Quantcast

» «
Photo

You shouldn't be able to carry all the weapons...

114 replies to this topic
Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

You can run out of bullets in SP or you can just get busted and that takes away all bullets from every gun.

• fac316 likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

You can run out of bullets in SP or you can just get busted and that takes away all bullets from every gun.

Jezz, that's not immersion breaking at all..

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

I think most GTAs have always allowed for carrying multiple weapons, some slots (type) more than others, and I don't see this changing. Lots of people didn't care for the replacement of weapons and preferred to carry all. Reason: If there were two of the same type weapons and you were stuck having to choose one or the other. It kinda sucked, IMO.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

LOL! Video Game logic:

video_game_logic_13.jpg

• DarthShinobi and ten-a-penny like this

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

I really like having every weapon at my disposal. We can't even carry much in terms of explosives as it is and when going up against the gov. those rockets and stickies go fast. Hope they keep it this way. When it comes to realism in gta, I want the world and everything in it to be as real as possible...except for me. I prefer to be some sort of unstoppable terminator demi-god that solo takes down an entire army.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:39 AM Edited by one55, 07 May 2014 - 08:41 AM.

It's a video game. That's why we go about killing people, crashing cars/planes and who knows what else in a city that's on an island in the middle of and endless ocean. It's just a game. Would you rather see all the weapons on the characters back? RDR got away with it because of the setting. even then...you could still have multiple handguns, rifles,shot guns and other weapons. still unrealistic.  would you rather the character only carried one rifle/pistol and a few grenades at a time? and if u want a new one then you''d have to drive to a gun shop and swap them out? it's not fun.

Wait, why are you even playing GTA? All the games have had this and it's not gonna change. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'd like a return to the Manhunt style - you can carry one of each weapon type, and you can see them being carried. Similar to RDR. 

God damn I want a Manhunt HD remake/reboot. Something with the fighting of The Warriors, with the brutality and intensity of the first Manhunt, played out in an open world city the size of Los Santos V2. 

MAKE THIS HAPPEN, ROCKSTAR. 

• matajuegos01 and Sir Winthorpe Herrington like this

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

I'd like a return to the Manhunt style - you can carry one of each weapon type, and you can see them being carried. Similar to RDR. 

God damn I want a Manhunt HD remake/reboot. Something with the fighting of The Warriors, with the brutality and intensity of the first Manhunt, played out in an open world city the size of Los Santos V2. 

Similar to RDR? RDR had exactly the same system as GTA V. 

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

I don't want a Resident Evil Inventory System! IS it perfect, no, but its alot better then discarding a weapon when you pick up the same type of the weapon (which would suck in VC b/c you had the Chainsaw and the katana)

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:33 PM Edited by Andreas, 29 May 2014 - 01:11 AM. Merged posts.

It's a video game. That's why we go about killing people, crashing cars/planes and who knows what else in a city that's on an island in the middle of and endless ocean. It's just a game. Would you rather see all the weapons on the characters back? RDR got away with it because of the setting. even then...you could still have multiple handguns, rifles,shot guns and other weapons. still unrealistic.  would you rather the character only carried one rifle/pistol and a few grenades at a time? and if u want a new one then you''d have to drive to a gun shop and swap them out? it's not fun.

Wait, why are you even playing GTA? All the games have had this and it's not gonna change.

No, only GTA V has had it, and maybe GTA 1, 2, and Londons, I don't remember. In RDR, the system greatly disturbed the atmosphere of the game. "Ugh, I'm in the middle of forest surrounded by bears and I have 2 bullets left in my rifle... Better take another rifle from my pocket or use a bit magic to spawn me a horse". This is GTA, not Saints Row. There must be some sort of logical and reasonable limits in this game to keep up the atmosphere. You could as well be able to spawn dinosaurs and clowns with 5 meter dildos because it's just a game and having fun is the main point. But that wouldn't make any sense, would it? 

I don't want a Resident Evil Inventory System! IS it perfect, no, but its alot better then discarding a weapon when you pick up the same type of the weapon (which would suck in VC b/c you had the Chainsaw and the katana)

Well, I don't really see what is so bad in having only katana instead of chainsaw and vice versa. If you like them both, you should enjoy using either one, and when you get bored, you'll get the other one in the closest store. 

I really like having every weapon at my disposal. We can't even carry much in terms of explosives as it is and when going up against the gov. those rockets and stickies go fast. Hope they keep it this way. When it comes to realism in gta, I want the world and everything in it to be as real as possible...except for me. I prefer to be some sort of unstoppable terminator demi-god that solo takes down an entire army.

But it get's boring if they pose no threat to you, and all the smaller incidents lose their point when you always have an upper hand. Let's say that small robbery event where those three guys come to kill you. What's the point if you can always just shoot them without any challenge? 

Before this game released, I was SO hoping for such an immersive experience with things like this.

When I heard the game was based around heists (when it really isn't), I got so stoked. I was expecting the team to have a safe house, where you could store weapons you guys bought/robbed, or trade out certain weapons for one another, along with attachments. I was expecting a much more limited ammunition, that forced you to return to the safe house to get more ammo, etc..

Sadly, this wasn't the case. In GTA V, the heists don't affect you in free-roam at all, other than your money. You can walk around with every SINGLE gun in the game, along with WAY too much ammo, or you can go into your regular homes just after you were caught robbing a super bank. It's things like this that shouldn't be in a game that was based around 'heists'.

I wouldn't be surprised if the heists Online will have a HUGE number of details that should've been in the single player, and that's the only reason why R* said the game was based around heists.

I was extremely disappointed to the heists too... I thought you can basically plan your heists from the scratch, and you can do them whenever you want. But instead, you had few missions where you chose from very few plans and decided your mates from also a very limited selection, and then followed the scripting. Yeah cool. Just as cool as any other heist mission in any other game.

• Bi0ha2ard_q8 likes this

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

It's pretty stupid you can have like 5 pistols, 5 assault rifles, 5 SMGs and 5 shotguns at a time. You never lose them, you never run out of ammo. It get's boring. I'm pretty sure that's the reason what bugged me the most in RDR and kind of broke the atmosphere. If they decided you no longer lose your weapons when you'll die or get arrested (which I dislike, but I understand most of you approve it), at least you shouldn't be able to carry more than one weapon of each class at a time. You could have a closet in your house or something where you could choose what guns to carry or buy them from Ammunations. It just get's boring to have all the guns all the time. It's like you always have a significant advantage compared to your enemies. 

Nothing is stopping you from dropping all your weapons on the ground or emptying your ammo of each gun that you don't want.

That's like saying "well you can just walk idiot" if you criticize some game's driving controls...

That's the worst analogy I've ever seen. The amount of guns you have is something you can control, the game's driving physics isn't.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

It's pretty stupid you can have like 5 pistols, 5 assault rifles, 5 SMGs and 5 shotguns at a time. You never lose them, you never run out of ammo. It get's boring. I'm pretty sure that's the reason what bugged me the most in RDR and kind of broke the atmosphere. If they decided you no longer lose your weapons when you'll die or get arrested (which I dislike, but I understand most of you approve it), at least you shouldn't be able to carry more than one weapon of each class at a time. You could have a closet in your house or something where you could choose what guns to carry or buy them from Ammunations. It just get's boring to have all the guns all the time. It's like you always have a significant advantage compared to your enemies. 

Nothing is stopping you from dropping all your weapons on the ground or emptying your ammo of each gun that you don't want.

That's like saying "well you can just walk idiot" if you criticize some game's driving controls...

That's the worst analogy I've ever seen. The amount of guns you have is something you can control, the game's driving physics isn't.

Well, you can always DRIVE SLOWER. That's just as stupid argument as is the first one replied to me. 

JCFast
  • JCFast

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

I do agree. Should have rather had the GTAIV system. Or even just limited to two weapons plus a melee weapon and two different kinds of throwables. And what annoys me even more is that if you start the game again with the DLCs, you'll have them from the start without even having to go pick them up for free in Ammunation.

I do get the "fun" part about being able to play with any guns at any moment, but if it would be safehouse+Ammunation style gun switching, there really wouldn't be too many times when you wouldn't have the weapon of your choice.

• TJGM, ten-a-penny and Mukaparska like this

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by DrAnomalous, 07 May 2014 - 03:19 PM.

I know babies would piss n moan all over the place but if the loadouts were like Max Payne it'd be great. Actually seeing your weapons holstered and only being able to carry a limited amount of firearms and ammo would make gunfights more intense because you'd be a lot more careful with your distribution of bullets. This would also make handguns more valuable because in a game like this where you can carry heaps of ammo you hardly look back at your handgun once you have an smg or assault rifle.

• Tlaneloli, ten-a-penny and matajuegos01 like this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

This again? I like being able to carry every gun and blow sh*t up at my leisure.

You want limits like that, go play f*ckin' mafia II.

• Midnightz and Sir Winthorpe Herrington like this

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

And for the record, I LOVE SAINTS ROW IV. Not kidding, not trolling, I really do.

That's all I needed to know.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

I think it'd be cool if we could use the car boot as an inventory, only able to carry 1 of each weapon but use your boot to store the rest of the guns. so if you've had enough of the m4 you could open the boot and switch it for an ak etc

• DrAnomalous likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:45 AM

My problem with the issue is that you're able to carry a f*cking RPG and minigun. I hate how you can just carry those weapons around, no big deal. I mean, I hate getting into shootouts with assholes who exclusively use the minigun or RPG because it's so OP! I mean, I would rather have it be in one of those air crates that TP Industries drops around the map.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

This isn't a new thing. We've been able to store RPGS in our pockets in every GTA. The only different thing is now we can carry all the other weapons too. Which is good, because I like having all the tools necessary to cause total anarchy ready at a moment's notice. It makes the game more fun.

• Midnightz, The Odyssey and ten-a-penny like this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

This isn't a new thing. We've been able to store RPGS in our pockets in every GTA. The only different thing is now we can carry all the other weapons too. Which is good, because I like having all the tools necessary to cause total anarchy ready at a moment's notice. It makes the game more fun.

That's not my problem, my problem is that you can die, and respawn with the RPG and stuff. It should've been like GTA IV or RDR when you die, you lose the RPG (or in RDR's case, loss of the explosive rifle). It's just an endless, mindless explosion fest.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is this really a complaint? I mean, we got bullet time when we change guns, a weapon wheel and multiple weapons in each class, are people really complaining about this just because of realism? When in the past, we are able to carry RPG's and miniguns in our pockets? I'd like to see someone say one disadvantage of this feature besides realism. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:56 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 09 May 2014 - 11:58 AM.

No it didn't. I've spent plenty of time playing both and in RDR, I can see what John's carrying. In V, I can't. 

Check what I said again - "you can carry one of each weapon type, and you can see them being carried. Similar to RDR."

P.S. You might want to avoid that triple-posting thing. 

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

No it didn't. I've spent plenty of time playing both and in RDR, I can see what John's carrying. In V, I can't. 

Check what I said again - "you can carry one of each weapon type, and you can see them being carried. Similar to RDR."

P.S. You might want to avoid that triple-posting thing. 

That's just a cosmetic thing and doesn't affect gameplay...

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by McGyver55, 09 May 2014 - 06:24 PM.

Fer crying out friggin' loud... you want realism in GTA? 

I want more guns and ammo...

This is GTA for crap's sake... nobody needs it to become a reality simulator... 

GTA= Over The Top Fun... 

They have already cut down on cheats and made the game far more linear that earlier versions...

No sir, we need more mayhem.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:42 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 09 May 2014 - 06:56 PM.

I too believe you shouldn't have tons of weapons in one time. How about this;....

--> Having a safe place (i.e a weapon "wardrobe") in your SP house/MP apartment and having the ability to put all your weapons there each by class (i.e Pistols in one class, MG's / SMG's, in another- etc)

--> You can pick from these up to 3 in each class. That'll make you able to pick up the AP Pistol + [guns of choice], MG + Combat MG + SMG, Combat Rifle + Advanced Rifle (or AK if you wish) + Carbine Rifle, all three heavy weapons, both snipers. In other words, you can have the best weapons in each class (as stated before)

--> Thrown items are endless [can have all four -Molotov + Grenade + T.G + Stickies- in the same time]

--> *[SP Only] Dropping an item somewhere will permanently make them there and won't disappear.**

Reason why this won't appeal in GTA:O is because you do can drop your weapon[s] but upon changing sessions, it'll disappear forcing you to buy another.

**Drakan: The Ancient Gates has this ability. I saved all the special weapons in one place at the Blacksmith in Surdana, and can pick them up anytime.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Is this really a complaint? I mean, we got bullet time when we change guns, a weapon wheel and multiple weapons in each class, are people really complaining about this just because of realism? When in the past, we are able to carry RPG's and miniguns in our pockets? I'd like to see someone say one disadvantage of this feature besides realism. 

There's no punishment or anything. Starting with IV, you don't lose your weapons upon death anymore, and nobody is stupid or slow enough to ever get arrested and lose their stuff, especially now with V's trigger-happy police. Players now can keep all weapons, all ammo and never really lose it. The system is too friendly/easy.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

I did a similar thread called 'having more than 1 weapon in a slot''. But I still hope this one does not get locked. 

In topic, I have mixed feelings about this in GTA V. In RDR, it was not the same, because the guns and stuff was fun, and it was classic. In GTA V, its obviously modern and stuff, and guns go full auto, and you can buy over 9000 full rounds.. It does get annoying, and it leaves out that small realisticness, where you buy all the weapons, and you rarely even need to visit Ammunation anymore (except for buying body armor). 

I too believe you shouldn't have tons of weapons in one time. How about this;....

--> Having a safe place (i.e a weapon "wardrobe") in your SP house/MP apartment and having the ability to put all your weapons there each by class (i.e Pistols in one class, MG's / SMG's, in another- etc)

--> You can pick from these up to 3 in each class. That'll make you able to pick up the AP Pistol + [guns of choice], MG + Combat MG + SMG, Combat Rifle + Advanced Rifle (or AK if you wish) + Carbine Rifle, all three heavy weapons, both snipers. In other words, you can have the best weapons in each class (as stated before)

--> Thrown items are endless [can have all four -Molotov + Grenade + T.G + Stickies- in the same time]

--> *[SP Only] Dropping an item somewhere will permanently make them there and won't disappear.**

Reason why this won't appeal in GTA:O is because you do can drop your weapon[s] but upon changing sessions, it'll disappear forcing you to buy another.

**Drakan: The Ancient Gates has this ability. I saved all the special weapons in one place at the Blacksmith in Surdana, and can pick them up anytime.

That would be amazing! I hope we see it in ''GTA VI'', if one comes out ofc

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

At least let us drop our weapons in our houses. GTA:O allows you to drop your ammo/weapon. why can't SP have this feature too?

Plus, there's alot of games that, if you dropped your weapon[s] it'll stay there forever after as long as you can return. Drakan: The Ancient Gates are a good example.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

At least let us drop our weapons in our houses. GTA:O allows you to drop your ammo/weapon. why can't SP have this feature too?

Plus, there's alot of games that, if you dropped your weapon[s] it'll stay there forever after as long as you can return. Drakan: The Ancient Gates are a good example.

If you haven't realised:

MP: Gets 99%. of new stuff.

SP: Gets 1%. of new stuff.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

There's no punishment or anything. Starting with IV, you don't lose your weapons upon death anymore, and nobody is stupid or slow enough to ever get arrested and lose their stuff, especially now with V's trigger-happy police. Players now can keep all weapons, all ammo and never really lose it. The system is too friendly/easy.

That's an improvement to me, but whatever. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users