Quantcast

» «
Photo

Favourite antagonist?

10 replies to this topic
Niko Valentine
  • Niko Valentine

Passion in acting with Hasselhoff Fever.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Who is your favourite GTA IV antagonist and why?

Personally my favourite is Vlad, he was hillarious and the way he had that "I'm bigger than everyoe else attitude" was brilliant.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Voggens
  • Voggens

So...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

I'd say Bulgarin, in IV he felt like someone that everyone feared. Would've been awesome if actually Niko finished him off instead of Luis. Rocco should've been Luis' final antagonist.

• theGTAking101 and OMGmyFACE like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

Dmitrij Raskalow.

Sebyy_HBK
  • Sebyy_HBK

Brothers for life, Lost forever.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

Ray Boccino , sometimes he made me laugh , he was a funny guy , and he was killed by Niko , I think that Johnny deserved to kill Ray Boccino more than Niko because Ray told Niko to kill Jim , and Ray wanted to kill Johnny too.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Disreputable Mexican Pharmacist

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

Ray Boccino , sometimes he made me laugh , he was a funny guy , and he was killed by Niko , I think that Johnny deserved to kill Ray Boccino more than Niko because Ray told Niko to kill Jim , and Ray wanted to kill Johnny too.

Definitely, but unfortunately Johnny had to adapt to Niko's story, not the other way around. I thought Ray's death was too anti-climactic, even if he wasn't much of an antagonist toward Niko. I forgot I had to kill him on my second and third playthroughs because he's just a mute NPC among about 20 other mobsters Niko can just blow up...

I liked Billy Grey. Out of him, Dimitri, Lance, Sonny, Ryder, and Big Smoke (and I'm probably missing some here) I thought he played the "old friend gone traitor" role the best. He was a master manipulator and very resourceful and a powerful character up until that prison execution. 

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:35 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 08 May 2014 - 07:36 AM.

Bulgarin was my favorite. Even though R* cheapened him in V a little, with his cartoonish fits of rage, to better fit with the game's lighthearted theme (which was pointless, because the core relationship between Luis and Tony was no less serious than anything in IV and TLaD), he was still one scary bastard. Unlike Dimitri, the cowardly weasel (well executed, I admit) who never even got around to challenge Niko directly after Russian Revolution, Bulgarin really felt like a challenge to Luis. He was angry, resourcesful and capable of anything. You could tell he's a whole different league from people like Jimmy P. And Vitali Baganov's performance was amazing. That man has a golden voice.

Billy Grey is a runner-up. The way he manipulated the Lost civil war, without ever actually partaking in it was great. He was a fascinating character too and his clash of ideologies with Johnny was interesting. And also a great acting performance and voice work by Lou Sumrall. I guess those things play a really large part in my enjoyment of character.

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Some Guy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Dimitri who made you actually hate him, the thing I love about GTA IV is how all the protagonist's stories intertwine so well, gotta hand it to Rockstar for their writing.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by TheUnholy, 08 May 2014 - 11:15 AM.

By the main antagonists, I think Billy was the best main antagonist in IV trilogy. He is shown as a powerful man IMO and also he was a quite interesting character, with his lifestyle and his short-tempered side, and also with his skill to manipulate things up. I think Billy was a character to both like and hate for, in my opinion this is what a good antagonist requires, just like Tenpenny, who is my favourite antagonists throughout all series. 

Also, I can say Dimitri made a very-well antagonist, too. I have never expected that Dimitri would stab me in the back but things have developed in such a quick way that you say "Dude, Dimitri is a real b*tthole now.". He made himself increasingly hated when he burnt down Roman's apartment and business to the ground, when he kidnapped Roman and also with his annoying "douchbaggy" phonecalls. Dimitri was a perfect antagonist, for sure.

I may say Darko did make a good antagonist too because he was quite a different antagonist compared to the others. 

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

....Niko Bellic

Yeup that's right, he is his own biggest enemy.

OooooH YeeEAAAH!

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Some Guy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

....Niko Bellic

Yeup that's right, he is his own biggest enemy.

OooooH YeeEAAAH!

lmao, surely acts like it. Moping around 24/7.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

I'll agree with the others above, I feel that Billy was the best antagonist in the IV trilogy (and series overall in fact). He was short tempered and fierce, willing to pretty much kill whoever got in his way. At the same time though he was also pretty smart and knew exactly how to manipulate people (e.g. Convincing the club attacking the AOD clubhouse). He knew his club, and knew exactly what they would do in certain situations.

One good indicator of his ability to read people is the entire heroin situation. He intentionally set up Johnny to be killed by the triads in This sh*ts Cursed, yet he played it off to make it look like he wasn't happy about giving it back. In turn, he made it look like it was an unexpected attack against the Lost, and gave the brothers and excuse to get the heroin back (and get rid of that "disloyal jew bastard").

Hell, I think if he was still alive in 2013 and hadn't ridden the Lost into the ground by then, Trevor would have been the one with his brains kicked into the ground.
  • TheUnholy, HaythamKenway, Bi0ha2ard_q8 and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users