Photo

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

33,609 replies to this topic
Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:12 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 09 March 2017 - 02:17 PM.

And even if we are knocked out later one we still have the best ever comeback and you can't take that away from us. 

Ah, I see. You are a fanboy. But let's be real here. Let's judge the goals. Of the two penalties the second one was clear diving, and the first one shouldn't have been a penalty either as Tchuck pointed out. So one third of the 'comeback' was just bad refereeing. Then there was also an own goal, and a messy goal by Suarez, which is all part of the game. Neymar's free kick en Sergi's goal were actually nice.

But you can't call a result determined by refereeing errors and diving 'the greatest comeback' except if you are a deluded fanboy. I remember Deportivo against AC Milan, that was a real comeback. This was actually a total disgrace. I can't wait for video refereeing to stop these kinds of disgraceful refereeing errors.

And that Ramos goal you mentioned, he was like one inch offside and didn´t even touch the ball..

• Tchuck likes this

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

if you like anime, you're an insecure tasty-ass fruit

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

I'm a Liverpool fan and I am laughing at our fans who are saying our comeback was better. Barcelona's is less memorable but it's basically Istanbul (size) + Munich (last minute frenzy), it's scary. The PSG team deserve to walk all the way back to Paris instead of taking a plane. Bunch of idiots.

PSG raping Barca was better than any Valentine's Day present imaginable! Such an awesome performance by them.

ok.

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:04 PM Edited by Orange Juice, 09 March 2017 - 04:16 PM.

See, I thought this one was the right decision from the ref. Don't get me wrong, it's an unfortunate slip from the defender and Neymar makes a meal of it, but he's under no obligation to go round the defender - he's simply taking the most direct route to the ball. Going around the falling defender, or even jumping over him, puts him at a disadvantage by allowing the other defenders that extra split second to react to him. This is all happening in the blink of an eye too - he hardly has the benefit of a slow-mo replay to figure out how to avoid the defender. I'd be absolutely foaming if the ref didn't give a penalty if that happened to a Newcastle player.

es to FC Barcelona and Real Madrid oh boy. It's always the same story.

All that said, the Suarez penalty decision was embarrassing. He should be ashamed of himself but, given his previous antics and the outcome of the game, I doubt he is. It's a shame there won't be any retroactive punishment for him. It's also a shame such a remarkable result has to be tarnished by that too - a fantastic game to watch as a neutral, but that definitely mars it significantly.

Still, PSG shat the bed with such force they blew a hole through the mattress. Does anyone think, given the reactionary nature of a lot of clubs, this might cost Emery his job? Not necessarily saying it should do - people were singing his praises after the first leg, afterall, which was equally reactionary. They're still in the hunt for all three domestic trophies, but it's really Champions League success they're after and why they opted for Emery too. They did give Blanc quite a while, from what I recall, so maybe not.

I'll bring the rules of the game into this.

The following conditions must be met for an offense to be considered a foul:
-it must be committed by a player -> This point is very debatable. If the defender had willingly thrown himself at Neymar, causing him to lose balance and fall on the ground, then no question about it. However, as the replay shows, Neymar was the one running into the player and diving on the ground. He had a view of the action, he could see the player falling and, if he wanted, he could have ran around him. He's fast enough for it.
-it must occur on the field of player(True)
-it must occur while the ball is in play(True)

But let's go with it. Now the fouls are divided into two groups: Six and Four.
This type of foul falls in the group of Six, which are:
-Kick or attempt to kick an opponent (N/A)
-Trip or attempt to trip an opponent
Jump at an opponent (N/A)
Charge an opponent (N/A)
Strike or attempt to strike an opponent (N/A)
-Push an opponent (N/A)

Very well. Tripping or attempting to trip an opponent can be grounds for a foul.. However, the point of the group of Six is that the referee must look at how the challenge happened, not the action itself.
For this, he looks for three different characteristics: Carelessness, Recklessness, Excessive force
-Careless means the player shown a lack of attention or consideration when making his challenge. Was the defender careless in this case? I don't think so. He simply lost balance and fell down after the pass from Neymar. He tries to keep himself on his legs but loses balance and falls. He wasn't even making a challenge at Neymar, at least not yet. So we can safely rule this out.
-Reckless means he acted with complete disregard for the wellbeing of his ponent. Was he reckless? I don't think so. He doesn't aim at attacking Neymar. He simple is trying to run towards the ball, and loses balance. Had he aimed his fall towards Neymar, or directly on Neymar's path, then he would have been reckless. But he wasn't. So we can safely rule this out.
-Excessive Force is pretty self explanatory; exceeding the use of force when challenging a player. Clearly there's no excessive force going on here.

So for all those reasons, this likely couldn't be considered a foul. At lest, not one that warranted a penalty (or a direct free kick).

But what about impeding the progress of a player?
Glad you asked. What do the rules say about impeding the progress of a player?

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either.

Emphasis mine. Clearly the block was within playing distance of both; in fact, Neymar was already moving to pass through the defender's side, and he had the speed to overtake him easily. If he had stepped up his pace a bit more, which he could, he would have easily passed by him and received the ball in awesome condition. But he didn't. He slowed down, because he saw the defender on the ground, and timed his step perfectly to be able trip on him and claim the penalty. Look at his left foot almost stepping on the defender's hand, look at him raising his hands in the air getting ready to drop down and show that "he didn't push the defender". All telltale signs of someone who was intending on milking this golden egg as much as he could.

But even then, all of this foul would have to rely on the fact that the defender intentionally jumped on Neymar's way. And, from the video evidence, he didn't. He fell down. Players fall down and hit other players all the time. 99% of the time, the play goes on. It's a contact sport after all. But it didn't, in this case. Because Neymar is a diving little bitch.

So there you go. By the rules of the game, there was no foul, no infraction, therefore no penalty. I can understand the referee being in a bad position, errors happen. We have the replays to look at and understand.

But if this doesn't make a strong case for the use of video when settling these sorts of decisions, I don't know what will.

To me, it is careless though. He's caught off-balance trying to change direction and falls over, unintentionally tripping Neymar in the process. You don't see the defender's actions as careless, but last night's officials clearly did. It's unfortunate, but it can be both unintentional and careless. I may be wrong, but I can't see any reference in the rules you linked as to whether or not the foul or infraction has to be intentional or not. Unfortunately, there's still some leeway for a referee to interpret the rules differently from one another.

I think the benefits of slow-motion replays to people watching at home can blind them to the split-second nature of these things too. The referee doesn't have that benefit, neither does Neymar himself.

This game won't be remembered as the greatest comeback ever because of one mistake of an easy penalty? Give me a break. Everybody is talking about the incredible performance of Barcelona to come back from that 0-4 today, let alone in a few years, when only the frustrated Real Madrid fans will moan about that penalty yet they forget the offside goal in the 2016 final which was a decisive goal that denied Atletico the trophy, not a 5th out of 6 goals in a comeback, when a team leads 4-0 and are even given excuses that they lost that lead. The first penalty was quite obvious, I don't know why you even question that, the second one was a dive. But before that Neymar also had one penalty that wasn't granted in the first half.

And as I said, moaning about 1 wrong goal when you score 5 and still can't qualify is embarrassing, not to say humiliating.

It's funny though how PSG themselves didn't talk about the penalty at all, but only Real Madrid frustrates fans do. :)

And even if we are knocked out later one we still have the best ever comeback and you can't take that away from us. 

Where does Madrid even come into this? Can you not talk about Barca's faults and cheating without resorting to "what about Madrid!"? I don't even particularly care for Madrid one way or the other, but it's not exactly your best argument.

Also, "moaning about 1 goal when you score 5" - that one goal was the difference between Barca going through or not, I fail to see how people complaining about it is "embarrassing". Take that Suarez dive and subsequent Neymar pen away, and Barca fall just short of a remarkable comeback - they're only through because of it. Of course it taints the overall outcome. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fantastic achievement and the dive will probably fade from memory long before the result itself does, but to brush it off as just one inconsequential goal is daft.

• Tchuck, Flesh-n-Bone and Doc Rikowski like this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Sad to realize how shameful matches like Barça vs PSG still happen in CL.

They're killing this game with this nonsense.

And it's sad to see amazing players like Suarez and Neymar having to resort to acting to achieve a result.

If I were a Barça fan I would simply be ashamed of my team.

Winning like this has no sport value at all.

Best comeback will always be Liverpool vs Milan cause that was a final.

• Tchuck, Flesh-n-Bone, Ezekiel and 1 other like this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

“We are only halfway through the tie,” he said. “There are 95 minutes left and lots of things can happen.

“I go into the game with a positive mood. We have to do everything really well, both in defence and in attack. PSG are a really good side.

“Of course, lots of things have happened since the first leg. We have improved and have put in some good performances. We are optimistic by nature and convinced of what we can do. We will try to make the most of the favourable circumstances.

“If a team can score four times against us, we can score six times against them. We have seen that before this season. We have nothing to lose.

^^ That was from a press conference on Tuesday /tinfoil'd

I didn't see the match as I chose to put my self to sleep watching City and Stoke have a walk around east Manchester... But the greatest comeback?!?... try being 2-0 with 90 minutes on the clock, knowing that if you lose then the club could well go bankrupt, because they wouldn't be able to financially survive, or do what Rangers have recently done and be forced to end up in the non-league starting from the bottom, and possibly go part time.  Thanks to Kevin Horlock, Paul Dickov and Nicky Weaver... I think City topped that in 1999.

... oh and then 13 years later, up pops Dzeko and Agureoooooo.

• Orange Juice likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:36 AM Edited by Tchuck, 10 March 2017 - 01:44 AM.

Mascherano admits to penalty on Di Maria

I mean sh*t, that was a much more blatant penalty than Neymar's or Suarez's. But yeah, blaugrana, so no offense done.

And best comeback ever, don't make me laugh. Barca was dead when PSG scored their goal. Completely and utterly defeated in the field. PSG's strikers were careless and should have taken their chances, but didn't. 

Then lady luck smiled with Neymar's superb freekick. And then, of course, with a little help from their 12th man in an utterly ridiculous call, got their glimmer of hope into extra time. Had that penalty not existed, Barca would have been dead.

Best comeback ever, for me, was the 2000 final of the Copa Mercosul between Palmeiras and Vasco. Palmeiras was a machine, started 3-0 in the first half. Completely obliterating Vasco. But Vasco had Romario, who scored 3 goals, including the match winner, and helped Vasco to a historic 4-3 comeback. With a man down shortly before the 3rd goal too. On Palmeiras' grounds even! 

Or heck, even in Barca terms, I remember the 3-2 comeback against Valencia in 2001. Rivaldo was completely on fire and scored three goals, with the most perfect bicycle kick cementing the win. That's a true comeback.

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:04 AM Edited by Orange Juice, 10 March 2017 - 05:02 AM.

@Crokey: Was that the Gillingham playoff game? For some reason I remember listening to that in the car when I was but a lad, think we pulled up into the driveway after a day out and me and my dad sat and listened to the end of it. Nicky Weaver! A name I hadn't heard in a long time.

@Tchuck: Love hearing about Brazilian football, but I can never get my head around the structure and format of all the leagues and cups - national championships, state championships. I looked up that Copa Mercosul you mentioned and some years the finals were played over three legs!? Madness, I tell you!

As for choosing my favourite comeback, as a Newcastle fan, the 4-4 against Arsenal a few season back comes to mind where we came back from 4-0 down at half-time but it was a bit of an inconsequential league game. For me, this one will always be my favourite "comeback" - if it really qualifies as one - the whole group stage was a comeback. After losing the opening three games away at Kiev, at home to Feyenoord, then away at Juve, we needed as many points as we could muster to even be in with a chance of progressing. We scraped a 1-0 win in the home tie vs. Juve (I sat in the Leazes End, if I remember right, behind the goal where Andy Griffin scored the winner, or rather Buffon turned in his cross. I hear Buffon still has nightmares about Wor Andy most nights, wets the bed sometimes), then came from behind to beat Kiev at home, then saved the best until last.

We had to beat Feyenoord and hope Juventus beat Dynamo Kiev in order to get through to the next round of the Champions League (they had a weird two rounds of group stages back then for a bit), and we just about managed it in the most Newcastle fashion possible. I think we were the first - and possibly still the only - team to progress from the group stage after losing their first three games. I remember crowding around the telly with my dad, granddad and cousin to watch it.

Bloody loved that team: Shearer, Shay Given, the chiseled Mediterranean jawline also known as Nikos Dabizas, Griffin, Aaron Hughes, Andy "The Nose" O'Brien, Jenas, Dyer and Bellamy (soured on the latter three later on in their stints here but for a few seasons they were cracking). Not to mention the gone-but-not-forgotten Gary Speed (cracking player!) and Sir Bobby himself! Even Hugo Viana looked pretty decent. Olivier Bernard and Nobby Solano on the bench too.

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

@Tchuck: Love hearing about Brazilian football, but I can never get my head around the structure and format of all the leagues and cups - national championships, state championships. I looked up that Copa Mercosul you mentioned and some years the finals were played over three legs!? Madness, I tell you!

Tell me about it! We have State Leagues (up to 4 divisions each), National Leagues (all the way to 4th division as well), and national cups. There's also the Libertadores (our Champions League) and the Sulamericana (Kind of a Europa League), whose calendars and dates change every year. It's madness. In the 90s, it was much worse.

That particular Mercosul was crazy. They used a "points" system for the final. So after the two legs, both teams had 3 points, so they had to play a third final. Mental. We also tried on State leagues having a draw go into the penalties, with 1 extra point given to the victor (the loser got 1 point). Up until the early 2000s, the National League had a playoff system, where the top 8 would go to a quarter final round all the way to the final. Thankfully we're doing regular style now for the national league. Really rewards consistency.

Oh and for state leagues, once we had a "super state league" with less games because of reasons. We also had, for quite some years, a Rio-Sao Paulo league, which was challenged between teams from two states. It's a mess, much like Brazil in general! Oh and now there's a Primeira Liga cup, which was created by teams unhappy with the federation, that is contested at the same time as the state leagues. 

Also, Alan Shearer. Man that guy was a beast. I remember always signing him when playing Championship Manager!

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

@Crokey: Was that the Gillingham playoff game? For some reason I remember listening to that in the car when I was but a lad, think we pulled up into the driveway after a day out and me and my dad sat and listened to the end of it. Nicky Weaver! A name I hadn't heard in a long time.

It was indeed.  A lot of people will say that the game against QPR was the most pivotal game in City' history, but those of use who remember the 99 play off final will tell you that was the single most pivotal game we've ever had, as it's no exaggeration that City would have more than likely gone to the wall if promotion wasn't secured. 

- We would have lost a huge amount of the players, as we wouldn't have been able to pay the wages

- We wouldn't have been able to maintain Maine Road as it was beginning to fall apart, not to mention the rates and ground rental costs would have been unsustainable at that level.

- The move to the City of Manchester Stadium would have collapsed, again due to rates and rental costs. Although that would have pleased the Athletics community as the stadium wouldn't have been converted.which they would've liked as they liked the stadium as it was for the Commonwealth Games.  Although on the flip side this may have helped Manchester in the (what was then) future as the original plan for the stadium was 90,000 with a running track as the concept was first drawn up for Manchester's failed 2000 Olympics bid.  The stadium could then have been enlarged and converted for the 2012 bid and have been put forward as Britain's choice ahead of London.  However, in this alternate dystopian dimension, with City gone, a nice new stadium with a 90,000 capacity, whilst in the traditional heartland of Blue Manchester, would have been ripe pickings for that other lot to move back into Manchester again.

Basically, we would've been up the creek without a paddle, and Stockport County would have had an increase in seasons ticket sales.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:17 AM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 11 March 2017 - 01:20 AM.

Where does Madrid even come into this? Can you not talk about Barca's faults and cheating without resorting to "what about Madrid!"? I don't even particularly care for Madrid one way or the other, but it's not exactly your best argument.

It's just Barcelona fanboys have this inferiority complex where the whole world revolves around them and Real Madrid. Just read the sh*tfest that is facebook comments. Nobody can ever say anything negative about Barcelona without being a Real Madrid fan. Every time the ref favors them, their only response is "but but... something Real... something offside goal". It's ironic because just last month they were endlessly crying about how it's a conspiracy and the Spanish Football Federation is intentionally paying the referees to help Real win the league all because a couple of their million penalty shouts was denied. Even that imbecile Pique was on twitter whining about it which is funny because when a dodgy call favors them, you hear nothing from him.

This is also why I actually respect Messi and wouldn't care if pricks like Neymar or Suarez suffered career ending injuries. Messi has had his moments of cheating (the handball vs Espanyol in 2007 that thankfully didn't help them win the league) but he's removed pretty much all of it from his game and just works with his pure talent in order to win. I may hate him just for being a Barcelona player but aside from that, he's just a down to earth dude blessed with the talent and he sticks to using that. He doesn't whine like a baby in interviews or twitter and he doesn't flip 50 times every time there's a slight touch from an opposing player inside the box.

It's simply undeniable that Barcelona's historic comeback was aided with lots of help from the ref. Both penalty calls were a joke and PSG were denied multiple penalties too. First being the Mascherano handball early on (which is 50/50 because I understand he had no time to react and I don't believe simply shooting a ball at a defender's hand should be a penalty) and the second being the aforementioned foul on Di Maria (takes a man in Masche to admit that, respect for that too) which they never even bother replaying. This win may go down in history but it will be nothing more than a footnote if it doesn't produce any silverware. Just like Real Madrid's 22 win streak is meaningless due to the disastrous second half, this will be the same if they don't win - so let's come back down to earth now!

And this definitely has nothing on Liverpool's Istanbul comeback because that was a CL final. It doesn't get bigger than that.

• Tchuck likes this

Bare
  • Bare

fat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

I won't be surprised if City lose by 2 goals away from home and still go out

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:59 AM

Very happy to see Leonardo Jardim succeed. As a manager that never played professionally, or at amateur levels, he's my inspiration for a possible career change in the future.

• bananaking13 likes this

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:15 AM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 16 March 2017 - 01:18 AM.

lol @ City. I just knew Monaco would overturn it and go through on away goals. They did it with Madrid and then with Arsenal. Happy for them and was nice to see Leicester send Sevilla packing too.

Hope Bayern get Barcelona in the QF draw and give those cheating c*nts a whooping. The loss to Deportivo showed that they are indeed the weakest they have been since 2014 so I have no doubts that Bayern will beat them, specially if Robben plays (unlike 2015 when he was injured).

Would also be funny if Real get Leicester so the cries of getting the easy draws continued. Although I'm not sure if I'd want that because Leicester are fairly determined and have nothing to lose.

Bayern vs Barcelona

Real vs Leicester

Atletico vs Dortmund

Monaco vs Juventus

Something like that would be nice. Alternatively, I'd also like if Dortmund and Monaco switched places. Specially for a 97 final rematch.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Monaco is a good team and they deserve it. City is very bad tactically, which is bizarre considering Pep is coaching them.

Bare
  • Bare

fat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

City is very bad tactically, which is bizarre considering Pep is coaching them.

when-nick-young-the-basketball-player-me

Pep is the reason they're very bad tactically lmao

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, but Pep, the man who invented tiki taka, is not a bad coach tactically... In fact, he's a legend of football tactics.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Pep is doing the usual coach thing and saying it was his fault, but that match was ruined by the players lack of ability in the first half, not to do with how Pep set them up to play.

Granted Pep is still a little naive when it comes to back third of the pitch, as setting up a solid defense hasn't been his strong point, and whilst you may get away with that in Spain and Germany, you can't get away with that in England, and to a lesser degree at Champions League level, where the pace of the attack warrants having a solid defense.  Oh, and don't get me started on the goalkeeping situation.

I think during the summer we need to get the back end of the pitch sorted out as without Kompany we've been sh*te.  Time to possibly let Chilcy and Sagna go, more so Clichy as his performances this season have been no where near up to standard.  I'd keep Stones, yes he's had a couple of mare, but he's still young and as usual with football the further back the pitch you go the more mistakes are highlighted.  Kolarov should slip back to the left side, and Otamendi should keep his eyes open a bit more.

Still, we've got the FA Cup to try and win, and I'm calling it now, City v Spurs in the final, so we can get the pundits banging on about 1981 again... only this time, we'll hump Spurs... if only to shut that Garth Crooks up.

• Tchuck likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:07 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 18 March 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Pep seems to think you can play extremely attacking football and still be defensively solid by making sure you always have possession. That worked at Barca, and to an extent at Bayern, but City don't seem to be able to pull it off, and it is making them look tactically extremely naive and defensively fragile.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

What i would love for tomorrow:

Real vs Barcelona

Atletico vs Leicester

Bayern vs Dortmund

Monaco vs Juventus

• bananaking13 likes this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

I don't like the way that Leicester treated Ranieri, but I kinda hope that Leicester go all the way.  However, I'm also seeing in Leicester what happened to Leeds United all those years ago, in that they took the league by storm and got to the semis in the Champions League, then got relegated not long after and ended up in the lower leagues for a while.

But if it ends up a Madrid final again, I really hope this time round that Ahtletico hump Real.

• Orange Juice and bananaking13 like this

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

I actually wouldn't mind Atletico winning it. For all my hatred for Barcelona, I actually respect Atletico and root for them to continue staying at top level among the best clubs and they've definitely earned themselves a CL victory by now. Of course Real is my number one choice but if it'd be any other team, I'd like to see Atletico win it.

Don't want Leicester winning it just in case United also win Europa League and Liverpool get #4 in EPL and get screwed out of a CL spot. Been patiently waiting to see them rebuild into the level of 10 years ago when they were a force in CL.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

I wanna see Monaco winning it. Big fan of Jardim, and really like seeing Monaco play such an attacking football. Very entertaining stuff. 76 goals in 26 league matches is quite a thing. Also will stick it up to PSG as a bonus.

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Predictions for the CL even though it may or may not be a bit early.

Dortmund 6 - 7 Monaco on aggregate

Barcelona 3 - 1 Juventus on aggregate

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Bayern on aggregate

Leicester 3 - 3 Atletico on aggregate

As a Liverpool fan I really am no more than a neutral but Monaco, Dortmund or Leicester are three teams I really want to win the competition. It feels likely: but all of them have average defenses even though Dortmund have Bartra & Sokratis, Monaco have Glik and Leicester have... well... nobody but Fuchs? Anyway Barcelona, Real and Bayern are all still in the competition so it can all get as predicted but one of Bayern/Real is leaving and one of Barca/Juve is too. 

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:48 AM

Regarding the Champions League, I'd be happy seeing anyone who hasn't won it in the last 10 years or so win it. Atleti feel overdue a win, having come so close over the past few years, but, as tchuck says, Monaco are playing some very entertaining attacking football, so it'd be cool to see them bag it. Leicester's "fairytale" story has been a bit tainted with Ranieri's sacking (even if it was somewhat understandable), but it'd still be nice to see them pull it off. Even Dortmund or Juve would be good to see winning it, as it's been a while for both teams.

Basically I'm easily pleased, so anyone but Barca, Real, and Bayern - bit fed up of seeing them dominating Europe.

• Tchuck likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:22 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 18 March 2017 - 11:25 PM.

I really like the draw. If you would've let me rig it, I would've made it exactly like this. Leicester - Atletico is a fun match up between two teams that have a fighting mentality, Dortmund - Monaco are two fun attacking teams. And I hope Juve destroys Barca.

I'm also very happy to see Ajax go through in the Europa League. They are facing Schalke in the next round, which are beatable for them.

• Tchuck likes this

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:32 PM Edited by  dice, 29 March 2017 - 09:32 PM.

The one with the noticable bulge and now this

W5h2mnN.jpg
  • Tchuck, Crokey and Orange Juice like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

That really reminded me of Ranxerox

QSA14NZ.jpg

It's uncanny!

But yeah, it looks pretty horrible.

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:30 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 30 March 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Dahoud from Gladbach to Dortmund for like 12m €. Zorc, Mislintat et al, you are geniuses

If onl half of these boys live up to their potential, it's going to be really fun 2-4 years for a Dortmund supporterpopcorn.gif(before they end up at Bayern)

Look at that, it's like a FM dream come truerobot.gif
-?
Passlack---?---Merino---Guerreiro
-----------Weigl--Dahoud
---Mor--------Dembele-----Pulisic
----------------Isak

+ forgot some other youngsters like Bruun Larsen who are also highly rated.

Guerreiro is already class, although he seems to be injury prone. Dembele, pretty much everybody who's seen him agrees that he will be Ballon D'or contender in a few years.
Pulisic is easily the most talented US-player so far, really appreciate him.
Pretty sure those 3 will make their way. As for the others, let's see.

bananaking13
  • bananaking13

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:40 PM Edited by bananaking13, 04 April 2017 - 11:33 PM.

Dortmund keep stealing our targets, also should I pretend there's a chance we sign Lacazette or no?

Also I found this on twitter

C8GvPnNXwAMOcAu.jpg

• Tchuck, Girish and Orange Juice like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Welp, there goes Conte teaching a football lesson to Guardiola. 

What's with improvising Navas on the side instead of using Zabaleta?

Conte was smart with removing Zouma and effectively countering Sane. Guardiola relies too much on his brand of football. 

Chelsea absolutely clinical in the match.

• Eutyphro and Girish like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users