Photo

Big Orange Ball Challenge!

39 replies to this topic
SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by SaveTheZombies, 18 May 2014 - 04:15 PM.

just quickley made a bowling alley type race, using a suv as bowling ball and buoys as pins.

Bowling Alley Bridge:   http://rsg.ms/TfkENK

Cousin, Let's go Bowling!

Thanks to the car pic thread I don't have any more likes for today but I wish I had one more for this.

How do you get the buoys on land; I can never place them? I used dynamic props for my bowling but I'm going to switch them to tire stacks.

@Flukey

btw the mime facepaint + jazzhands = brilliant combo. You look like you're all coked up and can't find your way out of the box.

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Flukey, 18 May 2014 - 08:12 PM.

Lol its supposed to be a minstrel. Me and another guy on here just go into passive mode and wave at tanks.

I just managed to get an almost full lobby on Indiana Jones and it properly glitched out on the juice stand lol. Everyone was exploding and respawning on top of each other and exploding again. I thought it was a disaster but everybody voted like by the time the race finished.

I'll have to have yet another look at it.

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:36 AM Edited by Leeds-Monkey, 19 May 2014 - 09:37 AM.

just quickley made a bowling alley type race, using a suv as bowling ball and buoys as pins.

Bowling Alley Bridge:   http://rsg.ms/TfkENK

Cousin, Let's go Bowling!

Thanks to the car pic thread I don't have any more likes for today but I wish I had one more for this.

How do you get the buoys on land; I can never place them? I used dynamic props for my bowling but I'm going to switch them to tire stacks.

it didnt work as well as i hoped the buoys are to heavy and dont move as much as i wanted, placed the buoys using the switching method switching from concrete bench - buoys

• SaveTheZombies likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

I just made this http://rsg.ms/SQOQPh

Thinking about locking it to biftas. Its a lap race with a sharp turnaround that should knock the ball loose and hopefully run it into the oncoming traffic on the dirt track back to the finish line.

Its called Number 6. I don't know how many of you are old/cool enough to remember the TV series The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan where he had his memory wiped and had to escape the strange island with a big ball chasing him.

I enjoyed this when you hosted the other day, good fun race :)

• Flukey likes this

hyperkane
  • hyperkane

"Like A Hurricane" x 100

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

As far as "bowling" goes. I added a new ending to my race, "Planes, Trains and Motos". To finish, you dive in the river, swim into the head pin (the green buoy). The other nine buoys are red. Usually you will get a strike causing all the "pins" to plummet over the waterfall with you in the mix. Cue underwater cinematic ending. Human bowling ball.   :p

• Flukey and SaveTheZombies like this

BlackMetalDevil
  • BlackMetalDevil

Killing Time...

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by BlackMetalDevil, 17 July 2014 - 03:51 AM.

Car-Golf. (PS3)
The ball starts on a tee, you knock it off and putt it through the checkpoints to the hole.
You need the ball in the hole as a ramp to access the finish line.
Works best solo, but also works well with friends.

• Flukey, hyperkane and SaveTheZombies like this

hyperkane
  • hyperkane

"Like A Hurricane" x 100

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Car-Golf. (PS3)
The ball starts on a tee, you knock it off and putt it through the checkpoints to the hole.
You need the ball in the hole as a ramp to access the finish line.
Works best solo, but also works well with friends.

I added this, this morning. It stirs many ideas in my head. None of which will probably work. More outside-the-box thinking. Looking forward to playing this tonight after I get home from work. You have some other interesting creations I hope to look at at some point. Lunch is over. Back to work.

hyperkane
  • hyperkane

"Like A Hurricane" x 100

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Love the concept of Car-Golf (PS3) Race. However, I sold my custom Entity last week and tried this race solo. When I got to around Checkpoint 7 and I could not get the ball up over to Checkpoint 8. Do I need the speed of a custom Entity (if allowed) and/or the help of other players? Also, I respawned at Checkpoint 9 and got stuck in the hole for a while. Maybe you don't need CP 9?. Could not finish the race.   :(   Maybe it's just me?   :blink:

BlackMetalDevil
  • BlackMetalDevil

Killing Time...

• Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Love the concept of Car-Golf (PS3) Race. However, I sold my custom Entity last week and tried this race solo. When I got to around Checkpoint 7 and I could not get the ball up over to Checkpoint 8. Do I need the speed of a custom Entity (if allowed) and/or the help of other players? Also, I respawned at Checkpoint 9 and got stuck in the hole for a while. Maybe you don't need CP 9?. Could not finish the race.   :(   Maybe it's just me?   :blink:

A custom Entity would probably help but the race is locked to the stock Entity for a few reasons. 
1. It's AWD for better traction on some of the more difficult checkpoints. 
2. It's low enough at the front to not climb the ball (bigger vehilcles like Sandking/etc mount the ball like a horny dog). 
3. You need the power of a super car to get up the two ramp sections. 
The only other vehicle that worked well was the tractor but if the ball got away from you it was too slow to catch it when it rolls backwards. 

I made this 'race' as another puzzle experiment a few months ago, it is a challenging hole but can definitely be done with ease once you understand the choke points, a 2nd person might help but I think it's a better puzzle when played solo. The trial and error factor of what works and what doesn't makes this race frustratingly fun, the panic that sets in when the ball starts rolling backwards after getting it so far is a unique thrill not really found anywhere else in this game, you learn from the mistakes and try to apply a better strategy to get it done. 
I'll check that checkpoint that got you stuck in the hole, I tested that spot a few times when I made it and didn't have any problems but maybe I could move it a bit to ensure that there is 0% chance of getting stuck there. 

I had someone post a report to Rockstar about this race claiming I was a hacker (here is the link to the report page if you're interested https://support.rock...cker-gta-online ), so yes I understand it is a difficult challenge for the casual gamer but anyone with an interest in new ideas and has both patience and determination should definitely try it to see a creative mind in action. 
I have a lot more creative races on my job page that people should check out if you like original and well crafted ideas but I rarely host or promote my races because I test them so much before publishing them and then move onto something new, so if you liked the creativity of Car-Golf check out my other races, there are a lot of gems in there that will impress.

XYB0LX
  • XYB0LX

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

I built a track like a rollercoaster with barriers and containers in a capture and placed actors in the path. Tried to use a plane crashing into it to kick it into the track, running the actors over all the way down to the road by the observatory. Worked beautifly in creator but ball was gone in actual capture. If anyone knows why please share. Changed it to a car falling on it with no explosives or dynamics but I haven't tested it in-game yet. Hillarious in the creator though. I'll share the results when I get to test in 'real world'. awesome thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users