Photo

Lacking gang involvement

39 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 30 April 2014 - 08:52 AM.

Errm, excuse me, but when did I ever tell you that I still play it ? You got me mixed up with someone else.

I've not touched GTA V since January, and I barely played it after completing the story last year November. My copy of V has been collecting dust ever since. The most recent games I've been playing are Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs.

So why the hell are you still labouring the same points over and over, 3 months after stopping playing? Nothing better to do?

And go ahead listening to Fuzz and not reading my posts properly. I did not say the whole V game was about gangs. Not once did I say that. 

But you HAVE repeatedly said you think it 'should have been about gangs, because one of the characters used to be in a gang'.

Deny it all you want, but you've been saying it since September. 

Maybe that's why people don't read your posts properly? Because you've said it all before a million times, and it's really, really boring now. 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:10 PM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 30 April 2014 - 12:17 PM.

Even if it wasn't centered like it was in SA it would've been nice if Franklin could get back up from homies like Niko could from Dwayne's boys.

Also just because Franklin wanted out doesn't excuse the lack of gang involvement. I was hoping drug cartels would be portrayed better, but was severly disappointed by the end result.

Trevor himself deals with gangs, but it's weak. If it were up to me I would take out half of the heists and put more emphasis on Trevor's dealings out in the desert and more on Franklin's end.

Like it or not gangs no matter if they're street gangs, the mafia, triads, yakuza etc have always been a big part of the story. GTA V doesn't even feel like a GTA game in this regard as its gang portrayal is so poor IMO.
  • Official General and PsychoGamer3 like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by Official General, 30 April 2014 - 09:32 PM.

Errm, excuse me, but when did I ever tell you that I still play it ? You got me mixed up with someone else.

I've not touched GTA V since January, and I barely played it after completing the story last year November. My copy of V has been collecting dust ever since. The most recent games I've been playing are Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs.

So why the hell are you still labouring the same points over and over, 3 months after stopping playing? Nothing better to do?

And go ahead listening to Fuzz and not reading my posts properly. I did not say the whole V game was about gangs. Not once did I say that. 

But you HAVE repeatedly said you think it 'should have been about gangs, because one of the characters used to be in a gang'.

Deny it all you want, but you've been saying it since September. 

Maybe that's why people don't read your posts properly? Because you've said it all before a million times, and it's really, really boring now. 

This is all you can do after making wrong assumptions about me still playing the game, and you being wrong about me claiming I said the game was mostly about gangs. You can't take being wrong, so what's the next thing you do ? Launch personal attacks. Well.....

Do I have nothing better to do ? Maybe I do, then again maybe I don't, maybe I don't know. How I spend my time is none of your concern, but thanks anyway. If I chose to post about GTA V while not currently playing it, then that's my business, don't waste time typing telling me what to do when I'm not gonna listen to you anyway. 

I don't care how long I've been saying this. Again, not really your concern. If you wanna continue to debate and disagree with it, then I'm cool. But if you wanna reply with useless moaning about my posts, then it will fall on deaf ears. If you don't like my posts and you find them boring, then don't read them and don't reply to them - it's not that hard bro. Because I'm not gonna reply next time if you respond with the same old bullsh*t moaning. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:38 PM Edited by Official General, 30 April 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Even if it wasn't centered like it was in SA it would've been nice if Franklin could get back up from homies like Niko could from Dwayne's boys.

Also just because Franklin wanted out doesn't excuse the lack of gang involvement. I was hoping drug cartels would be portrayed better, but was severly disappointed by the end result.

Trevor himself deals with gangs, but it's weak. If it were up to me I would take out half of the heists and put more emphasis on Trevor's dealings out in the desert and more on Franklin's end.

Like it or not gangs no matter if they're street gangs, the mafia, triads, yakuza etc have always been a big part of the story. GTA V doesn't even feel like a GTA game in this regard as its gang portrayal is so poor IMO.

Thank you bro, totally agree  :^:

The thing is, I never even made this thread, I'm just supporting the OP's point of view, but before long I'm getting RDF fanatics hot on my trail. 

I just don't get why certain people find it so hard to understand this. The bottom line is that Franklin is a protagonist and he represents gang culture in the game. There is no excuse for not exploring this more and making it a significant part of the game, even if it meant implementing it as a set of side missions that were either infinitely replayable or of a decent length. The fact that there was very little emphasis on street gangs or drug cartels definitely ruined the authentic GTA feel of this game, I just don't see how the writers of V could have imagined many GTA fans would have been impressed with this route of placing heavy emphasis on federal and government agents. 

And like I said earlier, the gang activity in V did not have to be the same as SA, so all this SA.2 talk is just nonsense. Rockstar could have easily implemented the Dwayne's boys-style armed back system and Luis's Drug Wars, plus more to create a very fun and explosive gang activity sideline for Franklin.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 30 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Only 3 heists? Hell no.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:52 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 01 May 2014 - 02:54 AM.

Only 3 heists? Hell no.
To be honest I thought R* overhyped the heists. I'd rather have half and more of a traditional GTA element any day.
  • Official General likes this

vietboi2
  • vietboi2

FUKU

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

http://gtaforums.com...ang-dlc-for-vo/ support it if u want more gangsta sh*t

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Only 3 heists? Hell no.
To be honest I thought R* overhyped the heists. I'd rather have half and more of a traditional GTA element any day.

@ Son Of Liberty

Soon after having completed GTA V's SP, I too thought the same thing. I agree that the whole heist theme was overhyped, I just don't think it was as great as Rockstar made it out to be. I mean don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first heist in jewelry store, that was a blast - after that, I was expecting even bigger and badder heists than that one, but the rest of it was nothing special, it was just alright to me. The fact that most of the heists involved the FIB had a lot to do with me not being too impressed by them, and the preparation for heists was also a bit of a disappointment, it was all so basic and mediocre. I really believe that the emphasis on heists should have been toned down or the heists should have at least have been given a much better script and design.

I too would have very much preferred the main emphasis on the traditional GTA fare about dealings and conflict with organized crime and gangs - mob and gang wars, drug-dealing, various criminal rackets, robbing, hitman stuff, - just all done with an up to date twist, more added to it and improved and more varied.

• Miamivicecity likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:11 PM Edited by mr. libs, 03 May 2014 - 02:22 PM.

rockstar surprised us with gang wars/drug wars (don't recall anyone ever asking for johnny klebitz participating in biker rage blood baths across LC or for luis lopez to help out his old buddies by stealing drugs from the city's most dangerous gangs. I never saw them on anyone's wish list so perhaps R* will amaze us once more with terrific content we never asked for but will enjoy in the years to come; I still play GTAIV due to how fun EOLC was.

the heists in GTA V sucked, I've never replayed any of them. I had expected them to be on-par with three leaf clover with more options not a chalkboard with one fun choice one lame choice. A. go in guns blazing kill everyone and steal money(obvious of choices and most fun or B. go in quietly preventing a shoot out and complete boring task to earn less money.

GTA V isn't my kind of GTA, I hate almost everything there is to do with this game, what the hell is this sh*t!?

• Miamivicecity, Official General and Bi0ha2ard_q8 like this

Bi0ha2ard_q8
  • Bi0ha2ard_q8

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

They were put there to beef up stupid online. This game wasn't made for SP. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users