...::[The Footy Desk]::...

33,652 replies to this topic
Bare
  • Bare

mass debater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

very smart move by city to pay the fa to have pogba suspended for the derby. they have a chance of getting a draw now.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

:lol:

That was an easy Red Card and any ref worth their salt would have given that.  Beside Pogba's a idiot, after going on record as saying he would like City players to get injured so other teams (or rather United) will have a chance.

That kind of statement I could understand coming from a fan, albeit it would still be boneheaded, or said in jest with no intent or malice behind it.  But if you're a professional footballer, you really shouldn't be saying things like that.  I wouldn't be surprised if the FA take action over those comments as they are not welcome in football.

The silver (or should that be Silva) lining for Pogba is that as he should miss the derby, he should think himself lucky, or else he could have been on the receiving end of some karma.

Bare
  • Bare

mass debater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

it was indeed a red card but u never give a red card to pogba no matter what he does and especially not before the derby

what karma could he have been on the receiving end of if he played though? city players and their manager are pussies what do u think they would do to pogba at old trafford? :lol:

i have no problem with the comments he made because unlike other rivals like arsenal, liverpool etc. city dont deserve any respect so i dont mind if he wishes injury upon their players.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by Jason, 10 December 2017 - 09:32 PM.

Well that's the Premier League over and done with then. I'd be way less annoyed if we lost to City's great football, but we lost to two scrappy, scrappy goals that were easily avoidable and were the fault of a player who probably just had the worst game of his career, definitely in a United shirt - Romelu Lukaku. I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt recently because he hasn't been getting service but that rope's ran out, his hold up is poor, he doesn't get him self involved and his aerial ability outside the box is so bad that players half his size easily beat him in the air.

At least pretty much everybody else dropped points so second place is still comfortable but it's going to be a long season now. :/

Sauce béarnaise
  • Sauce béarnaise

Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:54 AM

Don't worry Man Utd will win the Champions League against PSG  ;)

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

Wow, the CL draw gave us some exciting match-ups. Disappointed that Real Madrid vs PSG will happen now because I was hoping PSG would encounter Barcelona at some point and I'd obviously preferred an easier draw as a Madrid fan. But I'm confident we can make it past, specially if the team picks up their form in February like they did last season. Chelsea vs Barcelona is pretty much guaranteed to be a hell of a game too. Although I don't know how well this Chelsea team will hold up as the old guards that always gave Barcelona a hard time are gone (Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba etc). Still, excited to see what Hazard offers. Juventus vs Tottenham is also sure to be exciting.

Juventus vs Tottenham

Basel vs Man City

Porto vs Liverpool

Sevilla vs Man Utd

Real Madrid vs PSG

Shakhtar vs Roma

Chelsea vs Barcelona

Bayern vs Besiktas

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

I'll take Basel, as it could have been worse.  And I'll take Real Madrid v PSG, now as it will help prune one of them.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

Of course Barca still have the best player in the world, but it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea gave them a serious beating. Barca is far past their prime, and in decline.

Tottenham can also beat Juventus. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

Can't moan at the draw as a United fan, it could have been much more difficult. Some amazing ties to watch as a neutral as well.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

title race will be over in early march at this rate, meanwhile wolves are teabagging the championship

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wolves are going to do very well in the Premier League if they continue to play like they have in the Championship.

Bare
  • Bare

mass debater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 2 weeks ago

title race is over already. after 10 years of oil these sad c*nts finally managed to ruin football, well done. at least the world cup is almost here im looking forward to that.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Got any more of that salt, the roads here need gritting.

Tough game today, lame penalty decision but excellent save by Ederson , missed out on leveling Beyern Munich's record, but it's still not a loss.

Still concerned as De Bruyne and Jesus look in a bad way.... perhaps we could use some of that oil to buy more players, since ol' grumpy chops Jose, thinks that's all we do (a whiff of pot/kettle there)

• Tchuck likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jason, 2 weeks ago.

KDB got back on his feet in the end apparently. Season's kinda collapsed a bit for United ever since the derby, players feel like they've lost a bit of ruthlessness. I don't think the 4231 particularly suits us either, we've looked far better and more fluid when we play 523/5212, with those setups our wingbacks (who are actually wingers) provide far better width than Martial/Rash/Mata.

Hoping United buy in Jan but after Mou's comments when asked means it's probably unlikely. Long second half of the season ahead, me thinks.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

The City fan in me says keep hold of Jose as he's holding you back and will may United poor in the long run as his heart will never be in the job at Old Trafford as it's still stuck in Stamford Bridge. 

The neutral in me is saying get rid of him he's too negative and get someone who'll take you forward or restore that United style of old.

The realist in me says, it will never be like what it was again at United whilst the shadow of Fergie is still looming large over the club and any manager from here on out for next decade or so will be compared to him or his record.

That same realist is also being fearful for the future at City as it's difficult to see, if we continue on this style of play were on right now, who could replace Pep, and we'll end up in that same hangover period that United have been in, and Liverpool were in during the 90s, following their 80s successes.  The optimist however, knows we'll be alright cause even if we end up getting relegated we'd still see the funny side of it, and wouldn't give a crap about away days to Burton Albion.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jason, 2 weeks ago.

I think United's problems stem deeper than Mourinho, his antics and his style of play. For all the memes and jokes about his comments about spending, he actually does have a point. Fergie left a squad at the end of it's run, that's pretty widely accepted and instead of rebuilding there and then Moyes simply bought Fellaini, who isn't really good enough (even though I do love him at times) and Mata who has quality but is being played out of position and in a style that doesn't suit him. Then LVG came in and apart from Herrera basically brought in a load of players who were not only not good enough for us but have been flops anyway, Di Maria was our record signing at the time and left a year later. He also sold Welbeck, Kagawa, Hernandez and Evans. Neither manager replaced a single player from Fergie's end of the line squad, instead we sold a bunch of players who were still good and young enough and replaced them with either no one or players who are average at best.

Mourinho's task has been to get rid of the dead wood, replace them with top quality players and challenge for titles all at the exact same time. Now we're Man United, so it can be hard to sympathise and we don't really deserve it but our situation at the moment isn't Mourinho's fault, it's the boards, Woodwards, Moyes' and LVG's for making a right hash of it and letting it get this bad. Out of all Mourinho's signings only Mkhi has been a flop, he's done well with the money he's spent and he won two (or three) trophies in his first year and led a title challenge in his second but fell short cause City who have a much better squad have been playing at a level the league has never seen.

I don't know what I want from him and the club going forward personally. I think he's the best available now and even in the summer, I think sacking managers and buying ones with different styles means we end up with a squad made up of players who suit different styles. It's a mess, for all our money and history we're being ran like sh*t when it comes to long term transfer plans at the moment. There's an argument for a director of football that gets thrown around quite a bit and I've never quite liked that idea but we need to really flex our muscle sensibly in one of the next two summers if we actually want to compete with the very best as quickly as possible.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wouldn't put too much blame on Moyes, because whoever took over from Fergie took on a poison chalice and they were never going to be given time.  You could have resurrected Cloughie and put him charge, and he still would have been sacked in the same amount of time Moyes was.

As for your current crop, from what I've seen Mkhi is or can be a really good player, I get the feeling from reports I've read and what other United fans have been saying, is that he's not getting played right, or rather he's not been given the freedom to play how he should be able to play.  Now whether that's a management issue or adaptation issue (much like it took Sane at City a year to get going), and he may come good next year or not at all considering Jose style, is anyone's guess.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's a fair point on Moyes. It was always a difficult ask, but we were reported by reliable United journos at the time to be in for.. Kroos was it? Him, or Thiago, one of the two. Moyes was apparently the one who cut the deal as he didn't fit in his plans. Toni f*cking Kroos lol. Woodward was to blame in that window as well to be fair, he didn't have David Gill's experience at transfers and it showed, we blindly went after Fabregas when it was never, ever going to happen. LVG's attempts at Sergio Ramos as well were bonkers and only embarrassed the club. We're still paying for the lack of activity in that Moyes window more than any other transfer window since IMO. It was one of the very few times where top quality players were available.

As for Mkhi, he started really well then Pogba got injured and his form dropped, a lot of fans don't think that was a coincidence. But for whatever reason he never regained his form, he was given a long run at the start of the season though, playing probably 4 or 5 games more than he deserved due to how badly is form dropped. He's primarily played in the number 10 role (couple of left and right wing appearances) as well which is where he's best, with freedom to do what he wants, most of his bad performances are squarely on his shoulders IMO, not Mourinho's. He just goes missing completely and doesn't look up for physical battles, his best performances tend to come in Europe where he perhaps gets more time and it's less physical than the Premier League.

But yea, the clubs paying for poor transfer windows, needs to spend big bucks because we wasted big bucks on average players. Teams been in a slump since the derby loss. It's all gone a bit Pete Tong for United and Mou being the sore loser that he is is just adding fuel to the fire.

Bare
  • Bare

mass debater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 2 weeks ago

they HAVE to keep mourinho hes always been my favorite manager even when sir alex was still around. hes just so cool and wise i dont understand how anyone can hate him.

united's main problem is the defence, i saw a stat before the southampton game that said this is the only season in mourinho's premier league career where his team has averaged 2+ goals a game so the attack is fine. 

de gea and bailly are the only good players at the back. smalling, jones and rojo are all garbage even though they have a few decent games every now and then. and lindelof is even worse he may come good eventually but so far he has been a terrible signing. i dont know whether its mourinho's or ed woodward's fault that they havent signed some better defenders but clearly they need to. also i think one more cm is needed to help matic and pogba.

this is not mourinho's fault though, he is doing his best with the team he has at his disposal. i dont believe any other manager would be doing better with this squad. yes he has some good players, most of which weren't here before mourinho came so we have him to thank for that, but there are still far too many average players in the squad.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 5 days ago

Liverpool 4 : 3 Manchester City, what a game! Coutinho who? There goes City's unbeaten run.

Alexis Sanchez closer to Manchester United. Hopefully, just hopefully, Wenger will take the money and invest into what needs investing. Gunners have been an embarrassment this year.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Eutyphro, 4 days ago.

de gea and bailly are the only good players at the back. smalling, jones and rojo are all garbage even though they have a few decent games every now and then. and lindelof is even worse

Jones is oke. He's not too bad. For the long term they have Fosu-Mensah.

but there are still far too many average players in the squad.

They should get Özil, or Mahrez, or both. They need someone who creates a lot of assists.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 4 days ago

I'm kinda mixed on the Sanchez situation, he'd be a nice addition to City, but his agent is asking for far too much, which is why apparently City have dropped their interests.  If United go for him, and are reportedly lining up a package worth more than what City offered in the summer of £60m; it would kinda fly in the face of Jose moaning about City spending money on players just cause they can.

Wherever he ends up, the ones who ultimately miss out are Arsenal, cause they had the chance to sell him the Summer for good money, and they didn't do it.  There also appear to be letting Ozil, Wilshere and Carzola  run out there contracts in the summer and could lose out on money them as well.  If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be fizzing with the lack of foresight that they've had in the transfer market and contracts.

• Tchuck likes this

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

I'm kinda mixed on the Sanchez situation, he'd be a nice addition to City, but his agent is asking for far too much, which is why apparently City have dropped their interests.  If United go for him, and are reportedly lining up a package worth more than what City offered in the summer of £60m; it would kinda fly in the face of Jose moaning about City spending money on players just cause they can.

Wherever he ends up, the ones who ultimately miss out are Arsenal, cause they had the chance to sell him the Summer for good money, and they didn't do it.  There also appear to be letting Ozil, Wilshere and Carzola  run out there contracts in the summer and could lose out on money them as well.  If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be fizzing with the lack of foresight that they've had in the transfer market and contracts.

Been watching Arsenal fans all season boiling over at Wenger. It's amusing as I don't particularly like Arsene or Pat Rice either but they've forgotten what he's done for that club and I'm intrigued as to just who they think they will attract right now and exactly what they could offer over a manager who knows their club inside and out and is one of the top managers in the world whether I like him or not.

Saying that I'll take Sanchez if Mourinho can pull it off and no mistake. It could start a domino effect seeing Ozil maybe make the move north too due to his links with Sanchez atm. How Wenger can let their contracts run down is a mystery though. Not a clue why he's allowed that to happen. United need that injection, City have adequate cover in every area of players who are collectively buying into Peps philosophy and being a united fan it's painful to see but as a football purist however, It's f*cking fantastic and I applaud their recent form.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users