Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lazers and Tanks: Why do people report them?

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Tanks and Jets (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you report Jets or Tanks before they are openly aggressive?

1. Always. (3 votes [3.06%])

Percentage of vote: 3.06%

2. I have done in the past, but not often. (2 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

3. Never, what's the point? (93 votes [94.90%])

Percentage of vote: 94.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:33 AM Edited by Thisguyherenow, 02 May 2014 - 02:11 AM.

They report you because they keep dying lol.   Thing that amazes me is that most of these people refuse to spawn in passive mode no matter how many times they die.  

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

No, people should be reported for glitching, hacking, or even swearing (if you're that anal retentive), but reporting somebody for playing the game in a way that Rockstar obviously condones is just stupid.  I don't get all the butthurt from anti tank or anti jet people, just change sessions or go invite only if it's that much of a problem.    If Rockstar thought the tank was overpowered, they would have modified it or pulled it all together.  The fact that they got rid of tank sniping and stopped making tanks pay for personal vehicles is proof enough that that Rockstar is on the side of the tankers, so complaining about it won't change anything.  When faced with a tank, I pull out my tank, or else I switch sessions or go invite only.  It's just a game.  Trolls can only bother you if you let them, so don't play into their hands.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:39 AM

They report them because they keep dying lol.   Thing that amazes me is that most of these people refuse to spawn in passive mode no matter how many times they die.  

Yeah, I understand people being affronted when they're squished by a car or tank when in passive mode, but the ones who just repeatedly run into you begging for death are usually the ones who report you.

No, people should be reported for glitching, hacking, or even swearing (if you're that anal retentive), but reporting somebody for playing the game in a way that Rockstar obviously condones is just stupid.  I don't get all the butthurt from anti tank or anti jet people, just change sessions or go invite only if it's that much of a problem.    If Rockstar thought the tank was overpowered, they would have modified it or pulled it all together.  The fact that they got rid of tank sniping and stopped making tanks pay for personal vehicles is proof enough that that Rockstar is on the side of the tankers, so complaining about it won't change anything.  When faced with a tank, I pull out my tank, or else I switch sessions or go invite only.  It's just a game.  Trolls can only bother you if you let them, so don't play into their hands.

You sir, speak too much sense for this forum. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for your badge and gun. Clear out your desk and leave your ID with Marge on your way out.

• This Guy? and wolfp212 like this

krooked kouki
  • krooked kouki

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

Youre complaining about like kids reporting you for doing nothing..

Goooood luck OP

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:35 AM

Goooood luck OP

I'm not complaining, mate. I'm asking for a little insight, and a few opinions, that's all.

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:47 AM

I think these are just random messages popping up when you get disconnected. Ain't nobody got time to report sh*t like that... Unless you in the gtaf crew, because I've only seen people on this forum use the report feature.

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

People need to stop reporting people for using something that is given to them and is fair game. It's free roam, you're allowed to do as you please as long as it's not cheating.
  • ninjaontour likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

I think these are just random messages popping up when you get disconnected. Ain't nobody got time to report sh*t like that... Unless you in the gtaf crew, because I've only seen people on this forum use the report feature.

Disocnnected... what?

krooked kouki
  • krooked kouki

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Goooood luck OP

I'm not complaining, mate. I'm asking for a little insight, and a few opinions, that's all.

Theyre kids though man... Thats the burden of this generation of gaming. We have to share with mindless toddlers who report people for no reason, troll, always use their mics to scream etc.

Ive never been reported to my knowledge while in a tank or lazer, but I rarely use both those vehicles anyway.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

No, people should be reported for glitching, hacking, or even swearing

You must hate that you can't report NPCs for repeatedly swearing at you when simply cruising the streets :p

• wolfp212 likes this

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Reporting lazers & tank is admitting you are a bloody loser or you suck at gtao

• Crunch McThornbody likes this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

People report you for anything, especially those players that take bounty hunting to another level & get mad they keep getting killed over & over.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Tank users who go out of their way to kill you when you're in passive mode deserve to be reported. When they behave like the fate of the world hangs on your death, running you over constantly or knocking you about with the tanks cannon, when all you are doing is going to the shops in passive mode. Then i say those players bite of their nose to spite their face im afraid. 

SBXHU2S.gif

• saintsrow likes this

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by Biff73, 02 May 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Tank users who go out of their way to kill you when you're in passive mode deserve to be reported. When they behave like the fate of the world hangs on your death, running you over constantly or knocking you about with the tanks cannon, when all you are doing is going to the shops in passive mode. Then i say those players bite of their nose to spite their face im afraid. 

SBXHU2S.gifNo they don't, because the tank user is trying to teach that fool passive mode is not fool proof & to use it correctly

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

I hate tanks and lazers , but I would never report them. I pretty much only report wall-breachers, god moders, racists and obvious glitchers

Midnght
  • Midnght

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Even if u grief u shld not be reported, i though it's gta... Killing isn't wrong.

Got to disagree. But this all depends on your term of griefing.

Drive by kill me come back around after a bit or so that's fine.

But if your tracking me and spawn killing me. That's griefing.
Unless I'm in a mood where I simply don't care, or I feel like ticking you off by being in passive and make it so you can't kill me and your tool enough to stand araound trying till your bored and leave in which case I won. I do report for that when i'm fed up cause it just gets stupid.
There's fun and then there's just being a jerk ya feel me?

But reporting or kicking for cars? Pfft don't even care. That risk is on you and has nothing to do with me.

After you go into passive mode, is there really a need to reporting someone, even if they are legitimately using an in game mechanic? Using a tank make be a dick move, but I would never report someone fit using one even if they kill me multiple times, even though that doesn't happen since I enter a quick job to teleport away.

Oh naw when I'm being a passive mode jerk I don't report them. Like you said there's no point and I already feel superior cause they got bored and left. LOL Yeah I've pulled jobs to vanish on them to that's a fun tactic.

Midnght
  • Midnght

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

I hate tanks and lazers , but I would never report them. I pretty much only report wall-breachers, god moders, racists and obvious glitchers

I don't see a reason to report wall breachers if they're destroying the world. If they snipe me or kill me while they're in there that's a different story. I don't care what glitch yu use to mess with the cops or pedestrians but don't use them against players it's a rookie move and cheating.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

If Rockstar thought the tank was overpowered, they would have modified it or pulled it all together.  

Yeah, because Rockstar are perfect online game design geniuses and anything they put in GTA0 is right.  GTA0 is the best of all possible worlds; it is functioning exactly as it is designed, exactly as it should be, exactly as they want it.  Which is, "WHITE DOT BAD; KILL WHITE DOT."  Deep, deep game design, for sure.  

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

If Rockstar thought the tank was overpowered, they would have modified it or pulled it all together.  

Yeah, because Rockstar are perfect online game design geniuses and anything they put in GTA0 is right.  GTA0 is the best of all possible worlds; it is functioning exactly as it is designed, exactly as it should be, exactly as they want it.  Which is, "WHITE DOT BAD; KILL WHITE DOT."  Deep, deep game design, for sure.  

So because they allow you to kill people, that MUST be how it was intended to be played? The only genius I see here is you.

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

I understand why tank drivers get reported. It is for noobs and trolls but lazer needs some skills, reporting a lazer pilot is stupid because if he kills you, he plays good and killing you with good respected flying skills.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:34 AM Edited by ninjaontour, 03 May 2014 - 07:07 AM.

So because they allow you to kill people, that MUST be how it was intended to be played? 

YES.

• CrysisAverted likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

i've reported some tank griefers in the past

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

I get more intimidated when a tank is roaming the streets, but I still don't report if they haven't killed me. I've had a couple army jets swoop past in the past day or so and neither tried to harm me, so that's fine.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

So because they allow you to kill people, that MUST be how it was intended to be played? The only genius I see here is you.

I've never seen the game played any other way.  

• ninjaontour likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users