Photo

Randy's rules of engagement

43 replies to this topic
RandyTheMental
  • RandyTheMental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

Not going to beat around the bush with a bunch of introductory B.S. You don't care who I am and you only care about what I have to say if it gives you a chance to voice your own opinions. and that's fine. Not much different myself.

This is an honor code. I spend most of my time online unbiasedly murdering every player I come across ((or getting murdered, depends on how my day goes)) and I still feel that as part of a somewhat civilized society, there are certain rules that should be considered when looking to have a good time via senseless violence. You will either agree or disagree, but I hope that these tiny adjustments to our routines and habits will be adapted by more people, if only to make the online world slightly less hair pulling. Here's my list.

1. Don't harass people in shops-In my experience, this rarely comes up. Though when it does it's a bit of a pain in the ass. If you are doing any of the following you wouldn't really want a dickhead showing up and blowing your brains out, try to extend that courtesy to others. Buying new clothes, changing your hairstyle, shopping for masks, and restocking health supplies ((ego chasers, p's and q's, meteorites, typical convenience store stuff) are all moments where you wouldn't want to be attacked, and you definitely wouldn't want to be trapped by some dick parking a car in front of the door. Also, either wait until I'm done restocking health supplies to rob the convenience store, or assume I'm going to rob it and pick another one ((or help me escape and make a buddy)) The 1.5k in cash you're going to average for robbing it, is not really worth the pissing contest that will erupt if you shoot me in the back.Because most people can't really let things go when they have thousands of bullets and can't be permanently killed.

2. Don't attack afk people-Maybe they're smoking a cigarette, maybe they're rolling a blunt, maybe their mom or dad called them,Maybe their girlfriend((or boyfriend,nothing is too strange in the realm of man)) is currently bitching them out about playing GTA online too much, Maybe they suddenly had to take a huge dump. For whatever reason, at some time or another, most of us have to step away from the game suddenly. There is no pause mode, passive is as broken as it was when the game launched. Leave people the hell alone when they aren't there to defend themselves. You're not a tough guy for shooting a stationary target that can't defend itself, you're a sissy who only wants to fight when the other person can't defend themselves, and sooner or later you're going to be on the receiving end of a sound ass-whooping. If you don't run away like the sissy you are. Don't feel too bad if you are a sissy though. I had a lot of fun with those last time I was in prison.

3. If you are up on someone by 5 or more kills- This one has a caveat to it ((Look it up dumb ass)) But first the rule. If you are up on someone by 5 or more kills and it's not a deathmatch or any other pvp based mode, leave them alone. You aren't proving anything by picking on inept players, and eventually this kind of behavior will turn players off from the game. It goes without saying((but I'm saying it anyway)) that an online multiplayer experience isn't much of an experience without multiple players. Two exceptions to this rule, If they won't back off, keep whooping their asses until they do. If they started it, don't stop hunting them until they rage quit. Maybe next time they'll think twice about picking a fight with a stranger ((but probably not))

And that's it. Not a terribly long or complicated list of rules. Even the most kill happy of people can add these rules into their game-play experience and not feel terribly limited. It's all just common courtesy. and if you can't, don't worry too much. society caters to douche bags who only care about their own personal gain anyway, you're already on the fast track to social and career based success ((assuming you stop playing GTA online so much.)) 

• xoC18H21NO3xo, Rocktopper and Imposssible like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

I take it all these things happened to you, multiple times?

• sam1ches, AiraCobra, TimelyMeerkat and 3 others like this

sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Your rules of engagement do not apply to me.

• sam1ches likes this

jeremy34567
  • jeremy34567

Night Owl

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

Rules: How not to be a Dick

• AiraCobra likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

f*ck that sh*t OP.

I do what I want!

• jeremy34567 likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Nice novel...

But not a bad code of honor there... I specially love this bit: 

I spend most of my time online unbiasedly murdering every player I come across ((or getting murdered, depends on how my day goes)) 

Why? because almost everyone on these forums claims to be the ultimate badass, I-never-die type.

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:39 AM Edited by homeskillet, 30 April 2014 - 04:42 AM.

Play in a private session or deal with the minuscule inconvenience of being killed.

How is being killed when you are afk the slightest problem anyway?

It's all completely avoidable.

You are just a pussy.

• SP1D3R-ZA likes this

RandyTheMental
  • RandyTheMental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Play in a private session or deal with the minuscule inconvenience of being killed.

You are just a pussy.

I don't care what you have to say.Now or ever. I will repeat that.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. NOW OR EVER.

Nice novel...

I spend most of my time online unbiasedly murdering every player I come across ((or getting murdered, depends on how my day goes)) 

Why? because almost everyone on these forums claims to be the ultimate badass, I-never-die type.

Because I won the genetic lottery and was fortunate enough to be born with a penis of such a size that I don't have to bolster my self confidence and sense of worth with meaningless competition and pointless braggadocio. Also because I'm a f*ck mothering adult who has an entire plethora of ways of achieving self fulfillment outside of video game accomplishments.

But mostly because I have more deaths than kills.

randyismental.jpg

• adamsowilliams, Zondar and Rocktopper like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

Because I won the genetic lottery and was fortunate enough to be born with a penis of such a size that I don't have to bolster my self confidence and sense of worth with meaningless competition and pointless braggadocio. 

Forget what I said...

• Zondar and RandyTheMental like this

RandyTheMental
  • RandyTheMental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

Because I won the genetic lottery and was fortunate enough to be born with a penis of such a size that I don't have to bolster my self confidence and sense of worth with meaningless competition and pointless braggadocio. 

Forget what I said...

Hey, don't mind me. My day isn't complete until I've made at least one person feel weird in some way about something I've said or done.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Didnt real there was some kind of honor code wow and here i am getting a kick out of trapping people in shops or locking them in my car IM SORRY WORLD FORGIVE ME
  • sam1ches likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

Stop spamming your own thread with childish comebacks you are only asking for it to be locked

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:06 AM Edited by Fail_At_GTA, 30 April 2014 - 06:06 AM.

Nice novel...

But some people don't die.   ;)

@AiraCobra

Jeez man, quit mini modding every single thread.

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

Didnt real there was some kind of honor code wow and here i am getting a kick out of trapping people in shops or locking them in my car IM SORRY WORLD FORGIVE ME

oh yes. trapping a person in a shop is the greatest joy. praise baby jesus

Izhevsk M44
  • Izhevsk M44

Vapid Stanier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Lol. Lvl 51 noob. STFU.
  • EarthboundMysfit likes this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

You are just a pussy.

I don't care what you have to say.Now or ever. I will repeat that.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. NOW OR EVER.

Then why do you keep reading the replies? You even said yourself it was fine if I voice my opinion.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

wow if i follow atleast one of this rules i simply would have -50% of fun while playing...

i really enjoy killing people while they are shopping, love to kill them inside the shop then have my autoshutgun greet their PV.

going afk? put passive and move out of the street. last week a completed the silver award for grenade kills with a guy that was afk, i blew that bastart 25 times an collected $500 with every kill hahaha

i like to grief people so rule #3 is simply out, if i choose you as my target, you would get griefed til you leave the session or til my console freeze. i once killed a guy 58 times!

TL;DR THIS OP RULES SUCKS!!!!

weaklandwarrior
  • weaklandwarrior

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

Try invite only?

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:59 AM Edited by Im2akillerfish, 30 April 2014 - 06:59 AM.

1. Passive mode. Whenever you enter a shop in Public free roam, enable passive mode.

2. Passive mode + ledge + under a roof/Shop. They cant crush you under a car or a helicopter.

3. Agree with 3, kind of. I don't even attack other players unless they start it/fight back.

These are just tips, I'm not trying to argue. But Passive mode does wonders when you use it.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

Not going to beat around the bush with a bunch of introductory B.S. You don't care who I am and you only care about what I have to say if it gives you a chance to voice your own opinions. and that's fine. Not much different myself.

This is an honor code. I spend most of my time online unbiasedly murdering every player I come across ((or getting murdered, depends on how my day goes)) and I still feel that as part of a somewhat civilized society, there are certain rules that should be considered when looking to have a good time via senseless violence. You will either agree or disagree, but I hope that these tiny adjustments to our routines and habits will be adapted by more people, if only to make the online world slightly less hair pulling. Here's my list.

1. Don't harass people in shops-In my experience, this rarely comes up. Though when it does it's a bit of a pain in the ass. If you are doing any of the following you wouldn't really want a dickhead showing up and blowing your brains out, try to extend that courtesy to others. Buying new clothes, changing your hairstyle, shopping for masks, and restocking health supplies ((ego chasers, p's and q's, meteorites, typical convenience store stuff) are all moments where you wouldn't want to be attacked, and you definitely wouldn't want to be trapped by some dick parking a car in front of the door. Also, either wait until I'm done restocking health supplies to rob the convenience store, or assume I'm going to rob it and pick another one ((or help me escape and make a buddy)) The 1.5k in cash you're going to average for robbing it, is not really worth the pissing contest that will erupt if you shoot me in the back.Because most people can't really let things go when they have thousands of bullets and can't be permanently killed.

2. Don't attack afk people-Maybe they're smoking a cigarette, maybe they're rolling a blunt, maybe their mom or dad called them,Maybe their girlfriend((or boyfriend,nothing is too strange in the realm of man)) is currently bitching them out about playing GTA online too much, Maybe they suddenly had to take a huge dump. For whatever reason, at some time or another, most of us have to step away from the game suddenly. There is no pause mode, passive is as broken as it was when the game launched. Leave people the hell alone when they aren't there to defend themselves. You're not a tough guy for shooting a stationary target that can't defend itself, you're a sissy who only wants to fight when the other person can't defend themselves, and sooner or later you're going to be on the receiving end of a sound ass-whooping. If you don't run away like the sissy you are. Don't feel too bad if you are a sissy though. I had a lot of fun with those last time I was in prison.

3. If you are up on someone by 5 or more kills- This one has a caveat to it ((Look it up dumb ass)) But first the rule. If you are up on someone by 5 or more kills and it's not a deathmatch or any other pvp based mode, leave them alone. You aren't proving anything by picking on inept players, and eventually this kind of behavior will turn players off from the game. It goes without saying((but I'm saying it anyway)) that an online multiplayer experience isn't much of an experience without multiple players. Two exceptions to this rule, If they won't back off, keep whooping their asses until they do. If they started it, don't stop hunting them until they rage quit. Maybe next time they'll think twice about picking a fight with a stranger ((but probably not))

And that's it. Not a terribly long or complicated list of rules. Even the most kill happy of people can add these rules into their game-play experience and not feel terribly limited. It's all just common courtesy. and if you can't, don't worry too much. society caters to douche bags who only care about their own personal gain anyway, you're already on the fast track to social and career based success ((assuming you stop playing GTA online so much.)) 

I'll give this rules back at you , OP

griefing in lobby & RR farming is satisfy me

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

honor code of any sort does not apply in GTA once you realize most randoms are huge hypocritical assholes.

all white dots can go f*ck themselves 

RandyTheMental
  • RandyTheMental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

honor code of any sort does not apply in GTA once you realize most randoms are huge hypocritical assholes.

It's a bias towards the negative I'm afraid. In my experience the only time I really have to deal with lunatics are when I'm secretly hoping for lunatics to show up and try to murder me so I can attempt to murder them ((which for some odd reason, almost always comes in the form of me being run the f*ck over)). I generally tend to find indifferent people who don't give a damn about me and merely wish to go on their own way, or people who were secretly hoping someone who wouldn't shoot them on site would show up so they would have someone else to participate in gta style shenanigans with. 

Which is not to deny the psychopaths. They certainly exist and I proudly count myself amongst their ranks. But they are not the only players who play. It just seems that way when we focus on it and prepare ourselves to expect it.  

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

It's a bias towards the negative I'm afraid. In my experience the only time I really have to deal with lunatics are when I'm secretly hoping for lunatics to show up and try to murder me so I can attempt to murder them ((which for some odd reason, almost always comes in the form of me being run the f*ck over)). I generally tend to find indifferent people who don't give a damn about me and merely wish to go on their own way, or people who were secretly hoping someone who wouldn't shoot them on site would show up so they would have someone else to participate in gta style shenanigans with. 

Which is not to deny the psychopaths. They certainly exist and I proudly count myself amongst their ranks. But they are not the only players who play. It just seems that way when we focus on it and prepare ourselves to expect it.  

through my experience, i always exit my garage expecting to be greeted with a campy asswipe, or a tank(with a campy asswipe inside)

then GTA style shenanigans get interrupted by CoD style bullsh*t

it's a bias, but i can't help it, all whites get the finger  :beerhat:

• RandyTheMental likes this

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

i got to "honor code" and just stopped reading.

this isnt real combat. people dont really die.

this is a video game. meant to have fun.

the MINUTE we start following "user generated rules" that involve us caring and sharing while at the same time remain completely unenforceable is the minute the game stops being fun.

RandyTheMental
  • RandyTheMental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:09 AM Edited by RandyTheMental, 30 April 2014 - 08:14 AM.

the MINUTE we start following "user generated rules" that involve us caring and sharing while at the same time remain completely unenforceable is the minute the game stops being fun.

Can't make you read it if you don't want to. Least you were honest about the fact that you didn't. Though, the entire point of these rules isn't to reign in the collective chaos. Merely that if you don't like these things being done to you personally, don't do it to others. If you're fine with them happening to you then by all means, keep doing them.

it's a bias, but i can't help it, all whites get the finger   :beerhat:

I hope you don't mind if I take that out of context and use it as a signature, because that is comedy gold.

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

Some douche trapped me in a clothes store the other day.  I invited a friend to the session, left, then came back and used the Jet to blow the dickhead up several times.  Put a bounty on them then blew up his PV at no charge.  They got another bounty stealing a ride after spawning.  I waited for them to get into another personal vehicle and blew that one up too.  1 Adder and 1 Turismo R destroyed at no cost to me.  Was hilarious.  I kept them trapped in alleys for a little while until they left.  I was shocked they didn't go into passive mode at any point

• sam1ches likes this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

Good points, made in a rather too aggressive manner. I mostly stick by them anyway but occasionally I get a bit dickish!
CarimboHanky - 58 times? I like you but that was dickish! :-D

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:27 AM Edited by Ninjambie, 30 April 2014 - 08:28 AM.

Lol. Lvl 51 noob. STFU.

How does he have more deaths than kills but still hold a positive k/d? :/

Lol you the noob, noob.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Can't make you read it if you don't want to. Least you were honest about the fact that you didn't. Though, the entire point of these rules isn't to reign in the collective chaos. Merely that if you don't like these things being done to you personally, don't do it to others. If you're fine with them happening to you then by all means, keep doing them.

it's a bias, but i can't help it, all whites get the finger   :beerhat:

I hope you don't mind if I take that out of context and use it as a signature, because that is comedy gold.

be my guest

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

In real combat there is no honor code either.
  • SolidSnails likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users