Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ok,woaw now they can change their model's apperance huh?

70 replies to this topic
sD_Killer
  • sD_Killer

Wanna get high?

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28 AM

i would really like to see a towelie  skin, that would make my week.

might even try to make one myself lol.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

I wish we could use the ped models whenever we wanted,  like you can in sa-mp and IV. I'm sick of having to be stuck with the same character, regardless of the clothing options.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:53 AM Edited by BLeonard, 30 April 2014 - 03:19 AM.

I'm really confused by your stance, here. Your arguing as if you want R* to stop producing content because there's hackers that have tools that we don't and they're releasing content well over the "norm" of DLC windows. R* isn't your typical developer, to be honest. They don't attend conventions or expos, they don't always give interviews, they don't do many hands-on previews and keep information to themselves. Now R* have been getting a lot of sh*t because they only talk about the many glitches this game has. Once they announce an update, though, everyone is wondering what that update contains as they don't have anything to spend money on. If GTA V was made by an ordinary developer, they would probably charge for most of the DLC's we got no matter if there was hackers or not. I like to think these DLC's would of been paid if there was no hackers.

No, I don't want R* to stop releasing content... All's I'm saying is that, content production costs money and if R* is instead having to spend those resources on paying OT to the "glitch fixers," they won't have those resources to put into paying the developers to create new content. My reply was to a person who said R* would be "shunned" if they came out tomorrow and said "we're done with DLC." They won't be. People will continue to play and likely will continue to buy cash cards, probably even after GTA VI is released... People are still playing GTA IV, over 6 months after V has been released.

Of course you're right and I agree; people who glitch money and buy everything in the first 5 minutes and then complain in the next 3 weeks for a new update to come out is a bit ridiculous. To be fair, I don't think anyone would of anticipated the game economy to be this f*cked. I think R* are doing all they can to suppress hackers/glitchers while releasing some content here and there to keep most people happy. Not everyone in GTA:O is rich. When a new update comes out, I gotta do missions to get money. It took me a lot of grinding to get the Roosevelt only to lose it due to a glitch by Mors Mutual. Not a glitch I made for money but a glitch in the game itself. I understand R* haven't had much time to work on the game itself due to working on fixing so many glitches and creating new content but if they took a step back from new DLC and focused on a way to identify hackers...or you know, release fun tools as this topic shows which would probably reduce the amount of "evil" hackers that destroy this game.

I don't think it would stop the "evil hackers" at all. Like I said in another thread, if R*c came out tomorrow and said "We are having to delay content because of all of the hackers and glitchers," most hackers and glitchers would continue and some would likely do it more, just to screw up everyone else's experience.

My guess is, a lot of glitchers and hackers do it simply to do something that they aren't supposed to be doing... The "rebel" mentality. One of the guys on here said that he "has to glitch" yet his GTA stats sig said that he had over $4 million... Explain to me why someone "has to glitch" if they have over $4 million in the bank.

Also, Batman:Arkham City was by Rocksteady. All of the Batman games except Arkham Origins were developed by Rocksteady, Origins being the publisher itself, Warner Bros., working on it. :)

Arkham City Lockdown and Arkham Origins were done by NetherRealm, sorry for the confusion. The point was, NetherRealm's first project was Mortal Kombat and they only did 4 months worth of DLC before they were done. To say that R* would be "shunned" after "only" doing 6 months of DLC was what I was countering... R* could shut the GTA servers down tomorrow and would still be fine, as they are far more established than NetherRealm is.

This was the quote I was arguing with, FWIW:

I know that rockstar is a business and it costs money to run a business, but if they wind up just calling quits because of people exploiting the game, they would forever be shunned in the gaming industry. Not like you or anyone at rockstar really cares, but if they throw in the towel on their first major online project they might as well not even make games anymore.

I've got the Komplete Edition for Mortal Kombat so they did that after all the DLC but that's just publishing an all-in-one packaging. Oh, also, R* don't do as many games as other devs do. While R* did do like a billion dollars, they still have to pay for the new content they make, maintenance, servers (so many). Making many games isn't that great, to be honest. A good example would be the now-dead Guitar Hero series. But then again, look at how Call of Duty is doing. While it is seen as a kids game due to the many 12 years old playing it, it's one of the most successful series on any console...so I'm sort of debating with myself here. Damnit.

Back to you, Bill.

The bolded is exactly what I was getting at: The more time and money they have to spend on fixing glitches, the less they will have to produce new content, perform maintenance, pay to keep the servers running, etc.

I know, the common glitcher response is "The team that works on fixing glitches is different than the team that works on new content." That's all well and good, but the money to pay those people comes from the same place. At some point, the money coming in will be less than the costs allotted to maintaining the game. When that happens, the content and support will cease.

IIRC, there was a thread a while back asking, rather boastfully: "How much money have you cost R*?" insinuating that, if you had glitched x amount instead of buying a cash card, you were "costing" R* money... In fact, the thread is right here: http://gtaforums.com...sting-rockstar/

In that thread, I said that, "if you weren't going to pay for cash cards to begin with, you're not really costing them anything," which I still believe to be true...

But, if you glitch or hack, then you do in essence shorten the amount of time that GTAO remains supported by R*:

If you would have bought a cash card, but glitched instead, then you are taking the money that you would have spent out of R*s budget.  While I guess most glitchers and hackers would be proud of that, all's that does lessen the amount of funds that they have to produce new content, perform maintenance, pay to keep the servers running, fix glitches, etc.

If you wouldn't have bought a cash card, then R* still has to spend time and money to fix the gitch that you used and again, that lessens the amount of time and money they have to do all of the other things mentioned above.

Either way you slice it, glitchers and hackers are potentially shortening the amount of content that we receive (as funds that would have went to the development team now go to the glitch-fixing team) and almost certainly shortening the amount of time that other costs (like server costs) can continue to be paid.

-Bill

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

I just saw the weirdest mod ever. I was at the airport where the black jet spawns in the hangar, when I noticed a wrecked burnt-out car at the back. It then drove up to me slowly, stopped next to me, and blew me up. When I respawned and went to see if it was still there I was killed by another explosion from thin air. There was no blip on the radar and when I died it just said I died. It was kind of spooky as I could see nobody driving the car lol.

bleedout28
  • bleedout28

"Upstanding Legitimate Businessman"

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

Everytime they kill themself their model's apperance change,they can disguise as NPC,Bigfoot hunter,fat woman,Jesus,aliens,monkey woah!

What's dumb is the fact that this would be something they'd ban someone for..but I'm sure most people would enjoy doing this. Dressing up as NOOSE? That'd be awesome!

Our characters are considered Mercs, we should be able to dress up like them.

You and I have much to discuss....

http://gtaforums.com...warfare-add-on/

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

All these Guys crying about a Shapeshifter...
Look just report if you can't handle it!
I dont understand how people really get annoyed by the fact someone is a total different model..
i would say let's send a ticket that we want that 2 because of i'm being jealous about someone can play as a Monkey or whatever he likes 2 be..
That gives another twist to the role playing game i would liked seeing in this game..

JoeSkillz
  • JoeSkillz

Mutts Cutts

• BUSTED!
  • Albania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

I dont understand how people really get annoyed by the fact someone is a total different model..
i would say let's send a ticket that we want that 2 because of i'm being jealous about someone can play as a Monkey or whatever he likes 2 be..
That gives another twist to the role playing game i would liked seeing in this game..

No one gives a damn about skins, it's when these sad f*cks decide to put the God mode on, and abuse the other players. Thankfully, most of us rest in the knowledge that such pathetic individuals will probably never experience real life joy whilst they're in their basements playing on their jailbroken consoles. 

• am30 likes this

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Where's the commentary with "Hey guys swaggyionlygotGTAVbecausealiawasgettingit here with another MODDED video but first let's go for 1 trillion likes on this video"

Hahaha" I'm here to help you makeitrainmoneyswagsaucewithbaconbitzonhoes" haha

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

Ps3? Walks out....

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

You miss the point.

The issue is not that they are using skin mod's as these seem harmless (no idea if they are or not, only Rockstar can answer this).  The issue is that one day they will get bored of skin mod's and then start messing about with something a bit more interesting and will keep escalating in this way until they are affecting other players and spoiling others gaming experience.  Thus why it is good if they are caught early.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:05 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 30 April 2014 - 11:10 AM.

There are good modders & there are bad modders.

Good modders: chimp, astronaut, coyote, alien, rapist hillbilly skins & ISO modders (interior & underglow)
Bad modders: God mode.

Let's leave it at that.

Edit: I do wish to run into a modder & take awesome selfies with said modder :(
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users