Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Most Difficult Mission-Specific Unique/Proof Vehicle?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic
Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:48 PM Edited by Militia, 16 May 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Why are you determined to derail a perfectly good thread? Please stop with all the hate comments, if you have a problem with someone, take it to PM before a mod decides to ban you.

Don't worry, man.  I got a PM from a forum member telling me to ignore this guy as all he will do is keep on ranting and eventually send me threating PM's which I am supposed to REPORT.  Ultimately, hoping he gets banned.  Look in the SA forum...He replies to tons of sh*t and also has two locked topics...He's another one of these parasites on this forum and it's only a matter of time before he's gone.  I was about to report one of his posts but then 2 seconds later it was removed.  So I guess the good ol' admins/mods having been watching his dumbass comments for a while now! :)

• chrisscorsese88 likes this

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Why are you determined to derail a perfectly good thread? Please stop with all the hate comments, if you have a problem with someone, take it to PM before a mod decides to ban you.

Don't worry, man.  I got a PM from a forum member telling me to ignore this guy as all he will do is keep on ranting and eventually send me threating PM's which I am supposed to REPORT.  Ultimately, hoping he gets banned.  Look in the SA forum...He replies to tons of sh*t and also has two locked topics...He's another one of these parasites on this forum and it's only a matter of time before he's gone.  I was about to report one of his posts but then 2 seconds later it was removed.  So I guess the good ol' admins/mods having been watching his dumbass comments for a while now! :)

Haha, im a parasite ? i found more glitches as u my friend. My topics gets locked so a certain mod ( wont call name ) gets some powerfull feeling when fuking around with my posts/topics. As far as i read this is all old so what are u contributing?, u seem like a parasite. You really dont know what you talking about. Maybe you can get the helicopter from up up and away by my attrium glitch, owh wait i deleted that all. So lil weasel ive seen u sended a pm to militia but you cant respond to me ?, now hurry and read my older topics to see its edited and you can delete it and finally ban me. Or you still that ignorant to think im posting usefull stuff in the sa section again?. I thought after ' black low rider ' post u would be smart enough to check if i didnt edited my other posts to. Militia good luck on really getting 100% and getting proofed cars that already found 10years ago. Lil weasel u to all luck in the world and keep up the ingnorance.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by 0909090, 16 May 2014 - 03:43 PM.

Yes, she is dead.  Btw, doesn't Millie drive the AP Feltzer?  I don't need that as I have the AP Feltzer already from End of the Line mission.

I "am" interested in the girlfriend vehicles but this stuff makes 0 sense to me.  Idk even how to meet Katie, Barbera, etc...And Denise is below 1%.  In fact, her relationship status doesn't even show in my Pause menu anymore.  However, I see the heart on my map in Los Santos with that red mission marker.  But yeah, very confusing this stuff...

I mean, I have my save backed up on a USB and can still go back to getting the AP Fire Truck, however currently I moved on and am working on collectables and already passed End of the Line...

AP Sultan?  Doesn't the AP Sultan and AP Packer require cheat codes?  It says this on GTA Wiki that these require cheats.  Even on Youtube people use ONE cheat to obtain both.  They put the AP Packer in the Impound and the AP Sultan in their garage.  I don't use cheats and never will, though.

Girlfriends' locations
Katie
Helena (5:36)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgrgZtn074k Barbara (24:35)

Michelle spawns inside driving school (you may need to reenter a few times to get it spawn

IIRC once the relationship status is below 0% or very close around it, the girlfriend will disappear from your stats; however, she won't dump you until the progress is -15%, which is kinda hard to keep track of since it doesn't show in the stats anymore. And yes, Millie drives a pink comprehensiveproof Feltzer, it's essentially the same vehicle as in the End of the Line mission, only difference is that you can obtain Millie's Feltzer whenever you want.

Since you are playing on the PS3 you have no option to check your save with a save editor or trainer (maybe there is a possibility, but as Orion said it's probably not worth your time), so you will have to test yourself whether scripts are active. Go meet one of the girlfriends, take her to the restaurant and after the dinner wait 7 seconds and there's a 50% chance that jealous girlfriend will spawn if you have the scripts active. If it doesn't spawn, reload and try a few more times. If it doesn't work anyway, the scripts are probably disabled, so you will either have to start a new save or possibly modify your current game somehow (I am not sure whether this is possible on the PS3).

If everything goes well and jealous girfriends are active you can start your own collection. You can use a few strategies I mentioned in my last post (kill girlfriends who can be remeet in order to increase the chance of spawning a particular car (jealous girlfriend). Also, by the way, as Orion said I forgot to mention that Michelle is also available from the very beginning, though it's a bit more tricky to meet her requirements. Helena is available right after The Green Sabre, in case you don't know.

Also, I advise you to read the entire topic about Proofed cars from Girlfriends as it contains strategies and information that you might find useful.

EDIT: Damn, the last video link I posted doesn't seem to work, I don't know why. Just paste the link to open it in another tab then.

• android and Militia like this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:44 PM Edited by OrionSR, 16 May 2014 - 06:56 PM.

Barbara (24:35)

EDIT: Damn, the last video link I posted doesn't seem to work, I don't know why.

There appears to be a limit of two youtube tags per post. It doesn't look like manual editing can get around this, and it might irritate the moderators if we bypassed this (implied? by rule? by code?) limit so I'm not going to try.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

@Orion and 0909090, thanks for the info.  Maybe I will look into this girlfriend stuff tomorrow.  I'd be damned if I can actually obtain one or two or them...Hell, I'd like all 5 of them (Not the Feltzer as I already have an AP Feltzer from EotL mission)...

This is going off topic, but quick question.  Is it possible to download SA for PC (Free download) and use my PS3 controller on the PC?  If it's possible, I honestly might think about doing this.  So many people I chat with love playing PC GTA games and also on PC you got all those save editor/trainer stuff and it can be very useful.

I know Hazard has a Save Editor for GTA V which works on consoles.  I actually use it for GTA V modding.  However, I am sh*t outta luck for the PS2 era games unless I get them for PC.  So, is it possible to get a download of SA for PC and use my PS3 controller to play?  Or...?

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

@Militia; To use a PS3 controller on a PC, you need a program called Better DS3. Here's an article on how to--> http://www.digitaltr...to-a-pc/#!N2ZYR

Can't tell you how to get it for free though... (Not to mention it'll be considered warez)

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

@Militia; To use a PS3 controller on a PC, you need a program called Better DS3. Here's an article on how to--> http://www.digitaltr...to-a-pc/#!N2ZYR

Can't tell you how to get it for free though... (Not to mention it'll be considered warez)

Thanks man! :)

I am gonna look into the PC platform and using a PS3 controller.  If I can do such a thing, I will probably find a legit full download of GTA III, VC, and SA.  I want that FBI Truck in SA! :p

Too bad it can't be obtained and isn't even in the actual game for PS2/3.  However, it can be obtained via modding on the PC.  PC rules.  Not sure why I never bothered looking into this platform.  Maybe I am stuck in my ways, lol :p

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

No, unfortunately, you can't download San Andreas for free. It is, however, available on Steam so if you want you can pick it up during the sales or even now it's really cheap.

• android and Militia like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by Militia, 16 May 2014 - 07:21 PM.

No, unfortunately, you can't download San Andreas for free. It is, however, available on Steam so if you want you can pick it up during the sales or even now it's really cheap.

I am pretty computer-savy and believe I can find a Download for this.  I know where to look! :)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by OrionSR, 16 May 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Be careful how you phrase this. If you imply your download is not legal you may suddenly find yourself shut out of all conversations.

I think the current status of the AP Sultan and AP Packer are that cheats are still required. I too, rarely use cheats unless I need to test something, which is why I'm not too familiar with this collections. I may be off on the details, especially for individual methods, but the story from my perspective is that there was sudden influx of new vehicles fairly recently when the local collectors synced up with the new research out of eastern Europe. It is my understanding that our collecting comrades had recently discovered our documentation for the girlfriend cars and impound lots so they noticed when we started posting links to their videos and joined the conversation here at GTAForums.

The Russian language forum has a much different attitude towards using cleo and other modding tricks to make unique collections. Around here the attitude is pretty much, if you are going to use cleo then why not spawn whatever you want - stop wasting our time. But the GTA.ru group often used what they learned to progress the method away from coding to cheats, which makes the vehicle available to console players so it's a major step forward. It's my impression that their liberal strategies have allowed them to make unique progress, so I've tried to be a little more open minded about the strengths of various methods.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Lol, yeah, 0909090 told me to be careful as well about talking downloads for PC...

Yeah, that's what I thought about the AP Packer and AP Sultan.  They can only be acquired if you use cheats.  I don't believe one single person on the entire web has found a way to obtain them without using cheats.  And it sucks, too.  Only ONE cheat is used to obtain the Sultan and Packer.  I just wish the one single cheat wasn't needed.  I had the AP Sultan on my list to obtain before re-playing SA for the 2nd time, but later found out it was a cheat vehicle, so I skipped it of course.

It's not fair that the PC can be heavily modded and not the console.  I find it strange how Hazard created a save editor for PS3 and Xbox360 that works for GTA V nearly flawlessly.  But why is there no such thing as a save editor for the PS2 games unless played on PC?!  It's not fair! :/  LOL

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by Militia, 17 May 2014 - 07:05 PM.

@OrionSR, lets here what you think of the AP Boxville in how difficult it is to obtain.

I obtained it...Quite easily actually, but it did require about a total of 10 or a bit less attempts at using the Fire Truck to knock it down the road.

You know what's awesome about this vehicle in my case?  I was about to move on and not obtain it.  I said to myself "this is the last try, if I get it, GREAT, if not, oh well, I am moving on."  .....The very next try, I hit the Boxville PERFECTLY down the hill.  Actually, it couldn't of been a better hit.  It was lined up PERFECTLY to say the least.

The AP Boxville was one of the vehicles that required a death.  So was the AP/EC Maverick and the AP Mothership.  Maybe they didn't ACTUALLY require a death, however, it's what I saw on Youtube for all the videos about these vehicles, so I just did it that way as well...

Also, what do you think about the AP Mothership in how difficult it is to obtain?  I literally had NO problems with this vehicle and did it 2nd or 3rd try.  Not sure why it's rated like a 4 1/2 out of 5.  To me, it's like a 2 1/2 out of 5 or maybe a 3 out of 5 max...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by OrionSR, 18 May 2014 - 12:17 AM.

If you want to know what's new in the field of unique vehicles in GTA III era games you might want to translate the FAQs on the GTA.ru site. I'm only familiar with some of their work on vehicles in San Andreas, but the same team was applying their strategies to GTA III and Vice City as well. For future reference, these players occasionally update the guide completely in a new topic, but that topic is usually near the top of the list if you backtrack one layer to the San Andreas forum. In the past I've had better luck with Microsoft's translator actually finishing the whole page; might be worth experimenting again by now.

Unique and Rare Vehicles - San Andreas v16

Unique and Rare Vehicles - San Andreas (translated by Bing)

The current save editors can safely edit some parts of PS2 saves, and a lot more is possible, but there's not much point in a new tool as it probably won't get much use. There aren't many players with the software required to move saves between PC and PS2. Copying files is easy on PS3 but other factors prevent modifications. The SA save editors aren't as powerful as you might hope. They tend to ignore features that are more easily accomplished with trainers - tools that alter in-game memory. To get an idea of what can be accomplished using other save editing strategies, check out the Chain Game Save for PS2 topic.

I haven't looked into save editors for GTA V yet, but I would expect these tool to have an extensive feature list as this is currently the best thing going as far as modding is concerned. When San Andreas was released cheat device codes (memory hack software like AR-Max)  were the favorite tool for modding. There were lots of great codes invented back in the day. The cheat device software sometimes can copy files to PC, but players seem to prefer working with codes.

I can't remember what I wanted to say about the Boxville, other than it was my example of extreme randomness in a collection. Unlike most unique vehicles, what I remember most is running a lot a tests. I set up a custom save with a firetruck spawning in the perfect spot (I forgot to change the custom colors and got a really nice cool-blue version) and used trainers to teleport through the mission objectives so it was as easy as possible to make dozens of attempts. I got plenty of lucky hits, but couldn't find a way to progress the method away from mostly luck. I think I got involved because players were having problems with the firetruck taking a drastic nosedive, a frame limiter issue, iirc. I think mostly I just wanted to check out the new method. The Boxville had been on the cheat required list for years, so there was a bit of buzz when the new trick came out. And as far as your collection goes, I'd agree that you were fairly lucky. Even with a lot of practice an unlucky streak can last a lot longer than that.

I don't remember a Maverick that requires a death, but there are several opportunities I haven't explored. I think the FI Mothership is rated so highly mostly for all of the elaborate procedures required, but also because at the time this method was clearly one of the most difficult. Many of the most difficult vehicles have been discovered fairly recently. If they were all fairly evaluated again I'd expect a lot of shifts in the old ratings.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

I don't remember a Maverick that requires a death, but there are several opportunities I haven't explored. 

It isn't really difficult to get, it just takes a lot time to shoot it off the helipad. If I remember correctly it takes around 45 minutes of real time. If you come close to the helipad, the cutscene will trigger and you will have to do the same thing all over again, so that's why it's rated as a relatively difficult vehicle. I think it's possible to get nonproofed exclusive color Maverick by shooting the wreck off the helipad and then shooting it to the impound lot and somehow restoring it there. It won't be comprehensive proof though. Or maybe it's possible to restore it in one of the garages? I remember that it's basically impossible to restore aircraft in (most) garages, but perhaps it's worth trying. I restored a couple of helicopters in the garages back when I had LCS, but never tried it in SA.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:59 AM Edited by Militia, 18 May 2014 - 11:01 AM.

@OrionSR, thanks for those Russian Website tips.  I'll check them out for sure for GTA III.  Btw, do you know 4emp2008?  He is on Youtube, and maybe even on this forum.  He is from Russia and plays PC GTA games.  His saves are on Youtube showing off his collections.  He actually is thanked in the GTA III Unique Vehicle Guide for making 97% of all the videos on how to obtain each vehicle that is in that topic.  In GTA III he had every vehicle except the BP/EP/FP Cheetah (I have it though, and used the Crusher Glitch to make it DP, as well, so now it's an AP Cheetah) and that came out to be around 13-14 total unique vehicles in GTA III.  However, I like proof vehicles only.  I am not interested really in unique/special colors of vehicles.  I am also not interested in the R (Rare) Corpse Vehicle.  I've already checked many many locations of such vehicles that exist in GTA III, and only 7 of them interest me.  In my current save right now for GTA III I already have 3 of the 7 I want.  So when I replay, I will surely get the other 4.  However, as you probably know, GTA III is a small game with garage and storage space.  Even if there was a lot more vehicles, you can't exactly store them all.  You gotta pick the most important ones, and the 7 I want seems to be the most important ones.  So I will probably just get those when I start on GTA III...

Eh, don't worry about save editing for SA.  I don't really care to do it, but was just curious about it.

For GTA V, the editor can do a lot.  It can max all your skills for each character, max cash, all guns, max ammo, all attachments.  You can get all GOLD in missions, it allows you to spawn ANY vehicle in the entire game and can store them in your garages.  It allows you to mod those cars as well on the editor instead of in game.  You can mod unmoddable vehicles such as police vehicles, helicopters, planes, boats, the Blimp, etc...You can also spawn North Yankton vehicles and store them in your garages, etc.  It's a really useful tool.  I mainly use it for spawning vehicles and fully modding them and storing them.  For V, there is only unique color and unique license plate vehicles, which as I said above, don't interest me.  So as of right now in GTA V, I mainly just collect all the Super/Sports Cars and some Police Vehicles.  I think VCS was the last game to feature proof cars in.  Hence why I am re-playing all the PS2 era games and not the HD era games.  The last time a proof vehicle was seen was in GTA IV, and that was only required through an exploit (with girlfriends) to make ANY vehicle BP/DP/EP.  I have all 10 of my vehicles in GTA IV to be BP/DP/EP.  However, VISIBLE bullet holes show on the car as well as dents, but the vehicle will NEVER catch fire or explode.  You can fire as many RPG's into and it won't do sh*t to the vehicle either.  I just don't like how it's not FP, cuz the tires usually catch fire pretty quickly and then you are driving on the rims only and it's annoying.  Still great that the vehicles are BP/DP/EP though! :)

Yeah, I must of been really lucky with the AP Boxville.  I tried one day about 5 times.  And then I tried the next day about 5 times.  On that final try, I got it and like I said earlier, it couldn't have been a better hit with the Fire Truck.  I simply just watch the Youtube tutorial and do exactly what I see in Youtube and have obtained every car by doing so...

@0909090, that AP/EC Maverick only took me 25-30 minutes to shoot off the helipad.  Actually, on my first attempt I shot it off, but like an idiot, I flew it over the helipad by mistake which then activated the cutscene, so I reloaded and tried again.  On my second attempt, I got it off the helipad and flew it to the large Hashbury Garage in San Fierro, exactly like you see in jam8tone's video above.  And as you see, in the video he mentions you must kill yourself.  I killed myself like he did in the video, and I came back to Hashbury Garage and the AP/EC Maverick was sitting there waiting for me.  I've tested the proofings, too, and it's surely AP...I didn't have to "wreck" the AP Maverick...Since it's AP (Bullets) don't harm it when you shoot it off the helipad.  You just shoot it off, fly it to garage, kill yourself outside of garage, and then when you respawn at the hospital, just go see if it's there and proofed.  It's really easy actually, just time consuming.

Imo, most vehicles in SA just require patience and nothing else.  Some vehicles, however, require a lot of luck more than anything.  The ways people found out on how to obtain these is pure genious.  Parachute Glitch?  Shooting it to a safehouse?  Jumping out of a moving Fire Truck to knock a vehicle down the road?  All of this stuff is pure genious...

@OrionSR, there is 2 or 3 AP Maverick's of which you can obtain in SA.  The one I got, though has an Exclusive Color.  The other AP Maverick is in the mission The Da Nang Thang.  It's also very long to get it.  You gotta use some glitch that allows you to run/walk under the water in the ocean.  Then you must push the AP Maverick out of the water and then fly it to Verdant Meadows Hanger.  It's a pain in the ass, hence why I got the easier one that simply just required you to shoot it off the helipad and then store it and kill yourself.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

Ah, I found a good reference in the Bravura topic. I lost my buddy list notes with the new messaging system.

Yes, I do know 4temp2008 and I am familiar with some of his work. On GTAForums he goes by Champion2008. The other local members from the Russian GTA Community with strong English skills are roggan (d00m41k on YouTube), and AlSar (senior moderator). You'll want to be careful when referencing discoveries by these... GTA ambassadors; they could be posting discovery reports and videos of methods they discovered, or discovered by someone else.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Well, when it comes to GTA III, I will mainly be watching 4emp2008's videos.  Also some of jam8tone's videos.  For most of SA, I watched jam8tone and fnxrak's videos for the vehicles.  There is a handful of the same people who have vehicle walkthrough guides on Youtube for all the games, GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  So I will surely be checking everything out for these games as I play them and obtaining the vehicles.

Btw, I am 85.03% Completion in SA.  All I got left is 22 Races, Import/Export, and the 3 Hidden Challenges (NRG-500, BMX, and Chiliad Challenges)...I remember in my 2007 save that the NRG-500 and BMX Challenge were almost as bad as the Zero Missions in San Fierro, but I can manage.  Idk why Rockstar felt the need to make such out of place random hard as f*ck side missions in SA.  The Zero Missions and some of the side missions are so out of place and don't even really play a role in the game...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by OrionSR, 19 May 2014 - 04:19 PM.

I've got a few videos for LCS (SA too), but nothing much on unique vehicles. Oh wait. I guess I had some of the earliest videos for Faith's Helicopter that weren't shot on a TV with a camcorder. Not my methods, but not many people had the hardware to make video capture recordings at the time. Anyway, run OrionSR and LCS through a YouTube search and you should find most of my earliest videos. (The YouTube date is only 2 years old on most of them because they were originally hosted on Google Video.) Most of the videos document various "drop" spots where the player can fall though water on top of the tunnels to get around between islands. I figured I had found a cool new glitch so it was my responsibility to get the word out. I don't think it ever caught on.

It's been a while since BMX or NRG have presented much of a challenge. The uzi triggered mega-jump makes all the difference in the world for that nasty corona on the halfpipe in BMX. It takes a bit of practice but is worth learning just for playing around hopping between rooftops. I held the record for the fastest time in NRG for quite a while. I found running up the walls at an angle to be much easier than blindly trying to hit the coronas head on. I remember struggling with the mountain bike races when I first started playing; the hillsides are really grabby. The mission that I dread on PS2 is Zero's first. I hated that mission with a passion. In fact, I still get irritated when I hear David Cross's voice, "I thought you said you could shoot, Carl." ARGH <start again, shoot Zero with the mini-gun, start again> The Supply Lines mission never bothered me much, even on v1. I like all the side missions in San Andreas, especially since many of them can be completed in restricted areas, which is my favorite challenge in the game.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the tips on LCS, I will check those videos out when I get to that game in a couple months! Lol :)

Wtf?!  You had a record for the NRG-500 Challenge?  Man, f*ck that!  LOL...I really hate this challenge, but then again I didn't even do this in 2007, my friend who I was 100%'ing these games with did it for me, as did he do the BMX Challenge.  Although, 7 years later after I grew up, it's probably easy and I am getting anxious over nothing.  I mean, at worst, the NRG Challenge takes like 2:30 minutes.  It's still very short and very quick, but you just gotta get those Coronas in a timely manner.  Same with the BMX Challenge.  I can probably do both of these in my first 5 tries, I'll get there.  I know I will.

Those 3 Chiliad Challenges...I heard you can just shoot the other riders off their bike and kill them with the Sniper Rifle?  I will see when I get there.

As for the 3 Zero Missions...I passed that Minigun mission on my second or third try, never really had a problem with that, tbh.  Supply Lines...It took me nearly 20 tries.  There is a PS2 glitch (it's in my game, naturally) that makes the fuel ALWAYS going down, even if you glide to the targets.  Even when I passed this mission, I BEARLY made it.  If I was 1 second longer, it would of said mission failed.  My bar of fuel literally was 100% gone.  Not sure how I passed it, but I did, thankfully! :)  And the third Zero mission only took me two tries as well.  I followed jam8tone's guides for most of the entire SA game for missions and vehicles.  But there was some vehicles that he did not have videos for, so I watched fnxrak's videos.

Btw, I am 91.44% Complete.  Just got 10 races to do, Import/Export, and those Hidden Challenges.  Soon gonna start on GTA III :)

Also, since what we are saying is completely off topic, lol, let me know what you think of the AP Sentinel in the mission The Green Sabre.  I know the Mountain Cloud Boys is WAY harder to obtain, but what do you think about the AP Sentinel in The Green Sabre?  That one gave me trouble.  It took me like 10 tries to obtain that one cuz the black smoke would never come out of the Sentinel quick enough before Sweet would die.  Finally got it eventually...It's very strange how you gotta obtain these vehicles in SA.  No other GTA game is like that for proof vehicles.  Most of them you just gotta get inside of it and drive away with it, basically.  SA is by far the craziest methods on how to obtain...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

I've held a few records over the year, usually not for long; GTA Phreak is kind of ornery that way. I have a hard time with flawless execution so if I want to win I need to be clever. But then I share my secrets and someone more skilled or dedicated comes along and bumps me off the podium. Except for Bandito Country. I never told anyone my secret for a sub 2 minute time and I think that's the only record I still have left.

Ah, I actually have some background info on the Sentinel from Green Sabre. This was the first time I tried digging round in the game scripts to figure out what was going on in the mission. I modified my mission script to display a message whenever the cars got their proofing applied so I was able to narrow down the "black smoke" requirement and progress the method from death required to mission failure. When the cheatless method came out we were having a lot of trouble with consistency. Sometimes the car was proofed and othertimes not. Anyway, the easy way to get the black smoke is to use a mini-gun. It's not too hard to collect enough ammo for the job. I usually use an SMG at close range while sitting on a bike so reloading isn't an issue. Switching quickly between an M4 and SMG to prevent reload time is also very effective. It's my impression that vehicles take more damage when attacked on the side.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:34 PM Edited by Militia, 19 May 2014 - 10:41 PM.

I agree about the Sentinel...

I would go to the side of the vehicle (Like in jam8tone's Youtube video) and shoot the hood in the front-side, and also near the doors, right where the angle of the cars front and side meet.  It took me many tries like I said, but I finally got it.  I guess the trick is to simply get it smoking black and then get inside of it before Sweet dies.  When Sweet dies, you can then drive away to a garage.  It's still a pain in the ass to get it to smoke black though quick enough.  Also, I JUST used a SMG.  I didn't use the M4 or Minigun as I didn't have any of those guns at the time or ammo for it.  I know there is weapon pick ups scattered around the map, but I didn't bother to worry about that, I just got guns from missions which were mostly the Micro SMG, SMG, and Pistol.

How does someone find these vehicles?  It can't be like "Today, in this mission called the Green Sabre, I am gonna shoot said car until it smokes black and will see if it's proofed."

I don't get how people even found out about these vehicles in SA or any GTA for that matter.  Even the Boxville, who would of knew it was proofed if they couldn't even get near it without activating the cutscene?  It's incredible that this stuff is known...

Finished 16 races out of 22.  So I will do the remaining 6 tomorrow + Import/Export.  Then finally I am on those Hidden Challenges and will be 100%! :) Should be at 100% within 2 days most likely.  Not tomorrow, but the next day.  This is semi a big accomplishment for me, considering my friend did most of GTA III, VC, and SA for (us) back in 2007 on our first playthrough.  Now I am doing these by myself with no help except Youtube.  And not only am I reaching 100% which in my eyes is a big accomplishment, I am obtaining these vehicles, too!  As I said previously, in 2007 I had 5 proof vehicles in SA, this time, I got 23.  So this is amazing for me! :)  Btw, I got the rare Phoenix from one of the San Fierro races and stored it! :)  I have the Hotknife from Driving School getting Gold, and I can export the Euros on a Thursday, which is another very rare vehicle.  So I got 23 proof vehicles and some rare, fast cars, too.  Really like the game save of SA I have!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

I think these days it's more like, "Today I'm going to try that new trick I just saw and see if it will help me get that unobtainable Leviathan from Up Up and Away." We've been through the game codes and have a pretty good idea which vehicles have immunities applied by specific missions, it's mostly a matter of finding out how to get them.

If you are only using an SMG then you especially want to use quick-switch to reload in order to get the black smoke before Sweet bites it.

The challenge to the Phoenix, Euros and Hotknife is getting them on a master save - before completing any missions. It still not all that tough; it's a matter of restarting vigilante over and over (and over and over...) until they spawn.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, see, idk anything about going through game files.  I guess that is a PC only sort of thing...

Nah, when the SMG ran out, I would quickly switch then switch back, but it's the only gun I used to obtain it...

You'd only need the Euros, Phoenix, and Hotknife in the beginning of the game if you were going to use Gray Imports to make them FP/EP.  And these proofings don't interest me at all.  I skipped ALL FP cars in SA except one, the ZR-350 with off-road tires from one of the races like Wu Zi Mu or Farewell My Love, one of those...Can't remember.  I also got the BP/FP/EP Fortune and BP/FP/EP Elegy from those missions as well.

But yeah, I never have an interest in FP/EP, unless it's tied together with BP or DP.  The main proofings I look for when collecting is BP and DP or straight up AP.  Most of the vehicles I obtained are AP (16 of them out of 23) and the rest are either BP with other properties or DP with other properties.  The only useless one I got is the Off-Road/FP ZR-350, but since I like fast cars and it was SO easy to obtain, I obtained it...

So yeah, I am simply just happy I got the Hotknife, Euros, and Phoenix in general...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

"Today, in this mission called the Green Sabre, I am gonna shoot said car until it smokes black and will see if it's proofed."

Immunity Flags in Missions: Fortunately, it is not necessary to actually look into the game files for cars with immunities, I've compiled a list in the linked post. And I'm not suggesting you work on this, I just found the comment above kind of interesting.

Another pending question is regarding damage levels against the side or front of a vehicle. My observation from LCS vigilante speed runs is that I can cause a lot more damage to the other car if I T-bone it rather than smash it head on, and my car takes much less damage than expected from the head on collision. I've notice similar effects in SA; tank vs barracks or FBI rancher head on and not full speed will sometimes allow the colliding vehicle to survive the initial impact, barely. So the question: is it more effective to shoot the side of the Sentinel in Green Sabre rather than the front? I think this could be tested on vehicles outside of this mission.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by Militia, 20 May 2014 - 11:41 PM.

I'd say the side is probably best to shoot the Sentinel in the Green Sabre mission.  The doors fall off quite quickly and the hood gets bumped upward.  However, like you said, it has to be shot a certain way on the side of the vehicle in order for this to work perfectly, it seems.

...97.33% Completion.  Only 19 vehicles left for Export and those Hidden Challenges! :)  Not tomorrow, but the next day will be 100%! :)

EDIT: Well, vehicles out of missions are different than that Sentinel.  The Sentinel needs to be shot so much because it's "semi" bulletproof during the mission.  I mean, if you shoot any other vehicle, it'll blow up quite quickly.  With that Sentinel, you needed to unload nearly 200 SMG bullets into it until black smoke came out of it.

EDIT 2: Off topic, but I found out about the glitch to stop the clock for the NRG-500 Challenge :p...I never knew about that before.  I wonder if it works on BMX Challenge, too?!  Also there is a glitch for the Chiliad Challenges, just snipe the other riders and come in first, LOL

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

Yes, that clock glitch works for both the NRG & BMX challenge. I find it somehow harder to get the timing right in the BMX challenge, though it doesn't bother me as I only tried this glitch just out of curiosity.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by Militia, 21 May 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Yeah, that glitch with the timer sucks...Instead, I beat BMX Challenge first try legit, and NRG-500 Challenge on my 7th try legit...

Just got 3 Chiliad Challenges, and I am 100% Completion.  In an hour or so, should be 100%...Lol

It's nice that I can just snipe the bikers at the end of the Chiliad Challenge to come in first, as well...

EDIT: I am finally 100% Completion and have all my vehicles.  Now my save is backed up on my Computer, like all my other GTA game saves.  I am gonna update GTA V tomorrow and play around a bit, and then move onto GTA III for 100% and obtaining my 7 vehicles I want in that game.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

Congratulation on 100%. Although it's disappointing that the conversation around here will diminish significantly. Have fun and good luck with the rest of your GTA adventures.

• Militia likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users