Tanks not paying insurance. community is at fault

78 replies to this topic
SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

its obvious that rockstar is going to release a new air vehicle soon... then you will be crying for tanks

MrKush
  • MrKush

We need Yachts

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

If you get your PV blown up by a tank more than once in the same session, you obviously are to blame. The first time is of course an accident, you roll up on a blip that u didn't know was a tank, it happens.

Anything after that is on you. Its sucks that first time yeah. But is it the end of the world? Certainly isn't to me. Maybe for u adder/entity lovers.

Lmao just realizing that's totally why most of you complain about this so much. My insurance has never been more than the 6K or so for a Turismo. Normally much less. I never get killed by a tank more than once. ~~ Magic ~~

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

i just blew up a poor guy's car two times in my tank,and I didn't pay anything.so if you don't want to become a bad sport and keep griefing other people,you should use your tank wisely,like don't run over passive mode players,don't use a jet.then you should be fine.

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

Cruising in a tank in peace has NEVER HAPPENED.

Hey I can actually say I've done it..my tank always only came out to shoot at cops at get 5 stars
  • am30 likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

OP you do know that there is a bitching and moaning topic, correct?

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

F*cking Marine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

OP you do know that there is a bitching and moaning topic, correct?

Did you notice I wasnt bitching and moaning tho. I was pointing out to the community that its thier fault tanks pay no insurance. I see bitching and moaning about it all the time but I think people forget that it was their griefing tank drivers by engaging and running thier cars under stationary tanks that caused a stationary tank to not pay insurance

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

1. Never met a "peaceful" tank.

2. Easy fix - make driving into a tank the same as driving into every other object in the f*cking game, why do they seem to be coated in some explosive material? That way the tank driver doesn't pay insurance for others driving into it but does if they drive over a car to destroy it. The decision to make tanks behave differently on impact is the problem here and it's an easy fix.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

so the reason for all the asshats in tanks

is all the asshats not in tanks?

makes sense

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Oh I remember the early days when I used to use my tank and people would crash their cars into it.  I didn't care since I was broke after buying that tank and back then you lost $2000 every time you died and passive mode would cost $100.  I killed those people before they could activate passive mode and drained their bank accounts so they couldn't even get into passive mode.  You get what you deserve.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

Peaceful tanks... That's like Jersey shore without douche bags.  Doesn't exist.

You've clearly never been in a lobby with me then.

Arazern
  • Arazern

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

if you werent being a d!ck in your tank, they wouldnt crash they car into you

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

i just blew up a poor guy's car two times in my tank,and I didn't pay anything.so if you don't want to become a bad sport and keep griefing other people,you should use your tank wisely,like don't run over passive mode players,don't use a jet.then you should be fine.

Avoid everything what makes fun.

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Tanks still pay if there if no one is in the vehicle.

False. The distinction is movement. If the tank fires at a car while moving, it pays insurance. If it's not moving, no insurance.

Source, someone blew up my car without me in it while stationary yesterday and I had to pay insurance.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

100% BADASS.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Tanks still pay if there if no one is in the vehicle.

False. The distinction is movement. If the tank fires at a car while moving, it pays insurance. If it's not moving, no insurance.

Source, someone blew up my car without me in it while stationary yesterday and I had to pay insurance.

Hmmm..maybe I should tank troll more often.

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

Avoid everything what makes fun.
of course crashing those poor fools and blowing up PVs from above are fun,but if you do these too many times,you will become a bad sport.i don't think you like some tank vs tank battles.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by Vooodu, 01 May 2014 - 01:19 PM.

The real fault lies in R* hands.

Insurance.. does not work. Bad Sports doesn't work either.  

I could get attacked by 6 players in a Adder.. If i blew them up with a RPG i get stuck with a $68 000 insurance claim and a bunch of bs warning. While the attackers get stuck with a medical billl.. Unless they are passive.  But they could be attacking me while they are passive as they drove the adders.  So it would be more then $68 000

But...With a tank.  After the one time purchase I can replace that tank anytime i want for a small fee and avoid paying insurance and BS. So while i go around blowing up players in PV they not only have to pay the insurance but their medical bills too.

So. Lets face it, free roam is a money suck pit.  Every PVP encounter in free roam is designed to 'suck' money from everyone.  Even if you play a solo/invite only free roam sooner or later you will get dumped into a public game whether you like it or not.

The real question is... Why is there insurance?  Why does an Adder cost $12 000 to replace while a tank costs under a $1000?  Thats not fair and its not balanced.  Players 99% of the time attack from their PV..so insurance should just be a simple flat rate like the tank.

But we all know why is like this... Cash Cards.  Its as simple as that.       Basically R* feeds the trolls because trolls feed on cash..   Less cash means more players tempted to buy cash cards.       

• Jwanna99 likes this

Jwanna99
  • Jwanna99

Domestic Battery

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

The guy above me is a freaking genius, he knows EXACTLY what he is talking about. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

Only bad decission making is to blame for this situation.

I know that in America everything explodes for no reason (joke, don't go mad), but if you crash into a tank it should be no different to a wall.

Then that troll (more like anti-troll) kamikaze thing would have never worked, and tanks would pay all the time as they could only destroy stuff intentionally. And our free roam would only see tanks rarelly thanks to BS system.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

F*cking Marine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Bs imo is dumb anyways

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users