Driver suing teenager she struck and killed

57 replies to this topic
Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

If anyone is incompetent in that situation, it's the woman. She was 'DRIVING'. We all know how ''competent'' drivers women are. She should get smacked in the head and thrown into a gutter.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

I'm half tempted to ban you for that sexist bullsh*t.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Puttin' on an iron shirt.....

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

it's in Canada?
I saw frivolous lawsuit and assumed US...

Believe it or not this kind of nonsense is worse in the UK than anywhere else in the world.
"No win no fee" lawyers have seen to that.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:43 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 29 April 2014 - 10:45 AM.

Hope this f*cking c*nt gets her greedy, despicable ass destroyed in court. The judge needs to go off on this dirty scum sucking piece of sh*t. I really feel bad for these parents who's son she took away from them, then this f*cking bitch has the gall to SUE them? People like this make me hope there is a heaven and hell so she'll be burning once she dies.

• Witchking Of Angmar likes this

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

PS, Speaking of which, did you know in Japan, if you commit suicide by jumping in front of a train, the railroad sues your family? Yeah.

I don't know which is the law in other countries but we used to have a member in DDZN who was a railroad engineer in Australia.

Suicide attempts were very common in his line of work and definitely a constant daily stress for him.

One of these attempts was successful and to witness it caused him quite a shock.

As a standard procedure he had to take a period off the job but he seemed quite devastated by the whole thing (who wouldn't?).

Ultimately he left the gang and disappeared offline for good.

He said it wasn't nothing related to the gang. I guess he just needed time and privacy to cope with what had just happened to him.

He was quite a nice guy and I really felt sympathetic with him whenever he was telling us about the troubles of dealing with people trying to jump in front of his train.

Seeing a human being splattered on your train's windshield certainly isn't the best thing to deal with at work.

He was pretty upset by "the jumpers" cause their suicide attempts could also mean depression and shock for him or for one of his colleagues.

After all killing yourself is the ultimate act of egoism and egocentrism.

Even worse if by doing so you ruin someone else's life.

So it doesn't surprise me railroad companies sue the families of who commits suicide.

They lose money and sometimes experienced workers who have to be treated after such episodes.

Workers who sometimes never recover from the experience.

Workers who have families to support.

• *MURDOC*, Shmoopy and Killerdude8 like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 29 April 2014 - 11:32 AM.

That's how f*cking society works. Even if it was the teenagers fault, she still should be kind enough to consider that she just killed a person and perhaps console the family instead of succumbing to money and suing them to fix her "trauma"

Josh
  • Josh

Raus Raus Fila Fila

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Believe it or not this kind of nonsense is worse in the UK than anywhere else in the world.

Complete nonsense. The US files around 50% more lawsuits per 100,000 people than England and Wales (Scotland and Northern Ireland have separate systems and so weren't factored in to the study, not that it really matters.

• El Diablo, *MURDOC* and sivispacem like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

lawyers are slowly destroying society.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

The lack of un-intelligence of that woman is off the charts. What a freaking witch! 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

The lack of un-intelligence of that woman is off the charts. What a freaking witch!

Huh? You're saying she's intelligent?
  • *MURDOC*, Moth, gtamann123 and 1 other like this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Huh? You're saying she's intelligent?

You must of not understood me. I was saying she was idiot. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Surely you meant either "lack of intelligence" or "unintelligence" (which isn't a word but never mind)? A lack of "unintelligence" would suggest someone was intelligent.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

lawyers are slowly destroying society.

• El Diablo and Killerdude8 like this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm sorry, how is that sexist? You're opposing realism and you're saying realism is sexist? How?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

I'm sorry, how is that sexist? You're opposing realism and you're saying realism is sexist? How?

What actual evidence do you have that women are worse drives than men? How can you demonstrate this isn't a derogatory stereotype? I mean, all the statistical evidence suggests women are less likely to be arrested for driving infractions, less likely to be convicted of driving offences, less likely to be injured on the roads and less likely to be involved in accidents.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:02 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 30 April 2014 - 11:05 AM.

What actual evidence do you have that women are worse drives than men? How can you demonstrate this isn't a derogatory stereotype? I mean, all the statistical evidence suggests women are less likely to be arrested for driving infractions, less likely to be convicted of driving offences, less likely to be injured on the roads and less likely to be involved in accidents.

Well, that's good in all the days, but, I wasn't being sexist about anything. Driving can be laid out in a mosaic. It isn't just statistics about who gets in more accidents and who gets injured more in traffic.That all is connected to chance and since every day is a new day and the traffic ''landscape'' is different by the minute, you can't lay out any statistics on it. Traffic is dynamic, so statistics from yesterday don't apply to tommorow, it's just how it is. Chance. 

How good of a driver pulls something else rather than those statistics anyhow. How good of a driver depends on focus, insight, feeling, footwork, concentration, estimation, awareness, knowing the car as a machine, therefore economic or non-economic driving which causes not just fuel consumption level as average people think, but it also requires a various driving skills, mechanic-wise, especially if you're a manual car driver.

I don't know if it's the mother nature or are the genes main reason, but almost all women fail in comparison to men on that criterias. And that criterias are the real criterias to be used when estimating if a person is a good or a bad driver. It's not a stereotype, it's realism. There was no sexism at all. I have been driving with men and women for quite some time and I've been driven by hundreds of men and women in a car and I've been present in traffic as a driver and there is an outstanding noticable difference (at least for me) when I'm driven by a man and a woman as well as when I see how, when and arguably why men and women react in traffic. Pay attention in traffic or better yet, be in traffic for an extended period of time every single day as a passenger and as a driver and you'll start noticing the difference between reactions between both genders, whether they are older or younger drivers.

You don't have to be involved in a lot of accidents to be a bad driver nor having 0 accidents in 5-10 years of driving makes you a good driver.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

So you're saying women in general are worse drivers because you feel that way?
  • *MURDOC* likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:22 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 30 April 2014 - 11:23 AM.

So you're saying women in general are worse drivers because you feel that way?

No. It's because of their reactions throughout the driving period. Driving consists mostly of reactions. Also, women in general (not all, of course, but big majority) have a major downward line when it comes to maintaining pretty much every single element of driving when it comes to certain periods of time while driving, especially extended periods of time and complex traffic. I'm not saying there aren't male drivers who are bad, of course there are, but the much bigger majority of worse drivers are on the side of women. As I said, I don't know exactly why that is, but the fact is that it is true.

The quickest way to notice the difference is to let a man drive a road route which is long and getting more complex as the route progresses and then let a woman drive that same route. In maybe 1 out of 30 man-woman pairs, the woman will be more efficient as a driver than a man. You can apply the same test with letting a man and woman drive a long route which gets less complex as the route progresses.

Little things stack up to be the big thing in the end, the same is with driving. Small points make the big difference.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

I get it, the guy will get you there faster and consume less fuel. But I still value lives more than those 3-4 minutes a guy gets to the destination faster or those 50 cents of gas he saves along the way because of his efficient driving. Driving safely makes you a lot better driver than driving 'correctly'.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

I get it, the guy will get you there faster and consume less fuel. But I still value lives more than those 3-4 minutes a guy gets to the destination faster or those 50 cents of gas he saves along the way because of his efficient driving. Driving safely makes you a lot better driver than driving 'correctly'.

It's not just about those two things. And also, driving correctly doesn't shut down the possibility of driving safely and vice versa. Driving isn't even about who gets from point A to point B faster. Precision is also a big thing in driving. But, when I talked about ''small points'', I meant about things like noticing when men and when women use the brake in different situations (traffic lights, car braking in front of them, corners etc.) for example. You really have to see those performances take action, then you can understand completely. Talking about it without visual presence doesn't do anything.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

So Jimmy, how long have you been driving to give us this highly insightful interpretation of driving habits and how they differ between the sexes? For how many years, and for how many hundred thousand miles, have you been forming these views?

Because, in essence what you are saying is "every piece of statistical evidence; every analysis undertaken on the subject has demonstrated women are safer drivers than men but I personally think the opposite, probably because I'm a closet chauvinist, so that must be true. There's no way women can be safer drivers because I say so".

Ridiculous.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

Palikari
  • Palikari

עם ישראל חי

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

He's part of the moral dregs of humanity. The REAL emotional trauma is the one of the relatives and friends of the victims.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Ridiculous.

Well, if it's ridiculous to you, I can just advise you to spend a lot of time in traffic observing each and every minute. It helps if you like to drive. That's the only way you will be able to see what I'm saying. Also, I'm doing about 13 000 to 14 000 miles each year. Decent, but even if it was more or less, it's irrelevant to the point of observation. I'm not even here to argue or anything, I'm just saying I wasn't being sexist at all. If you pay attention yourself, you'll see the things I'm talking about too. However, if you consider yourself to be a bad driver or don't drive a lot, then it might be a little harder, but you can get to it, it will just take more time. :)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

I hold an ARDS National B licence, IAM Advanced and BMF Advanced Riding qualifications. I've averaged about 22,000 miles per year over the last 10 years, plus several thousand miles of track driving and a bit of competition. I'm fairly confident it isn't an issue of lack of awareness on my part.

I'll agree that there are certain kinds of female driver who are significantly less likely to be fully aware, make sound judgements or concentrate properly, but they are neither representative of female drivers as a whole nor is behaviour of this kind unique to women.

However there is little dispute with the facts. If women were on average less aware or less likely to be concentrated, or less competent than men, one would expect, given that there are roughly similar numbers of men and women on the road, for more accidents to involve women. This simply isn't the case. Additionally, you would see a greater instance of accidents in which female drivers were deemed to be at fault; similarly, the inverse is true. Your personal protestations and subjective observation don't make either of these facts any less true.

Look, if you think you see worse driving from women than men, I can't contradict that. I don't know what you have or haven't observed. But given that all the evidence, and my own personal experience, are at odds with your perception, I can only conclude that either you have a subconscious prejudice against women drivers and expect to observe worse driving from them (confirmation bias) or you really aren't as aware as you like to pretend.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Puttin' on an iron shirt.....

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Complete nonsense. The US files around 50% more lawsuits per 100,000 people than England and Wales (Scotland and Northern Ireland have separate systems and so weren't factored in to the study, not that it really matters.

My bad, I mixing up medical negligence claims (which are greater now in the uk than anywhere else) with all other lawsuits.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

hopefully somehow the parents are awarded the money instead.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

At least we all know she will live the rest of her life being known as the bitchiest bitch in the whole world.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 May 2014 - 06:51 PM.

Sharlene Simon, 42, struck all three of the boys with her SUV.

Majewski’s father, Derek Majewski, acknowledged to the Toronto Sun that the boys shouldn’t have been out so late – it was past 1 a.m. at the time of the collision[.]

Simon’s lawyer, Michael Ellis, argued his client has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder due to the incident and suffers from headaches, anxiety, depression, and emotional discomfort. Simon is suing seeking $1.3 million in damages for her “great pain and suffering.”

Simon was being followed in a separate car by her husband, a York Regional police officer, and [Mrs. Simon] did not undergo a breathalyzer test, since police did not believe she was driving under the influence. Simon’s husband drove her home after the accident and no charges were filed.

antonia-molloy.jpg

“They did not apply their brakes properly,” Simon’s claim states. “They were incompetent bicyclists.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users