Rules For Survival

47 replies to this topic
brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

I always go for the health/armor that's second closest to me, or I try to finish the wave near armor so I don't have to run around too much.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by am30, 29 April 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Obviously there are no written rules for playing Survival in GTAO, however, I think pretty much everyone who plays Survival follows certain unspoken guidelines.

Here are the guidelines I follow:

• If someone takes a spot for cover in a Survival, that is their spot until they give it up

• Along the same lines, let people cover their "area" (i.e. in the Boneyard Survival, if I'm covering the left side of the map where the driveway enters from the highway, there is always someone else who feels the need to come over to that area and blow up the cars. Seriously, dude, I got this, and I like using the cars as a road block, of sorts, and blowing them to smitherines during wave 5 when 3 vehicles show up at the same time.)

• Hold your position, especially when someone is relying on you to cover their back.

• Practice courtesy and share the weapons/armor/health. People who hog everything (or when I see a low level steal the grenade launcher and not use it), seriously makes me wish friendly fire was allowed.

• Remember that everyone (unless they're a complete douche) wants to participate in the Survival, give them a chance to kill the enemies.

Agree/disagree? Anything to add?

This, I like.

It's something I really hate when other players ruin my perfect spot by not being aware of the spawn system, push me out of cover when I'm taking a shot or steal my spot when I go for health/armour.  The only time I will take someones spot is if they die and I have to take it until they return in the next wave, at which point I return to my original place unless they are happy for me to remain in their previouis spot.

This is pretty much why I've given up on Survivals.  I mean, I think they are great fun but they are usually ruined by other players being asses.

• theDoD likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Seems to me this is more about "I can only get alot of kills when im in MY spot" as opposed to "Lets kick some ass together and get through these 10 waves no matter what!"

More like, "I'm totally f*cking awesome at survivals and totally kick ass....but only if I can camp in this one spot the entire time. I'm totally awesome at teamwork...now, leave me alone while I do my own thing."

• The Real SpitKing likes this

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Seems to me this is more about "I can only get alot of kills when im in MY spot" as opposed to "Lets kick some ass together and get through these 10 waves no matter what!"

More like, "I'm totally f*cking awesome at survivals and totally kick ass....but only if I can camp in this one spot the entire time. I'm totally awesome at teamwork...now, leave me alone while I do my own thing."

lol that's exactly what im seeing here.

Get good at killing from all areas of the map and quit camping in "your spot".

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

It's called Survival for a reason - you survive.  If you want to run around like Rambo go do it in a Deathmatch or some other such lesser PvP based activity.

• U_deadyet21 likes this

theDoD
  • theDoD

Giggity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hey OP, ever heard of this secret? In between rounds, you can kill yourself and respawn. ;)

Did not know that. But, um, why would one want to do this?

Obviously there are no written rules for playing Survival in GTAO, however, I think pretty much everyone who plays Survival follows certain unspoken guidelines.

• Don't Die.

Fixed that for you :)

LOL. Gee, thanks :)

I'll admit, I do have my favorite spots, but I have backups and don't get all butthurt when someone takes my favorite spot. Don't just go assuming that everyone is a whiney cry baby.

U_deadyet21
  • U_deadyet21

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

There are no rules or guidelines when playing GTA:O. Sorry

Yes, I know. I believe I stated this in my original post. I am just curious if everyone follows the same unspoken guidelines as I do :)

F*ck your guidelines. That is all.

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hey OP, ever heard of this secret? In between rounds, you can kill yourself and respawn. ;)

• Don't Die.

I'll admit, I do have my favorite spots, but I have backups and don't get all butthurt when someone takes my favorite spot. Don't just go assuming that everyone is a whiney cry baby.

I never said you were crying, I asked why you dont give up your spot to someone else who clearly isnt as confident as you?

Ya know, in the interest of Teamwork and everyone having a good time.

theDoD
  • theDoD

Giggity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Yes, I know. I believe I stated this in my original post. I am just curious if everyone follows the same unspoken guidelines as I do :)

Wow. Thank you for your valuable imput. Now if you could continue on with your left hand dreaming about f*cking my guidelines, that'd be greeeeat.

U_deadyet21
  • U_deadyet21

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Wow. Thank you for your valuable imput. Now if you could continue on with your left hand dreaming about f*cking my guidelines, that'd be greeeeat.

I'm just saying your guidelines are just the stupidest f*cking thing in the world. More than half of the people commenting here are basically saying "F*ck your guidelines". They are just being nicer about it.

theDoD
  • theDoD

Giggity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

• Don't Die.

I never said you were crying, I asked why you dont give up your spot to someone else who clearly isnt as confident as you?

Ya know, in the interest of Teamwork and everyone having a good time.

Of course. For "spots" I kind of view it as an easter egg hunt. First to the egg gets it, although I've seen people litterally try to shoot at a teammate to get them out of "their spot" <<< Whiney cry baby. I was simply saying that I'm not one of those. I'm all for teamwork and helping out those who are less experienced. That's why I don't kick a level 10 when they join my survival. Although I may chuckle a bit when they go all Rambo and get shot. They'll learn.

JoeSkillz
  • JoeSkillz

Mutts Cutts

• BUSTED!
  • Albania

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

only one rule, don't be a try hard, gung ho, fail of a rambo. 

• U_deadyet21 likes this

ultim84
  • ultim84

Snitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

Shoot the last guy from each waves in the leg so I have time to pick up every last piece of ammo!

• theDoD likes this

theDoD
  • theDoD

Giggity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Shoot the last guy from each waves in the leg so I have time to pick up every last piece of ammo!

I do this when I'm solo-ing Boneyard

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by The Spook, 29 April 2014 - 08:13 PM.

I don't have a specific spot. Obviously, in the Boneyard for example, most folk are gonna run for the house, and the block next to the house. While the house is pretty much the best spot on the stage, I have plenty of places I can survive in. I can go inside of that warehouse. There's at least 4 different places in there alone where I can last until wave 10. I can go in the back with the planes; 3 different places back there. I can even hide in that bus in the back, where the hillbillies spawn.

Yet there are assholes who get killed every wave, see you doing good on the spectator cam, and will follow you and be all in your face for the specific reason to steal your space and get you killed, no matter where you are. This is the point I drove at.

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by Biff73, 29 April 2014 - 08:10 PM.

So if you leave your spot to grab supplies when preparing for the next wave is everyone supposed to leave that spot open for you to return?

Just my opinion...

You can always pick ip ammo after end of each wave,I always carry full ammo,so i don't bother picking up ammo

biff76.jpg

sash2k4plus
  • sash2k4plus

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Yet there are assholes who get killed every wave, see you doing good on the spectator cam, and will follow you and be all in your face for the specific reason to steal your space and get you killed, no matter where you are.

Yep, every f*cking time.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

It really depends on who I'm playing with. If with friends, I do my damn best to kill everyone and keep my friends protected while letting them get some kills to make it worth their time. I let them take care of the choppers so they know by now I don't take choppers on unless they're low on health. I'm sort of a support class but a one-man army if needed. I stay mostly in one spot and declare the nearest health and/or armor my own so we sort of have our own stuff.

If playing with randoms, I'll go to a spot no one is and hold my own. It usually goes well but sometimes you'll have a guy follow you around and annoy you by stealing your cover and picking up armor when I was running for it first. When that happens, I let an enemy slip by me and let him kill him. They don't like it when you do that, apparently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users