Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP|IV] CitizenMP:IV - the multiplayer component you've dreamt of

309 replies to this topic

Poll: Initial game mode 'side things' (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following should be the first big game mode?

1. A 'zombie survival'-type gamemode, with all the typical interactions people have come to expect (9 votes [11.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.69%

2. The 'MMO'-style game type that initially prompted Citizen's design, with jobs running in a global instance with everyone else (68 votes [88.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Well, when i was on the server list, and minimized the game, i couldnt comeback, wasnt a interface like samp better? just a independ window for multiplayer and start the game when u enter on some server?

That occurs in the game too, and is not related to the server list at all.

Can u make it to save ur Social Club login?

that's fairly low-priority, never can get bothered to do it as it's horribly boring

Could you elaborate a bit more on the car mods in MP? I'm guessing if everyone will see the same car models, then we won't have the irritating SMPA60 and SMPA50 errors. However, how will all this be executed? Will all the car mods be added as a new car in game? Because let's be honest, if I have one car mod on say the police, and some1 else has a different car mod on police1, the game couldn't decide which one to show. If we add 9 billion new cars to the game, the game will just stop loading the textures at some point, if it won't crash. What you wrote down sounds really nice, but sounds quite impossible to me.

This is referring to an UGC API for server scripts to use - it could for instance typically allow every player to bring one car model into the server to spawn (as a separate vehicle identity); even giving an extreme 'reasonable' maximum of 3 MB combined the assets'd still fit in virtual memory easily for 32 players. :)

The option for servers to load their own models is completely separate from that, at least.

and something new, I've been working on some stuff related to the game radio system; at this point I've gotten a slightly-buggy libav audio player to replace the default Windows Media SDK audio player used for user tracks, and the next steps after fixing that up is to add the capability for both servers and clients to add additional radio stations to the game, both from live internet streams as well as from normal audio files/prerecorded HTTP stream files

if I ever bother to get off my lazy ass, I will make some more radios for this

fefenc
  • fefenc

pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi pi :'(

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Is there a way to make our characters to walk normally like in IV Singleplayer?

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

yeah i'm not sure why, but i put in my socialclub credentials and it only puts a red outline on my password and does nothing else. I know my password is right, im' not sure what else it could be.

fefenc
  • fefenc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

the first word must be CAPSLOCKED

RSR_Commander
  • RSR_Commander

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

What do I do if I want to host a server? Are there any dedicated server hosting tools available right now?

#Shake
  • #Shake

Im B_Shake In Game

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:34 PM Edited by MurdaGame, 21 June 2014 - 06:34 PM.

What do I do if I want to host a server? Are there any dedicated server hosting tools available right now?

You have to compile the server files from git

I dont know how to do it, i tried and failed, if someone can do it and upload it would be great

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

the first word must be CAPSLOCKED

Would help if it started with letters

fefenc
  • fefenc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Then change your password

RSR_Commander
  • RSR_Commander

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by RSR_Commander, 22 June 2014 - 04:04 PM.

OK, for me the game is just a poorly textured mess which gets progressively worse - which is eerie. On my first launch, the only problem was that map LODs didn't change to hi-def models when approached (yes, I was driving through a blurry, low-poly town). On my 3rd launch, map LODs stopped loading (except for Middle Park & surroundings). On my 7th (IIRC) launch, map LODs stopped loading at all. On my 10th launch, peds & players stopped appearing. Several launches later - street lights and trees stopped appearing. Next time, cars wouldn't appear any more. A few launches more - and I'm here. I can't see anything but far LODs of the spawn area (which disappear when I turn around), water data, far car LODs and my player character. By the way, he freezes in space when I jump.

Original game works fine. Other players don't seem to complain. Using a fresh install.
Video memory limit set automatically to 123 MB, which is also freaky. I've tried adjusting commandline.txt, launched CitizenIV from different folders, to no avail. Can't take a screenshot - PrtSc doesn't work, startup screen (the legal text one) appears for a second when trying to take a screenshot with Bandicam. This is weird. I'll try reinstalling now, but this is some insane sh*t.

Update: Reinstalled the game, same stuff.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

OK, for me the game is just a poorly textured mess which gets progressively worse - which is eerie. On my first launch, the only problem was that map LODs didn't change to hi-def models when approached (yes, I was driving through a blurry, low-poly town). On my 3rd launch, map LODs stopped loading (except for Middle Park & surroundings). On my 7th (IIRC) launch, map LODs stopped loading at all. On my 10th launch, peds & players stopped appearing. Several launches later - street lights and trees stopped appearing. Next time, cars wouldn't appear any more. A few launches more - and I'm here. I can't see anything but far LODs of the spawn area (which disappear when I turn around), water data, far car LODs and my player character. By the way, he freezes in space when I jump.

That looks like a case of low virtual/physical memory - are you by any chance using 32-bit Windows or having little RAM?

Original game works fine. Other players don't seem to complain. Using a fresh install.
Video memory limit set automatically to 123 MB, which is also freaky. I've tried adjusting commandline.txt, launched CitizenIV from different folders, to no avail. Can't take a screenshot - PrtSc doesn't work, startup screen (the legal text one) appears for a second when trying to take a screenshot with Bandicam. This is weird. I'll try reinstalling now, but this is some insane sh*t.

Is commandline.txt in the GTA folder (not the Citizen folder)? Do you have a >2 GB GPU?

RSR_Commander
  • RSR_Commander

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

That looks like a case of low virtual/physical memory - are you by any chance using 32-bit Windows or having little RAM?

Is commandline.txt in the GTA folder (not the Citizen folder)? Do you have a >2 GB GPU?

I guess the deal is just with me attempting to run it on a laptop, but still,
I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows 7, got 8 GB of RAM. GPU: Intel Core i5-2540M, 2 cores, 2,5 GHz each.
Citizen placed in the GTA IV folder and a folder on the desktop, tried launching from both. commandfile.txt is in the GTAIV folder with -nomemrestrict and -norestrictions.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

I guess the deal is just with me attempting to run it on a laptop, but still,
I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows 7, got 8 GB of RAM. GPU: Intel Core i5-2540M, 2 cores, 2,5 GHz each.
Citizen placed in the GTA IV folder and a folder on the desktop, tried launching from both. commandfile.txt is in the GTAIV folder with -nomemrestrict and -norestrictions.

Ah, Intel graphics. For those I've always tended to need -availablevidmem 6.0 or some number, as they only report ~16MB of dedicated video memory (as almost-to-all memory is shared), which IV glitches to some minimum and ends up internally limiting itself to death.

RSR_Commander
  • RSR_Commander

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by RSR_Commander, 01 July 2014 - 06:34 PM.

Ah, Intel graphics. For those I've always tended to need -availablevidmem 6.0 or some number, as they only report ~16MB of dedicated video memory (as almost-to-all memory is shared), which IV glitches to some minimum and ends up internally limiting itself to death.

I tried -availablevidmem 6.0 and it works now. Thanks.

#Shake
  • #Shake

Im B_Shake In Game

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

i want a test server someone pls compile it for me :c

fefenc
  • fefenc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:46 AM

just download athe file, choose your GTA IV folder and play it via Blue IV shortcut

Sobotkama
  • Sobotkama

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hey, Nta. Could you please provide some info about building the server? Tried building it in Visual Studio Pro 2013 update 2, but it resulted with many errors.

THX.

• #Shake likes this

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by countergame, 26 June 2014 - 08:31 PM.

Hmm, it doesn't work. After choosing the IV directory, nothing seems to happen. No shortcut on the desktop. Nothing.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:37 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 26 June 2014 - 08:38 PM.

Hmm, it doesn't work. After choosing the IV directory, nothing seems to happen. No shortcut on the desktop. Nothing.

Try manually adding an IVPath=... entry (directing to the game folder; I forgot if it has to end with a backslash however) to the end of the .ini file - some systems seem to have issues with getting the result from the folder selection dialog for some reason.

• Silent likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Vista? :D

#Shake
  • #Shake

Im B_Shake In Game

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

NTA please give us some news on the progress? I check this thread and the other one like 5 time a day xD

iNIKEL
  • iNIKEL

iNIKEL. GTA maniac.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:59 AM Edited by iNIKEL, 29 June 2014 - 11:59 AM.

cbca04d19739dbf2247d3249e7d2f136.png

Why cant i run it? Lauching, entering credentials for RGSC and getting this error all the time...

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 29 June 2014 - 12:52 PM.

Hey, Nta. Could you please provide some info about building the server? Tried building it in Visual Studio Pro 2013 update 2, but it resulted with many errors.
THX.

git clone [url]
git submodule update --init

Open .sln, make sure nuget is configured to allow package restore, build, and run it with current directory set to data/.

NTA please give us some news on the progress? I check this thread and the other one like 5 time a day xD

Haven't gotten around to coding too much; did do some research on the radio stuff (and got some experiment where all stations were fully replaced with the diamond mission cutscene audio working :p ) and walking stuff... but now I want tapping the sprint button to toggle between running and sprinting, but on PC someplace the sprint button gets mapped to tapping sprint so I need to figure out where the game is injecting this automatic tapping and that's boring and such...

Why cant i run it? Lauching, entering credentials for RGSC and getting this error all the time...

Is it 1.0.7.0, and not some random version like 1.0.6.1 like I've seen some Russian person run before?
  • #Shake likes this

MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

BloodFighter lvl 100

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Tested it, and its run smoothly and perfectly. Only thing which kind of sucked, that you cant see where the other players are.

• #Shake likes this

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Vista? :D

Nope, Windows 8.1 Pro x64. But yeah it's like Vista 2.0 without any modifications to make Windows useable again.

• GAMIR_GTA likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by fefenc, 29 June 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Good news everyone, CitizenFX works on the Jacksparrow version of the game :D

• GAMIR_GTA likes this

#Shake
  • #Shake

Im B_Shake In Game

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by MurdaGame, 29 June 2014 - 10:49 PM.

If someone successfully builds the server please upload it :) or pm me

also..what version of b3 does it work with? Or you use a modified one

fefenc
  • fefenc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

Tested it, and its run smoothly and perfectly. Only thing which kind of sucked, that you cant see where the other players are.

this is a good thing, at least they leave you alone

MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

BloodFighter lvl 100

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, true would better like that than getting attacked all the time cuz ur visible on the map^^

this is a good thing, at least they leave you alone

iNIKEL
  • iNIKEL

iNIKEL. GTA maniac.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by iNIKEL, 30 June 2014 - 04:43 PM.

THX.

git clone [url]
git submodule update --init

Open .sln, make sure nuget is configured to allow package restore, build, and run it with current directory set to data/.

Haven't gotten around to coding too much; did do some research on the radio stuff (and got some experiment where all stations were fully replaced with the diamond mission cutscene audio working :p ) and walking stuff... but now I want tapping the sprint button to toggle between running and sprinting, but on PC someplace the sprint button gets mapped to tapping sprint so I need to figure out where the game is injecting this automatic tapping and that's boring and such...

Is it 1.0.7.0, and not some random version like 1.0.6.1 like I've seen some Russian person run before?

Its steam version, yes it is 1.0.7.0 clean installed. Win 8.1 x64, 4GB VRAM.

msvu
  • msvu

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

After latest update when I try to start the game it just shows me a white screen. Everything was working perfectly before the update.

• BlackScout likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users