Quantcast

» «
Photo

Fixing Passive Mode

30 replies to this topic
The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Passive mode is COMPLETELY broken. Even when I'm in passive mode, someone decides to be clever and run me over. Also, passive mode seems to de-activate when I get into a car. Not only that, but people can still blow me up when I'm in a car yet I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE HOSPITAL CHARGE? This is ridiculous. Please fix this Rockstar. Fix it now! The community's preaching!

• theGTAking101 likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:59 AM Edited by EZza2647, 04 May 2014 - 06:00 AM.

If you're having troubles with passive mode, get a Karin Snipe. Fastest car and is 98% bulletproof. Takes 2 explosions to destroy it, too.

The only problem is how rare it is

(Also this isn't a Rockstar forum)

• rob602pa and hentai_posse like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:00 AM Edited by Xyn, 04 May 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Passive mode = bullets won't do sh*t.

If you want a completely immune way from any violent action, this may be your solution.

• Killzone3265, This Guy Is Here and EZza2647 like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

If you don't like violence, why are you playing a violent video game with psychotic players?

weaklandwarrior
  • weaklandwarrior

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

passive mode works fine for me. i think it's been renamed to invite only or something like that.

• EZza2647 likes this

lilmoonpie
  • lilmoonpie

Sometimes the hammer, sometimes the nail

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

Passive mode isn't broken, you just won't respect the "rules" of passive mode:

1. Be in passive mode on the ground at your own peril. Be like half the players in this game and get high. Get off the ground.

2. Don't get in a car in passive mode. SImple enough.

You can't be in a car in passive mode - see how that could be abused? Someone goes into passive, gets in a car and can run over players with no consequences. So cars are out.

I agree the game could be nicer about letting you run around on the ground without being run over, but screw it, it is what it is. At least it gives players a small chance to kill the tank griefer who gets blown out of his tank and immediately goes into passive mode to dodge the well-deserved multiple killings they're about to get.

• codename_duchess likes this

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:38 AM Edited by rob602pa, 04 May 2014 - 06:39 AM.

Passive mode works fine.

Don't drive around others If you don't know them , get out. Stay near trees or walls if you are near people in cars. I have made tanks blow themselves up  trying to get it me and shooting. Play chicken with cars. Most players are so excited to kill they don't even pay attention.

It has become a fun part of this game for me. It also attracts idiots that you may just want to kill and come out of passive :-p

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Passive mode works fine.

Don't drive around others If you don't know them , get out. Stay near trees or walls if you are near people in cars. I have made tanks blow themselves up  trying to get it me and shooting. Play chicken with cars. Most players are so excited to kill they don't even pay attention.

It has become a fun part of this game for me. It also attracts idiots that you may just want to kill and come out of passive :-p

That'll teach those tank ********. Haha.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Definitely broken, I had to pay $50 yesterday to kill a sneaky little pacifist troll! 

it was double cash day it should have cost me a $100  :miranda:

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

If you don't like violence, why are you playing a violent video game with psychotic players?

I'm saying this as a person who rarely uses passive mode. I'm just addressing some problems with it that I've experienced.

Definitely broken, I had to pay $50 yesterday to kill a sneaky little pacifist troll! 

it was double cash day it should have cost me a $100  :miranda:

Hahaha. That would be the ultimate troll.

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Im sure if a player kills you while your in PM they pay for your bill. 

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Passive mode is the sh*t !

Probably the best way to escape tanks, I just go into passive mode and find my way to higher ground and air thrust continuously.  

• Matty079 likes this

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Bassraptor

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:34 AM Edited by psycho_realm747, 04 May 2014 - 07:34 AM.

I like how Passive Moders complain about getting run over but if you cant kill Passive Modes on cars they will be the ones running people over all day..
Passive Mode is fine,you better deal with it because its not going to change.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

i love being in the fire truck and finding a passive mode player.

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

They did fix passive mode, R.I.P. Fire truck you are now useless to me

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

*loved

Last update took away the water.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

You know what works for me? Killing the white dots instead of trying to hide from em. Or you can go invite only...

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

*loved

Last update took away the water.

really, that sucks.

• This Guy Is Here likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

Passive mode is COMPLETELY broken. Even when I'm in passive mode, someone decides to be clever and run me over. Also, passive mode seems to de-activate when I get into a car. Not only that, but people can still blow me up when I'm in a car yet I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE HOSPITAL CHARGE? This is ridiculous. Please fix this Rockstar. Fix it now! The community's preaching!

u idiot , the wheel or catepillar track or even dump's wheel can't harm u if you're standing higher than them ( such as standing on climable high wall )

but even you're standing an little bit higher than most of vehicle , rhino tank's cannon can be act like lance thus taking you off from high ground ( although , passive mode still immune aganist tank cannon unless if you're inside vehicles ) . additionaly climbing high building with ladder render impossible to run over ( through , rotor blades still potential threat for passive mode )

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

1. Be in passive mode on the ground at your own peril. Be like half the players in this game and get high. Get off the ground.

lol...   Its funny.. You claim its not broken and then go on to explain how its broken.

Passive should mean passive.  Sorry OP, welcome to what R* or Take two considers passive mode, which is not very passive at all.

Just know.. Then even when you're in passive you can still shot everyone on sight.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

It should be ghost mode
no player can attack you, everything just goes through you (bullets, cars, firetruck hose, tanks, etc)
when you drive vehicles, you are invincible, but you cannot get attacked, vehicle can still take damage 
if your car blows up, you just sit there and get out (tankers can still blow up the car buy youre still alive)

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 04 May 2014 - 02:06 PM.

As R* puts it, passive mode is "wildly unrealistic."

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Passive mode should be when your walking if someones drives into you its like hitting a rock. Problem solved. Passive mode fixed. Can you imagine if 10 people in passive mode lined up on a road and blocked and and some guy drives at them it would be like a car running into a mountain

Winning001
  • Winning001

Do not click the red button

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:07 PM Edited by Winning001, 04 May 2014 - 02:08 PM.

As R* puts it, passive mode is "wildly unrealistic."

the whole game is  "wildly unrealistic" already :)
even though passive mode is flawed, its so funny to troll those noobs in passive mode

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

only reason I use passive mode is so I dont get shot by dick heads in my apartment or garage. otherwise if someone plans to kill me I just go on a wild goose chase around the city to see if they catch me.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

I am sad they took away the water from firetrucks. The dumbasses using it always died when trying to attack me. All I had to do was having a car right by my side.

They called the thing, and as soon as they hit the button to take it away from the fire dept guy, I would get in the car and start firing straight away, while they have they trigger button busy with a harmless water spray hose. Always worked.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 04 May 2014 - 02:31 PM.

If you don't want to die from some random person play invite only sessions....otherwise your whiny ass is grass. Honestly...you people never played iv did you? What did you think Lamar gave you that gun for when you got off the plane? Go play my little pony dress up or something.

My wife plays this game and she's a bullet magnet online and she doesn't complain like the little kids on this forum.....smdh...passive mode works as it should...deal with it or don't play...you won't be missed.

c4grafx
  • c4grafx

--TEAM HURE--

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

If you're having troubles with passive mode, get a Karin Snipe. Fastest car and is 98% bulletproof. Takes 2 explosions to destroy it, too.

The only problem is how rare it is

(Also this isn't a Rockstar forum)

hope one day a karin snipe will kill your ass - you are annoying as shiat man

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

You can't be in a car in passive mode - see how that could be abused? Someone goes into passive, gets in a car and can run over players with no consequences. So cars are out.

I agree the game could be nicer about letting you run around on the ground without being run over, but screw it, it is what it is. At least it gives players a small chance to kill the tank griefer who gets blown out of his tank and immediately goes into passive mode to dodge the well-deserved multiple killings they're about to get.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:52 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 05 May 2014 - 03:52 AM.

pze5PG.gif

kid in passive mode and minced with rotor blades XD and raging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users