Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the problem with glitched money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Glitched money (182 member(s) have cast votes)

Does glitched money ruin your gaming experience?

1. Yes. (66 votes [36.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.26%

2. No. (116 votes [63.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.74%

Vote
Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

Dear diary, today Bill Leonard tore the OP a new one....
Are you a lawyer Bill? You f*cking should be lol

Fukk Bill Leonard and his opinions

Well why don't you put forward some clear and concise ideas to counter his argument, 'cause from where I'm sitting he's winning this debate. ( and this is coming from someone who voted "no")

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by Heffe707, 29 April 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Honestly I feel like RP glitching is far worse. You are able to attain weapons and vehicles of mass destruction that a low level that cash glitchers can't buy. Glitching money never helped me gain level, I still have to earn those weapons you get by leveling up. My bad I don't feel like busting ass to just be able to compete with the favored high levels and RP glitchers. My fast car i bought with my glitched money helps me get away from a RPG or tank dicks. If anything it gets me to a position to defend myself against such. Most of my glitched cash goes to 20k paint jobs or 20k rims, more things Rockstar has over priced to promote cash card buying.
  • xInfamousRYANx and SingularSoul like this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

No.  The amount of impatient kids grinding Rooftop Rumble is what ruined my gaming experience.  I money glitch just to have money to blow on ammo, and insurance if I ever have to blow up some asshole's PV.

Back before I decided to money glitch for ammo and such, I worked for a fully-modded Entity by just playing the game normally, and it was a great feeling.  Yet most of the GTA Online community just prefers to play the same mission over, and over, and over again, almost making me wish there was no money-system in this game, so these people would stop grinding.

That's because most missions are a complete waste of time. The payout nerfs ensure grinding missions. 

• xInfamousRYANx likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Dreams were so 'ard even his nightmares were scared of him

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

No.  The amount of impatient kids grinding Rooftop Rumble is what ruined my gaming experience.  I money glitch just to have money to blow on ammo, and insurance if I ever have to blow up some asshole's PV.

Back before I decided to money glitch for ammo and such, I worked for a fully-modded Entity by just playing the game normally, and it was a great feeling.  Yet most of the GTA Online community just prefers to play the same mission over, and over, and over again, almost making me wish there was no money-system in this game, so these people would stop grinding.

That's because most missions are a complete waste of time. The payout nerfs ensure grinding missions. 

exactly. 5 mins for 18k or 25 for 5k. the payouts shouldnt have been nerfed at all

• A Maned Wolf and xInfamousRYANx like this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

I don't have a problem with glitching. If you've been here since October, you'll realize why people resorted to it... R* slashed the pay of missions, races, ....

This is an excuse.

People were doing it when they found out they could do it. Long before the pay slash. 

I had a few crew members hit those glitches for millions.

After Rockstar did the slash, people picked this up as an excuse to continue doing it...why?

Cause cheating and lying tend to go hand in hand.

Heffe707
  • Heffe707

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

exactly. 5 mins for 18k or 25 for 5k. the payouts shouldnt have been nerfed at all

Right? It's like they want you to grind RR. They are surely aware of the imbalance in mission payouts.
  • GrandTheftBatman likes this

RubbaJonny92
  • RubbaJonny92

Crackhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

Love it me....makes a change from doing races, missions etc and getting crap money. Unfair advantage? Unlucky! Haters gonna hate, glitchers gonna glitch.

:lol:

• xInfamousRYANx and Shotty Pop like this

tismo74
  • tismo74

The Tismo

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by tismo74, 29 April 2014 - 05:47 PM.

I hate glitchin' period. I like legit players like myself and I. People who glitch are bàaad specially that bio hazard or something. Oh and that moodified gang. Yuck they are the worstest. I hope they leave GTA so we can play in peace and legitly.

-TIS

As soon as I knew they are glitchers I left their glitchy glitchy gang.
  • ugotsmoked, Sugar Free Nos, A Maned Wolf and 2 others like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

I hate glitchin' period. I like legit players like myself and I. People who glitch are bàaad specially that bio hazard or something. Oh and that moodified gang. Yuck they are the worstest. I hope they leave GTA so we can play in peace and legitly.

-TIS

Yah I kno d3m glitches with der sp mp r breaking da gaem with der custom plates free cars and fun. Se3r cl33r of dem

-Ryan

Winning001
  • Winning001

Dreams were so 'ard even his nightmares were scared of him

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

-TIS

Yah I kno d3m glitches with der sp mp r breaking da gaem with der custom plates free cars and fun. Se3r cl33r of dem

-Ryan

the custom plates are the problem right der. theyre causing the game to freeze duh

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by xInfamousRYANx, 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM.

Yah dat stinger convertible wit da NRVOUS plate is so gaem bruking. Fukk glitcher dey freze game and delay heists

-Ryan

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM.

-TIS

-Ryan

the custom plates are the problem right der. theyre causing the game to freeze duh

Forreal bro. Dem North Yankton plates caused mahh heists to be delayed doee.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

-TIS

-Ryan

Snarf snarf.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

Yup dem yankton plates so ruon gaem. I hate all glitches fukkk dem all up reset to lvl 1 dey deserve to

o ILL AUDIO o
  • o ILL AUDIO o

GTAF All-Stars LT

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

everyone grinding one mission=dead game.
I haven't played GTAO for the last week or 2... mainly cause of Rooftop Rumble. The glitched money isn't killing the game, it's the community of RR grinders that are.
  • Biohazard Abyss and Sir Michael like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thus^^^^^

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by BLeonard, 29 April 2014 - 05:56 PM.

Well why don't you put forward some clear and concise ideas to counter his argument, 'cause from where I'm sitting he's winning this debate. ( and this is coming from someone who voted "no")

Because he doesn't have any ideas... As long as he can glitch, that's all he cares about.

He doesn't care about GTA, doesn't care about other players, doesn't care if what he's doing is morally wrong, if not outright illegal (since cash cards put a tangible, monetary value on GTA$, one could argue that glitching is no different than stealing from a physical store).

All's he and people like him are looking for is validation from others that what they are doing is OK. Funny thing is, if it were OK, they wouldn't need validation. You don't see people asking "what's the problem with playing Rooftop Rumble 5 times an hour" because there is no problem with it...

Hell, R* made it easier to do by putting it on the menu so that you can play it whenever you wanted, how many ever times you want. You'll notice that there is no "Glitch money" option that R* directly put into the game... Glitching is simply exploiting a hole in the game coding to get a desired result.

All's you hear from glitchers is the same tired argument, which has been debunked: "It doesn't affect anyone else." Wrong, as I have posted about many times in this thread. Without glitching and modding, the servers would not have come down in mid-January for the SOLE PURPOSE of wiping bogus money. The content creator wouldn't have been taken down last week, either.

-Bill
  • ugotsmoked and freedomna like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

You shouldn't play GTAOnline as if it is a job to make money, that's your issue and everyone else's who grinds Rooftop Rumble.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

No bit if you play like me fun to me is screwing around in free roam having 100k in the bank is nothing. Maybe I like playing the game the way I want to play. Guess what yoi join random jobs these days 9/10 its rr

R3N3GAUG316
  • R3N3GAUG316

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

The fact that people don't see a problem with hacking/glitching and ruining other peoples experience is exactly the immature mindset that ruins things for everyone else. I literally play races, and TDM's, and contact missions, and before I know it, I've made hundreds of thousands in what only seemed like an hour. Why would R* make all the payouts really high? Then once a person gets everything easy, they'll have no reason to play. Nerfing the payouts insure that at least the legit players will actually play the game for months, and maybe even years to come. Stop glitching and then bitching that new content keeps getting delayed when its your fault to begin with. You guys keep saying the money glitching isn't the big deal. Pay attention, you imbeciles. Its not the money itself. Its the consequences. Why would R* release heists or other DLC if you immature and impatient children won't work for it, and just exploit money from heists to buy everything anyways? Your money glitches ARE affecting content releases. Remember "BAWSAQ"? Yeah. THAT can't be released either, because people would just exploit that as well. The game was intended to be played under specific guidelines, and you children can't even do that. If you don't like the rules of the game and can't grasp that you ruin other peoples good time, then create your own game with YOUR rules. Now what if R* says " f*ck it" and completely cripples the in-game economy, and the ONLY way to make money would be to purchase cash cards, since people have been glitching in-game money? THEN all the hackers/glitches/modders would bitch and moan, and really destroy everyone's experience. Quit being selfish. If you want to glitch/hack, do it in a private lobby with other people of your kind.
  • ugotsmoked and FasterThanYou like this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Only idiots grind RR all day. Only idiots glitch money.

I just play what I feel like playing and the money builds itself up while I have fun.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

What I don't understand is how people are so hateful towards money glitching, but cash cards are just fine.

Both cause you to gain money in-game with no in-game work, just one is "acceptable" by the game developer and one is not. Both cash cards and money glitching devalue the amount of time you put in to playing the game legit.

The only way money glitching affects you is if you actually believe that glitches are delaying Rockstar's output of content, which is just silly, and you only have yourself to blame. Like Raavi said 6 pages ago, there are multiple different teams that work on different things.

-FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper

• Shotty Pop likes this

R3N3GAUG316
  • R3N3GAUG316

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

What I don't understand is how people are so hateful towards money glitching, but cash cards are just fine.

Both cause you to gain money in-game with no in-game work, just one is "acceptable" by the game developer and one is not. Both cash cards and money glitching devalue the amount of time you put in to playing the game legit.

The only way money glitching affects you is if you actually believe that glitches are delaying Rockstar's output of content, which is just silly, and you only have yourself to blame. Like Raavi said 6 pages ago, there are multiple different teams that work on different things.

For the same damn reason we don't care that bill gates MAKES a sh*tload of money a day, but we look down on people who steal the sane amount of money in a day. One person works their ass off and is legit, and the other is an impatient peabrain that exploits things and ruins someone's day.
  • ugotsmoked likes this

tismo74
  • tismo74

The Tismo

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

quote name="R3N3GAUG316" post="1065285767" timestamp="1398794373"]

The fact that people don't see a problem with hacking/glitching and ruining other peoples experience is exactly the immature mindset that ruins things for everyone else. I literally play races, and TDM's, and contact missions, and before I know it, I've made hundreds of thousands in what only seemed like an hour. Why would R* make all the payouts really high? Then once a person gets everything easy, they'll have no reason to play. Nerfing the payouts insure that at least the legit players will actually play the game for months, and maybe even years to come. Stop glitching and then bitching that new content keeps getting delayed when its your fault to begin with. You guys keep saying the money glitching isn't the big deal. Pay attention, you imbeciles. Its not the money itself. Its the consequences. Why would R* release heists or other DLC if you immature and impatient children won't work for it, and just exploit money from heists to buy everything anyways? Your money glitches ARE affecting content releases. Remember "BAWSAQ"? Yeah. THAT can't be released either, because people would just exploit that as well. The game was intended to be played under specific guidelines, and you children can't even do that. If you don't like the rules of the game and can't grasp that you ruin other peoples good time, then create your own game with YOUR rules. Now what if R* says " f*ck it" and completely cripples the in-game economy, and the ONLY way to make money would be to purchase cash cards, since people have been glitching in-game money? THEN all the hackers/glitches/modders would bitch and moan, and really destroy everyone's experience. Quit being selfish. If you want to glitch/hack, do it in a private lobby with other people of your kind.[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel man. I haven't played in FR in like a month I always play private lobbies and I feel like I only play half the game but o paid for the full version. It really sucks because I had to keep begging Mom to buy it for me and its like my life is ruined. Please people stop this glitchin thingies.
  • SurfaceNoise likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 29 April 2014 - 06:12 PM.

For the same damn reason we don't care that bill gates MAKES a sh*tload of money a day, but we look down on people who steal the sane amount of money in a day. One person works their ass off and is legit, and the other is an impatient peabrain that exploits things and ruins someone's day.

Bill Gates working his ass off? 

tumblr_menxtbk8GP1r3ua6lo1_500.gif

Right. I would say even the laziest of thieves works his ass off more then Bill Gates.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

tumblr_menxtbk8GP1r3ua6lo1_500.gif

Right. I would say even the of thieves works his ass off more then Bill Gates.

Are you telling me it was easy creating Microsoft? 

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:14 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 29 April 2014 - 06:14 PM.

Right. I would say even the of thieves works his ass off more then Bill Gates.

Are you telling me it was easy creating Microsoft? 

Easyer then making money in GTA O. 

• Shotty Pop likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

@NOS

The difference is that cash cards are a socialist way of paying for the DLC, all the poor people who could barely afford the game don't need to worry about spending any more money but the rich people have money to spare and spend it accordingly. I'm not rich but I have enough that I've bought a few cash cards over the months just to show my support, and I for one love the idea that a whole bunch of rich kids are spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on cash cards, subsidizing me and all the other less wealthy people in the process.

Add to that glitching/cheating can be done without bounds, whereas people can only buy as many cash cards as they can afford in real life (which is inevitably going to be less than the amount of money most glitchers cheat into their accounts). I may not be happy about going against one of those rich kids in Free Roam since they'd be free to troll with impunity, but those rich kids are few and far between (and they're probably not all trolls) so the benefits of this system far outweigh the costs. The alternative would be paid DLC which a lot of people couldn't afford and which would limit the amount of people who could play together (since with other games that have paid DLC you only get matched with people who have all the same stuff you do, and anyone who doesn't is segregated which would severely hurt/slow down matchmaking). This way everyone gets the DLC and everyone gets to play together, with the only people paying being the ones with money to spare. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal all around and I'm mystified why so many people hate it so much.

Of course cash cards aren't a perfect system and there's certainly the possibility they could be badly implemented (in such a way that you need to buy them just to enjoy the game), but I don't think that's the case with this game and I think R* did a great job of making it fair.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

I can talk like an idiot too.

3v3ry0n3570p741k1ng57up1d0r1'11h4v370c0m30v3r7h3r34ndI3l0wy0u0ff ! 

Spoiler

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

I can talk like an idiot too.

3v3ry0n3570p741k1ng57up1d0r1'11h4v370c0m30v3r7h3r34ndI3l0wy0u0ff ! 

Spoiler

Translation
Everyone stop talking stupid or I'll have to come over there and blow you off!

Do u think u used enough 1337 5p33k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users