One thing IV did better than V

36 replies to this topic
drunk mcreardy
  • drunk mcreardy

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

The story man. gta v could have all those cool graphics and extra activities like the marathons but without a deep an interesting story like niko's one it just does'nt feel like one of those games to remind

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

Gameplay wise, the driving mechanics, fighting mechanics, overall phisics, car deformations and city layout.
Story wise, better and more complex plot, deeper characters, the 'hanging out' system was better too, and ONLY ONE PROTAGONIST.
Niko's story was well written, things are better put togheter, at the right times. There is some kind of motivation on him, he is not the whinning type of man. Maybe, just maybe, V's plot could be better if they'd focus on one protagonist aswell. This story seems rushed, cant really feel attached to Trevor, Franklin, Michael ot none of the other chars.

Fluid cover and good shooting system, bigger city and great variety of vehicles is where V beats IV.
  • Jioyt 123 likes this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

Free-Aim

Free-aim in V is a pain, no matter how much I toggle the joystick sensitivity.
Drive-by as a result is even worse.

This was severely disappointing considering V came out after Max Payne 3, which I had hoped would carry on their shooting physics.
Even Red Dead Redemption had better free-aim physics than V, it's incomprehensible.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

The quality of the protagonists is what won it for me.

Cheers.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:02 AM Edited by Aaron030792, 20 June 2014 - 03:06 AM.

Funnier pedestrians.

Just earlier on I was cruising around near Northern Gardens looking for a Hakumai, when I spotted one of the Albanian(?) gang members standing around and an elderly African-American woman ambled past. The following exchange between the two had me in stitches for a minute or so.

'Your breasts are golden globos of milky goodness!'

'I guess I've still got it...'

In almost 5 years of owning this game, it's the first time I have heard that remark. 10 times funnier than the Mexican guy on GTA V who yells 'F**K ME IN THE A$$!!' at EVERYTHING...
  • Miamivicecity likes this

Andrew1980
  • Andrew1980

Rat

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Of course the story, it's far better than GAT V, and the characters are more interesting. A bunch of Italians, Chinese, and Russians, a total chaos. love it  :lol:

Moos
  • Moos

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

IV definitely has better driving mechanics. I mean, V just feels stripped down when it comes to driving physics.

In IV you really needed to learn how to drive. Practice how to take certain corners. For the hardcore players that's a good feature, but for not so much for me. I spent hours playing the game, but when playing with friends that occasionally play the game, it's just so much more fun when your friends are not constantly crashing and you actually can enjoy the mission together.

Driving in GTA III was far to easy and unrealistic, IV was a little to hard and undue, but for me V hits the sweet spot. There is a learning curve, but not to steep. Everyone can enjoy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users