Quantcast

» «
Photo

You shouldn't be able to carry all the weapons...

114 replies to this topic
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

GTA needs a Fallout: New Vegas style challenge mode. 

Normal mode is how it is now. Challenge mode only allows you to carry a pistol concealed, doubles damaged received, healing items take time to administer, etc.

Hell, I'd go for it.

• DrAnomalous and Niobium like this

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Fer crying out friggin' loud... you want realism in GTA? 

I want more guns and ammo...

This is GTA for crap's sake... nobody needs it to become a reality simulator... 

GTA= Over The Top Fun... 

They have already cut down on cheats and made the game far more linear that earlier versions...

No sir, we need more mayhem.

Games like Saints Row are over the top, not GTA. There's no limits or no challenge. Just endless mayhem. GTA's are not like that, and should never go to that. Of course we could have UFOs and flying dildos, unlimited ammo in our banana pistol, we could jump 100m, but that wouldn't be a GTA game anymore. 

I too believe you shouldn't have tons of weapons in one time. How about this;....

--> Having a safe place (i.e a weapon "wardrobe") in your SP house/MP apartment and having the ability to put all your weapons there each by class (i.e Pistols in one class, MG's / SMG's, in another- etc)

--> You can pick from these up to 3 in each class. That'll make you able to pick up the AP Pistol + [guns of choice], MG + Combat MG + SMG, Combat Rifle + Advanced Rifle (or AK if you wish) + Carbine Rifle, all three heavy weapons, both snipers. In other words, you can have the best weapons in each class (as stated before)

--> Thrown items are endless [can have all four -Molotov + Grenade + T.G + Stickies- in the same time]

--> *[SP Only] Dropping an item somewhere will permanently make them there and won't disappear.**

Reason why this won't appeal in GTA:O is because you do can drop your weapon[s] but upon changing sessions, it'll disappear forcing you to buy another.

**Drakan: The Ancient Gates has this ability. I saved all the special weapons in one place at the Blacksmith in Surdana, and can pick them up anytime.

I don't think it wouldn't really change anything if you could still have 3 weapons of each class with you... 

• DrAnomalous and Tlaneloli like this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Do you also have a problem with the character's pulling helmets out their ass?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Episodes from San Liberty

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Is this really a complaint? I mean, we got bullet time when we change guns, a weapon wheel and multiple weapons in each class, are people really complaining about this just because of realism? When in the past, we are able to carry RPG's and miniguns in our pockets? I'd like to see someone say one disadvantage of this feature besides realism. 

There's no punishment or anything. Starting with IV, you don't lose your weapons upon death anymore, and nobody is stupid or slow enough to ever get arrested and lose their stuff, especially now with V's trigger-happy police. Players now can keep all weapons, all ammo and never really lose it. The system is too friendly/easy.

That's an improvement to me, but whatever. 

I don't see how making gameplay easier is an improvement. There are no risks.

• DrAnomalous likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

It means you don't have to travel all around the map like a dumbass looking for that weapon you've struggled to find only to be taken away by Hospital staff after you've been shot in the forehead by a cop.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

The system I would go with, and I think is fairly balanced

- You can carry two small weapons, with around 500 bullets for each. These weapons can be concealed in a jacket.
- You can also carry one two-handed weapon, such as an assault rifle or shotgun. With a bandolier thing, you can carry this weapon on your back. However it's not concealed and this gives you a three-star wanted level on sight. Of course, you can sneak through alleyways, apartment floors and across buildings to have your two handed weapon ready, without being given a wanted level. Your three weapons can be switched to almost instantly. For this weapon, you can carry around 200 bullets. This makes your two handed weapon "special" and in the long run, makes it feel like your assault rifle has more impact. You'll also find yourself using a greater variety of weapons. An "extended" bandolier thing allows you to carry two two-handed weapons, as the expense of slower running speed, and less ammo.
- In your personal vehicle, depending on size, you're allowed to carry extra weaponry and ammo. A semi-truck allows you to carry every gun in the game and 9999 ammo, a van allows you to carry 5-6 guns and 5000 ammo for each, etc. This also makes vehicle size something to factor in when choosing a vehicle.
- This adds extra layer to free roam, as there's an "extra objective" of sorts. If people are going around killing, where do they get their ammo from? That's right, find their van and steal it or keep it. This also makes "hiding" our ammo storage something to consider. Keeping it safe in your garage, or hiding it in an alleyway or garage.

inb4 simpletons posting "2complex4me i jhus whant 2 keel ppl"
There's better games to kill random people on. Leave that basic nonsense to Saints Row IV and let GTA have some depth for once.
  • Niobium likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

Its a videogame, so I have no problem with carrying all weapons, but I would be ok with some sort of storage system at your safehouses in case you don't want every weapon. 

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

sick, demented griefer

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

it wouldn't even change that much, people would still use all the same weapons, for example someone who is past lvl 100: rpg, heavy sniper. advanced rifle and ap pistol/assault shotgun

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

inb4 simpletons posting "2complex4me i jhus whant 2 keel ppl"
There's better games to kill random people on. Leave that basic nonsense to Saints Row IV and let GTA have some depth for once.

That's too much depth. I'd be fine with going to the classic 3D era mechanic of losing weapons upon death. Besides, killing random people in GTA is the best, because advanced physics!

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 10 May 2014 - 08:35 PM.

This again? I like being able to carry every gun and blow sh*t up at my leisure.

You want limits like that, go play f*ckin' mafia II.

''Limits like that in Mafia II''?????

have you played GTA III, San Andreas, Liberty City stories, Vice city stories, or GTA IV..???

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

Be good, work hard, stay focused!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, you should have every gun in your safe house and pick up a hand gun, a two handed and a explosive/throwable.

My choice would be:

Hand Gun - .50 Pistol

Two Handed Gun - Advanced Rifle

Explosive - Stick Bomb

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:56 AM Edited by mulder84, 11 May 2014 - 06:56 AM.

I didn't like your idea at first, but I suppose there is some sense to it, most of the time I don't even use more than one weapon of each class anyway.
Here's what I think might work out:
2 handguns, possibly one silenced (3 if tazers are added online)
1 SMG
2 two handed weapons (from rifle and shotgun class)
1 sniper rifle
No limit on special class weapons (RPGs/Miniguns/etc)
No limit on thrown weapons

Of course you can buy more weapons than you can carry in your inventory, but you'll need to store older weapons in your apartment's armory first or they'll be replaced, after that you can swap them out anytime. This actually makes the apartments useful for once. :lol:

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by Shade04rek, 11 May 2014 - 07:52 AM.

Its a videogame, so I have no problem with carrying all weapons, but I would be ok with some sort of storage system at your safehouses in case you don't want every weapon. 

This. Relatively simple.

1 gun slot per class, mini and rpg separate

Gun closet at safehouse(like ammunation w/o ammo purchase). select loadout

hardly will matter anyway because we all use only the best guns anyway.

its too late for sp, but online would benefit the most by unpussifying players and having them think a little bit. 

Personally I dont mind it too much in sp, but gtao needs some f*cking balance

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

GTA= Over The Top Fun... 

They have already cut down on cheats and made the game far more linear that earlier versions...

Games like Saints Row are over the top, not GTA. There's no limits or no challenge. Just endless mayhem. GTA's are not like that, and should never go to that. Of course we could have UFOs and flying dildos, unlimited ammo in our banana pistol, we could jump 100m, but that wouldn't be a GTA game anymore. 

So you haven't seen the UFO easter eggs yet. Oh boy are you going to just hate everything.

This again? I like being able to carry every gun and blow sh*t up at my leisure.

have you played GTA III, San Andreas, Liberty City stories, Vice city stories, or GTA IV..???

Oh yes, but they still let you carry every type of weapon on you, even if you didn't carry every separate version. What people want here is unnecessary realism, like that found in "Go clean toilets because f*ck you" Mafia II.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

I'd be upset of they changed, I can empty like 4 different weapon slots in like 30 minutes rampaging withthe police mwahahaha

budfox26
  • budfox26

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

I wish less time was spent adding more guns and more time spent fixing gameplay. 

CorvetteStingray
  • CorvetteStingray

All the hype is back.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

I'd like this system to retain. Not only it saves me from going to Ammunation back and forth, it also saves me a bit more money so I can use the money instead for other stuff like pimping rides and hospital bills just in case of random boredom rampages.

Anyway, what's also the other unrealistic stuff in GTA V?

1. Special abilities - Michael can slow down time while shooting, Franklin can slow down time + VERY sensitive handling, while Trevor can have 2x the damage to other people while he can survive being eaten by a cougar.
  2. Pulling guns out of nowhere, especially RPGs, Miniguns, and 50+ sticky bombs
  3. Car damage. 50mph in a sports car and rear-ended an SUV. Minimal damage.
  4. [GTA:O] Being able to switch masks just about anywhere
  5. A parachute appears out of nowhere when you attempt to skydive.
  6. While in clothing stores, you can change your outfit to your newly bought one while just being outside (AKA while on the aisles of clothes). Wouldn't you be embarrassed that the cashier can see your tighty-whities if you did the same in real life?
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

GTA= Over The Top Fun... 

So you haven't seen the UFO easter eggs yet. Oh boy are you going to just hate everything.

Oh yes, but they still let you carry every type of weapon on you, even if you didn't carry every separate version. What people want here is unnecessary realism, like that found in "Go clean toilets because f*ck you" Mafia II.

Mafia II had a similar way of past GTA games when it came to weapon. Either have 1 pistol, 1 rifle, and thats it. not like GTA V where you could have 5 pistols and 5 goddamn rifles. 

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

Do you also have a problem with the character's pulling helmets out their ass?

No, because it doesn't affect gameplay at all, unlike having every single weapon all the time. 

ATP2555
  • ATP2555

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:58 AM

I agree with this thread.

If there's one major turnoff to this game, it's the ability to carry all weapons at once.

To be honest, I don't need three pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles on me at one time. It makes the game way too easy, as you have the game's entire arsenal at the press of a button.

Every other weapon seems to just outclass the previous one in it's category. For instance, the Combat Pistol makes the regular pistol feel useless, as they are nearly the same(clip size and fire rate), but the Combat Pistol is stronger and more accurate. I don't need two pistols that are nearly alike AND a machine pistol which outclasses them both. If that's the case, then they should have brought dual-wielding back.

As for assault rifles, AK is the weakest, Carbine Rifle is a simple stat boost, and Advanced Rifle is another stat boost, but with reduced accuracy, so what's the point in even using the AK anymore if it gets completely outclassed by the other two AR's. And why is the AK, which shoots 7.62mm rounds, weaker than the other two AR's that shoot 5.56mm rounds?

The machine guns really bug me. The Combat MG is just a stat boost of the regular MG, and the former is also acquired BEFORE the latter as well. The Combat MG just outclasses the regular, which, despite being a PK model that shoots 7.62mm rounds, is weaker than the Combat MG, an M249, which shoots 5.56mm rounds. Did they really put much thought into their stats? 

The reason why I'm going on about the stats is because they don't really differ that much. In GTA IV, the Pistol had a larger clip than the Combat Pistol but lower damage. The Micro-SMG had a larger clip but lesser accuracy than the SMG. The Assault Rifle did more damage than the Carbine Rifle, but was less accurate. 

In GTA IV, when I wanted to switch a weapon in a category, I would go do that whenever I felt like the situation called for it. Now, I have to scroll through a weapon wheel to get the weapon I want, which is boring. I was fine carrying one weapon in a category.

I'm hoping they make a semi-sequel to GTA V and bring back the ability to carry one weapon in a category. Sometimes just one in enough.

• ten-a-penny and Mukaparska like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:42 AM Edited by B Dawg, 15 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

The reason why I'm going on about the stats is because they don't really differ that much. In GTA IV, the Pistol had a larger clip than the Combat Pistol but lower damage. The Micro-SMG had a larger clip but lesser accuracy than the SMG. The Assault Rifle did more damage than the Carbine Rifle, but was less accurate.

I'm not so sure with the AK-47 vs M4, according to gta.wikia.com, the AK-47 deals more damage, according to gta4.net they deal the same.

Pump Shotgun vs Combat Shotgun - Damage VS Speed, the pump dealing 20 damage per pellet while the combat deals 10.

Combat Sniper beats Sniper Rifle in every way.

And then the balance was slightly broken in TLAD with the Automatic Pistol and Street Sweeper auto-shotgun, don't know about TBOGT.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

This was not really a thing that was bothering. It worked since Gta 3. But as gta begins to become more realistically, things need to change.

It is fun to carry many guns at once, but now with gta 5 it seems less realistic. I think that it may work. You then have to think tactically.

And you only can drop guns in online, from what i have seen. It actually makes it better. I say, yes.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:01 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 15 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Prior to release, I was worried they'd adopt Max Payne 3's weapon system. Don't get me wrong, it worked great for Max Payne considering it's a more linear game. Rockstar made the right choice using Red Dead's weapon system for GTA V, though I do think it's rather strange to be able to carry EVERYTHING. I mean, you can just pull a rocket launcher out of nowhere and then suddenly change it into a big-ass minigun. True classic GTA fashion.

So it doesn't seem unrealistic, I like to imagine that you just stumble upon the weapons you're equipping, or carry them around in vehicles you drive.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

GTA isn't over the top fun?

I think people are confusing GTA with Mafia II. Though I suppose GTA IV without DLC isn't over the top fun, but that was an exception. I don't like how one gritty entry in one series suddenly means the whole series needs to be gritty and realistic now, other wise it's just not "Respectable".

If you wanted fuel, traffic laws, and realistic weapon limits where you are literally only allowed to carry 3 guns at a time and I do mean three guns not three of every type of gun, mafia II is for you. Also you can get a wanted level for having a gun out in public in that game. And the DLC adds free roam to it. Seriously, give it a try. It does have less features than GTA IV, but it is chock full of tedious bullsh*t. People seem to like that nowadays.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

GTA isn't over the top fun?

I think people are confusing GTA with Mafia II. Though I suppose GTA IV without DLC isn't over the top fun, but that was an exception. I don't like how one gritty entry in one series suddenly means the whole series needs to be gritty and realistic now, other wise it's just not "Respectable".

If you wanted fuel, traffic laws, and realistic weapon limits where you are literally only allowed to carry 3 guns at a time and I do mean three guns not three of every type of gun, mafia II is for you. Also you can get a wanted level for having a gun out in public in that game. And the DLC adds free roam to it. Seriously, give it a try. It does have less features than GTA IV, but it is chock full of tedious bullsh*t. People seem to like that nowadays.

Of course you could be able to spawn elephants with machines guns, jump 50 meters high, drive around in a giant dildo, and have invincibility, but that wouldn't fit to a GTA game, maybe to Saints Row. In nearly every GTA game, you've had some limits. Either you lose your weapons when you die, or you can only have one weapon of each class, or both. That's fine, but having every single gun 24/7 breaks the immersion. It takes away a lot of the challenge. 

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

Being able to carry all of these weapons has bothered me from release day. The fact that code exists to drop a weapon online irks me even more. Does Rockstar really think the online ability will sway me to favor online because it's not working. The ability needs to be patched to SP asap. Or bring back the days of Vice City where I could walk past the airport to lighten my load.
  • Choco Taco likes this

SmokinZombiez420
  • SmokinZombiez420

GodSmoke

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by SmokinZombiez420, 16 May 2014 - 08:33 PM.

It's pretty stupid you can have like 5 pistols, 5 assault rifles, 5 SMGs and 5 shotguns at a time. You never lose them, you never run out of ammo. It get's boring. I'm pretty sure that's the reason what bugged me the most in RDR and kind of broke the atmosphere. If they decided you no longer lose your weapons when you'll die or get arrested (which I dislike, but I understand most of you approve it), at least you shouldn't be able to carry more than one weapon of each class at a time. You could have a closet in your house or something where you could choose what guns to carry or buy them from Ammunations. It just get's boring to have all the guns all the time. It's like you always have a significant advantage compared to your enemies. 

pfffttt.....nerd lol

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:37 AM Edited by King Kapone, 17 May 2014 - 12:38 AM.

One day (GTA XXIII) the weapons will be stored in the trunk of your vehicle and you'll only be able to carry one or two on your person.

Considering the idea of guns being stored in vehicles was introduced in The Lost and Damned and carry limits in Max Payne its a wonder this is even an issue.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Considering the idea of guns being stored in vehicles was introduced in The Lost and Damned

Are you talking about Terry's gun van? That doesn't really count, besides, Lil Jacob had it first.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

Considering the idea of guns being stored in vehicles was introduced in The Lost and Damned

Are you talking about Terry's gun van? That doesn't really count, besides, Lil Jacob had it first.

Terrys gun van introduced the possibility of weapon storage being accessible from a vehicle instead of a building like Ammunation.

The unavailability of this in V is just silly. Wait.. it'll probably be available in purchaseable DLC -______-.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users