Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the problem with glitched money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Glitched money (182 member(s) have cast votes)

Does glitched money ruin your gaming experience?

1. Yes. (66 votes [36.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.26%

2. No. (116 votes [63.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.74%

Vote
freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

What I don't understand is how people are so hateful towards money glitching, but cash cards are just fine.

Both cause you to gain money in-game with no in-game work, just one is "acceptable" by the game developer and one is not. Both cash cards and money glitching devalue the amount of time you put in to playing the game legit.

The only way money glitching affects you is if you actually believe that glitches are delaying Rockstar's output of content, which is just silly, and you only have yourself to blame. Like Raavi said 6 pages ago, there are multiple different teams that work on different things.

-FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper

For the same damn reason we don't care that bill gates MAKES a sh*tload of money a day, but we look down on people who steal the sane amount of money in a day. One person works their ass off and is legit, and the other is an impatient peabrain that exploits things and ruins someone's day.

Bill Gates working his ass off? 

Right. I would say even the of thieves works his ass off more then Bill Gates.

Are you telling me it was easy creating Microsoft? 

Easyer then making money in GTA O. 

1. It is "Easier"

2. I do hope you are joking.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by Arya35, 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM.

How is having more significantly more money an advantage, guns are unlocked by level and it's easy to make enough without glitching to pay for weapons and attachments, so you can still beat players in deathmatches or kill them in free roam, if you are good enough/are a high enough level.
Nearly everyone can afford a single supercar and fully mod it legitimately to be competitive in races which can still easily be won in stock cars. All having more money allows you to do is enjoy the game more, by being able to afford a variety of cars and drive them in free roam, being able to afford to respray your car as many times as you want without worrying about over inflated prices.
You can afford to enjoy the game with exclusive items like the vestra that make the game more enjoyable.
You don't have to worry if you lose all your sniper ammo or your personal vehicle due to Rockstar's bad coding.
Money glitching just makes the game more enjoyable for some people without actually giving you an advantage. This argument is only for money glitching though and not other types of glitching and modding, since they can directly affect other players' experiences.
I'm not interested in mmo games but I do enjoy gta games and free roam games, so whilst I may still play missions I don't want to end up playing the same missions over and over.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Scrub so hard they call me magic eraser

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

What I don't understand is how people are so hateful towards money glitching, but cash cards are just fine.

Both cause you to gain money in-game with no in-game work, just one is "acceptable" by the game developer and one is not. Both cash cards and money glitching devalue the amount of time you put in to playing the game legit.

The only way money glitching affects you is if you actually believe that glitches are delaying Rockstar's output of content, which is just silly, and you only have yourself to blame. Like Raavi said 6 pages ago, there are multiple different teams that work on different things.

For the same damn reason we don't care that bill gates MAKES a sh*tload of money a day, but we look down on people who steal the sane amount of money in a day. One person works their ass off and is legit, and the other is an impatient peabrain that exploits things and ruins someone's day.

But in your analogy, he did do the "in game" work to create his company. He didn't make his company magically appear out of thin air from some outside force.

Logic=invalid 

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

How is having more significantly more money an advantage, guns are unlocked by level and it's easy to make enough without glitching to pay for weapons and attachments, so you can still beat players in deathmatches or kill them in free roam, if you are good enough/are a high enough level.
Nearly everyone can afford a single supercar and fully mod it to be competitive in races which can still easily be won in stock cars. All having more money allows you to do is enjoy the game more, by being able to afford a variety of cars and drive them in free roam, being able to afford to respray your car as many times as you want without worrying about over inflated prices.
You can afford to enjoy the game with exclusive items like the vestra that make the game more enjoyable.
You don't have to worry if you lose all your sniper ammo or your personal vehicle due to Rockstar's bad coding.
Money glitching just makes the game more enjoyable for some people without actually giving you an advantage. This argument is only for money glitching though and not other types of glitching and nodding.

Going to ask you a question in return.

If money was so unimportant and so easy to get as you claim, why would people still be glitching?

R3N3GAUG316
  • R3N3GAUG316

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

I can kill this right now.

All I hear from glitchers is "Wah wah waaah. We gotta grind to get money!". Is that an issue? If so, what's your favorite game? Is it linear, or free roam like GTAO? Does it have DLC? If so, do you have to pay for it? Exactly. Would you rather have to pay for everything, and money be easier to get? Or have everything be Free, but you have to grind? I for one would rather grind for free. You self entitled rich kids are so damn spoiled and expect handouts. Literally the ONLY thing we've HAD to pay for is $60 for a game, plus the little change for tax. Everything else was free, or you didn't NEED to buy to get the full experience of GTAO. So god forbid you have to actually put in work and earn something for once in your lazy, miserable lives, right?

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

While there likely are different teams that work on different things, do you honestly think that R* is gonna release new content if there is a known glitch available to "buy everything for free" at the time that they planned to release it? That would just be stupid.

Let's say High Life was supposed to be released this past Friday. Then, the "Buy everything for free glitch" came out. Do you think R* would:

A: Release High Life anyway, knowing full well that people would glitch anything and everything in it in 5-10 minutes and be right back to bitching about there being "nothing to do"

B: Since there hadn't been an announcement about the release, simply delay it, fix the issue and have a harmless Snapmatic contest (that, to players, came out of nowhere) to pacify players until they were sure that all of the stuff can't be glitched in 5-10 minutes.

Which do you think they'd choose?

Just because R* doesn't come right out and say "Glitchers and Modders are delaying content releases" doesn't mean it isn't happening behind the scenes.

Even if R* did come out and say it, it's not like you'd all stop anyway... Hell, some people are demented enough that they'd do it for the sole purpose of delaying new content.

That's because most missions are a complete waste of time. The payout nerfs ensure grinding missions.

The only reason anyone would need to grind missions would be because they choose to.

I played for around 4 hours yesterday. Didn't play Rooftop Rumble once. Did what I wanted and still made a pretty penny... All without glitching or farming.

People were glitching well before the payout amounts changed, so that "payout nerfs ensure grinding" is junk, as is the argument that "people glitch because the payouts are too low."

Again, if this is your attitude, why should R* release any more content?

When heists come out, I can tell you exactly what's gonna happen with people who glitch or are only concerned about money... They'll find the highest paying heist, play it and then:

The people worried only about making money will start farming that heist over and over... The highest paying heist (assuming it pays more than Rooftop) will be the "New Rooftop Rumble."

The glitchers will bitch about the payout being "too low" and use that as yet another excuse to not play the game and instead, simply glitch money.

-Bill
  • freedomna likes this

R3N3GAUG316
  • R3N3GAUG316

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

But in your analogy, he did do the "in game" work to create his company. He didn't make his company magically appear out of thin air from some outside force.

Logic=invalid 

No, not invalid. Gates GRINDED and put in hard work to build his company.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 29 April 2014 - 06:40 PM.

While there likely are different teams that work on different things, do you honestly think that R* is gonna release new content if there is a known glitch available to "buy everything for free" at the time that they planned to release it? That would just be stupid.

Let's say High Life was supposed to be released this past Friday. Then, the "Buy everything for free glitch" came out. Do you think R* would:

A: Release High Life anyway, knowing full well that people would glitch anything and everything in it in 5-10 minutes and be right back to bitching about there being "nothing to do"

B: Since there hadn't been an announcement about the release, simply delay it, fix the issue and have a harmless Snapmatic contest (that, to players, came out of nowhere) to pacify players until they were sure that all of the stuff can't be glitched in 5-10 minutes.

-Bill

If you don't think that they could release the new content and patch that glitch all in one patch you're just silly.

Also, @ above, and lets assume that Steve Jobs magically got his "company" from an outside force instantly, but for some reason everyone says that it's okay. Isn't Gate's achievement diminished just the same?

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

@Arya

The billionaire days were a nightmare, everyone blowing up everything in sight with total impunity because it cost them nothing. By playing legit you actually appreciate the money you have and spend it more conservatively. There's a reason why right after the cash wipe this game got so much more fun (with less trolls running around spending their billions indescriminately), and that reason is that people having too much money was ruining the game for everyone else. The cheaters may have found it more fun, but all the legit people getting picked on probably felt differently about it (I know I did).

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by freedomna, 29 April 2014 - 06:41 PM.

-Bill

If you don't think that they could release the new content and patch that glitch all in one patch you're just silly.

They have to find out how to patch it, along with bug testing it, making sure the release will be stable, etc. Bug fixing is not as easy as changing a variable. I once spent an hour trying to fix a bug on a simple program (600 something lines long) can't even imagine the difficulty of at least a million lines of code.

Source: Computer Science Major at Kennesaw/Southern-poly State University.

jakfox
  • jakfox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Maybe if R* actually tested the game, we wouldn't have all these glitches.  They have no one but themselves to blame.   If you feel bad go buy cash cards.  I sure as heck don't.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

-Bill

They have to find out how to patch it, along with bug testing it, making sure the release will be stable, etc. Bug fixing is not as easy as changing a variable. I once spent an hour trying to fix a bug on a simple program (600 something lines long) can't even imagine the difficulty of at least a million lines of code.

Then release the DLC and disable the content creator for a short period while you work on it.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Maybe if R* actually tested the game, we wouldn't have all these glitches.  They have no one but themselves to blame.   If you feel bad go buy cash cards.  I sure as heck don't.

I just posted why this is not true. Go on ahead though and knock yourself out with your delusions.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

All I hear from glitchers is "Wah wah waaah. We gotta grind to get money!". Is that an issue? If so, what's your favorite game? Is it linear, or free roam like GTAO? Does it have DLC? If so, do you have to pay for it? Exactly. Would you rather have to pay for everything, and money be easier to get? Or have everything be Free, but you have to grind? I for one would rather grind for free. You self entitled rich kids are so damn spoiled and expect handouts. Literally the ONLY thing we've HAD to pay for is $60 for a game, plus the little change for tax. Everything else was free, or you didn't NEED to buy to get the full experience of GTAO. So god forbid you have to actually put in work and earn something for once in your lazy, miserable lives, right?

Let me blow ur argument out of the water

We gotta grind to get money!". Is that an issue?

Yes it is a game is supposed to be fun not a f*cking grind

If so, what's your favorite game?

GTA IV up until the modding on consoles in the last 6 months of its life b4 GTA v

Is it linear, or free roam like GTAO?

Free roam obviously races deathmatch and other jobs could be started from the phone

Does it have DLC?

Yes TBOGT and TLAD

If so, do you have to pay for it?

Yes. Either the EFLC disc for $29.99 when it was new ($19.99 used and years later)
Or $20 for TBOGT and $10 for TLAD

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

-Bill

Then release the DLC and disable the content creator for a short period while you work on it.

It is not just content creator. Last time I checked SP2MP doesn't require the content creator, along with a dozen other glitches the denizens have discovered. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

There are people in the world that want to cheat to obtain what they want and there are people who will play by the rules put forth by the creator. 

And similar to religion, each way of life will be judged via said creator and dealt with in the way the creator deems correct for his creation. 

jakfox
  • jakfox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by jakfox, 29 April 2014 - 06:46 PM.

I just posted why this is not true. Go on ahead though and knock yourself out with your delusions.

Only people who are deluded are people paying 60 bucks for the game, and then shelling out hundreds for shark cards.  Some might call it worse than a gambling addiction. While rockstar continues to remove content out of the game to prevent a small minority from acheving something no one else cares about.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

There are people in the world that want to cheat to obtain what they want and there are people who will play by the rules put forth by the creator. 

And similar to religion, each way of life will be judged via said creator and dealt with in the way the creator deems correct for his creation. 

Preferably with decimation for the cheats. Have every 10th glitcher banned sounds fun, making it public with Rockstar staff holding an execution. I would pay to see that.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Because, they fixed killing people in their garage with the last patch, right?

Because, every time R* has said something was "fixed," that automatically made it so, right?

Also, taking the content creator down didn't require a patch... It just required taking the creator down, taking content away from every single player on GTAO... The direct result of glitching.

Again, what would it matter if they came out and said "Glitching and modding delays content"? You wouldn't stop doing it anyway. Because,as long as you get what you want, the hell with everyone else.

-Bill

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

Nearly everyone can afford a single supercar and fully mod it to be competitive in races which can still easily be won in stock cars. All having more money allows you to do is enjoy the game more, by being able to afford a variety of cars and drive them in free roam, being able to afford to respray your car as many times as you want without worrying about over inflated prices.
Money glitching just makes the game more enjoyable for some people without actually giving you an advantage. This argument is only for money glitching though and not other types of glitching and nodding.

If money was so unimportant and so easy to get as you claim, why would people still be glitching?

Money is important, but you don't need much money to afford to be competitive in this game. People may still be glitching since they want to enjoy all aspects of the game without as many limitations(even though they still exist). I've done enough glitching months ago, and have everything I wanted. I play legit now and don't feel the need for anymore money, I just gain money from helping friends in a variety of missions. Some people may still glitch even though they have enough because they want to have as much money possible for future dlcs before glitches are patched, so they don't have to grind another mission again just to enjoy the game.
  • xInfamousRYANx likes this

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Only people who are deluded are people paying 60 bucks for the game, and then shelling out hundreds for shark cards.  Some might call it worse than a gambling addiction.

I advice you to read my Argument for Cashcards thread. Very useful.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1065260467

Ova-Destroy
  • Ova-Destroy

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

people are more likely to harass me and blow up my stuff..

when you work for your money you think twice before blowing up my adder

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Money is important, but you don't need much money to afford to be competitive in this game. People may still be glitching since they want to enjoy all aspects of the game without as many limitations(even though they still exist). I've done enough glitching months ago, and have everything I wanted. I play legit now and don't feel the need for anymore money, I just gain money from helping friends in a variety of missions. Some people may still glitch even though they have enough because they want to have as much money possible for future dlcs before glitches are patched, so they don't have to grind another mission again just to enjoy the game.

Because the only two ways of making money are grinding and glitching? This game wasn't made to be beaten within a month or so. You are suppose to take your time, like in most RPGs. You miss the point of the game if you want everything right off the bat.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

So, take away content because of a glitch, but go ahead and release other content that, the instant it gets out, glitchers are going to try to find a way to glitch that, too.

How about, stop glitching and modding, then you don't have to worry about whether or not your glitching is causing content to be deleayed or worse, causing released content to be disabled.

-Bill

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

You un-legitimently have a huge advantage, you can pay for anything and insurance and everything. 
You shouldn't be able to do this, as you did no work to earn the position you achieved.

Wish I could give this statement a quadrillion likes.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by xInfamousRYANx, 29 April 2014 - 06:53 PM.

people are more likely to harass me and blow up my stuff..

when you work for your money you think twice before blowing up my adder

No I dont my money is on a second character or.i use a 90 dollar jerry can and my exhaust backfire to destroy the car

Also for this whole game shouldn't be beaten in 1 month blay blah rpg style game. GTA has never been an RPG its always been meant to be a sandbox to goof around in with a few things else to do. But goofing around in free roam gets u no money and in this game u need money which is pathetic

jakfox
  • jakfox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Only people who are deluded are people paying 60 bucks for the game, and then shelling out hundreds for shark cards.  Some might call it worse than a gambling addiction.

Thank you.  I've read your thread and while you have some points, I still disagree with them.  R* only seems preoccupied with stopping people from having a good time.   While you may not have a problem shelling out money for cash cards, others might.  I paid for the game once and all I got was broken promises...still waiting on heists which were supposed to be ages ago.  Shark cards seem to be taking away from development time while people find ways around them.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Thank you.  I've read your thread and while you have some points, I still disagree with them.  R* only seems preoccupied with stopping people from having a good time.   While you may not have a problem shelling out money for cash cards, others might.  I paid for the game once and all I got was broken promises...still waiting on heists which were supposed to be ages ago.  Shark cards seem to be taking away from development time while people find ways around them.

I am still in the boat of Rockstar having to delay because of all these cheats. Now it is not the only reason why it is delayed, but it is a considerable factor.

R3N3GAUG316
  • R3N3GAUG316

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Let me blow ur argument out of the water

We gotta grind to get money!". Is that an issue?

Yes it is a game is supposed to be fun not a f*cking grind

If so, what's your favorite game?

GTA IV up until the modding on consoles in the last 6 months of its life b4 GTA v

Is it linear, or free roam like GTAO?

Free roam obviously races deathmatch and other jobs could be started from the phone

Does it have DLC?

Yes TBOGT and TLAD

If so, do you have to pay for it?

Yes. Either the EFLC disc for $29.99 when it was new ($19.99 used and years later)
Or $20 for TBOGT and $10 for TLAD

You blew nothing out of the water. The legit players obviously don't find the grind to be a burden. And your FAVORITE game had paid DLC. This DLC is free.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

This thread is pointless.

Here's the deal, I will continue to glitch money, cars, and all other things (except RP), until I can do it no more. I do not care what imaginary effect you think it has on you, and I do not care about your morality. I will continue to have fun with my game however I want with the exception of directly griefing someone in an online session.

No amount of discussion will make this game's missions more fun, or make my desire of keeping my money legit any less diminished by cash cards.

The fact that some over-entitled 12 yr old with his mother's credit card could have what I just spent 4 hours working for completely belittles the work I would put into the game.

Until they add some kind of "RP card" to purchase, I will continue to keep my rank legit. I'm a legit 230 with 40 days of game time  and I take pride in that because there is not another "legit" way to just acquire RP instantly.

Keep having fun in your game however you want to, whether it be playing missions over and over, money glitching and buying all the things, or bringing in cool cars from single-player that can only be obtained through the save editor because Rockstar failed to give us all of the cosmetic options for vehicles.

Cheers!

giphy.gif

• Ninja_Gear and Choppers like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users