Photo

Calling it quits... or not

93 replies to this topic
Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Okkay, I have to confess I fell asleep after first dozen or so sentences.

-So, do not quit your day job to become a writer, no matter what your friends say. (theyre just messing with you...)

A bit of advise: Get to the point fast, otherwise you will lose your audiences.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm new to PC gaming pls be gentle

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 06 May 2014 - 09:05 AM.

-So, do not quit your day job to become a writer, no matter what your friends say. (theyre just messing with you...)

A bit of "advise": try not having the attention span of a common squirrel.
  • Davo the Assassin, lazy. and Coin like this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

If you fell asleep after the first dozen or so sentences, then fear not, because you're not the intended audience.

And, as I have received Raavi's stamp of approval which was my master plan all along, or was it? I say 'nyah' to you sir.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Sticks-Her-Tongue-Out.

More to follow tonight.

• Davo the Assassin, Raavi and Sugar Free Nos like this

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

I use to forget sh*t all the time after a night of drinking, hence why I stopped as it use to annoy me. But I was always in control of the situation and never did anything that was against my morality like cheat on my girlfriend, start figths for no reason etc. She might of forgotten what happened the night before but I think alcohol brings out the truth in people and the fact she brought a guy back shows she really has no intention of being in a faithful relationship with you.

I think its best to cut it off while you can before you develop serious feelings for her and she breaks your heart, you could take a chance and she could change but its a big risk to take and there is nothing worse then getting your heart broke.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Go over to her house with a girl she doesnt know.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

"Try" to make things right, Then Give her an Upperdecker.

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

N7 Tested. Mother Approved.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

I like how TC came in asking for advice and only bothered responding to either the poorly thought out or nonsense posts or ones from only one of the choices. Clearly you already had your mind made up, why bother making the thread?

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:27 AM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 07 May 2014 - 12:28 AM.

I like how TC came in asking for advice and only bothered responding to either the poorly thought out or nonsense posts or ones from only one of the choices. Clearly you already had your mind made up, why bother making the thread?

You're right. You caught me out; I already had made my mind up one direction before posting this thread. Unfortunately for you, this thread has then changed my mind. And just because I don't quote someone and directly respond to them, doesn't mean I've ignored people; I actually elected to respond indirectly and generally where I felt it more appropriate. It also doesn't mean that I didn't take advice on board. 

Originally I was planning to stick it out a bit longer. It's something that I could overlook, even if I perhaps shouldn't. When it comes to women, I've never been known for making the most sound or logical decisions in my dealings with them.

Well, obviously the sister was going to defend her sibling...but I didn't think she'd be this tacky.

From personal experience, if she made it there walking, she remembers...and the fact that she's taking the "focus on what you did, not what I did to cause that behavior" is the cherry on top.
She's going to make you feel like this is all your fault (yes, even her bringing a guy to your room, that's on you)...

I wasn't expecting it simply because she has known me for so long and is aware of my history (more or less). Or perhaps because she knows, is why bodily harm was threatened, heh.

Great read, gave me a good chuckle. I can only respect your ability to make light of a bad situation (it has been shown in psychology to actually aid in rational decision-making).

My personal mantra in difficult situations is to approach them head on. I believe your plan to talk to her face-to-face is definately the best thing to do.

If she brings up the old 'too drunk to remember' excuse and I was in your shoes, I take her word at face value. My advice for the arguement is to first explain that it is the phenomenon, regardless of intentions and whether she "wasn't herself", that's the problem. Say that it's ridiculous to stop her drinking or be wth her whenever she gets drunk, and so you want someone you can trust both sober and drunk. Despite it being only one encounter, the risk is too great for what you're putting into the relationship.

I don't think she can really come up with a good comeback or guilt-trip when you be logical, honest, and straight forward like that.

We talked last night, and I took this on board when approaching discussion.

Am I the only one thinking you should've double teamed the bitch?
Worth a try anyway.

Edit: and then leave in the morning too obvs.

I've never done that, hand on heart. Maybe if I was drunk enough.. :p

Not knowing her, and purely going on your description, I would say cut your losses. You're not even into her? You gave her a chance because of past experiences, and after a minute of dating she drunkenly brought a guy to your hotel room...? I really don't see why this is even a question.

She seems like a mess. You gave her a chance and this is what happened. Good on you, but move on and try and find a girl you genuinely like? This doesn't seem worth it at all. Unless you're desperate for pussy, I see no reason to hang around. 

Cut your losses.

Yeah, not really desperate for pussy. Pretty sure I could get shipped to Antarctica next week, then not have any contact with females for the next two years and survive. Might not be easy but I could do it.

For better or worse, I usually don't cut and run at the first sign of trouble. Or the second, third or fourth... which ultimately leads to 'worse' and not 'better'.

Wouldn't you rather walk away knowing you made the right decision, than not hear her explanation and wonder what it could have been all along? 

I don't know this girl or the state of your former or new relationship with her, but she agreed to put the effort back in to giving it another go with you, went away with you etc, there could be 101 reasons why she came back with a guy. She could have been drugged / excessively drunk and he took advantage, she could have accepted a lift home knowing she was in a bad state but didn't have bad intentions (he may of, but luckily you were there when he arrived..) Or she simply could have forgotten you were at the hotel room because she didn't give a sh*t and was about to 'cheat' (are you even officially back together at this point?).

Either way, I'd rather know the explanation than ditch her from your own (or GTAForums) interpretation of a situation without knowing the information. There might be a sincere reason just as much as there might be one you don't really want to hear.

At least see what she has to say before you lose the chance to rekindle completely. A lot of stubbornness can grow on her part from you repeatedly ignoring her and not being adult enough to face her over it. There are two sides to every story. It might not be a good outcome and it could turn out you don't want to pursue it after finding out, but at least be honest enough to say so and then move on knowing you cleared the air and are better off.

Thanks Kirsty; I was perhaps being too 'chill', or passive aggressive if anything and ultimately leaving it much longer would have probably made it worse.

As I mentioned earlier, we met last night and talked. I explained the version of events that I experienced that night and how she came to wake up to Missing ICTC on the Sunday. She seemed genuinely embarrassed about it and maintained the too drunk to remember shtick, which in person was compelling enough to be believable. And promises of it not happening again were offered.

But, thanks to the advice in this thread, I elected to "cut and run". Explained to her that I just wasn't really into her like she wanted me to be, and that there was no future to be had here because that wasn't going to change. Told her that she shouldn't have to stop having a good time (regarding promises made earlier) at my expense and that there will be someone out there who will be much more suitable boyfriend material than I ever would be. She' studying to become a blood sucking parasitelawyer so she has a bright future ahead of her.

Chloe took it about as well as you could expect anyone to given the circumstances, but it could have been worse. I genuinely feel like I've made the right decision here, not just for me, but her also. Prior to making this thread, I was planning on sticking with it but sometimes you've got to get off the train a station early, instead of riding it till it derails I suppose.

Thanks everyone who participated and offered advice. 

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

It's not unfortunate for me, if you've taken the side that I have. I would call that fortunate, it means my time wasn't completely wasted.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

Haha this guy is a major tool. 

OT: You should follow your heart in all matters of the heart

• Sweets and SolidSnails like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

It's not unfortunate for me, if you've taken the side that I have. I would call that fortunate, it means my time wasn't completely wasted.

lol its not a competition try not to shed a tear if someone doesnt acknowledge or like your opinon.

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

lol its not a competition try not to shed a tear if someone doesnt acknowledge or like your opinon.

I'm sorry, your post doesn't seem to coincide with anything in my post....

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Well, I'm glad that I could have assuaged your fears never the less. It is probably at this point that we should raise our glasses to celebrate you all leading me through this where, not only I am alive, but the picture of perfect health (well, almost).

A+Toast..+To+all+of+us+poor+bastards+who

We've probably run the course here, so if a moderator wants to do the honours once all and sundry have received their complimentary pats on the back  :^:

OT: You should follow your heart in all matters of the heart

I did that once... cricket in GTA Online... foolish I was back then... :p

• SolidSnails and IVIechanomics like this

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

I must say. 

That sucks. 

My gf and I have been together 3 years. 

I've overlooked many things she has done. 

Nothing like bring a guy back to the hotel. 

But pretty damn close. 

At least she keeps it at arms length ( god i hate saying that) but on the other hand. Through persistence and time. She's since realized her trashy clubbing ways have to come to an end if she wants to deserve the Love of a genuine guy. 

I honestly might have done the same ( hang back and play games) 

But letting it simmer for a few days and her reaction says it all. 

If this is the girl you say youve loved and lost.   Than work it out. 

If this is that other chick you mentioned. Than who gives a fak. 

Love is endearing and accepting of all flaws and issues. 

If you guys reallly have a good thing. Than your love will prevail in the end. 

But def be wary and cautious when she goes out and then blows you off anytime you want to check in on her. 

The Trust was ruined. 

But i don't think the Relationship was. 

Either way good read!  I can relate. 

• Coin likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

Holy-f*cking-sh*t.gif

How on earth do people tolerate each other for that long???

• Mr.Scratch, a20characterusername and Coin like this

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:21 AM Edited by Odyseous2040, 07 May 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Hey that looks just like her!!! 

Holy-f*cking-sh*t.gif

How on earth do people tolerate each other for that long???

Anyway on topic. 

IIts a love hate relationship. 

We are yin and yang. 

Its possible to stand each other that long. But just Barely lol 

Her and i are oppisite personalities. But have the same Lifestyle.  

We both are the runts and outkasts of our families. 

We both smoke ganja AND Play GTAO 

We Love and we hate each other. We are nothing alike But Have SO much in common. 

Lol its weird. 

We've been through ALOT together and have put each other through EVERYTHING!!! 

But we cant help it. 

We fcken love each other. 

We read each others minds and telepathically communicate. 

Like no fcken lie

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Morals seem to be lacking for GTA players, not a good thing. Stand up, be a man, respectible

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

Morals seem to be lacking for GTA players, not a good thing. Stand up, be a man, respectible

Elaborate.

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

I swear to god if thats brenda song...

Thats my gfs cousin in RL 

And ill f*cking hate you forver. 

Please dont tell me thats brenda song omfg

Anyway on topic. 

We are yin and yang. 

No, it's Grace Park from a TV show called "Hawaii-Five-O".
Who's Brenda Song?

I could never last that long...most I did was 11 months & I was starting to get self-loathing...and then when my ex proposed, I (to coin Coin [he-he] from his OP) got the motherf*cking f*ck out of dodge.

The idea of it...God no.

Congrats for you though...if you're happy & it does you good you have my awe, envy & more awe....

• Coin and Odyseous2040 like this

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

I swear to god if thats brenda song...

Thats my gfs cousin in RL 

And ill f*cking hate you forver. 

Please dont tell me thats brenda song omfg

Anyway on topic. 

We are yin and yang. 

Who's Brenda Song?

I could never last that long...most I did was 11 months & I was starting to get self-loathing...and then when my ex proposed, I (to coin Coin [he-he] from his OP) got the motherf*cking f*ck out of dodge.

The idea of it...God no.

Congrats for you though...if you're happy & it does you good you have my awe, envy & more awe....

I've been in one for almost 9 years and there are many times where I have no idea how.

• Coin and Odyseous2040 like this

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

Yup^^ Thank God For GTAO!! lol 

No idea how but as they say. And you should know this mr MAGNETS!! 

Opposites attract.. 

Although in your case they literally dont. 

but i can assure you Ive disproved that theory!

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

I must say. 

That sucks. 

I've overlooked many things she has done. 

Nothing like bring a guy back to the hotel. 

But pretty damn close. 

At least she keeps it at arms length ( god i hate saying that) but on the other hand. Through persistence and time. She's since realized her trashy clubbing ways have to come to an end if she wants to deserve the Love of a genuine guy. 

I honestly might have done the same ( hang back and play games) 

But letting it simmer for a few days and her reaction says it all. 

If this is the girl you say youve loved and lost.   Than work it out. 

If this is that other chick you mentioned. Than who gives a fak. 

Love is endearing and accepting of all flaws and issues. 

If you guys reallly have a good thing. Than your love will prevail in the end. 

But def be wary and cautious when she goes out and then blows you off anytime you want to check in on her. 

The Trust was ruined. 

But i don't think the Relationship was. 

Either way good read!  I can relate. 

Welcome to the party! Glad that your own situation seems to be working itself out for the better.

I've been in one for almost 9 years and there are many times where I have no idea how.

:^:

Who's Brenda Song?

The idea of it...God no.

Ahh, so I'm not the only one that hasn't managed a year yet. My best effort is about 7 months.. 

I also have a relationship to my name that literally lasted 24 hours. High school though, that was, so that might not count.

• Xyn likes this

IVIechanomics
  • IVIechanomics

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

I also have a relationship to my name that literally lasted 24 hours. High school though, that was, so that might not count.

Yep, I've been there. One of those girls that was nice before I agreed to date her then had a Jekyll and Hyde situation happen almost immediately after.

• Coin likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Ex gfs brother tried to stab me that was a big motivator among other things...... i too know the struggle
  • IVIechanomics likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Ahh, so I'm not the only one that hasn't managed a year yet. My best effort is about 7 months.. 

I had one that lasted 30 minutes...
In a nightclub...half wasted....one turns around to see the other already making out with someone else.

Nope, you're not alone, welcome to the club; grab a beanie cushion & serve yourself a margarita...

• Mr.Scratch, Coin and IVIechanomics like this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

That's the slowest speed date known to man, I'll have a mojito though. One month is the shortest I've had...so far

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

That's the slowest speed date known to man, I'll have a mojito though. One month is the shortest I've had...so far

Ah, a man with acute taste...

*serves mojito*

No more beanie cushions though...

A month is short to you? You one of those long-term, emotionally invested nice guys too?

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 07 May 2014 - 07:35 AM.

Yep, I've been there. One of those girls that was nice before I agreed to date her then had a Jekyll and Hyde situation happen almost immediately after.

As my particular experience was in High School, it came down to, "Whoops, my friends don't think you are cool enough and so you can't be my boyfriend." Ahh cliques. Can't say I miss those at all.

I find that an acceptable length of time to be admitted into "The Club". Speaking of which... I've yet to order a cocktail myself. Martini, shaken not stirred.

• Mr.Scratch and IVIechanomics like this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

Ah, a man with acute taste...
*serves mojito*
No more beanie cushions though...

A month is short to you? You one of those long-term, emotionally invested nice guys too?

I'm one of those no time for emotional investment kind of guys, nice is a bit of a stretch.
  • Failure, Xyn and Andreas like this

Varys
  • Varys

It's actually Lord Varys

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Poison her...

tumblr_m8xl15U09o1rd7inoo1_500.png

Perhaps with something like: The tears of Lys

If you don't want to resort to that... extreme, then slap her a few times and remind her

tumblr_m554lpIULv1qgcfpxo5_250.gif

• KnobCheez likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users