» «

Los Santos as a map mod

5 replies to this topic
  • Rob.Zombie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

Alright so the ViIV mod uses a system similar to criminal russia, removing the old LC map and adding in a new map mod.

Is there any way to install the ViIV mod as a map mod? What I mean is, modifying gta.dat and images.txt lines in order to get a part of the map to show up in game. What I tried so far, is to put all the textures of a map part inside a .img file and give the location of that in images.txt and use the existing .wpl and .ide files in gta.dat, however when I have the img lines or ipl lines installed, the game just crashes.

So could someone explain how this new system works with ViIV? I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it if it could be just installed like a map mod. This way we can still use MP and whatever else ViIV disables.

• _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

You can't do it, cause NT used some engine hacks to load his map, he broke some game limits too.

• Frank.s likes this

• Rob.Zombie

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

Afaik he didn't break the limits yet, that's why some parts of the map are not loading (for example the southern part of the docks or sth like that). He seem to have used something similar to what Criminal Russia has done. I couldn't get their map working in EFLC either. I'm hoping he'd (or someone who understands what he's done exactly) check the thread out, so he could shed some light on his method.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

• NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

MP and EFLC will be supported when the CitizenFX pre-release interim ViIV update releases.
  • buzzbass likes this

• Jestic

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by MajesticNL, 05 May 2014 - 10:37 PM.

One of the big problems we encountered with IV:LS is that the model names in GTA4 can't be more than 20 characters long. In GTA5 they pushed the limit to 30. Even having one IDE instance with 21 charecters, causes to crash the game. Another problem is that the LODs don't have any strings, just hashes (so you would only have a bunch of numbers instead of....'gta5_building_9000' or something)

So...to answer your question, if you don't want to use any scripts, you would've have to rename all models back to 20 characters or less and turn the IDE files in IV's native format.

I'ts practically undoable and a waste of your time.

• Rockstar Games™ likes this

• Rob.Zombie

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Ah I see, well that did clear things up, so thanks. I guess I'll be waiting for the CitizenFX.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users