Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lazers and Tanks: Why do people report them?

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Tanks and Jets (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you report Jets or Tanks before they are openly aggressive?

1. Always. (3 votes [3.06%])

Percentage of vote: 3.06%

2. I have done in the past, but not often. (2 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

3. Never, what's the point? (93 votes [94.90%])

Percentage of vote: 94.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Cruising around in a Lazer earlier and got reported and voted to kick. Hadn't even killed anyone, or attempted to. Was just having fun swooping around the Alamo Sea.

This has also happened to me when rolling around in the Rhino. Why do people do that? I understand if you're being griefed, but reporting someone for using a vehicle you don't like is just completely pathetic in my opinion.

So gents, who reports people as soon as they see one of these vehicles, and why?

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Even if u grief u shld not be reported, i though it's gta... Killing isn't wrong.

backward_axis
  • backward_axis

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

IMO, the only time someone should be reported is when they are cheating in a manner that effects the gameplay of others. I don't think people should be reported just for being a legitimate d¡ckhole. You, certainly, shouldn't be reported for just hanging out, whether in a notorious vehicle or not.
  • DMC14 and ArmorKingHunter like this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

Answer the question as to why people suck and you will know.

I'll wish you the best of luck for that one though.

• al_balmer and backward_axis like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:59 PM Edited by saintsrow, 01 May 2014 - 10:02 PM.

If the people reporting you were close enough to hear and see your explosions, I can kind of see why they might possibly have gotten the mistaken impression that they were your target.   :p  :p An innocent mistake.  

EDIT:  PS:   good troll post OP.  

"Hey, I was just drivin' my tank around LSC firing my cannon continuously, and people got in my way and I accidently blew them up and ran over them.  10 times.  But I was just doing my own thing, minding my own business."  :)

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

If the people reporting you were close enough to hear and see your explosions, I can kind of see why they might possibly have gotten the mistaken impression that they were the target.   :p  :p An innocent mistake.  

There were no explosions mate, I was just floating about the Alamo like a lunatic doing spins and flying upside down and stuff.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by saintsrow, 01 May 2014 - 10:04 PM.

If the people reporting you were close enough to hear and see your explosions, I can kind of see why they might possibly have gotten the mistaken impression that they were the target.   :p  :p An innocent mistake.  

There were no explosions mate, I was just floating about the Alamo like a lunatic doing spins and flying upside down and stuff.

I hear you and believe you.  Sounds like the kind of thing that could have been done in Solo or Invite Only where you would not have to worry about getting unfairly reported.  

• GR Choke likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Let people play the open world game designed to allow you to do whatever you want the way they want.  If someone wants to use a tank, let them, they cant kill you unless you're a moron and go up to them.  Reporting them is pointless.  That's like reporting someone because they like a car you don't like.  Just let people play the game they paid for the way they want to.

• codename_duchess likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

I hear you and believe you.  Sounds like the kind of thing that could have been done in Solo or Invite Only where you would not have to worry about getting unfairly reported.  

The point is I shouldn't have to go to invite only. It's just a sad reflection of the people playing this game.

Let people play the open world game designed to allow you to do whatever you want the way they want.  If someone wants to use a tank, let them, they cant kill you unless you're a moron and go up to them.  Reporting them is pointless.  That's like reporting someone because they like a car you don't like.  Just let people play the game they paid for the way they want to.

This is exactly my point. I was looking for the peopl who do this to shed some light as to why because I just don't get it either.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitchł

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:12 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 01 May 2014 - 10:13 PM.

Cause...

Complaining: Online™
  • MrKush likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:15 PM Edited by The Angel King, 01 May 2014 - 11:03 PM.

Only acceptable time to report is when someone is hacking or using mods that effect others gaming experience. IE. Invisible, "god mode", etc. Does not include killing or griefing.

• SirPhilMcKraken, Miss Malevolent, DMC14 and 1 other like this

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

It's basically this i actually heard someone say this as their answer when his friend asked him why he reports everybody all the time...

If i can't have it or do that in a lazer i don't think anybody else should either.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitchł

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 01 May 2014 - 10:30 PM.

It's basically this i actually heard someone say this as their answer when his friend asked him why he reports everybody all the time...

If i can't have it or do that in a lazer i don't think anybody else should either.

Three cheers for entitlement culture!

Hip Hip, you're lame!

Hip Hip, you're lame!

Hip Hip, you're lame!

And after the person made this statement, did his mom come in and tell him to blow into the tissue like a good little boy?
  • Ballistic Jello, SirPhilMcKraken, Brock Elvis and 4 others like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

What a douche! People like that should all be in bad sport.

• Crunch McThornbody and Miss Malevolent like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:33 PM Edited by saintsrow, 01 May 2014 - 10:34 PM.

The point is I shouldn't have to go to invite only. It's just a sad reflection of the people playing this game.

Damn, that's EXACTLY the same thing I say when a tank or a Lazer kills me out of the blue.   :rol:

I'm not trying to single you out.  I realize that the point of your OP was that you were not causing people any trouble.  

But your argument is following exactly the logic of all the other people who say that they should be allowed to freely use their tank or Lazer in a free-roam session, and if people don't like it, they should go to Intive Only.  

I say, if a person wants to stunt-fly a Lazer or rampage in their tank against the NPCs and cops, and have no nefarious intentions toward other players, they could just as easily have that fun in Invite-Only.  

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 01 May 2014 - 10:36 PM.

-Snip-

Damn, that's EXACTLY the same thing I say when a tank or a Lazer kills me out of the blue.   :rol:

I'm not trying to single you out.  I realize that the point of your OP was that you were not causing people any trouble.  

But your argument is following exactly the logic of all the other people who say that they should be allowed to freely use their tank or Lazer in a free-roam session, and if people don't like it, they should go to Intive Only.  

I say, if a person wants to stunt-fly a Lazer or rampage in their tank against the NPCs and cops, and have no nefarious intentions toward other players, they could just as easily have that fun in Invite-Only.  

If I'm not supposed to use them in free-roam, they shouldn't be in free-roam. The fact that we have access to them is licence to use them as you see fit.

I feel that supersedes any complaint about how said vehicle is being used.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Three cheers for entitlement culture!

Hip Hip, you're lame!

Hip Hip, you're lame!

Hip Hip, you're lame!

And after the person made this statement, did his mom come in and tell him to blow into the tissue like a good little boy?

Sadly it was a young kid too.

No but he did get yelled at later on his mom for cussin'

• Miss Malevolent likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by Arya35, 01 May 2014 - 10:42 PM.

I should be able to fly the jet and spawn kill people if I please without having some butthurt player who can't turn passive mode on report me. Reporting should only be reserved for modders and hackers, and griefing shouldn't be a reportable offense, especially in a free roam game. Reporting someone before they even attack you is even worse.
  • ninjaontour likes this

Midnght
  • Midnght

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:45 PM Edited by Midnght, 01 May 2014 - 10:46 PM.

Even if u grief u shld not be reported, i though it's gta... Killing isn't wrong.

Got to disagree. But this all depends on your term of griefing.

Drive by kill me come back around after a bit or so that's fine.

But if your tracking me and spawn killing me. That's griefing.

Unless I'm in a mood where I simply don't care, or I feel like ticking you off by being in passive and make it so you can't kill me and your tool enough to stand araound trying till your bored and leave in which case I won. I do report for that when i'm fed up cause it just gets stupid.

There's fun and then there's just being a jerk ya feel me?

But reporting or kicking for cars? Pfft don't even care. That risk is on you and has nothing to do with me.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

-Snip-

If I'm not supposed to use them in free-roam, they shouldn't be in free-roam. The fact that we have access to them is licence to use them as you see fit.

I feel that supersedes any complaint about how said vehicle is being used.

This is analogous the the nature versus nurture debate.  Is GTA0 free-roam a sh*thole because of flawed human nature, or because of flawed game design?   :bored:

These kinds of questions are debated for centuries with no resolution.   :whuh:

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

Unless I'm in a mood where I simply don't care, or I feel like ticking you off by being in passive and make it so you can't kill me and your tool enough to stand araound trying till your bored and leave in which case I won. I do report for that when i'm fed up cause it just gets stupid.

But reporting or kicking for cars? Pfft don't even care. That risk is on you and has nothing to do with me.

After you go into passive mode, is there really a need to reporting someone, even if they are legitimately using an in game mechanic? Using a tank make be a dick move, but I would never report someone fit using one even if they kill me multiple times, even though that doesn't happen since I enter a quick job to teleport away.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

I possibly would consider it griefing if you didn't have the option of passive or to find a new session....

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

you can hear a tank miles away ... just try to avoid it 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

People are dicks they often vote to kick the highest player in the room. I get it often even when I'm out in the desert practicing my motor bike skills. As far as the reporting goes don't concern yourself....those same dicks get bad sport points for false reports. Keep playing how you play just be mindful of pvs.

Deadly Aviator
  • Deadly Aviator

Keep On Truckin'

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:27 AM Edited by Deadly Aviator, 02 May 2014 - 12:27 AM.

I only report people who are modding, purposely ruining missions or wallbreaching etc. Sometimes I'll report underage kids since I'm be going to the menu to mute them anyways.

Freeroam has no rules on killing people using intended game mechanics (such as tanks or jets) so you are the one at fault if you report them, no matter how many times you get killed.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:38 AM

Wow, 43 votes to 1 and the guy who said "Always" didn't leave a comment.

Where are all of these people?

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by rickreim, 02 May 2014 - 12:50 AM.

I never reported anyone in a tank or jet before. i usually send the twankers a text that says "tanks are for puzzies"

Last night after I spawned in freeroam, driving my pv, within 15 seconds a guy in a lazer blows me up. Ok, whatever. Then I spawn on street and within 5 seconds before I duck in an alley he blows me up again. So I send him a 1v1 dm invite (I never never send those, I hate them cause you can't see any other players on radar), but of course he's too chicken sh*t to accept.

I think since tanks and lazers are so OP, if you kill someone more than once you should be forced to accept a 1v1 dm if they send it. That would solve a whole bunch of griefing problems right there. Get them out from behind their OP vehicles and settle it like men. If you want to rampage, OK, but you can only have one kill per player for free. After that they're entitled to a 1v1 if they want it

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Whoever that one vote is for always... You're a f*cken idiot go play my little pony or something.

Aquaticwonder
  • Aquaticwonder

Lemonade.

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

Lol OP that K/D ratio. Kinda assuming you aren't always peaceful in those jets and tanks.

I only report someone for glitching in a way that negatively affects others. Griefing isn't glitching.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

Lol OP that K/D ratio. Kinda assuming you aren't always peaceful in those jets and tanks.

I only report someone for glitching in a way that negatively affects others. Griefing isn't glitching.

I am usually in the air, and if combat happens I usually win. Your assumption is bang on the money, but that's not my gripe this time.

I've been to Bad Sport for tanking a tonne of PV's. Didn't complain because I got what I deserved. This time I was being a good boy, and getting reported for it. That's just not cricket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users