Photo

If R* Increased Mission Payouts..

38 replies to this topic
BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:41 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 30 April 2014 - 05:46 AM.

Like some said, missions have to have their rewards balanced around their difficulty and also their average time to finish. So many fun missions are underplayed just because they don't pay enough. Rooftop Rumble should be around 10,000$ on hard. Stocks and Scares should stay 18,750$ or minimun 15,000$. Can't be sure which would be around 20,000$. Maybe Extradition, Los Santos Connection or Lester's "Get Cargobob, steal Crate" missions.

• saintsrow and im a towel like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

If the ls connection and base invaders along with other fave missions got a boost then yes. Currently replays of ls connection are 5k and base invaders is 3k. Both will cost you about even in ammo give or take so you dont profit

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:16 AM Edited by saintsrow, 30 April 2014 - 07:18 AM.

Like some said, missions have to have their rewards balanced around their difficulty and also their average time to finish. So many fun missions are underplayed just because they don't pay enough. Rooftop Rumble should be around 10,000$ on hard. Stocks and Scares should stay 18,750$ or minimun 15,000$. Can't be sure which would be around 20,000$. Maybe Extradition, Los Santos Connection or Lester's "Get Cargobob, steal Crate" missions.

Indeed, the payouts are crap, and exactly as you say, fun missions get shortchanged.  I have no idea what the hell Rockstar is thinking.  I stopped playing missions except for maybe one a week, just for some variety, because the time, effort and probability of success are so low relative to the bleak payout.  

Difficult, interesting missions like Stock and Scares should have a high payout.  I didn't know what the big hoopla was about RR until I joined it the other night and got huge payout and RP, and now I understand why everybody grinds it.  

I have no idea what the hell Rockstar is thinking.  How hard is it to do basic game design?  The difficult part of GTA0 is done -- the beautiful, physical virtual world exists.  But the gameplay designers?  What are they, the summer interns?  

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

If the ls connection and base invaders along with other fave missions got a boost then yes. Currently replays of ls connection are 5k and base invaders is 3k. Both will cost you about even in ammo give or take so you dont profit

I've seen people (maybe you?) say this before. I get 18k from base invaders every time, solo hard auto aim. Since I use a buzzard, that's pretty much clear profit...but even with ammo costs its ok.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Are you playing them on easy?

Because the payout for base invaders is 3k on easy but around $15-18,000 on hard.

JoeSkillz
  • JoeSkillz

Mutts Cutts

• BUSTED!
  • Albania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Increased payouts? No.

New missions made by Rockstar? Yes. 

ChrisV
  • ChrisV

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

if they did they wouldn't sell as much cash cards

so it's never gonna happen :)

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Missions should pay based on difficulty.  So Method in the Madness should pay the most.

One man's difficult mission is another's walk in the park. Or so the wise man once said.

Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Zuracation 仮面女子

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Depends how much increase you want on the missions.

For example; Rooftop Rumble is currently $18,750, what would you want the increase up to? $25,000?

I think what they are doing is keeping a steady amount for each mission, if they increase the payout on missions then the heists (whenever they come out) would be pointless to do them, a heist could be $70,000 for a 15 minute completion. So doing RR about 4 times (as it takes about 3 minutes to do) would get you over the heist amount easily in less time. So no one would actually do Heists, other than for fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users