Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP|IV] CitizenMP:IV - the multiplayer component you've dreamt of

469 replies to this topic

Poll: Initial game mode 'side things' (221 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following should be the first big game mode?

1. A 'zombie survival'-type gamemode, with all the typical interactions people have come to expect (56 votes [25.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.34%

2. The 'MMO'-style game type that initially prompted Citizen's design, with jobs running in a global instance with everyone else (165 votes [74.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:59 PM Edited by nkjellman, 25 February 2016 - 09:00 PM.

I never played GTA IV MP and with it now being impossible thanks to GFWL being gone

Ehh, you can still play IV multiplayer. GFWL isn't gone, buying stuff on it is gone, but playing games through it is not.
You will be able to play IV multiplayer as long as Xbox Live itself exists.
Speaking of that, do you have any idea how I can activate my GFWL DLC for TLAD and TBOGT? I got the files but I can't get into the GFWL Marketplace app so I can go into settings and click show activation key, allowing the game to activate the DLC.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

No idea.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

Considering the GFWL marketplace is dead, I'd say you're out of luck.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:55 AM Edited by nkjellman, 26 February 2016 - 05:55 AM.

Well, I'd say that this is an exception on the forms. Crack.

I should unlock it myself.

So, I do have it activated on my old PC. Is there a file I can grab off of there so it thinks its activated?

Regardless, I have EFLC as well, but it would be nice to have the full sound track in IV.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:44 PM

yeah if you can proove you owned the copy legally you can crack it but beware of c£$% full of viruses . and GFWL being dead i hardly see any trial incoming . but you can also buy a steam key . purchased one few weeks ago , i think i paid around 4 euros

here . choose a seller that have made lot of sells already . that way you minimize the risks

https://www.g2a.com/...___store=french

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

Let's all just hope that Citizen:IV either returns or something new comes up for IV.

We trust in you guys.

• Davve95 likes this

Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:30 PM Edited by Davve95, 29 February 2016 - 05:31 PM.

Let's all just hope that Citizen:IV either returns or something new comes up for IV.

We trust in you guys.

I really miss a multiplayer mod for IV!

It would be awesome if this mod could return yes! Really sad that it died.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

Hmm is it even possible to get TLAD as a standalone DLC anywhere anymore? I'd love to mix IV and TLAD's LRR and LCHC, with that Drive By Audio - Jailbait song that isn't on EFLC.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

Hmm is it even possible to get TLAD as a standalone DLC anywhere anymore? I'd love to mix IV and TLAD's LRR and LCHC, with that Drive By Audio - Jailbait song that isn't on EFLC.

Now, if we could just simply find a way to do a few things from this list, we could have what we both seek.

-Get the full radio dial. That is, the IV exclusive stations, EFLC exclusive stations, and all of the tracks on the shared stations from IV and EFLC. Even with the DLC, there is no way to have a full dial. With the dlc, you're missing the EFLC exclusive stations, and with EFLC, you're missing the IV exclusive stations, and the tracks on the stations in both. So a complete radio dial is a start. These radio files would be compatible with GTAIV.exe, and EFLC.exe's.

-For people with EFLC, a menu modification which allows you to pick GTA IV. The files are there and the game is playable. To play IV on EFLC, there were a few audio files from IV you need, and then you needed to rename the TLAD and TBOGT folders. Then it will think the DLC is missing, and will launch GTA IV. This isn't piracy. The files are there, aren't they? lol

-For people with GTA IV, there would be a crack which allows them to run the DLC. However, they would have to copy the TLAD and TBOGT folders, requiring that they own EFLC. Judging by how CitizenMP seems to run, this should be possible. Rather than checking for the DLC in the Games For Windows Live folder, it would read them from the GTA directory. Also, it would work with liveless.

The full radio dial mod would allow the two games to be compatible with each other. When you play GTA IV through the trick on EFLC, changing the radio station causes the game to crash, but it would be fixed by the full radio dial. To legally distribute the full radio dial mod, it would need to be in an installer which forces the user to verify that they own EFLC and GTA IV.

In result, the mod would allow the user to turn GTA IV or EFLC into GTA IV: Complete Edition (The Complete Edition the way it should have been, with everything going through one launcher in one install directory, and a complete radio dial)

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:00 PM Edited by Claude Liberty, 29 February 2016 - 07:01 PM.

I remember days when I thought that proper rerelease of GTA IV: The Complete Edition with full content and better optimization was possible. But now, seeing how they treat their legacy, the very thing that made them who they are now, I seriously doubt that. Right now I hope for a fan-made remake on GTA V engine with all three stories (Niko, Johnny and Luis) twisted together using multi-protagonist feature.

• Blackbird88, Saunders420 and ShenHAX like this

Davve95
  • Davve95

CJ - You wanna get back down so?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:34 AM Edited by Davve95, 01 March 2016 - 11:35 AM.

Hope someone open their eyes about making another IV multiplayer mod. That would be epic.

Missing a mp mod for IV. Plus all other IV mp mods are dead.

I guess you could use dead projects if you get permission.

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:00 PM Edited by DoubledRelic696, 01 March 2016 - 09:07 PM.

I was too desperate for some multiplayer today.

So i did the impossible (for me to accept) and updated my IV from 1.0.4.0 to 1.0.7.0 and added GFWL.

First, i had to take my settings down a good 40% to enjoy the game flawless in 50 FPS (hope dies last). Yes i know, it's unacceptable.

Even after doing so, i got FPS drops from 40 to 15 sometimes in certain areas. Seriously ?

(Intel i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz / 2 x 8 GB DDR3 DC RAM / GTX 750 Ti 2GB / Windows 10)

With patch 1.0.4.0 i run the game on highest settings in 2K res. 2556x1440. Constant 60 FPS vSync on.

After joining some team deathmatches, mafiya works & cops n' crooks, i was surprised about how much fun it was.

There were around 11 people in the "lobby" i was playing, and it was enough to enjoy.

Maybe instead of waiting on dead end you guys should take the price of going down in graphics and performance, to get some nice multiplayer.

EDIT: I don't see why the latest patch (1.0.7.0) is so freaking low on performance and so poorly optimized. The (1.0.4.0) was just perfect. Why R* ?

Is there a possibility to get multiplayer working on 1.0.4.0 as well ? I mean the official one from R* / GFWL. Answers appreciated.

• Davve95 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

PC multiplayer in competitive modes suck, bullet spread is non existant.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

There is an ASI to fix that iirc.

http://www.gta4-mods...-fix-v11-f29635
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:04 PM Edited by B Dawg, 03 March 2016 - 03:10 PM.

There is an ASI to fix that iirc.

http://www.gta4-mods...-fix-v11-f29635

I already know of that, and I use Controller 99% of the time in Singleplayer (with Controller bulletspread is enabled, but not in multiplayer) so I don't really need it, but it doesn't fix Multiplayer :(

Requires Xlive=No Multiplayer, and even if it did, only I would have spread and everyone else wouldn't.

R* and their f*ckups.

• Blackbird88, Saunders420 and Sweet Bellic like this

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

If somebody has the latest files of Citizen:IV and could upload them to share, me and some developers might be able to get it working again.

Already got a bunch of people, but we all don't have the time to start from scratch.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

It's best not to dabble with it. I doubt you want Rockstar / TakeTwo coming after you like they did with NTA. Plus there is the off chance they'd go after him again, which isn't necessary. At all.

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

It's best not to dabble with it. I doubt you want Rockstar / TakeTwo coming after you like they did with NTA. Plus there is the off chance they'd go after him again, which isn't necessary. At all.

I think the problem with R* / TakeTwo was only with FiveM (V Multiplayer mod) but not Citizen:IV ?

After all, i totally agree with you. It's just sad to see it gone.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

I think the problem with R* / TakeTwo was only with FiveM (V Multiplayer mod) but not Citizen:IV ?

After all, i totally agree with you. It's just sad to see it gone.
If it can derive profits they'll wanna take it down. FiveM and CitizenMP:IV both were built using he CitizenFX framework, so it's already a slippery slope.
  • DoubledRelic696 and Saunders420 like this

ShenHAX
  • ShenHAX

Not Available

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:16 AM

So the mod's dead and now can anyone convert the map again????

• Davve95 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users