Photo

[Q] Vice City Android textures to Vice City PC

2 replies to this topic
MultiWolf69
  • MultiWolf69

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by MultiWolf69, 28 April 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Hi you all. I've been looking for some help to make by myself a mod that replace the textures of Vice City PC with the textures of Vice City Android (because it seems there's none).

Simply all I want to do is port the textures from Android version to PC version; I like them more, better resolution, better trees textures, better vehicles, better HUD, better water, etc. I looked into the .obb file with 7zip and seems to have the same file format, and certainly the same unpacking/packing system.

I already tried moving the files and replacing the existing ones :D but I find some problems, like textures bugs when you look at them from a different angle, and some textures don't change. I'm a newbie in modding, but if you can give me some tools and a short tutorial of how to unpack, replace and repack the textures files, I'll be able to make the mod, and I won't have any problem to share it with the community.

Just that, thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Most of mobile content was released, like XBOX cars, updated vegetation textures etc, just look on GTAGarage.

MultiWolf69
  • MultiWolf69

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Most of mobile content was released, like XBOX cars, updated vegetation textures etc, just look on GTAGarage.

Thanks, I found some good stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users