Truffade Z-Type - worth the price tag?

71 replies to this topic
Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

You all assume it is from the 1930s, but have never seen a Morgan Aero...

its not a Morgan Aero nor does it resemble a Morgan Aero at all.
I question whether or not you have seen a Morgan Aero
uh huh... Because the headlights are in front of the grill. Ok, broseph. You got me. This simple fact totally denies the front end fender design of a Morgan.

Actually, it's in-game brand is Truffade, same as the Adder, so it's clearly a Bugatti-inspired design.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

uh huh... Because the headlights are in front of the grill. Ok, broseph. You got me. This simple fact totally denies the front end fender design of a Morgan.

Actually, it's in-game brand is Truffade, same as the Adder, so it's clearly a Bugatti-inspired design.

Thanks for clearing that up for me man.

It's not based on a Morgan Aero. It's based on a Buggati Type 57.

Bugatti_Type_57S_photo_3.jpg

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Edit: I love some of the comments in threads like this. Its like you gotta blare it to the world that you're a douchebag because someone has a different opinion than you.

madBrah? 
#soundzLikeIt

Forager
  • Forager

No Count A$$hole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me man.

It's not based on a Morgan Aero. It's based on a Buggati Type 57.

Bugatti_Type_57S_photo_3.jpg

Just adding some supporting documentation to your premise, and you're welcome!

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Trick

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by BoltActionAUT, 02 May 2014 - 10:49 PM.

Back, guys. So, I did my tests of the Z-Type, and I've got to say, it's a really solid vehicle. I did tests before I fully modded and after I fully modded it. so, without further adieu, here's my personal opinions of the vehicle.

Top Speed - The top speed of the vehicle, even before modification, is monstrous. For a sports classics, that is. Legendary Motorsports says that the top MPH is 130, but I find that to be blasphemy. It felt very fast for a car modeled after one from the 30's. And with a full set of modifications, I feel rather confident when I say that it can definitely beat out the Stinger, and quite possibly the Monroe. Z-Type > Monroe > Stinger

Acceleration - The acceleration of the Adder's grandpa was exactly what my wording just somewhat entitled; sluggish. When I initially drove it out of the garage, I immediately felt like I was driving a tortoise. I figured that the top speed would follow suit, but I was pleasantly surprised. Compared to the other sports classics, the feeling is really the same. I mean, what else do you expect from a car that is older than the people who are on GTA:O? Z-Type = Stinger = Monroe

Handling - Easily one of, if not best in class compared to others. The slipperiness in the back is so easily predicted and corrected that it really feels like driving a modern sports car instead of a classic. The tight but loose feel of the handling makes drifting somewhat of a task, but rewarding when you come out of a sharp turn without a scratch, after a badass slide. It also makes getting back on a straight path after a drift easy, too. Compared to the Stinger and the Monroe, it's almost no contest, in my opinion. The Stinger is blatantly lathered in butter, and the Monroe is a slightly better candidate for handling. But only slight. Z-Type > Monroe > Stinger

Braking - Achilles Heel of the car, before and after modifications took place. It was best comparable to the brakes of the Rocoto, in the sense that you don't stop, you slide until you would've normally stopped had you let off the gas and not initially hit the brake. In an urban area, it's very easy to hit things, especially with the length and width of the car mixed with the braking. The braking on the Z-Type looks like rubbish compared to the Stinger. If there's one thing a Grotti car can promise, it's pretty stunning brakes. Monroe's brakes aren't bad, but they aren't on par with the Stinger, if you ask me. Stinger > Monroe > Z-Type

Armor - This test was done mainly without any armor on any car, but I did put armor on them all afterwards and tried the same. The result? Yet another win for the Z-Type. With such a big size and heavy-feeling frame, it was pretty inevitable to me which car would survive my rigorous testing in this category. I did multiple things; I took it off of the ramp closest to the parking deck at the airport, and landed each car on it's front on top of the deck. I then took it to the sewer line and flipped it with the sudden elevation on the furthest right side, closest to the body of water. I also drove each car head on into a wall, and finally, I took each car off of Mt. Chiliad. The first test that I listed above, The Z-Type won. The only damage to the front of the car was one busted headlight, a large scratch across the grille, and a little disfiguration expected. The Monroe exploded. The Stinger caved in heavily, but did not explode. Second test, Monroe did best. It came out of the Talledega Nights, Ricky Bobby style flipping the best, with only scratches on the roof and a dent in the small lip on the trunk. Stinger suffered scratches on all sides of the vehicle, and busted windows. The Z-Type's back end dented pretty nicely, and got scratched like crazy. Z-Type took the wall treatment the best, followed by Monroe, then Stinger. The main event, Mt. Chiliad, proved who the true winner was. The Z-Type was battered from head to toe, but was the only vehicle to not explode from the intense beating of the treacherous mountain.

All in all, I would say that the Z-Type is definitely worth the money. The handling is incomparable to any other vehicle with some sort of speed in the Sports Classics category, the top speed is blinding, and the look of the car, when modified correctly, is a true beaute. Monroe would come in a close second, for some pretty inevitable reasons. But if you're looking to cruise in style and class, with the sacrifice of a crazy high top speed and decent handling, the Stinger is go to. It is, in my opinion, the best looking Sports Classic there is. Sadly, it will be sold, and ultimately replaced by the beauty shown below.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

The back is hideous  :barf:

The front looks good 

LogScottWood
  • LogScottWood

The People's Favourite

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Definitely get a Z-Type my friend. There's nothing else quite like it. It's extremely powerful, loads of fun round the corners and you'll batter anyone in a Sports Classic race. There are, however, a lot of people in this world who shy away from liking the obvious winners and instead prefer to idolise the paupers. This is why Lionel Richie is so popular when obviously Michael Jackson dicks on him, hands down.

Classic example below:

Look at these reasons to buy a Monroe. Complete twaddle. Note the lack of comment on speed and handling, you know, the criteria you actually base a car purchase on. This is typical school yard stuff. The big bad bullies drive the Z-Type, whilst the nerds who can't get in the football team opt for the Monroe because it has 'smooth lines'. Enjoy chess club, douchebag! We're off to nail cheerleaders and drink beer out of red cups.

Are you actually handicapped or just too pigheaded that you love to hear yourself talk?

Isn't that strange?

Oh we simply cannot, that'd be blasphemy right?

You know, there's other criteria to purchase a car other than its' raw performance - so funny too that a Monroe can race with a Z-Type huh - so strange, again, isn't it?

God forbid the folks that like the Ratloader, the Intruder, the Sentinels, so on and so forth right?

I got bored reading your response, so i'm just going to answer the questions you posed:

- I guess out of those two (handicapped or pigheaded) I am pigheaded. I do like the sound of my own voice, I frequently talk to myself. Sometimes I even sing to myself!

- I don't know

- I don't get it

- I understand. I don't think it's strange. Nothing about this is strange, it's just life really. Unless you're being sarcastic? I have no idea.

- People can like whatever vehicle they like, sure. I got no problem with that. Just like I have no problem with you chess club nerds rubbing one off over the Monroe.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:39 AM Edited by G37, 03 May 2014 - 11:45 AM.

You sure do have a fascination of boys who play chess rubbing one out, don't you? Can't say I have a problem with that myself, to each their own I suppose - actually, I do. That's pretty disturbing. Thankfully, there's medication for people like you. It's a poor analogy though. I'm somewhat curious why a demented mind such as yours ponders up those things or feels this deep desire to make irrational comments mixing fact and fiction.

A lot of disdain over the Monroe too, curious why this particular car seems to strike such a nerve with you. Bad experience? Were feelings hurt? Were your silly "alpha male" tendencies questioned? Broken? I'm sure it was a troubling time, there there. We are here to make sure you feel validated as someone who matters. Oh who am I kidding - you're just another shallow fool who thinks highly of himself with no valuable opinion or insight worth sharing.

Keep trying Mr. Bad Boy with your "I'm bored of your responses". 

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:13 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 03 May 2014 - 12:13 PM.

people always stand near my Z-Type inside the garage, from all the cars i got it's the one who makes people stop and look.

must be the bronze+yellow pearl=gold + chrome secondary paintjob.

i do have a monroe right next to it, i like both.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:19 PM Edited by jcph3, 03 May 2014 - 12:23 PM.

This is why Lionel Richie is so popular when obviously Michael Jackson dicks on him, hands down.

They're both Marvin Gaye's Biatches!

ON topic, the Z-type is a lot of fun to drive, with 40 garage spaces you have to have one!

Jay Leno's 1937 Bugati Atlantic Type 57

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Adds Giantsgiants to ignore list, people quote him and i have to see his hideous cars.

You are real life Bad Luck Brian.

How unfortunate.

• Spexo likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Really gotta take it out more often, that engine noise is beautiful. Shame I had to ruin it with a turbo really, but seeing as I hardly race it anyway I might take it off.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

No, its not worth it but that's kind of the point.

giphy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users