Is your glass always half empty?

• Coin likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

What's wrong with mods?  It takes away from what the Devs worked on for years.  And if you want to use mods, then why not just make your own game?

I've already addressed this when Brock Elvis brought it up earlier. Many devs are actually pro-mods.

Personally, I would not have likely ended up employed (previously now) in the games industry, were it not for time I spent modding games over the years. And quite a few of my fellows are the same.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

What's wrong with mods?  It takes away from what the Devs worked on for years.  And if you want to use mods, then why not just make your own game?

I've already addressed this when Brock Elvis brought it up earlier. Many devs are actually pro-mods.

Personally, I would not have likely ended up employed (previously now) in the games industry, were it not for time I spent modding games over the years. And quite a few of my fellows are the same.

That doesn't explain why you say that consoles are outdated POS.  They give you the same experience as being on a pc, so why not just get it on console?  Mods change the experience, therefore change the game.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

That doesn't explain why you say that consoles are outdated POS.  They give you the same experience as being on a pc, so why not just get it on console?  Mods change the experience, therefore change the game.

At no point did I ever say that consoles are outdated pieces of sh*t, so stop putting words into my mouth. The hardware is outdated though, and there's no getting around that fact. Even the 'new gen' consoles are outdated; I built a PC last year for the same price that is slightly more powerful.

Also, aside from the obvious of better graphics capability, a lot of PC ports get upgrades in other areas as well that do change the game experience. Battlefield, for example, has a far higher player limit on PC than it does on console, because consoles aren't powerful enough to handle it.

Yes, mods can change the game experience or even add to it. So what? Again; mods are a good thing by-the-by.

The perfect example of this I can think of is the Game of Thrones MOD for Crusader Kings 2, which is very popular and is a total overhaul mod (it changes the vanilla game drastically). This mod has gotten a fair bit of exposure in the general PC gaming community, and there's quite a few people who have seen this mod, then bought the game so they can play it - I myself are one of them. The game devs have even expanded on modding capability in the game so that the Game of Thrones mod, and others like it can continue to grow.

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

Then why have companies like Epic & Bethesda released editors with their games for years?
A lot of companies are pro-modding because they know mods add a lot of interest & life for their games at no expense to them.

• SirPhilMcKraken, a20characterusername and Coin like this

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

Jumping in

Consoles are already outdated. In fact the "next-gen" consoles are already outdated by current PC hardware. I've built myself a rig and bought an xbox one. I bought a console because most of my friends enjoy playing on the console. 

As for games on the PC, you are able to create or modify different aspects of the game creating a whole new environment. Look at Left4Dead2 on PC. We have community made maps, skins, weapons, and other added bonuses because Valve allows the community to build on their game. These maps are available free of charge and same goes with the skins for items. These things are possible on a PC. They allow people to have more fun with the game they bought. 

On a console, you are locked down with the basic game that you've payed for. You also get to pay for additional content from the developers themselves (same can go for PC). Being on a console doesn't allow you to have the freedom as playing a game on the PC. 

• Coin likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

At no point did I ever say that consoles are outdated pieces of sh*t, so stop putting words into my mouth. The hardware is outdated though, and there's no getting around that fact. Even the 'new gen' consoles are outdated; I built a PC last year for the same price that is slightly more powerful.

Also, aside from the obvious of better graphics capability, a lot of PC ports get upgrades in other areas as well that do change the game experience. Battlefield, for example, has a far higher player limit on PC than it does on console, because consoles aren't powerful enough to handle it.

Yes, mods can change the game experience or even add to it. So what? Again; mods are a good thing by-the-by.

The perfect example of this I can think of is the Game of Thrones MOD for Crusader Kings 2, which is very popular and is a total overhaul mod (it changes the vanilla game drastically). This mod has gotten a fair bit of exposure in the general PC gaming community, and there's quite a few people who have seen this mod, then bought the game so they can play it - I myself are one of them. The game devs have even expanded on modding capability in the game so that the Game of Thrones mod, and others like it can continue to grow.

PC elitists always have reasons to say that PC sh*ts on console, yet, console doesn't have much against it, except for the cheap price, and large fanbase.  There is no reason why PC should have more than console.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

PC elitists always have reasons to say that PC sh*ts on console, yet, console doesn't have much against it, except for the cheap price, and large fanbase.  There is no reason why PC should have more than console.

Outdated hardware holds developers back. I can pretty much guarantee that GTA V would be a better game experience if R* had elected to delay it longer and then release on the Xbox One/PS4 for example, because they wouldn't have had to make nearly as many compromises.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Jumping in

Consoles are already outdated. In fact the "next-gen" consoles are already outdated by current PC hardware. I've built myself a rig and bought an xbox one. I bought a console because most of my friends enjoy playing on the console. 

As for games on the PC, you are able to create or modify different aspects of the game creating a whole new environment. Look at Left4Dead2 on PC. We have community made maps, skins, weapons, and other added bonuses because Valve allows the community to build on their game. These maps are available free of charge and same goes with the skins for items. These things are possible on a PC. They allow people to have more fun with the game they bought. 

On a console, you are locked down with the basic game that you've payed for. You also get to pay for additional content from the developers themselves (same can go for PC). Being on a console doesn't allow you to have the freedom as playing a game on the PC. 

And I agree that mods make the game more interesting.  All i'm saying is that PC elitists shouldn't bash consoles, because they play the same game, PC just has mods.

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:10 AM Edited by Xyn, 06 May 2014 - 03:12 AM.

There is no reason why PC should have more than console.

So it comes down to basic jealousy, huh?
You're saying want all those great mods available for consoles, or the ability to run games at near 4K resolution @60 FPS?

Well, in that case you better be willing to drop more than $400 and demand Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft they up their game.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

There is no reason why PC should have more than console.

So it comes down to basic jealousy, huh?
You're saying want all those great mods available for consoles.

I am saying that elitists say how crap the console game is, but in reality, it's the same exact thing as what they get.

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

I am saying that elitists say how crap the console game is, but in reality, it's the same exact thing as what they get.

Well, in some ways it is.
Why settle for a 720p on a console if (keyword, if) you have the ability to do much better on PC?

And it's not always the same experience. Take Alice; Madness Returns or the Batman: Arkham series, consoles don't have tessellation or nVidia physX enabled on their versions, because the console CPU can't handle the calculations necessary. 

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:23 AM

Why settle for a 720p on a console if (keyword, if) you have the ability to do much better on PC?

And it's not always the same experience. Take Alice; Madness Returns or the Batman: Arkham series, consoles don't have tessellation or nVidia physX enabled on their versions, because the console CPU can't handle the calculations necessary. 

A. Because it's cheaper

B. It's the same experience

C. Graphics don't make the game

And it is generally the same experience.  Titanfall is the same on all platforms as far as I know.  Apart from the graphical details, it's mostly the same game.

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:15 AM

why are people arguing about PC vs Console? I agree PC is better, mine can easily run GTA 4 on max and could do GTA 5 no prob. Can even do CRYSIS 3 on med-high settings. BUT I still own a PS3 and I love it too and enjoy playing GTA 5 on it no matter how much better PC gaming is

A. Because it's cheaper

B. It's the same experience

C. Graphics don't make the game

And it is generally the same experience.  Titanfall is the same on all platforms as far as I know.  Apart from the graphical details, it's mostly the same game.

Graphics dont make the game but they do IMPROVE IT. look at GTA 4 on your console, now look at it run on ultra settings on a good pc and tell me it doesnt make it look 100 percent more magical and immersive 

FlatsTheButtKicker
  • FlatsTheButtKicker

ɹǝɥɔʇᴉlƃ pnoɹԀ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

It not nor will it ever come out on PC Rockstar would only do this as a last resort to keep their game intresting,some reasons:

1. Piratebay- halve the people complaining about PC just want it on PC for this reaons, R* knows this and onece they release it on PC everyone and their brother is going to priate/torrent it instead of paying for it

2. Why?- Only a very small population of gamers(don't butthurt me/argue this point) even remotely care about a PC version, why spend all the money to port and make disks for a game version very few people out of the general popualtion of gamers will buy

3. Mods- The only other reason besides number 1 that makes people want this on PC, mods will ruin this game and will also topple R*'s Cash Card empire as people start making unpatchable bypasses to money

4. Because it's RockStar- What were you expected?

• SmokeDat likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

It not nor will it ever come out on PC Rockstar would only do this as a last resort to keep their game intresting,some reasons:

1. Piratebay- halve the people complaining about PC just want it on PC for this reaons, R* knows this and onece they release it on PC everyone and their brother is going to priate/torrent it instead of paying for it

2. Why?- Only a very small population of gamers(don't butthurt me/argue this point) even remotely care about a PC version, why spend all the money to port and make disks for a game version very few people out of the general popualtion of gamers will buy

3. Mods- The only other reason besides number 1 that makes people want this on PC, mods will ruin this game and will also topple R*'s Cash Card empire as people start making unpatchable bypasses to money

For the love of Gabe Newell, read the damn thread before posting. Each and every one of your points has already been deconstructed and proven wrong.

• Xyn and UnicornAssassin like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

1) You can find console games for free on pirate bay as well...saying piracy is less or non-existent is inane. The only reason it isn't seen as an issue in USA or Europe is because gaming is more accessable. But try paying 2x - 3x as much for the same game in most parts of the world and you'll see how popular console piracy really is.

2) Yeah, that's probably why over 700.000 people and counting have signed multiple petitions for a PC release....R*'s really going to ignore all of that.

3)You have no idea what mods are, do you? Lemme tell you, they are not just what you see on Online/IV multi. Here's a couple of good ones for Fallout, Skyrim, SA or GTA IV...

4)R* have released every GTA for PC...your point?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

This topic has become an ignorant bitch fest from both sides. I have no interest in entertaining the ignorance on either side of the argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users