Obviously there are no written rules for playing Survival in GTAO, however, I think pretty much everyone who plays Survival follows certain unspoken guidelines.
Here are the guidelines I follow:
- If someone takes a spot for cover in a Survival, that is their spot until they give it up
- Along the same lines, let people cover their "area" (i.e. in the Boneyard Survival, if I'm covering the left side of the map where the driveway enters from the highway, there is always someone else who feels the need to come over to that area and blow up the cars. Seriously, dude, I got this, and I like using the cars as a road block, of sorts, and blowing them to smitherines during wave 5 when 3 vehicles show up at the same time.)
- Hold your position, especially when someone is relying on you to cover their back.
- Practice courtesy and share the weapons/armor/health. People who hog everything (or when I see a low level steal the grenade launcher and not use it), seriously makes me wish friendly fire was allowed.
- Remember that everyone (unless they're a complete douche) wants to participate in the Survival, give them a chance to kill the enemies.
Agree/disagree? Anything to add?