i like gta 4's physics better

156 replies to this topic
DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

GTA V feels...well...like a casual game and for mainstream gamers.

It's weird because the series has been insanely popular for well over a decade, but up until GTA V they seemed to be confident and content doing things their own way. Them being the ones that took risks and set the bar for games across genres. This entry however seems to have been influenced by it's competitors. Sadly I really think they lost their balls and tried to accommodate those that found other unmentioned urban open world games more accessible. 

• G.S.T and Sting4S like this

budfox26
  • budfox26

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

Yep, Rockstar listened to the small minority of players who complained about GTA IV and ruined GTA V for all of us.

• Tikhung likes this

budfox26
  • budfox26

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

IV physics is frustrating when you're actually trying to play though. V made the game much more accommodating and enjoyable.

Besides IV physics were not more realistic. Not at all. Motorcycles don't slip and slide like they do in IV, and super cars don't take corners like dump trucks.

The physics were awful and I hope they stick with these improvements for future games in the series.

I'm guessing you 

89261.jpg

apDgvyM.gif

Damn i miss Euphoria :(

Damn, gonna go play IV now. 

If rockstar carries on with its current trend of dumbing down sh*t the next GTA  we will be given bumper cars to drive and motorbikes with training wheels and cap guns to shoot at each other.what wankers.

lol.

• IGhostUlt likes this

patrikje
  • patrikje

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

GTA V has become so much more casual in every way.... It's a great game, but it is so dumbed down in every way..

The moment I got to drive the SUV in the first mission I was so dissapointed. Especially since it was in the snow, the car was just glued to the road. I just really miss some challenge with the driving in this game . My complaint isn't so much about realism, but about having some challenge. 

And adding to the super grip the cars have is all the aids you get like the steering aid. Everything is being done for you. So much dumbing down.....

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

Yep, Rockstar listened to the small minority of players who complained about GTA IV and ruined GTA V for all of us.

A big chunk of the players were really disappointed with it. Maybe not half but it was obviously a big chunk

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

Funny, there was a thread over on NeoGAF recently (aka, the biggest Gaming Forum) about how terrible Rockstar physics are, and near enough everyone agreeing that GTA IV was the worst game they've ever played in terms of how the main character controls and how GTAV is a big improvement on that but still broken.

The vast majority of people are retarded sheeple?

STOP THE PRESSES WE GOT OURSELVES A SCOOP

awright3331
  • awright3331

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

If you drove a car off of a high building on IV, you wouldnt blow up. If you landed properly.  In V if someone online drops you from mid air with a cargobob you blow up....It sucks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users