Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the problem with glitched money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Glitched money (182 member(s) have cast votes)

Does glitched money ruin your gaming experience?

1. Yes. (66 votes [36.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.26%

2. No. (116 votes [63.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.74%

Vote
Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

If you lived during billionaire days during December, there's nothing you can do but buy chrome adders and high end apartment with fully stocked weapons. Everybody feels like nothing to do here and bored the players. That also foreshadowed Capture mode since everybody is getting used to billionaire and it hurts R* cash cards. Nowadays everybody is playing fairly now, like grinding missions, proper races,etc who deserves money while you f*ckheads just ruining it. YOU DON'T DESERVE IT. f*ckING EARN IT. The main objective in GTA Online is about money. MONEEYH

Umm...the december cash "giving" was optional. You didnt have to buy a zillion adders and chrome them so that when they remove your money, you still have all of it tied up in cars.

I was given 200 billion dollars; i didnt spend one dime.
I also have not glitched, hacked or exploited any cash. Have 1 apartment, 10 fully tuned cars with 300 grand in the bank at level 150. I do not own any planes/helis or any special pegasus vehicles. Ive been playing GTA O from the start.

jakfox
  • jakfox

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Maybe if R* actually tested the game, we wouldn't have all these glitches.  They have no one but themselves to blame.   If you feel bad go buy cash cards.  I sure as heck don't.

I just posted why this is not true. Go on ahead though and knock yourself out with your delusions.

Only people who are deluded are people paying 60 bucks for the game, and then shelling out hundreds for shark cards.  Some might call it worse than a gambling addiction.

I advice you to read my Argument for Cashcards thread. Very useful.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1065260467

Thank you.  I've read your thread and while you have some points, I still disagree with them.  R* only seems preoccupied with stopping people from having a good time.   While you may not have a problem shelling out money for cash cards, others might.  I paid for the game once and all I got was broken promises...still waiting on heists which were supposed to be ages ago.  Shark cards seem to be taking away from development time while people find ways around them.

I am still in the boat of Rockstar having to delay because of all these cheats. Now it is not the only reason why it is delayed, but it is a considerable factor.

I wouldn't blame the minority.  My finger is still pointed at R*.  Lots of people knew about these glitches but still chose not to use them.  In return R* took the content creator away for their efforts.  

Like the one kid who chews gum in class, failing to put his gum in the trash, he has ruined it for everyone else. 

Where are the fixes for the random disconnects from lobbies?  oh, wait, cashcard sales are down because someone found a loophole.  Fix that before we can play with each other.  IMO their priorities are way out of wack.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

I can kill this right now.

All I hear from glitchers is "Wah wah waaah. We gotta grind to get money!". Is that an issue? If so, what's your favorite game? Is it linear, or free roam like GTAO? Does it have DLC? If so, do you have to pay for it? Exactly. Would you rather have to pay for everything, and money be easier to get? Or have everything be Free, but you have to grind? I for one would rather grind for free. You self entitled rich kids are so damn spoiled and expect handouts. Literally the ONLY thing we've HAD to pay for is $60 for a game, plus the little change for tax. Everything else was free, or you didn't NEED to buy to get the full experience of GTAO. So god forbid you have to actually put in work and earn something for once in your lazy, miserable lives, right?

Let me blow ur argument out of the water

We gotta grind to get money!". Is that an issue?

Yes it is a game is supposed to be fun not a f*cking grind

If so, what's your favorite game?

GTA IV up until the modding on consoles in the last 6 months of its life b4 GTA v

Is it linear, or free roam like GTAO?

Free roam obviously races deathmatch and other jobs could be started from the phone

Does it have DLC?

Yes TBOGT and TLAD

If so, do you have to pay for it?

Yes. Either the EFLC disc for $29.99 when it was new ($19.99 used and years later)
Or $20 for TBOGT and $10 for TLAD
You blew nothing out of the water. The legit players obviously don't find the grind to be a burden. And your FAVORITE game had paid DLC. This DLC is free.
No because u said im gonna end this argument now. What are ur fave game. Implying that us glitchers like no other games

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

This thread is pointless.

Here's the deal, I will continue to glitch money, cars, and all other things (except RP), until I can do it no more. I do not care what imaginary effect you think it has on you, and I do not care about your morality. I will continue to have fun with my game however I want with the exception of directly griefing someone in an online session.

No amount of discussion will make this game's missions more fun, or make my desire of keeping my money legit any less diminished by cash cards.

The fact that some over-entitled 12 yr old with his mother's credit card could have what I just spent 4 hours working for completely belittles the work I would put into the game.

Until they add some kind of "RP card" to purchase, I will continue to keep my rank legit. I'm a legit 230 with 40 days of game time  and I take pride in that because there is not another "legit" way to just acquire RP instantly.

Keep having fun in your game however you want to, whether it be playing missions over and over, money glitching and buying all the things, or bringing in cool cars from single-player that can only be obtained through the save editor because Rockstar failed to give us all of the cosmetic options for vehicles.

Cheers!
giphy.gif

Your post gets a bit convoluted at the end...
Your RP may be legit, but your cash and "success" is totally not legit and never will be unless you make a new character.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

Scrub so hard they call me magic eraser

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 29 April 2014 - 07:01 PM.

Here's the deal, I will continue to glitch money, cars, and all other things (except RP), until I can do it no more. I do not care what imaginary effect you think it has on you, and I do not care about your morality. I will continue to have fun with my game however I want with the exception of directly griefing someone in an online session.

No amount of discussion will make this game's missions more fun, or make my desire of keeping my money legit any less diminished by cash cards.

The fact that some over-entitled 12 yr old with his mother's credit card could have what I just spent 4 hours working for completely belittles the work I would put into the game.

Until they add some kind of "RP card" to purchase, I will continue to keep my rank legit. I'm a legit 230 with 40 days of game time  and I take pride in that because there is not another "legit" way to just acquire RP instantly.

Keep having fun in your game however you want to, whether it be playing missions over and over, money glitching and buying all the things, or bringing in cool cars from single-player that can only be obtained through the save editor because Rockstar failed to give us all of the cosmetic options for vehicles.

Cheers!
giphy.gif

Also, just to add to this:
qthzwAx.gif

You guys should just chill out and go have some coffee.

Your post gets a bit convoluted at the end...
Your RP may be legit, but your cash and "success" is totally not legit and never will be unless you make a new character.

That assumes you measure success in this game with the amount of money you make, which I do not.

The amount of fun I can have in-game, however is directly reliant on how much money I have. 

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Of course you "don't care." As long as you are happy, screw everyone else.

Then, don't play the game... You're really not playing anyway, if you just glitch.

If you consider it "work," that's your problem... Hell, I'd argue that doing a glitch over and over is more boring than doing a mission over and over. You're still "grinding," just in a way that exploits the game code (and as I stated earlier, possibly illegal).

So, you're against cash cards, but not what essentially amounts to a "Pay-To-Win" card...

OK, then no bitching if a wall breacher or garage glitcher kills you or blows all of your cars up and you end up losing them... After all, they're just "having fun in your game however you want to"... Right?

-Bill
  • Iroquois, Lucius Aelius and freedomna like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Dont mind me. Just throwin this out there 
18+04+2014+The+Tragedy+_69c2b4fd9f03bb8b

• Ninja_Gear, Thisguyherenow and Sugar Free Nos like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Dear god, Billy, this really upsets you, doesn't it.

-Nos teh Boss

• xInfamousRYANx likes this

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Where are the fixes for the random disconnects from lobbies?  oh, wait, cashcard sales are down because someone found a loophole.  Fix that before we can play with each other.  IMO their priorities are way out of wack.

What if you learned that a portion of the disconnects and freezes are direct results of people glitching...? Because, it certainly is possible.

Manipulating the game's code can have other effects than just what the glitcher is hoping to accomplish...

-Bill

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:07 PM Edited by Winning001, 29 April 2014 - 07:07 PM.

What if you learned that a portion of the disconnects and freezes are direct results of people glitching...? Because, it certainly is possible.

Manipulating the game's code can have other effects than just what the glitcher is hoping to accomplish...

-Bill

manipulating the code is modding/hacking (depending on what you're doing). Glitching requires no extra code, its just exploiting faults in the game

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Because the only two ways of making money are grinding and glitching? This game wasn't made to be beaten within a month or so. You are suppose to take your time, like in most RPGs. You miss the point of the game if you want everything right off the bat.

I don't enjoy mmorpg games and I was very disappointed that this game become one. Most of my enjoyment from this game comes from free roam with friends, and you lose a lot more money than you can gain, so you could play many different missions (which aren't enjoyable at all, and have terrible pay outs), or you could keep on playing a high paying mission (which at the time would have been violent duct), which would be even less enjoyable but would let you progress through the game at a faster pace. I only had my personal vehicle, and i couldn't afford to do anything to it. By this point I had already lost my character so I just chose to glitch money. I never planned on playing an mmorpg and instead wanted to play a gta game, and I started to enjoy the game a lot more after i could start driving with cars i liked in free roam. I still had to win 50 races to be able to upgrade my cars and i didn't trade wins at all. I still had to level up to unlock car parts and weapons. I felt a sense of progression but it never felt like a grind since i was able to enjoy the game in free roam and with friends.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

-Bill
God damn it nobody glitches in open servers. Too many variables that could go wrong. Someone could kill you blow up irdupe. Mess up ur timing. Steal ur car ect

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

I couldn't care less if Ralph glitched for his car or if John grinded for many, many hours to get the same car.  Does it affect the way I play the game?  No, either way the person is going to have the car and chances are I'll end up blowing it up.  Anyone who says glitching ruins gameplay is just very upset that all the time they wasted doing things the legit way was, well, wasted.  I don't care if someone glitches and has 100M saved up.  Good for them, they pretty much never need to play missions again.  If someone played missions forever to earn 100M, are they really having fun?  How many times can these people play Rooftop Rumble before they finally get sick of it?

Glitching vs grinding, free aim vs auto aim, consoles vs pc, the arguments where one side understands the other, but the other side remains oblivious.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

-Bill

Nothing has changed in terms of glitching and the types of glitches in the game since 1.11 when Rockstar caused our games to freeze every 5 min.

It's not the "glitchers" fault.

Also, I found a pic of you IRL Billy:
8XGl0Tw.png

-Nossypoo
Well put and lol at the incredible likeness if BLeonard
  • jakfox likes this

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

So while one side uses logical arguments, the other resorts to Ad Hominem attacks. I guess that is when you know you won.

• Lucius Aelius likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

" Lie, Cheetah, Steal."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by A Maned Wolf, 29 April 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Are you telling me it was easy creating Microsoft? 

He got lucky.

Xerox technically had the first idea and design of the modern Personal Computer long before Microsoft and Apple, but was forced to give away their patents and designs to Microsoft.

So yes, it was easy to re-label existing technology.

• tali vas Normandy likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Don't Click the GIF

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I couldn't care less if Ralph glitched for his car or if John grinded for many, many hours to get the same car.  Does it affect the way I play the game?  No, either way the person is going to have the car and chances are I'll end up blowing it up.  Anyone who says glitching ruins gameplay is just very upset that all the time they wasted doing things the legit way was, well, wasted.  I don't care if someone glitches and has 100M saved up.  Good for them, they pretty much never need to play missions again.  If someone played missions forever to earn 100M, are they really having fun?  How many times can these people play Rooftop Rumble before they finally get sick of it?

Glitching vs grinding, free aim vs auto aim, consoles vs pc, the arguments where one side understands the other, but the other side remains oblivious.

hallelujer.jpg

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

The thing about earning something is that for the most part you can say, I earned that. Since you still have to rank up to unlock the good stuff and don't glitch a ridiculous amount of money just so you can destroy PV's without caring about insurance, It's not really a big deal to me. RP is a different matter though.

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Dear god, Billy, this really upsets you, doesn't it.

-Nos teh Boss

What upsets me is the fact that some people have the mindset that their obsession with glitching/modding/cheating the game trumps anyone else being able to play the game as intended.

But, at the same time, some people say "Money glitches/exploits are OK, but "game breaking" glitches/exploits are not.

Guess what? Your money glitches/exploits have resulted in having the servers taken down and have resulted in everyone losing the content creator last week.

When's the last time the servers got taken down because of someone using a wall breach?

When's the last time a garage glitcher caused everyone to literally lose access to a part of the game?

You and people like you keep beating this "it doesn't affect anyone else" drum, when that is clearly not true. Money glitches have now twice affected EVERY SNGLE PLAYER on GTA Online. Not "imaginary effects," as you put it.

-Bill

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by freedomna, 29 April 2014 - 07:18 PM.

He got lucky.

Xerox technically had the first idea and design of the modern Personal Computer long before Microsoft and Apple, but was forced to give away their patents and designs to Microsoft.

Sure the tech existed, but being able to market and produce it...

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by SouthWestPayDay, 29 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

10329298_10202783193373663_5420303789161

Lets see, You didn't earn it and you can use it to gain an advantage. Anyone still glitching money is a lame assed f*cktard! It's a game. If you suck so bad at it that you have to cheat then you should just quit!

Calm down....and count to 10.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:21 PM Edited by freedomna, 29 April 2014 - 07:21 PM.

So while one side uses logical arguments, the other resorts to Ad Hominem attacks. I guess that is when you know you won.

No, I'm just bored with this topic. I'm the real winner here because I'm content with playing the game how it is and all of the "legits" are upset with the game.

If you have nothing to contribute, then you are spamming.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Lol im done too. its another argument where each have their support and will agree to disagree.
Another great shot
The-Grim-Adventures-of-Billy-and-Mandy-C

BLeonard
  • BLeonard

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by BLeonard, 29 April 2014 - 07:25 PM.

manipulating the code is modding/hacking (depending on what you're doing). Glitching requires no extra code, its just exploiting faults in the game

You're arguing semantics here... The point remains: What if you were in a public lobby and someone doing a money glitch causes the entire lobby to freeze? You cool with that?

God damn it nobody glitches in open servers. Too many variables that could go wrong. Someone could kill you blow up irdupe. Mess up ur timing. Steal ur car ect

So, you've talked to every glitcher on GTA Online and confirmed this? If not, quit spouting it off as fact.

Nothing has changed in terms of glitching and the types of glitches in the game since 1.11 when Rockstar caused our games to freeze every 5 min.

It's not the "glitchers" fault.

Same response to you... Unless you work for R* and know this as fact, quit acting as if it is. If you have proof of this, I'd love to see it.

I told you earlier... They don't have an argument to present. They have zero issues "grinding" a glitch, but it's a problem if they actually have to play the game as intended.

-Bill

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

" Lie, Cheetah, Steal."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

He got lucky.

Sure the tech existed, but being able to market and produce it...

Xerox had a much larger marketing base than Microsoft, going back into pre WW1 times, along with being held as an official trade partner of the Queen.

It wasn't a issue with marketing, it was the higher up's ruling it as a fiscal risk. This coming after their massive success with their Xerox 914 copier.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

• Members
  • United-States

Thats why the poll speaks for itself the glitchers have actually won

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

^broke niggas

I'm pretty sure 7million isn't broke, 

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:27 PM Edited by freedomna, 29 April 2014 - 07:28 PM.

Thats why the poll speaks for itself the glitchers have actually won

Depends on how you defined won.

In a debate, one wins by providing logical arguments and counter arguments until their opponent can no longer defend their point.

All the poll shows is that their are 115 people who are content with ruining the game for others.

So far, two pro glitchers have given up and resorted to pure spam. The anti-glitchers are still strong in their defending their points. 

Numbers != Right

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

No one can win this argument. One group will always be upset that their game is "ruined", and the other group will continue having fun as they please and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Also, Raavi thieved the best moments from Billy and Mandy. I am a sad. 

• xInfamousRYANx likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:30 PM Edited by Raavi, 29 April 2014 - 07:31 PM.

This discussion surely has clearly its course now. Looks like we're done here.

• Sugar Free Nos, SouthWestPayDay, SingularSoul and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users