13 replies to this topic
h4l
  • h4l

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Hi guys,

I don't know if this has been discussed before, don't flame.

We all know the problem of empty servers. When I host a job, i'm lucky if I get some joiners. If I choose "join random job" or "join race" I get into a lobby of 3-4 players max. I think it would be great racing with 16 players or play capture/deathmatch in full lobbies.

To me, the solution is the ability to choose lobbies. It would look something like this: (nothing original, it is in a lot of other games)

-> Join Job

-> Select Job Type (for example race)

-> See all races available with sub menu : players waiting in lobby XYZ -> 9/16     (9 of max 16)

-> Join

It would be so simple to implement this, and it would take out a lot of frustration of empty servers/lobbies.

Thanks for reading, and again, if this is already discussed at length, please state the pro's and con's as to why it hasn't been implemented yet. (this or similair).

Regards,

• vipprimo and Overmenneske like this

glass pipe
  • glass pipe

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Email rockstar. They wont listen but its the best idea i guess.
  • vipprimo likes this

Gran Feft Orto
  • Gran Feft Orto

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

Ever since the last update, it takes me so long to find a decent race with a high number of players.  The amount of times I have to leave/rejoin lobbies and/or get kicked is ridiculous. I just want to race against 6-16 people. Is that so hard?!

• Overmenneske likes this

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Then the people will mostly join lobbies with near full players in it. It's called balancing, you have to balance everyone's lobbies so that people can play.

h4l
  • h4l

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Then the people will mostly join lobbies with near full players in it. It's called balancing, you have to balance everyone's lobbies so that people can play.

Of course they would. What is wrong with that?

Wouldn't it be better to have 1.000 full lobbies instead of 5.000 near-empty ones?

• vipprimo likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

That would be nice but what about doing the ranking levels too? Would that be nice to actually meet good competition? 

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

I love it!  Every other really good game allows for lobby picking.  

Sure the Rooftops would fill up fast, but having a list of available jobs would prevent me from randomly being dumped into a Stairway to Heaven that I wouldn't choose if I was drunk.  

We have a Join Job option, what if the available list comes up and to the right you see the "available missions", the Host and what rank he is, but not how many people are in the mission, etc.  You wouldn't have to pick Rooftop Rumble over and over if you didn't want to or you could, depending on your disposition.  

Since the list would update your match would be queued so as it moved up it would get more action instead of hosting up and nobody being randomly put in.

The only problem I see is the amount of events out there might be the issue.

• h4l likes this

h4l
  • h4l

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

The seeing who joined is also an option of course. The pro will be that the higher levels can compete amongst eachother, the con is that the lower levels also would like to have a challenge.

And besides, apart from weapons, is there really a big difference between a level 60 and level 120 player? We tend to overestimate ourselves :)

Concerning the amount of events; do you refer to the wide variety of jobs we can choose from, or that their might be 1.000 lobbies waiting at any given moment? For the latter, Rockstar can cap visibility of course. No need to see all the lobbies all over the world, a decent amount would be sufficient.

• vipprimo likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

This is how ALL online PC games used to work (and I bet most still do). I was shocked in IV when I joined games and it just stuck me in a random room. I thought 'whatever. Consoles are new to online; give them time.' Pfft.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Like the idea, but it would always say "the lobby you are trying to join is full" because there are a lot of people playing gta o. Eg: If you see a lobby with 10/16 players and you click join, there could of been 100's of people who clicked it before you.

Christacoma
  • Christacoma

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

Like the idea, but it would always say "the lobby you are trying to join is full" because there are a lot of people playing gta o. Eg: If you see a lobby with 10/16 players and you click join, there could of been 100's of people who clicked it before you.

But this could work very well for jobs or races which seem to always be empty...

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

Concerning the amount of events; do you refer to the wide variety of jobs we can choose from, or that their might be 1.000 lobbies waiting at any given moment? For the latter, Rockstar can cap visibility of course. No need to see all the lobbies all over the world, a decent amount would be sufficient.

Yea, I think when you went to it the list would be huge!  This idea might actually minimize that though since it'll be easier to find them.  You could also cap it based on connectivity.  If it isn't green then it isn't on the list or something along those lines.  

I agree I think they should have some sort of cap that they can do that would minimize it if the list was too big.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

They will never add this feature since i was needed in their other games also but they never implemented it. Two things I think would help would be an option to personally like or dislike jobs so the game knows which jobs you want to play or avoid and put or don't put you in those jobs when you select the game mode from your phone. The other thing they should do is merge lobbies together when two or more of the same jobs are waiting for players. If I finish a race with some players and we vote for the deathmatch "reflex", it should look for an open lobby already waiting for players and put us all in that lobby if there's enough room. Finally there needs to be basic templates for pvp games that have the same settings for every match so players can get put in the game in progress without fear of not knowing the kills needed, time limit, weapon settings etc. The map is the only thing that changes and players can come and go as they please while the room refills at all times with new players.

Fyi I've already sent these suggestions to rockstar several times and never recieved anything other than an automated response.

h4l
  • h4l

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

I also emailed Rockstar, but I don't have any illusions that they will reply :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users