I feel sorry for women who plays this game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic
SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 29 April 2014 - 11:37 PM.

I don't. I'm sure it can get annoying, but I've heard plenty of them take advantage of the guys drooling over them in the lobbies. Just last night I came across one who had a few (grown) men acting as her personal bodyguards/servants doing pretty much everything she said, and they just met her earlier in the session. I doubt I'm the only one who's run into this kind of scenario (and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some of the females here fit this bill) especially considering it's something I've seen multiple times since the beginning. Luckily they all sucked last night, miniguns and RPGs included, so everyone they were ganging up on didn't have much trouble dispatching them.

As far as I'm concerned there are more or less two kinds of "girl gamers" - the "hey I'm a girl :3" kind, and the ones who are just like every other "guy" gamer but with a vagina. A hint to the chicks out there - be the second type and you're less likely to get guys following you and breathing heavy in your ear. Unless of course you like manipulating the hordes, in which case stick to the attention whore method. 

• Bocknoi, Sprue, xoC18H21NO3xo and 2 others like this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Unfortunately it's not exclusive to GTA. 

Most girl gamers/gamer girls/whatever I know don't use mics or seldom let people know their sex due to the constant leering and abuse.

It's not always your stereotypical horny teenager either, some blokes in their 20's, 30's, 40's can be the worst. 

Suppose they can just shrug off a teen abusing them as being young and naive, but I can imagine it coming from an older bloke being allot more creepy.

• FirstLadyofGTA and GrandThief89 like this

Pegassi
  • Pegassi

Owner of Dubai

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

A* not an.

I don't care.

English is not my native language, and this thread is not an discussion about semantics.

It was meant as a joke...

That female character is actually a good looking female character. Most of the female characters that I've seen look like monsters and even like men. No offense to them at all... Haha.

what's weird is guys pretending to be girls. ew

I'm a guy and I had a female character once.
It's not 'pretending', I just like to have a girl as the main character of a game instead of a man everytime. Tomb Raider is one of those games with a female protagonist which makes it more enjoyable to play the game for some men.

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:20 PM Edited by PalmIsland, 29 April 2014 - 10:21 PM.

Op creates female identity to see if 13 year old boys take the bait. Your findings should be published in a phycology journal so the world may be made wiser. Next study, do dogs go crazy when they smell bacon? Stay tuned for my scientific results. And thanks Bill Nye for clarifying how prepubescent nerds in an online game act out sexually.

With this logical interpretation, every players in this game is 13 years old. This is not the case at all. Also an bad example to compare how female players should be treated with "dogs go crazy when they smell bacon". It is not an automatic reason that all female players is to be harassed. I think those players would rape me sexually if it was possible in GTAO like it is in Skyrim.
  • GrandThief89 likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

It's expected in many online games, GTA is a popular one ever since GTA IV's multiplayer.

Wouldn't be surprised if many of those guys following you were 13

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:31 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 29 April 2014 - 10:32 PM.

I few people on my friends list who are girl gamers, few with girl characters who are men. As long as your a good player I don't care what you are gender wise. I'll be married 13 yrs this October. I've been on the internet since AOL 2.5, my advice to anyone seeking companionship via the internet is to steer clear of it. Almost everyone I know has met more wackos then they can count, whether its AOL, match.com, etc. Thank god I've known my wife pretty much my whole life. As far as people looking for love on GTA, LOL smh x200.

• AAR, Solid Scorpion, FirstLadyofGTA and 1 other like this

Realz
  • Realz

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

I have this girl on my friends list and she always invite's me to her games in free mode/party chat and there will always be around 5-6 guys including me in the party chat and we all play for about 1-2 hours and when she says shes leaving and leaves the party everyone else starts leaving just cause she left... like wtf

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

If U Suggest Me To Stop I Suggest U To Stop " Breathing &qu

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by frankenstein107, 29 April 2014 - 10:39 PM.

I'm a manly man and I'm straight as a pole.
I play as a female character and I guess some fairly intelligent people can easily tell I'm male from my gamer tag. When was the last time you played with a girl with a name like "franeknstein107"?Not everyone's as bright though.
I get at least 1-2 friend requests a day, unlike the 1-2 requests per WEEK I got with my dude.

0_0.jpg

Biker chap trying to air thrust me from the behind.

0_0.jpg

Even other dudes who play as females want a piece of me.

• AAR and Darth_Rob like this

MagicFN
  • MagicFN

"Shotgun Johnny"

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

I would agree with this if women actually played GTA 5, but they don't.

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

My secondary is a female character I generally use for running extra Ballers to LSC, but even with the big "Darth Rob" hovering over her head it's next to impossible to do anything in freeroam without getting gang-banged by horny pubescents and lonely shut-ins.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:53 PM Edited by The Angel King, 29 April 2014 - 11:00 PM.

I am friends with a few females that play this game.....the sexual harrasment stuff is actually rather funny.....but that is because they(stupid people) get owned seconds after and I can't help but sit back and watch them get their @ss handed to them while these gals talk sh!t right back. 

Most female characters are guys for some odd reason.

Back to this it is odd to play a female if you are a guy argument. I find it fun and pleasing to the eyes. Running around with a dude if you are one is odd to me. Then again I am not roll playing when I play GTAO. Sorry dude, it's fun to run around with a chick....half naked or not. Ie. Tomb Raider, Metroid, Dead or Alive, Diablo, Resident Evil, Bloodrayne, etc..

With all that said, I do not disagree that X percent of people doing this are a little to far on the creepy end.

Edit: I will state the obvious....I do not pretend that I am actually a female.

• hotrats773 and Crunch McThornbody like this

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Welcome,

I did create an new female character on a female named test account. She was created just for some testing and griefing on other players to see how higher ranked players react when they are killed by an level 3 female character with a female named gamertag with 10 gamer score. In the spoiler is the female character I used today. 

Spoiler

I did take an Lazer P-996 and did kill some players. It was not needed to play long before I received two friend requests, one voice message where someone called me a slut after I did kill him, and an another voice message that was incomprehensible. One guy did honk the horn and wanted me inside his vehicle, and few players who keep stalking me for over 30 min doing sexual actions. They did also try to spawn kill me in passive mode with their personal vehicles. They did believe I was an girl with player skills equal to level 3, but in the reality the skill level is equal to level 155.

All this happened in 1 hour and 45 minutes. It seems that you gets allots of unwanted attention especially when you play as an female character with an female named gamertag. I do understand it very good that women who plays this game plays as an male character or with an gamer tag that disguise their gender. 

Here you have all of my snapshots taken with capture card from today session:

Spoiler

I will play with this character until I get Bad Sport and post more in this thread until she gets Bad Sport. 

Have anyone else here experienced this or is doing this against female players?

Female players? What female players? Women don't play GTA... or any videogame for that matter. The legend of the girl gamer is just that, a legend, like Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:02 PM Edited by Muirenn, 29 April 2014 - 11:03 PM.

The Gamertag I use doesn't suggest female in the slightest, but it doesn't really suggest male either, it's just a word and a number. My friend and I both play as females, because you always play as male protagonists in GTA, so it's a neat change. He uses a Gamertag that I made for him that's a little more "girly."

We both get friend requests and party invites and people trying to get us into their vehicles, general creeps and trolls with jerk animations, but in general there are still some differences between our experiences. During the gameplay itself, he receives less hostility and gets more people flirting and chasing him around and way more friend and party requests.

I get people questioning whether or not I'm actually a female, even though I never try to imply one way or the other, more bullets and vehicle grilles to the face and more insulting messages, though it's pretty hilarious when my friend gets hate mail for killing someone or choosing not to get in someone's car, because it's usually really extreme.

Though, I think we both receive an equal amount of messages calling us 'ho,' 'slut,' and 'whore' for no real logical reason.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

what's weird is guys pretending to be girls. ew

In the context of what OP has done, i agree.

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

I would agree with this if women actually played GTA 5, but they don't.

*eyeroll*

• Sprue, Xyn, ten-a-penny and 9 others like this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

Don't feel bad, me and 2 other female crew members were destroying everyone in tanks last night.

• Solid Scorpion, xoC18H21NO3xo and Miss Malevolent like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Female players? What female players? Women don't play GTA... or any videogame for that matter. The legend of the girl gamer is just that, a legend, like Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster.

Dunno if you are trying to make a funny, trolling, or really that dumb.

• Sprue, AAR, Solid Scorpion and 5 others like this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

I recently started a female character which is currently level 12 or so, even with a psn name which has the word 'man' in it people still try to be friendly to me, get me in their cars, send me psn requests, voice messages and so much bullsh*t. Have gotten 5 crew invites from the last few days which is more than I have had from a whole career on my second character. The best part is when I was leveling up in deathmatches, only about level 5 with the skill level of 180 (and a special carbine rifle) I won 6 out of 10 deathmatches and finished with the highest KD ratio when playing with people levels 30-80 or so :D everyone was either getting buttmad and calling me a hacker of something or sending me millions of friend requests.
Im planning to level my second character to the same as my first hopefully so im gonna see a lot more of this hahah :)

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:15 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 29 April 2014 - 11:17 PM.

lol, i made a female character just to see if they are all preset to ape tits, man bodied, square jawed freaks. i had one guy sending me sexual advances just for having a female character. he also sent them to everyone else in the lobby that had a female character. i did my best sling blade impression and said over the headset, "mmm, you like my purdy body?" dude left the session pretty quick after that.

• Crunch McThornbody, Franceska and PelvisTornado like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I am friends with a few females that play this game.....the sexual harrasment stuff is actually rather funny.....but that is because they(stupid people) get owned seconds after and I can't help but sit back and watch them get their @ss handed to them while these gals talk sh!t right back. 

Back to this it is odd to play a female if you are a guy argument. I find it fun and pleasing to the eyes. Running around with a dude if you are one is odd to me. Then again I am not roll playing when I play GTAO. Sorry dude, it's fun to run around with a chick....half naked or not. Ie. Tomb Raider, Metroid, Dead or Alive, Diablo, Resident Evil, Bloodrayne, etc..

With all that said, I do not disagree that X percent of people doing this are a little to far on the creepy end.

It's so pleasing to look at pixels in the shape of a female isn't it.  You gonna dress like a girl because you like to look at yourself in the mirror?

• return-to-innocence and Flexx like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

It's so pleasing to look at pixels in the shape of a female isn't it.  You gonna dress like a girl because you like to look at yourself in the mirror?

That isn't even logical. GTFO here..

544.gif

• AAR, Taky, tali vas Normandy and 1 other like this

Dani_elle
  • Dani_elle

General Lee

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

This stuff rarely happens to me fortunately.

• Miss Malevolent likes this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

I play a female character because I got fed up with looking at the arses of the storymode characters Michael, Franklin and especially Trevor when you switch to him and he's in his underwear!

Mutliplayer games such as these are the last place you should be trying to hit on players of the opposite sex, especially as you don't have to play as the same gender you are. I play to drive cars/planes/helis, blow sh*t up, shoot other players and generally muck around with the environment (finding jumps, quick routes around the place etc.).

I do get a lot of other apartment invites though I don't know if they're directed just at me or the entire lobby, and I've gotten a lot of players driving up and honking their horns at me when I'm on foot - I just ignore them all. I've never pretended to be a female and playing a female character does not automatically mean you're female.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

That isn't even logical. GTFO here..

544.gif

Too logical for you right?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

0_0.jpg

OMG, bby u so hot...wanna cyber??

34/M/Michigan, you?

PalmIsland
  • PalmIsland

Asian bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

0_0.jpg

OMG, bby u so hot...wanna cyber??

34/M/Michigan, you?

Some kilobytes stored on a Rockstar server at an unknown datacenter location. 

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

lol i was going to post a video of my current inbox. The amount of friend requests I get for having a vagina is unbelievable. I don't get what the big deal is. I don't sit around in pink frilly things, I'm usually in some black sweat pants with a batman or AC/DC t-shirt. Also, I have a lucky Cartman cap that looks absolutely ridiculous. When I'm on the mic I don't talk all cutesy either, I'm usually yelling something like : You're a punkass batch for shooting me in Ponsonbys!

• cookiemonster79 and tambo75 like this

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by LambentBunny, 29 April 2014 - 11:39 PM.

I don't have these experiences

Same thing for me. Never had this issue other than the odd kid(man) sending me pics of his stuff 

• Miss Malevolent likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Try to change your gamertag name into an female named gamertag. I did use "Natasha Yi" on my test account. Also I have played GTAO for about 450 hours and have recorded everything so I have experienced similar on my primary account with female character, but it was usually after when I did provoke that, but this is a record attempt without provocation.

My name is Miss Malevolent on PSN...I'm not really hiding that I'm a woman.
  • FirstLadyofGTA and Franceska like this

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Dudes are just pervs and don't know how to act when they know someone is actually a female. The people I played the most with just happened to be females but I don't look at them like a piece of meat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users