Photo

So i started playing GTAIV again...

17 replies to this topic
Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

You know, it was kind of meeting a old friend.:)
He is not pissed at you not calling for a long time, he meets you with joy and open arms! He missed you.
At first, i was afraid i had to learn to drive anew after V. Even as the brakes aren't that good, it's a real joy to feel the combination of road, mass and speed.
I brought paranoia from the Westcoast into the traffic of LC. That guy i'm about to pass right...he will attempt a turn just in the right moment...
He didn't.
MY GOD, THE DRIVERS DON'T WANT TO GET ME! :D
I exited the car on Hove Beach and walked around to enjoy the good weather when i saw a couple of girls smoking and drinking coffee. Uh-oh, they are about to call the police for me standing around.
They didn't.
They weren't sociopathic.
So i got myself a hotdog and Niko seemed to enjoy it.
I forgot how nice is Liberty City a place to stay. I think, i stay here for a bit longer.
  • livejoker, Miamivicecity, thekillerdonuts and 10 others like this

MythAlex
  • MythAlex

GTA V for PC is real ^_^

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by MythAlex, 28 April 2014 - 09:30 PM.

From what you wrote, it seems like the A.I. from GTA 5 is retarded / broken, lol :-( I really hope the PC version won't have the stupid ped A.I. and the ultra-aggressive cop A.I. (Rockstar must fix those, my opinion)

And on-topic: Yes, GTA IV has a nice atmosphere (although not everyone agrees with that) and a more realistic approach at driving (I like it).

Spoiler

• theGTAking101, Alvarez and Awesom-0 like this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

P.O.P Hold it down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

West coast drivers suck! Period.

P.s You chose a good time to go back to IV, tomorrow GTA IV will have been out for six years.
  • Drunken Cowboy and GameSpirit like this

GameSpirit
  • GameSpirit

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

P.s You chose a good time to go back to IV, tomorrow GTA IV will have been out for six years.

It's crazy to think that GTA IV will be 6 years old (as of release) tomorrow. I can still remember walking out of Roman's apartment for the first time and being stunned by the vibrant, beautiful graphics (of course, GTA V now trumps that significantly).

A lot of awesome memories were had on GTA IV.

• TIMSTER777, EagleStrike and EM_JAY_86 like this

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

P.O.P Hold it down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

It's crazy to think that GTA IV will be 6 years old (as of release) tomorrow. I can still remember walking out of Roman's apartment for the first time and being stunned by the vibrant, beautiful graphics (of course, GTA V now trumps that significantly).

A lot of awesome memories were had on GTA IV.

Well said! I remember that first time as well. I also remember when I punched a hot dog vendor and 3 guys came chasing after me on foot. I think I was 10 years old when IV came out.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Wow, remembered last week yet I somehow lost track of that. Definitely will be playing that game all of tomorrow to pay my respects, enjoyed that game way more than I have on GTA V.

• TIMSTER777, EM_JAY_86 and Vice City criminal like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

I played GTAIV recently and was immediately absorbed by the superior driving physics.  I like how you can jump into any car off the street in IV and have a great time, unlike in V with its dumbed-down arcadey physics.

• Miamivicecity, Ermacs, TIMSTER777 and 4 others like this

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Played IV last nite myself. Played through the mission were Roman gets attacked in Firefly PJs and you have to chase Darden to the warehouse. I usually try to take the knife off him and slice him up, but he just stood there crying, "you already broke my arm!", then Nico managed to drop him with a 1-2 combo and he was out cold before getting a single stab in. Then Nico's line, "that's what we owe you Darden, nothing else!". f*ckin love this game, always manages to entertain however many times I go back to it.

The hand to hand combat and counters are just so much better than V, I can't understand how they didn't improve the same system and use it for the newest installment. It's just one of the areas where IV beats V.

I enjoy gta V, it's a great game, but IMO, it's Nico Bellic over M,F, and T anytime. Most badass protag of the series IMO. And Liberty City itself just never gets old!

• MythAlex likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

The hand to hand combat and counters are just so much better than V, I can't understand how they didn't improve the same system and use it for the newest installment. It's just one of the areas where IV beats V.

I think it's more fluid in GTA V, but I like the counters in GTA IV more.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

I think it's more fluid in GTA V, but I like the counters in GTA IV more.

You can spam the sprint-punch in V though, lol it's really silly.

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

I still play it now. The game's too good to just be forgotten about. It's actually quite sad to know that once gta v came out most people just forgot gta iv ever existed, and they seem shocked when they see you still play it. Even if it is 6 years old now it's still an amazing game, in my opinion it's the best gta game in the series.
  • Miamivicecity likes this

oHernz
  • oHernz

JDM AS F🔰CK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

I still play it now. The game's too good to just be forgotten about. It's actually quite sad to know that once gta v came out most people just forgot gta iv ever existed, and they seem shocked when they see you still play it. Even if it is 6 years old now it's still an amazing game, in my opinion it's the best gta game in the series.

I think GTA SA is the best in the series, but IV is probably the second best IMO

miker00lz
  • miker00lz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

I think GTA SA is the best in the series, but IV is probably the second best IMO

SA is probably the most overrated, IMO. Not that I didn't enjoy it.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Let's remove those Santa hats, guys...

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

I loaded GTA IV back up.

I check through the contacts of all the protagonists.

Wow! People who I'd actually like to hang out with!

• thekillerdonuts, Mr.Wr0ng and Aaron030792 like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:38 AM

SA is probably the most overrated, IMO. Not that I didn't enjoy it.

I wholeheartedly agree.  While I loved the map, cheats, vehicles, and a bunch of stuff from SA, I only beat it once.  Didn't like the story enough to want to play it again.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'm sure at some point that I will go back and play through the story again as it one of the best storylines in the GTA series. I'm sure that quite a few things will feel different after spending so much time on GTA V, driving being the one that comes to mind first.

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'll be honest, i haven't touched GTA V in months. The game really didn't do it for me. I went back to GTA IV (on pc) because of the modding community that is still active. :)

Kevinnicholls62
  • Kevinnicholls62

My names Lewis (gamertag is inside joke) and I'm that white

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

I loved GTA IV. I must've completed it about eight times since I first got it in 2009. I had played it before then, but it was my brother's copy at the time - which I also helped him complete. Good memories of a great game :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users