I swear its just french ppl playing online

135 replies to this topic
Welshlad
  • Welshlad

Too much hate in the world

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Every time i start playing all i hear is the french language :lol:  its not a complaint just an obersevation, so with that who else finds thier not playing with ppl from thier own countrys doenst seem to be much diversity when i play perhaps its beacouse im on ps3 tho hahaha

• Daniel123Shaw123 and SilkySkillz85 like this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:30 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 28 April 2014 - 10:33 AM.

It's probably because of the Servers you connect to.

Seeing that you are from England and France is just over the bay it's not far fetched that you'd be put into the same servers as your french neighbors.

The way it works is R* has servers to each part of the world seeing as i'm from the U.S i am often put with players from Canada, Mexico & South America because we all play around the same servers and you are also put in with players you might've played with before too so if you had done missions or other jobs with people from France you might be put in the servers they are in even though they aren't on your friend list

• GranSnake, Xyn, Spade115 and 2 others like this

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

Never happens in GTA Online for me.  When I get it, it's from a Call of Duty game.  There I get French, Spanish, and random noises that I'm sure might be English, 'if' they were coming out of a mouth that didn't belong to a squeaker.

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011 Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

Seeing that you are from England and France is just over the bay it's not far fetched that you'd be put into the same servers as your french neighbors.

The way it works is R* has servers to each part of the world seeing as i'm from the U.S i am often put with players from Canada, Mexico & South America because we all play around the same servers and you are also put in with players you might've played with before too so if you had done missions or other jobs with people from France you might be put in the servers they are in even though they aren't on your friend list

This is correct :)

• AiraCobra likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Never happens in GTA Online for me.  When I get it, it's from a Call of Duty game.  There I get French, Spanish, and random noises that I'm sure might be English, 'if' they were coming out of a mouth that didn't belong to a squeaker.

That also because of what i've talked about above.

It mostly because people who are playing in the room have played with those people before and that's why they come into your game otherwise they would never come into your servers it would only be people in your general country.

It's really complex how it works to

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'm from NYC, and I'm always playing in FR or DMs with French people.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'm from NYC, and I'm always playing in FR or DMs with French people.

I'm from Maine.  I'd guess the reason is that both of us are pretty close to the French speaking part of Canada.

• UniqueAsh likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

Odd, i'm from Jakarta and i've only met 2 people from Jakarta for the rest of my online time. The rest is french, US, UK and some other foreign guys (too muffled to recognized the language).

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 28 April 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Last week for 3 days in a row I was in Arab servers, I turned the chat on in the mini menu, they talk more than any lobby I've ever been in. I recognized the Arab and Farsi dialects right away. The French people don't bother me, the little 10 yr old German squeakers are the worst, all you hear is noooooooo and scheisse the whole time your with them.

• CrazyDog150, LightningLord and tambo75 like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

I get a lot of other Aussies and kiwi's.

I get the odd french person, but I usually get lots of Americans and Canadians, eh.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

It's always Americans I end up with.  Unlike the OP, I am complaining - they are some of the most obnoxious, entitled players I ever encounter, or maybe I've just been unlucky.

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

I got into ALOT of quiet lobbies,no chatting sounds.Only occasional people on the mic and people blaring their 'inappropriate' musics through their mic.So i can say that i'm the lucky one.
  • hugh750 and ArcadeWilliamz like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

It's always Americans I end up with.  Unlike the OP, I am complaining - they are some of the most obnoxious, entitled players I ever encounter, or maybe I've just been unlucky.

Ahhh, I've seen you've been playing with the Chicago group.

• GranSnake and iBUCKEYE like this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm in the US as well, and I have to agree with the TC, I run into allot of French people it seems. Don't really care, I think it also varries in session, sometimes I drop in, sounds like everyone's from the deep south, jump into another one, and everyone's yelling in spanish, go to another one, it's french, then you get the odd no one has a mic session as well.

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

I lol'd.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

I'll rid the world of infestation - Sans Lingua Franca.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:03 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 28 April 2014 - 11:04 AM.

I'm occasionally grouped with Germans & English. This doesn't go well :lol: what's weird is they argue about World War 2... seriously, you weren't living at the time..
  • SilkySkillz85 and tambo75 like this

Exqlusive
  • Exqlusive

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

omellete du fromage

• senormidget, livejoker, SilkySkillz85 and 2 others like this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

Tu ne parle pas francais?

Ah, high school french class... So boring...

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Funnily enough, i end up with quite a few Spanish or Spanish speakers in the lobbies i enter. Not a problem for me as i'm Spanish but i also find a large amount are from the U.S. This might also have something to do with the time of day when i play.

As for our French speaking amigos ...

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

Comandante-Olle
  • Comandante-Olle

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Last week for 3 days in a row I was in Arab servers, I turned the chat on in the mini menu, they talk more than any lobby I've ever been in. I recognized the Arab and Farsi dialects right away. The French people don't bother me, the little 10 yr old German squeakers are the worst, all you hear is noooooooo and scheisse the whole time your with them.

German squeakers are the worst. The always think they are best at this game... I always tend too ask if they came too lose another war. Sometimes i'm supriced I'm not banned yet...

I am swedish and get alot of french and sometimes US. Only met 2 swedes with mic other than friends...
Could be that some nationalities isn't smart enough too change the chat-settings. For if I understand right the ones I listen too in the settings is the same that hear me...
  • Gunslinger_GK, Steve and SilkySkillz85 like this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

I'm afraid to admit that there's a joke I'm not getting here.

sash2k4plus
  • sash2k4plus

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

I end up with quite an array of people from different cultural backgrounds.

pandadoudou
  • pandadoudou

Pre-extinct bicolor bear

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:30 AM Edited by pandadoudou, 28 April 2014 - 11:30 AM.

omellete du fromage

Omelette au fromage :p

• Gunslinger_GK and sebcreed like this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

I normally turn my chat settings to no one when I'm in free roam, but in a DM you can't escape the squeaks.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:39 AM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 28 April 2014 - 11:40 AM.

I'm from South Africa and I only seem to be put in lobbies with either French, Spanish or Libyan people. I've never been put in a 'South African lobby' which is strange because when I played Cod it put me in one.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm from South Africa and I only seem to be put in lobbies with either French, Spanish or Libyan people. I've never been put in a 'South African lobby' which is strange because when I played Cod it put me in one.

Oh no. THE LIBYANS !!! hahaha

PoisoNinja140_48
  • PoisoNinja140_48

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

It's all based off the servers, like others have said.. I reemerge playing Ghost and seeing people with my area code in their username lol, I was like wtf... It was happening quite frequently with multiple people... I finally put it all together lol

Andrewine
  • Andrewine

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:15 PM Edited by ChrisFley, 28 April 2014 - 12:15 PM.

As a german, I see some polish people who calls me nazi for speaking german.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

I'm from Maine.  I'd guess the reason is that both of us are pretty close to the French speaking part of Canada.

Who knows...I'm in Michigan, 30 minutes from Canada and I always get Spanish-speaking players

Those are "kids" in their early 20s or younger...prettily much what Jimmy De Santa/Townley is supposed to be like...it's an epidemic from the participation trophy/no spanking/time-out generation
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

NaturalFawnKiller
  • NaturalFawnKiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

I'm in Australia. If I play during the day it tends to be mostly Americans on. When I play at night it's other Aussies or Europeans, usually German, French, Spanish or British.

Flight of the Conchords are teh best.

• downtheory likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users