Quantcast

» «
Photo

You shouldn't be able to carry all the weapons...

114 replies to this topic
Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

It's pretty stupid you can have like 5 pistols, 5 assault rifles, 5 SMGs and 5 shotguns at a time. You never lose them, you never run out of ammo. It get's boring. I'm pretty sure that's the reason what bugged me the most in RDR and kind of broke the atmosphere. If they decided you no longer lose your weapons when you'll die or get arrested (which I dislike, but I understand most of you approve it), at least you shouldn't be able to carry more than one weapon of each class at a time. You could have a closet in your house or something where you could choose what guns to carry or buy them from Ammunations. It just get's boring to have all the guns all the time. It's like you always have a significant advantage compared to your enemies. 

• blackindia, B Dawg, TJGM and 7 others like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

You're pretty good! (b='_' )b=

• Members
  • Russia
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

So you want an L.A Noire/Max Payne 3 style system? 

• ivarblaauw and IDAS Leader like this

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Well, I don't know what system they have :D

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

MP3

You can carry 2 pistols, and dual wield then (or 1, if you prefer). To get an assault rifle, you have to pick it up. You can then use the pistol, and hold the long gun in your other hand.

LA noire is similar, but you can't dual wield, but you can get a shotgun/ Tommy gun from the boot/trunk of a police car. (In LA Noire, you're a cop)

• ivarblaauw, ten-a-penny and pilscy like this

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

MP3

You can carry 2 pistols, and dual wield then (or 1, if you prefer). To get an assault rifle, you have to pick it up. You can then use the pistol, and hold the long gun in your other hand.

LA noire is similar, but you can't dual wield, but you can get a shotgun/ Tommy gun from the boot/trunk of a police car. (In LA Noire, you're a cop)

Well, I think you should be able to have ONE weapon of each class. Like one SMG, one assault rifle, one pistol, like in previous GTA games.

• pentaxian likes this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

No. I prefer having all weapons. Just in case.

Voggens
  • Voggens

Detective; Castellanos

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by Voggens, 06 May 2014 - 04:52 PM.

I kinda like this feature to be honest, you don't have to find/buy the weapons you want and replace others over and over again when you can have the Rocket Launcher and the Minigun in one rampage. It's easier and helpful, but there should be an option to carry the weapons you want, and not all of them, sell them back to Ammunation like in RDR where you could sell flowers and things on the stores too.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Well, I think you should be able to have ONE weapon of each class. Like one SMG, one assault rifle, one pistol, like in previous GTA games.

One of each class? This means that you have to decide between an RPG and a minigun, and I don't like the sound of that.

I'd rather have R* keep the current GTA weapons system, as it allows me to be prepared for every situation, be it an attack helicopter or a large wave of enemies.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

One of each class? This means that you have to decide between an RPG and a minigun, and I don't like the sound of that.

I'd rather have R* keep the current GTA weapons system, as it allows me to be prepared for every situation, be it an attack helicopter or a large wave of enemies.

I see. Maybe if you could have maybe like 5 slots for any weapons you want?

CP27
  • CP27

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

They easily should have just had the option of getting rid of weapons for the people who don't like having every one in every class.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

They easily should have just had the option of getting rid of weapons for the people who don't like having every one in every class.

GTA:O does that well.

But R* can't be bothered to bring that to SP. :angry:

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

It's pretty stupid you can have like 5 pistols, 5 assault rifles, 5 SMGs and 5 shotguns at a time. You never lose them, you never run out of ammo. It get's boring.

It's a videogame! This is the way it has always been with videogames!

People used to giggle at Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, with her tiny backpack that contained an arsenal of weapons, useful keys, artefacts and a crowbar...that was 18 years ago!

But you just accept that it's part of the game; sit back, relax and enjoy.

• *MURDOC*, Midnightz, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yeah It would be awesome if they sort of only carried what they could and it showed on the avatar but then again it`s f*ck cool just blowing up sh*t with a lot of weapons.Im actually cool with it either way of the fence.

• ivarblaauw and ten-a-penny like this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by hvcciookay, 06 May 2014 - 05:37 PM.

It's pretty stupid you can have like 5 pistols, 5 assault rifles, 5 SMGs and 5 shotguns at a time. You never lose them, you never run out of ammo. It get's boring. I'm pretty sure that's the reason what bugged me the most in RDR and kind of broke the atmosphere. If they decided you no longer lose your weapons when you'll die or get arrested (which I dislike, but I understand most of you approve it), at least you shouldn't be able to carry more than one weapon of each class at a time. You could have a closet in your house or something where you could choose what guns to carry or buy them from Ammunations. It just get's boring to have all the guns all the time. It's like you always have a significant advantage compared to your enemies. 

Nothing is stopping you from dropping all your weapons on the ground or emptying your ammo of each gun that you don't want.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Nothing is stopping you from dropping all your weapons on the ground or emptying your ammo of each gun that you don't want.

That's like saying "well you can just walk idiot" if you criticize some game's driving controls...

• LilMcJohn likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 06 May 2014 - 05:47 PM.

According to GTA wiki the 90s 2D Era GTAs (GTA,London and GTA2) had less weapons to carry unlike Present Day GTAs or the 3D Era games,I love V's Weapon System and i want it to be used in Future GTAs but wouldnt it be annoying and make everyone pissed of R* did a Throwback and Reuse the 2D Era System? tbh i think the Magic Pocket (Weapon Wheel) shouldnt be Changed.Even Watch-Dogs have a Magic Pocket-Weapon System (and that a NG Game).

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

That's like saying "well you can just walk idiot" if you criticize some game's driving controls...

If that's how you feel, then that's fine. Like i said. Get busted, lose ammo for all the heavy guns and problem solved.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

yes i agree because it gets annoying swithing to a weapon i want. i do wish they had the gta online system were you can get rid of certain guns you dont need. i think it should have the gta 4 system i know alot of people hated it but i thought it was easy to get my weapons and one weapon per slot is fair. thats my 2 cents

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

I prefer the old system (VC - IV) where you could have one weapon in each class. It was nice and add element of tactic, when you have to decide is it better to take stronger pistol or faster shooting one. Carrying all the weapons is just stupid, not only because they are mostly redundant, but also it takes time to switch to the one you need at the moment. It wouldn't be as bad if we could drop unwanted gun, but no R* had to do limit it only to GTAO.

• Miamivicecity, nobum62 and TheBigMish96 like this

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

I really hope they keep this system for future GTAs adds a lot more gameplay options, and is heaps more fun
  • Midnightz likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by TJGM, 06 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Before this game released, I was SO hoping for such an immersive experience with things like this.

When I heard the game was based around heists (when it really isn't), I got so stoked. I was expecting the team to have a safe house, where you could store weapons you guys bought/robbed, or trade out certain weapons for one another, along with attachments. I was expecting a much more limited ammunition, that forced you to return to the safe house to get more ammo, etc..

Sadly, this wasn't the case. In GTA V, the heists don't affect you in free-roam at all, other than your money. You can walk around with every SINGLE gun in the game, along with WAY too much ammo, or you can go into your regular homes just after you were caught robbing a super bank. It's things like this that shouldn't be in a game that was based around 'heists'.

I wouldn't be surprised if the heists Online will have a HUGE number of details that should've been in the single player, and that's the only reason why R* said the game was based around heists.
  • Mukaparska and nobum62 like this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

I agree, it's way too easy. There's enough Ammunation's around the map to swap weapons.

To everyone saying 'use up all the ammo' that means I wouldn't be able to use anything from that category, because ammo is for the category, not the individual gun.

Should of just gave us the option to drop weapons.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

According to GTA wiki the 90s 2D Era GTAs (GTA,London and GTA2) had less weapons to carry unlike Present Day GTAs or the 3D Era games,I love V's Weapon System and i want it to be used in Future GTAs but wouldnt it be annoying and make everyone pissed of R* did a Throwback and Reuse the 2D Era System? tbh i think the Magic Pocket (Weapon Wheel) shouldnt be Changed.Even Watch-Dogs have a Magic Pocket-Weapon System (and that a NG Game).

What?

I couldn't understand 90% of your post. 

I agree on keeping the weapon wheel as it is. This is a video game, it doesn't have to be 100% realistic.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 06 May 2014 - 06:13 PM.

It definitely makes things easier and I can see what people like about that, but I had much more fun with MP3's system. The way GTA V has it might be better for an open world game though. 

What I really hoped for, was a combination of LA Noire and MP3. The ability to carry a certain amount on your body, the ability to keep more in your vehicle, and GTA V could've added other aspects like using bags/cases to carry more, and something like this for the safehouses...

gunsafe1.jpg

• blackindia, ViceCityStalker and evd like this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 06 May 2014 - 06:17 PM.

I donno guys, having all weapons for "conveinience" is kinda baby bitch mode :/

Seriously though, to make an actual case, It is pointless having every weapon anyway. The game scales access to the guns so weaker guns become obsolete. All weapon classes have that advanced level of that gun that makes the others only get in the way when cycling through weapons. The only unique case is the minigun and rpg. A good reason to have a 1 gun limit per class is to make your arsenal more strategic and organized.

On another note I miss finding unique weapons and armor everywhere but still hidden around the city, that practically gone now. Making us work for lesser weapons like a normal shotgun would add a little worth and novelty to weaker weapons. That is the days of IV and back though, gtav is more of an action movie where we need the opportunity to make everything over the top, thats just how it is.

..The biggest point I wanted to make though is all we want are the advanced weapons anyway, 

• Tlaneloli and chaosbug45 like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

They should at least give us the ability to drop weapons.  I hate having to cycle through the choices when I'm driving.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

If I could drop weapons, I'd drop like 3/4 pistols. There are just way too many

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

I LOVE THIS FEATURE AND I HOPE THEY KEEP IT!!!

If I could drop weapons in SP, that would be cool. But I'd rather the game just saves my preferences. If I carefully selected my favorite weapons to use, remember my choices. This would make it perfect and shut a lot of people up.

• archiebunker likes this

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

Yeah it would be nice to add more realism to GTA V, at times it feels childish

• Tlaneloli and Mukaparska like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Except ya know, Single Player. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users