Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bad Sport Timers Resetting: A Possible Solution?

26 replies to this topic
ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:23 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 28 April 2014 - 04:24 PM.

A few days ago I was put into Bad Sport for 16 days. Over the next few days I noticed that the timer was counting down in my current session, but would reset back to a full 16 days if I changed session or restarted my machine.

A quick look around the web and I discovered that a lot of people are having the issue of the resetting timer. I took to Rockstar's Twitter to see if I could get some help there, as their e-mail responses blow. I got someone at R* on Twitter, but again got a cookie-cutter bullsh*t response.

Then, a rogue tweeter appeared and told me that if you unlink your social account for 24 hours, then re-link it, the problem will be resolved. I checked the guy out and it seems he has helped a bunch of people on their Twitter page who Rockstar have let down.

So, does anyone know if this is legitimate? Has anyone tried and succeeded with this method?

TL;DR: Apparently unlinking and re-linking your Social Club account for 24 hours resolves the issue of Bad Sport timers resetting.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Solution: Don't be a bad sport.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

That's not a solution to resetting timers. Pay attention.

• YoungR3B3L likes this

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Don't be a bad sport and you won't have to worry about timers.

I win.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Don't be a bad sport and you won't have to worry about timers.

I win.

Being a bad sport is fun, according to R* we shouldn't destroy people's shiny toys. In that case, they shouldn't drive them headlong into 120mm shells.

• Vooodu and YoungR3B3L like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

If you don't give a sh*t about ruining someone else's gameplay sessions, why should R* give a sh*t about fixing the part where they alienate you for it? I hope bad sport lobbies are the last thing they fix...if ever. The timer you have in them increases everytime you're sent back, plus you have to go through these hoops so that it doesn't reset? Can't get more poetic than that.

• 2281, Ninjambie, Ezza. and 1 other like this

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

The whole system is f*cked.  I got 2 or 3 bad sport notices this weekend when griefing, but nothing unusual there.  Then I ran a few people over in passive mode who were actively being assholes.  After I squished the last one I got a notice I was a bad sport for 3 days.  So I drove to my house and got out and had no dunce cap, had no "bad sport" status in my player profile. I left the garage and received good sport cash and notice.

I logged in last night into a normal lobby wearing a dunce cap, classed as clean player, but was told I was in bad sport for 16 days.  I played a few minutes and left.  Signed in again later, this time in a bad sport lobby with bad sport status and a timer of 7 days.

How many f*cking failure points just happened?  I sent a ticket in to R* and got the canned response about how it works but ignored my concerns that something wasn't working right.

And the bottom line ultimately is this bad sport system is f*cking broken.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

The moral of the story...play with some sense, or you're f*cked.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

Yes I was in for a month for recieving a 2 billion bounty. Then the timer went to 2 weeks in 2 hours then after playing halo 4 I came back and was gs for 2 days earned like 100k legit cash and never did bs things and then was back in bs for 2 weeks again with no money. Its a broken f*cking system. Good idea but they cant fix the broken timer its like the Bermuda triangle

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

R* just told me they're not able to adjust/remove bad sport time.

WTF?

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

you can just share money from bounties and stores, get out legitimatly regardless of timer.

sh0rtyuk
  • sh0rtyuk

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Bounties and stores dont work when you have the timer bug idiots

Everytime I turn my ps3 off and restart gta my time goes back to 1m1d ive just robbed 45 stores 6 bounties 3 gold awards 6 armoured trucks turned off and back on and the timer went from 1m back to 1m1d after a whole day of playing

Im currently trying this method now unlinked 12hours ago will report back

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by ninjaontour, 29 April 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Bounties and stores dont work when you have the timer bug idiots

Everytime I turn my ps3 off and restart gta my time goes back to 1m1d ive just robbed 45 stores 6 bounties 3 gold awards 6 armoured trucks turned off and back on and the timer went from 1m back to 1m1d after a whole day of playing

Im currently trying this method now unlinked 12hours ago will report back

It seems to have worked for me. I was doing the usual, robbing stores and sharing the take with everyone in the lobby, as well as a few missions. Sure enough after a couple of hours after unlinking the timer was going down, and then just disappeared.

EDIT: I went to "Dodgy" status first, and kept repeating the above task until I was a "Clean Player" again. Unlinking your profile will stop your timer being stuck.

Aquaticwonder
  • Aquaticwonder

iggy iggs

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

OP, I felt bad for you at first but then I saw your K/D in your stats. 

:barf:

Clarence Hayworth
  • Clarence Hayworth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:16 AM Edited by Clarence Hayworth, 29 April 2014 - 06:17 AM.

I was in bad sport for 1 month 1 day. The timer never changed.

Someone on here a few weeks ago posted a solution. Sometimes after a mission the game mistakenly places you in a regular good sport lobby. When this happens, stay in this lobby and don't do any missions. Stay in the lobby for a few hours - I put a rubber band on my controller and ran in circles inside an Ammunation overnight. The next morning when I checked, bad sport was gone and it never came back.

It also helps, apparently, if you save regularly during this time (such as entering and exiting your garage).

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

OP, I felt bad for you at first but then I saw your K/D in your stats. 

:barf:

I didn't ask for your sympathy, nor for your opinion.

sh0rtyuk
  • sh0rtyuk

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Didnt work for me unlinked for over 24 hours started playing again and it jumped from 26d to 2m2d

ShadeShow
  • ShadeShow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

The timers reset but they dont mean anything. THe internal timer on Rockstars end is working just fine.

You just need to do the time for the crime.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

the timer reset thing is a really pain in the ass...

R* know about this issue but do nothing to fix it.

anyway the best thing to do at the moment is to go play any mission, 10-15minutes after the mission your dunce cap would disappear, that allow you to join friends or other players in regular lobbies.

once you spawn at the regular lobby, you would receive 3 notifications, one that say "you have been forgiven" other that say "you have entered bad sport" and the third with your timer.

you would have to repeat the process of doing the mission thing everyday, til R* decide to officialy let you go from bad sport. contacting R* support wont help, i spend 51 days in back and forth communication with support people and none of them could figure out what was happening.

The timers reset but they dont mean anything. THe internal timer on Rockstars end is working just fine.

You just need to do the time for the crime.

thats not the deal mate...

i when into bad sport with a 4day sentence, everytime i switched session or turned off my console, my timer would reset and multiply. 4 days turn into 8, 8 turn to 16, 16 into 1month and 3 days, etc etc etc...

in the end my 4 day sentence turn into 51 days thanks to the timer reset.
  • ninjaontour likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

Didnt work for me unlinked for over 24 hours started playing again and it jumped from 26d to 2m2d

Post exact details pls.

JohnDoe7125539271
  • JohnDoe7125539271

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

Don't think it will work, but i'll try this.

TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

the only way to fix this stupid timer resetting glitch is submitting a ticket.maybe someone will get you out.

alijahgreen
  • alijahgreen

Boss of all bosses

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

Op you were reported that's why you have the timer bad sport doesn't mean anything anymore.  its there to teach you self control

Vermin

Race-n-Chase
  • Race-n-Chase

Geobsedeerd.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

This does work: 

http://gtaforums.com...5550-bad-sport/

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 26 May 2014 - 04:50 PM.

Op you were reported that's why you have the timer bad sport doesn't mean anything anymore.  its there to teach you self control

Vermin

Nobody asked for your opinion, ya f*ckin' skip-rat.

Also this thread is weeks old. I got out of bad sport that night and have been back to terrorising children ever since. Keep your impotent rage to yourselves, thanks.

Worked perfectly for me man, unlink profile for 24 hrs and play as you normally would.

JohnDoe7125539271
  • JohnDoe7125539271

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Worked perfectly for me man, unlink profile for 24 hrs and play as you normally would.

Just unlinked, isn't much work. I'll let you know tomorrow! But something did definitely happen...

Timer has been stuck at 30D since 4th or 5th May, now its showing 26D. Atleast something... wonder what happens if i change session, lol.

Two gun
  • Two gun

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

How do you unlink your account?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users