Photo

Joystick stories...

5 replies to this topic
Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Lets chew fat about joysticks in gaming.

To get you started, here are couple of questions:

1.What was your best joystick ever

2.What happened to it?

3.Do you still play games using a joystick??

4.Ever spend huge pile of dosh on a joystick that turned out to be utterly crap?

5.Were those expensive joysticks with an actual throttle handle like the coolest thing ever?

Feel free to share your best and worst joystick memories with us! Joystick jokes also welcome, but be aware you might be kicked out the forum for them!

(I'll tell my joystick memories later, when I got more time!)

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:56 AM Edited by tuareg, 09 May 2014 - 11:03 AM.

My favourite one is my 360 controller. I had it for almost 5 years and it has been loyal the whole way through. It's all ghetto'd up with tape now because the batteries just straight up fall out if you're holding it, but it gets the job done still.

Least favourite ones were the knock-off ps2 controllers that i bought because my original one drowned (during events i can not divulge currently). Most of them weren't cheap either.

I ended up spending about $50 buying cheap controllers instead of just buying an original ps2 one. I wasn't a wise teenager.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

It depends if we are talking about actual Joysticks or just controllers in general. Can't stand actual joysticks though.

But yeah, nothing will beat the 360 wired controller for gaming, especially for use with PC games and emulators. I feel it is pretty much perfect and doesn't need changing, this is one of the major factors stopping me from getting new consoles. If there were adaptors to use the 360 controller on the PS4 I would be all about that sh*t. But I haven't felt either the PS4 or the X1 controllers yet, hopefully they aren't too awful.

I got a MOGA Pro controller recently for use with my phone. It is pretty awesome, it has a clamp that flips out to put your device into and it is essentially a 360 controller. The only problem is in order to have the flip out mount the right analog stick is moved too close to the ABYX buttons which means it is very awkward if you want to hold down the A button and move up to hit X it bumps the right analog stick, they are also quite loose and the sensitivity is not the same as the 360 ones. Other than that it is great though.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

Xbox 360 controller. Nice, solid construction and the perfect size. My only problem with it is the battery pack disconnects at the slightest bump, even on brand new controllers.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

I'm actually talking about joysticks, as it stands in the topic.

-so, no joypads here, please!

Me, I had three joystics on commodore 64, including the famed Tac-2.

On amiga, I had one cheap stick that did not have much use.

On PC I got this high grade Saitek joystick that had throttle and more buttons than Lil Weasels smoking jacket. It was brill for those space simulators I loved back then, such as Wing Commander, X-Wing and Tachyon the Fridge.

One recurring thing about joystick was that they used to pop loose when the gamign get intense. (they were stuck to the table with suction cups) Veteran gamers will fondly remember the sound of loosening suction cups! SLuuPOP!

I did not like to touch other people's joysticks, though. Unhygienic and all that.

-so, when going to play on friends house, I took my own joystick with.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Mensch I Natur I Technik

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Best joystick I ever had was when I was 11. I used to push and pull it every night. Especially when my parents would be out, I'd play with it all over the house and I could be as loud as I want. I normally didn't like to touch other people's joysticks either as they can be sticky and gross although my uncle never had a problem touching mine. 

• Voodoo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users