• geust001

Player Hater

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

Short version: Xbox 360 & PS3.
Not worth the chat room.

Long version: PC
What do you think about the PC version of GTA 5 Online? I think it's taking too long to make or maybe they aren't making it all? I use to play APB reloaded for PC available on steam. The online chat was the worst I have ever seen. I had to start ignoring players left and right because of whispers with insults. The general chat was loaded with 80% hate comments.

Don't reply to this post if you plan on trolling it to get it closed.

Also, I already know there's a news story on the subject so don't redirect me to the gamespot news page. Thanks.

http://www.gamespot....c/1100-6419280/

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

lol nope

• SCS_Skreamies and mrkush90 like this

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

I really wish they would get their "ass" in gear and make it come out already. Then I would have a reason to not have it on X360 and just change over to pc to have mods and trainers to fool around and not be hit with punishments so badly.

• LukeH_97 likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Patience-yoda.jpg

They'll announce or deny it soon enough. I imagine it'll coincide with an XBONE and PS4 annoucement.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

Problem is a PC version would be hacked even more than the console ones, to the point of being unplayable.

• hugh750, meatrocket8, Miss Malevolent and 5 others like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

If it even comes out for PC, there wont be GTA Online with it.  Mods would screw it all up.

• SCS_Skreamies likes this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 01 May 2014 - 11:31 PM.

Nobody knows for sure.

Do you trust R*'s word?

Will R* be able to tame the glitches?

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Nope won't happen, bad OP making this thread bring out the worst in people!... :miranda:

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

right na na na na

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

R* are pretty serious about GTA:O, so if they do release a PC version, I can imagine it being harsh and and beyond strict.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

q

• Members
  • None

It'll come out sometime between Heists and Half-Life 3.

• mman259, Blankerz, RoachKiller_416 and 1 other like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

If it even comes out for PC, there wont be GTA Online with it.  Mods would screw it all up.

What a load of nonsense. You evidently don't know a great deal about mods.

• Xyn likes this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

OG

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

lol nope

You are just asking for a ban with your replies lately.

Why do you even bother replying to topics if all you are going to do is post spam replies and nothing worthy to the topic at hand?

Seriously are you 12 or something?

• LPGTAO likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by The Angel King, 01 May 2014 - 10:23 PM.

I doubt it will come out on PC due to mods and such. At least not any time soon. If they do I would suspect it would be at least a year from original console release. Anyways, they can't even stop modding, glitching, etc on PS3/Xbox in a reasonable time so it doesn't take a crystal ball to see what will happen on PC. Then again they may not care and just release it like Call of Duty. Mods or not people will still buy it.

So they will just sell everyone half a game?.....c'mon man. Use some logic. If it is released they would never release it without GTAO. That would be just be dumb on so many levels. Not to mention the amount of money they would lose.....

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by Brock Elvis, 01 May 2014 - 10:57 PM.

Troll bait, but I'll bite.

Modifications are probably the biggest problem for Grand Theft Auto: Online. Also, they have to implement a system of anti-piracy, because, you know, the "glorious" PC master race cannot handle the fact that cash payments make companies still function. The graphics need to be limited so you can actually run it and finally, they need a license from Steam so distributing costs less (filthy casuals, selling CD-ROMS when digital download is the future).

EDIT: I forgot to add my conclusion...silly me. No, Rockstar will take the sensible route and not even consider it for a second.

• Hx1349 likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by The Angel King, 01 May 2014 - 11:00 PM.

Modifications are probably the biggest problem for Grand Theft Auto: Online. Also, they have to implement a system of anti-piracy, because, you know, the "glorious" PC master race cannot handle the fact that cash payments make companies still function. The graphics need to be limited so you can actually run it and finally, they need a license from Steam so distributing costs less (filthy casuals, selling CD-ROMS when digital download is the future).

First off, insulting PC gamers in the manner you did is just......I'll let that slide. Ignorance is bliss right? Secondly, the graphics would have to be enhanced, not limited. Console version is 720P. Do you actually think less than that would work for PC?!?!?!...lol. There is no game in the history of gaming that has ever had to be "limited" from a console to a PC port. It is a fact that in most cases, it is quite the opposite. Lastly IMO, they wouldn't go through Steam. Possible, but I highly doubt it. 

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

If they do release gtao on PC, it won't be anything like we have now. The current online promotes the purchase of cash cards. The way it's set up, that just wouldn't work on PC. Modders and the like would glitch and hack money endlessly. They would have to run it more like gta 4's online. Then you would have more console players either switching to PC, or having a legitimate gripe because money is so hard to acquire on console, while PC players have it easy.

I think R* will release sp only on PC. It would just be too much trouble using cloud servers the way they do.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

If they do release gtao on PC, it won't be anything like we have now. The current online promotes the purchase of cash cards. The way it's set up, that just wouldn't work on PC. Modders and the like would glitch and hack money endlessly. They would have to run it more like gta 4's online. Then you would have more console players either switching to PC, or having a legitimate gripe because money is so hard to acquire on console, while PC players have it easy.

I think R* will release sp only on PC. It would just be too much trouble using cloud servers the way they do.

Again thinking they would only release half a game would be foolish. If not cash cards, they would still lose money. Sorry, most people don't generally buy single player games for PC. It is so laughable to think it would fly. Could you image Call of duty or Battlefield with SP only......c'mon people..

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

First off, insulting PC gamers in the manner you did is just......I'll let that slide. Ignorance is bliss right? Secondly, the graphics would have to be enhanced, not limited. Console version is 720P. Do you actually think less than that would work for PC?!?!?!...lol. There is no game in the history of gaming that has ever had to be "limited" from a console to a PC port. It is a fact that in most cases, it is quite the opposite. Lastly IMO, they wouldn't go through Steam. Possible, but I highly doubt it. 

Isn't that funny because Grand Theft Auto IV was WORSE on the PC than the console ports. The lovely DRM that took 1 hour to set up, lag that would happen even if you had your settings to the lowest possible, updates that actually wrecked the game and fatal errors galore (I remember my computer crashing once because of it).

Grand Theft Auto IV is insignificant to V/Online, in terms of graphics, gameplay, content, etc, so how the f*ck could this possibly work on PCs that aren't worth $7,000?

• Hx1349 likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

Isn't that funny because Grand Theft Auto IV was WORSE on the PC than the console ports. The lovely DRM that took 1 hour to set up, lag that would happen even if you had your settings to the lowest possible, updates that actually wrecked the game and fatal errors galore (I remember my computer crashing once because of it).

Grand Theft Auto IV is insignificant to V/Online, in terms of graphics, gameplay, content, etc, so how the f*ck could this possibly work on PCs that aren't worth $7,000?

the latest patch of GTA IV actually fixed most of that for PC. even though the fatal errors exist from time to time. 
off topic. GTA IV for PC only had 4 patches which fixed most problems. GTA O has had 12 so far and still, glitches that have been present since day 1 are still not fixed

• JayDM420 likes this

LurkingLurker
  • LurkingLurker

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

if they do come out on pc i wonder if they would remove GTA:Online from it?

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

the latest patch of GTA IV actually fixed most of that for PC. even though the fatal errors exist from time to time. 
off topic. GTA IV for PC only had 4 patches which fixed most problems. GTA O has had 12 so far and still, glitches that have been present since day 1 are still not fixed

I do agree that Grand Theft Auto: Online has been a festival of bugs, but Grand Theft Auto: IV was terrible on the PC. If Rockstar makes similiar mistakes in terms of porting it, nobody could even run Online/V on a computer.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

Voted most original topic of 2014

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Those are different issues possibly from porting it to PC. Bad coding perhaps? However, none of that is limiting the game from the console version to PC. If you think it takes a 7K computer to out do a 200 dollar PS3 or Xbox....your are out of your mind. To think they would have to limit a console version of a game for PC is not only just incorrect, it is quite foolish. 

• JayDM420 likes this

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Look at it this way, They made over $1,000,000,000 in the first few days the game was released.. They aren't going to not include the game for essentially 1/3rd of the gaming industry. With that being said you should probably expect next gen (PS4, XBOX 1) version as well. 

Whybot182
  • Whybot182

Requested Ban

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

if they do come out on pc i wonder if they would remove GTA:Online from it?

Perhaps but if they do somebody could code their own version of GTAO I mean look at MTA & SAM for example, so there's always that.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:36 PM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 01 May 2014 - 11:36 PM.

Look at it this way, They made over $1,000,000,000 in the first few days the game was released.. They aren't going to not include the game for essentially 1/3rd of the gaming industry. With that being said you should probably expect next gen (PS4, XBOX 1) version as well.

I think they have enough money to do whatever they want. I'd think time(future projects) would be of more value to them than money at this point.

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:40 PM Edited by Brock Elvis, 01 May 2014 - 11:42 PM.

Those are different issues possibly from porting it to PC. Bad coding perhaps? However, none of that is limiting the game from the console version to PC. If you think it takes a 7K computer to out do a 200 dollar PS3 or Xbox....you're are out of your mind. To think they would have to limit a console version of a game for PC is not only just incorrect, it is quite foolish. 

Modifications don't count as "enhancements" for PC ports. Therefore, Grand Theft Auto: IV was technically reduced down for a PC port (one that didn't even work very well, either). Also, Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC) was another prime example for Rockstar's failures. The graphics were worse than the Wii version (holy sh*t, I did not just say that) and gameplay was reduced to a more...appropriate level for PC gamers (easier).

/thread/

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

I think they have enough money to do whatever they want. I'd think time(future projects) would be of more value to them than money at this point.

I agree for the sake of new content. But imagine you made a game for the iTunes app store, lets assume you sold a million dollars worth of app. You just aren't going to not make a version for the Android app store. All games are made on a PC and ported over to consoles. It wouldn't cost nearly anything for them to release it on PC. 

And if time was more of the problem, they have multiple departments that work independently and are not affected by other work groups.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I agree for the sake of new content. But imagine you made a game for the iTunes app store, lets assume you sold a million dollars worth of app. You just aren't going to not make a version for the Android app store. All games are made on a PC and ported over to consoles. It wouldn't cost nearly anything for them to release it on PC. 

And if time was more of the problem, they have multiple departments that work independently and are not affected by other work groups.

With the kind of money they have they could def do that even tho it might not make any sense to everyone els.

But I see what you are saying and agree most do follow that logic.

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

Again thinking they would only release half a game would be foolish. If not cash cards, they would still lose money. Sorry, most people don't generally buy single player games for PC. It is so laughable to think it would fly. Could you image Call of duty or Battlefield with SP only......c'mon people..

The only thing foolish here is that you think most people generally don't buy single player games for PC and your point re: Call of Duty/Battlefield is foolish at best, because they aren't even comparable to GTA.

I've said it once and I'll say it again; the best case scenario for GTA Online on PC would be Rockstar shipping the online components with SP but having no Rockstar run servers ala consoles. Then leave it up to players to host their own servers, which puts control of mods and such in the hands of those server admins instead of R* - think more like SA:MP in this instance.

I don't think that is likely to happen, but we'll get a better experience if it does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users