30 replies to this topic
Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

Cracker.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

[IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME, SPOILERS BELOW!]

So I chose the option to kill Trevor, the second in my plan to have 1 savegame with each option. I f*cking regret it! You basically loose 1/3 of the game. The McKenzie airport which is hands down the best property, lost. All other Trevor properties, including garage, hangar, Sandy Shores airfield, safehouses, lost. The madness, the whole Trevorness to the game... gone.

Yeah I kinda asked for it, but at least they could've given you the option to re-buy the properties after T is dead, if not inherit them from him. Oh well, I guess only without that option the choice makes a proper impact in the game.

But hey, at least I have my other savegame with all 3 characters. And now M and F will be ridiculously rich thanks to Lester missions. I only wish I could've taken advantage of those in the other savegame with Trevor too.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

why would you kill trevor anyway, Michael is the one who deserved it the most

but I chose to keep all 3 of them alive because I already feared that I couldn't play that character anymore - I was lucky :p

• Chips237 likes this

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"You know what T? I'm getting too old for this non sens

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

I just love how Trevor speaks to the police officers when you swtich to him and he is with 2 stars police, yeah, you're a dick.

"Autodefense you hear me?"

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

I did the same, luckily I finished Trevor's side missions and activities. Since day one I knew we were going to it a bullet in Trevor. And I couldn't wait to do it.
  • richierobz87 likes this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Self Certified Genius.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

I chose to kill Trevor and I'm still glad that I did. My most hated protagonist in any GTA game ever, was happy to be able to kill his ass.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

I chose to kill Trevor and I'm still glad that I did. My most hated protagonist in any GTA game ever, was happy to be able to kill his ass.

Unfortunately for you C is the canon ending. :pp
Either way, just reload the savegame and redo the game until the C ending.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

but I chose to keep all 3 of them alive because I already feared that I couldn't play that character anymore - I was lucky :p

I'd argue compelling cases for both Trevor or Michael being off'ed could be made. I couldn't help but feel bad for the dumb but well-meaning Floyd, Trevor basically ruined his life, and then ended it. Same with boot F'ing Johnny after banging his old lady at the start there. Trevor's a hell of a lot of fun to play with in GTA, but he's basically a huge, psychotic S.O.B. that deserved to die.

On my first run-through I tried to avoid all internet spoilers/cheats/easter egg news so I could experience it all naturally. But the one thing I was glad I cheated on was finding out what happens with "option C" before I actually did it. I went with that course, otherwise I would've chosen to kill Trevor too.

jondean31
  • jondean31

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

I killed Trevor first time around, as I thought option C would have killed Franklin!

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

That hobo from poland

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Trevor was amazing, I could deal with killing any of the characters.
Possibly Franklin if push came to shove

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Self Certified Genius.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Is there any proof that it is?

Joestacos2
  • Joestacos2

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Is there any proof that it is?

most people chose it, and R* confirmed it; after all: it's their game

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Self Certified Genius.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

Can you show actual PROOF that Rockstar themselves said "Yep, this is the cannon ending"?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

"The DLC will continue the adventures of Michael, Trevor, and Franklin..."

• PineboxFiller likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Though this doesn't 100% confirm it, it does make it very likely that C is the canon ending.

Sadly people are going to want to twist this as much as they want to with:

"That could mean anything!"

"Rockstar are a bunch of liars!"

"You need to read in-between the lines!"

"The DLC just takes place in a universe where ending C takes place!"

Instead of just taking it at face value. Not everything Rockstar says is some deep, cryptic message.

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

i didn't see why i should kill any of the protags. 

all it means is a cutscene and then free-roam with 1/3 or 2/3 less things to do. 

or 1 or 2 less gunners to ride along with in offline free-roam. 

so i kept them all alive. 

now i play almost exclusively as Franklin - and i can kill Trevor repeatedly. i can kill Michael repeatedly. 

or i can completely ignore any of them i choose and let them die a slow death of neglect. 

honestly, no point in any end-game option other than the cutscene. 

i guess some people too excited to kill off the axeoles to think clearly "wait then i won't be able to play as this character anymore" 

interesting to see how story-mode DLC handles the multiple endings. multiple DLC storylines depending on who is left? gloss over the fact that one or two characters are dead and they miraculously just appear and aren't mad at all about being capped? DLC takes place in the past? undead zombie themed DLC? aliens resurrect dead protags? 

it'll be pretty funny if a bunch of people get less DLC or have to start a new game because they killed of the main characters =p

• PineboxFiller likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:23 AM

I always thought it was very odd.

This was their first time making a GTA game where you can play as three different people simultaneously. They put a lot of emphasis on that.

And what do they do? Two of the endings actually give the player the choice to practically remove one-third of the content from the game. What's even stranger, is that there has been another Rockstar game where the protagonist dies, but the game doesn't end there. It allows you to continue playing as someone else.

But they didn't do that for GTA V. Nobody replaces Trevor or Michael, and then there is no way of accessing gameplay exclusive to them.

• Cutter De Blanc and DeadDoughGirl like this

DeadDoughGirl
  • DeadDoughGirl

I'm here for the bacon.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Maybe future DLC will react to which ending you chose? That would be cool. Unlikely, but cool.

Also there's the official image of the guys stood at the open boot of Devin's car, echoing the last scenes of the game. Some consider this a nod toward option C being the true ending.

http://www.igta5.com...k-the-trunk.jpg

I could never kill T or M. ;___;

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

Though this doesn't 100% confirm it, it does make it very likely that C is the canon ending.

Sadly people are going to want to twist this as much as they want to with:
"That could mean anything!"
"Rockstar are a bunch of liars!"
"You need to read in-between the lines!"
"The DLC just takes place in a universe where ending C takes place!"

Instead of just taking it at face value. Not everything Rockstar says is some deep, cryptic message.
Have any of us seen this DLC? Has Rockstar said anything on exactly what it's about? Because all we know of any singleplayer DLC so far are these assassination missions (exclusively will more than likely be for Franklin) and the flight school missions (which could be done by all three I assume).

Until I see screenshots or a trailer from a non-UN style DLC I'm still assuming all three ending are as valid as each other.

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Common sense.

joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Common sense.

IV had two endings. People consider that Revenge ending is canon but was ever officially confirmed?

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

If its DLC then maybe whoever you chose to off stays dead

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Common sense.
Oh really? Please enlighten me as to why "cammon sense" deems C canon?

- All three survive? Wow, it's almost as if there's never been a story which has killed off a main character at the end.
- C is for canon? Wow, you know your alphabet. Bravo
- All the antagonists are killed? Yep, because in real life the bad guys always get what's coming to them.
- It's a happy ending? It always seems to be that the fanbase wants the least darkest ending possible doesn't it? Well I guess that's not always the case.

And that's pretty much 90% of people's explainations as to why ending C is canon. Hell, I could come up with a comprehensive list of reasons as to why I think ending B is canon. But "noooo, you just hate Michael" if you think that.

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:06 PM Edited by Bi0ha2ard_q8, 08 May 2014 - 12:16 PM.

@OT

The game's narative is designed to allow for the three endings.

You kill Trevor because he's an unstable liability that might kill your mentor or/and cause problems for the crew as he's done with the Mexican boss. It's Logical (ironic?). You also want to appease the FIB, the crew's only ally. Although this option is my least favorite because it doesn't complete anybody's arc. Michael feels guilt and regret, despite his Hollywood dream being achieved and family bliss. Franklin achieves nothing.

You kill Michael because that's his mantra, in the boat theft mission Michael tells Franklin to rob, kill and betray and the most important thing is survival. Although that's a life full of self hate and regret. F possibly gets a better mentor that promises more money and success (maybe naive to believe, Devin hasn't paid for luxury GTA's). Franklin's is all about blind ambition throughout the game so it fits. Also Michael has a deathwish. Notice how Trevor refuses to help Franklin, unlike Michael in the reverse situation, it makes killing the treacherous ass easier. 

The third option is the togetherness yaaaay fu*k e'rbody path. Franklin gets a satisfying arc, by finally seeing the value in his "homies" over money or empty success. When he gets high he often thinks about how nobody loves him and the fact that he has no friends, someone in life invader even comments on that. People I chat with often forget about Frankiln's satisfying arc in this path, always talking about Michael's success and happiness while saying that the other two's story never goes anywhere...bullsh*t. And Trevor finally forgives Michael in allying with him against the FIB and Merryweather. Although this option is the least realistic, it is the most fun and satisfying, as opposed to Niko's empty ending. (I Love IV and Niko the most, I'm just being objective)

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Common sense.

IV had two endings. People consider that Revenge ending is canon but was ever officially confirmed?

Usually people who say that Revenge is canon just prefer that ending, unlike in V where it's a bit too obvious.

I too prefer it but I'd rather say that Deal is the canon ending.

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Common sense.
Oh really? Please enlighten me as to why "cammon sense" deems C canon?

- All three survive? Wow, it's almost as if there's never been a story which has killed off a main character at the end.
- C is for canon? Wow, you know your alphabet. Bravo
- All the antagonists are killed? Yep, because in real life the bad guys always get what's coming to them.
- It's a happy ending? It always seems to be that the fanbase wants the least darkest ending possible doesn't it? Well I guess that's not always the case.

And that's pretty much 90% of people's explainations as to why ending C is canon. Hell, I could come up with a comprehensive list of reasons as to why I think ending B is canon. But "noooo, you just hate Michael" if you think that.

Never stated the reason.

I can give you 50 reasons but you would just say "noooo, you just like happy endings!", same argument. 

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

C is the canon ending. 

says who?

Common sense.

People have been saying this because someone claimed you could see the plane explosion from TBoGT in the background during the final cutscene on happiness island. BUt it turned out that it was just the FarClip value not rendering Alderny. The smoke everyone assumed to be from the plane was actually those smoke stacks in Alderny's industrial zone.

And just like with GTA V, IV's trailers depict scenes and dialogue from one specific ending - the Deal ending.

There's also the fact that Packie said he could never leave LC since someone would need to take care of Ma. And a certain someone would have to be alive for him to leave LC - which he is seen doing during TBoGT's credits.

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

C is the canon ending.

says who?

Common sense.

People have been saying this because someone claimed you could see the plane explosion from TBoGT in the background during the final cutscene on happiness island. BUt it turned out that it was just the FarClip value not rendering Alderny. The smoke everyone assumed to be from the plane was actually those smoke stacks in Alderny's industrial zone.

And just like with GTA V, IV's trailers depict scenes and dialogue from one specific ending - the Deal ending.
There's also the fact that Packie said he could never leave LC since someone would need to take care of Ma. And a certain someone would have to be alive for him to leave LC - which he is seen doing during TBoGT's credits.

Well, Kate leaves LC anyway;

So Packie is left with his ma' whichever ending you chose, so most likely his ma' died between 2008 and 2013 or, less likely, but he just left her as well.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

I'd argue compelling cases for both Trevor or Michael being off'ed could be made. I couldn't help but feel bad for the dumb but well-meaning Floyd, Trevor basically ruined his life, and then ended it. Same with boot F'ing Johnny after banging his old lady at the start there. Trevor's a hell of a lot of fun to play with in GTA, but he's basically a huge, psychotic S.O.B. that deserved to die.

As soon as i learned i could off T, I did it. No regrets, no looking back. He's a horrible, horrible character. He destroyed Dwayne's life just to have a loyal follower, he obliterated Floyd's life, too. Floyd died for no reason. Johnny died for no reason - Rockstar wanted to show T as a badass, and in doing so he looks like a dick .He is a dick. He complains over and over about how Michael betrayed him, but he did the same to his "friends". He's got some redeeming features, but how he acts toward Michael (and how childish he is when talking about him to Franklin), Floyd and Dwayne and Ron, Johnny, I found him a very unlikable character. Some of the development was good, speaking as a writer, but it was all hidden behind Rockstar trying too hard to make him tough, and when i had the option to kill him, well I hate JK's death, but mostly, I felt like i was getting revenge for Floyd. I liked Floyd.

I'd like to have had a "D" ending where Franklin gets offed - not because i disliked him, but because i think it'd be interesting. C is the canon ending, clearly, but killing T felt very satisfying to me.
 I'd much rather the story to have been such that made me, and many others, to have liked Trevor. His introduction prevented that. JK is one of my favourite characters. Rockstar had to know that such an act would alienate some people - sure some people didn't like him and that's fine, but they have to understand that seeing that even would be difficult for JK fans, and more to the point, it actually sets Trevor up as an antagonist - GTA has always taught us that "he who f*cks with the protag gets f*cked in turn" - so he who f*cks with JK, even in V, is set up as the enemy. But he's you. So therefore that character, for some (or many), is simply unlikable. Throughout the game, while T has some redeeming features and opens up some cool things, but at the end of the day he's always going to be that unlikable character for me. That's my opinion of course. As a writer, objectively, I think JK's demise makes sense, but it's definitely there for one reason - shock. It's not there for a serious narrative point. It's not a commentary of how drugs can mess you up, it's not a commentary on how rage can lead to events, it's Rockstar killing off a previous protag in a lazy way of making the new one seem tough. It's almost "dues ex machina" - it's a method to convey something wihout it being worked on.

Killing Michael is an interesting thing but one that makes little sense too. Franklin never really berates M for his actions. He seems to understand, but disagree. He seems to act toward trevor in a "get over it" way. And all this, for us to turn on either protag and kill them to save F, seems a but contradictory. The underlying theme of betrayal and loyalty (or lack thereof) is too prevalent for anything other than option C to work. But despite that, despite C being the obvious "canon" if you like (yeah, no one knows that for sure), I found option A the most satisfying.

I hold out hope that some DLC will arise that changes the story and doesn't kill JK or Floyd, and that makes Trevor likable. Won't happen, but I want to like Trevor, and until JK's appearance, I thought i would.

oh well

• Overmenneske likes this

Sofa
  • Sofa

innocent bystander

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

I kinda hoped for a last man standing ending where you could backstab the other two with any of the characters and swipe their loot and properties....

Honor amongst thieves.... Suure.

Jedi Master Tom
  • Jedi Master Tom

Be with you, the Force may

• Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

I kinda hoped for a last man standing ending where you could backstab the other two with any of the characters and swipe their loot and properties....

Honor amongst thieves.... Suure.

That would have been a better set-up for an ending than what they went with. I chose option C because I didn't like the idea of cutting out 1/3 of the game by losing a whole character, with all of his money/property/activities. The alternative cutscenes are not worth the sacrifice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users