SP getting let down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 08 May 2014 - 09:49 PM.

GTA Online does not feel all as revolutionary as Rockstar hyped it up to be to be honest. It works well as an online component to the single-player game, but as a standalone game? I don't think so. They should have simply just called it "GTA V Online", mainly because both the SP and MP share the same city, character models, weapons, radio stations and gameplay mechanics. Unlesss Rockstar plans to add more GTA universe cities to it, it's name as a completely standalone thing just doesn't apply imo.

• Official General likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 08 May 2014 - 09:50 PM.

a lot of stuff is simply broken in this game

I'd love for you to name these 'broken' things.

R* ruined GTA series.

R* made the GTA series.

Greed ruined the GTA series.

The GTA series isn't ruined. It's actually been better than ever, according to sales and reception.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by Staten, 08 May 2014 - 09:55 PM.

R* ruined GTA series.

R* made the GTA series.

The GTA series isn't ruined. It's actually been better than ever, according to sales and reception.

And don't forget how great the singleplayer game is too. 

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

Adding every GTA Online only features to SP would be a step into the right direction already...

• Sir Winthorpe Herrington, warlord GTAV and A.O.D.88 like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

SP also has exclusive stuff that I'm sure Online players would like.

[Below is directed towards everyone]

People need to stop acting like they're better than Online players because they only play SP. That's retarded. No one's better than anyone.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Considering the fact that there have been 3 free DLC packs released with another one just around the corner, there is no greed in the GTA series.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

V's SP is probably the most complete single player in whole series. And the forthcoming DLC will sky-rocket the experience imho.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

the masterfocker you always stick up for online,the sp community acts like they are better then the mp players because they are lol..its a sp game always was and always should be mp is just an add on in gta,not the other way around.

• twocam16 and Sir Winthorpe Herrington like this

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

Think back to IV, patience.

right ↑

IV's DLC were spot on great additions to the game. V's ought to be worth the wait too. 

it's not as though V is downhill from IV - it's a lot better fleshed out game even if the story isn't as compelling. i expect V's story-mode DLC to be at least on a par with IV's and IMO they got it right last time around. as much as i dislike waiting, especially since i don't play well with others so MP holds no interest for me, i'm not ready to start whining yet. 

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

Online is their little child. 

A offensively bad, retarded and boring but good looking child.

Voggens
  • Voggens

Vraiment Crazy

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

I don't think the DLC will be as big as IV's, they were two "different" games, being part of the same universe and timeline but on different perspectives. That DLC was a great improvement, wich V already came out with: three protagonists.

They better have something good though, we don't know if it's gonna be just some new features or more storyline missions continuing the ending (C most likely, because they said they'll continue Michael, Franklin and Trevor's adventures).

V got me bored way sooner than IV.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by Official General, 09 May 2014 - 02:04 AM.

Considering the fact that there have been 3 free DLC packs released with another one just around the corner, there is no greed in the GTA series.

@ CantThinkOfOne

I hope you were very happy with those Santa Claus and Rudolph outfits, and the Christmas snow effects for DLC. 

@ Masterfocker

It's such a big shame Rockstar are not paying you for damage control and PR duties. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:10 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 09 May 2014 - 02:13 AM.

the sp community acts like they are better then the mp players because they are lol.

Yeah...no. Stop being a clown and try to act less entitled.

OG: There's no damage to control. GTA V is the most popular and liked (Or possibly second behind SA) GTA, as shown by statistics. A small minority on a forum means nothing.

Are gangs paying you to never stop talking about them?

Didn't think so.
  • Chips237 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:13 AM Edited by Official General, 09 May 2014 - 02:57 AM.

@ Masterfocker

You've spent the last few posts valiantly defending V to the death again. I say it's serious damage control and PR, you should be getting paid for it. It's criminal that your valued skills in this area will go unrewarded. 

Oh by the way, in case you did not notice, gangs are not legitimate enterprises bro, if they were, then yeah I'd be seeking to get paid  :cool:

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

I hope you were very happy with those Santa Claus and Rudolph outfits, and the Christmas snow effects for DLC.

I wasn't even counting the Christmas pack as it was just a nice little touch for Christmas and not a full permanent DLC pack, I was talking about the Beach Bum Pack, Valentines Day Massacre Pack, Dangerous Business Pack and the upcoming High Life Pack.

And regardless of what you think of the DLC, my post was the prove that Rockstar is not greedy with GTA V.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Shhhh! Stop using logic!

yopitstank
  • yopitstank

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

I never quite understood why a subject like this always seems to ignite a civil war situation. In my particular perspective my intention was not to incite a north or south scenario but more to see both sides compensated equally. I don't want certain features to be exclusive to either side but able to be enjoyed and experienced by both sides.

krashr
  • krashr

i'm coming fran

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by krashr, 09 May 2014 - 04:37 AM.

a few things that imo have no reason to not be in sp, apart from trying to force the online agenda:

ability to take/save a photo.
checking specific stats for 100%.
training chop to find collectibles.
stalking pages on lifeinvader for discounts.
more main character customisation options.
multiple safehouses.

there are more.. little things, not game breaking, but disappointing when i think about why it was probably done. if there is going to be online exclusive stuff, that's cool.. i understand they are a business looking to make money, however, a bit of effort put into making something good will have people want to join, rather than remove elements from the core that should just be a part of the game..

i can't help but think if there was more serious competition for gta, r* wouldn't be so blase. it is what it is and it's still an enjoyable game.. could've been epic, but instead is pretty good.

me whinging about it will change nothing so am just playing other things now, patiently awaiting some decent dlc.
  • Official General, Osho, warlord GTAV and 1 other like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

To be honest just because there have been free DLC packs doesn't really make them less greedy. The way I see it is like receiving a free service on your car for few sevices then on the last one being charged an arm and a leg for it (not being literal of course).

These "free" DLCs are just a way of keeping people on edge until the real DLC comes out. They're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Personally what I liked about waiting for EFLC was it was all given in one go instead of little bits cock teased through "free" updates. My bet is the attitude will quickly change when R* start charging for weapons, car packs etc.
  • GúnZinEss likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

To be honest just because there have been free DLC packs doesn't really make them less greedy. The way I see it is like receiving a free service on your car for few sevices then on the last one being charged an arm and a leg for it (not being literal of course).

These "free" DLCs are just a way of keeping people on edge until the real DLC comes out. They're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Personally what I liked about waiting for EFLC was it was all given in one go instead of little bits cock teased through "free" updates. My bet is the attitude will quickly change when R* start charging for weapons, car packs etc.

Not wanting to sound rude SOL but in my personal opinion it's way too early to be making assumptions about this "free DLC". You don't have a source to back up your statement nor does anyone else here. (This applies to everyone defending the free DLC too). I just wish people would discuss what the actual DLC would be rather than it being free or not.

EM_JAY_86
  • EM_JAY_86

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

a few things that imo have no reason to not be in sp, apart from trying to force the online agenda:

ability to take/save a photo.
checking specific stats for 100%.
training chop to find collectibles.
stalking pages on lifeinvader for discounts.
more main character customisation options.
multiple safehouses.

there are more.. little things, not game breaking, but disappointing when i think about why it was probably done. if there is going to be online exclusive stuff, that's cool.. i understand they are a business looking to make money, however, a bit of effort put into making something good will have people want to join, rather than remove elements from the core that should just be a part of the game..

i can't help but think if there was more serious competition for gta, r* wouldn't be so blase. it is what it is and it's still an enjoyable game.. could've been epic, but instead is pretty good.

me whinging about it will change nothing so am just playing other things now, patiently awaiting some decent dlc.

Also the ability to remove and wear, hats, masks, and glasses whenever you want. There's really no excuse for theses features not bein in SP.

• krashr and warlord GTAV like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by Official General, 09 May 2014 - 11:33 AM.

Not wanting to sound rude SOL but in my personal opinion it's way too early to be making assumptions about this "free DLC". You don't have a source to back up your statement nor does anyone else here. (This applies to everyone defending the free DLC too). I just wish people would discuss what the actual DLC would be rather than it being free or not.

Try telling that to guys like Masterfocker and CantThinkOfOne who keep on' lickin' Rockstar's asses and keep on screaming at us that all this powder-puff, little goodie packs-style DLCs are free, so therefore we must all be so grateful for it. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:41 AM Edited by Official General, 09 May 2014 - 11:42 AM.

I definitely agree with this. Due to many years of guaranteed success with it's GTA series, Rockstar have become somewhat arrogant and lazy and they have been slipping their standards as a result. This is even more evident with GTA V. I really do believe it's because that GTA pretty much has no real competitors in it's genre. Because of this and GTA's brand name, many fans will still accept whatever sub-standard stuff that Rockstar throws at them. 

Rockstar needs some kind of serious competition for GTA for the series to really be pushed and further improved in a major way. I'm hoping Watch Dogs becomes so successful that it will provide Rockstar with the impetus for the next GTA to do it's best to surpass or exceed great expectations this time around. 

Sorry for the double post!

• krashr likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

And once again, Official General puts words in my mouth.

Can't you ever provide an argument that isn't wrong?

I doubt it. I surely haven't seen it yet. Only embarrassment. Lots and lots of funny embarrassment

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Do you knuckleheads not realize V is the most realistic boring game ever? Dull and Repetitive and I've screwed around with the content creator and it still is a very boring game, hate online too (RPG Snore) 

• Official General likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Do you knuckleheads not realize V is the most realistic boring game ever? Dull and Repetitive and I've screwed around with the content creator and it still is a very boring game, hate online too (RPG Snore) 

V us the most realistic?

Lololololol.

No, it's not.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

V us the most realistic?

Lololololol.

No, it's not.

It's not that big of a difference from L.A noire and that game you can't even kill pedestrians lol. face it GTA has turned crappy unless you're all for exploring a bland map and an avid golf or tennis player that likes to go deep sea diving for parts and wandering aimlessly in circles awaiting SP DLC, GTA V SP is gravy without the meat.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Admit what? That you think your opinion is fact? No thanks.

I guess invading military bases, chasing jets in dirt bikes, stealing massive WMD's from the bottom of then ocean, and robbing the biggest bank in the city is realistic.

Man, what was I thinking? :rol:

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Rockstar are being jerks now, I made two comments on the High Life article asking them nicely if they would consider expanding out to OTHER vehicle types instead of Sports and Super, suggesting that there's plenty of Muscle Cars, Classic GTA Vehicles and a whole load of Choppers from TLAD which would be great as DLC for the game.

How did they respond?

Comments Deleted for being off topic.

Apparently if you're not sucking their dick about how amazing the DLC is or shouting about some lame ass crew, then it's "off topic".
  • Official General and EM_JAY_86 like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by Official General, 09 May 2014 - 02:13 PM.

And once again, Official General puts words in my mouth.

Can't you ever provide an argument that isn't wrong?

I doubt it. I surely haven't seen it yet. Only embarrassment. Lots and lots of funny embarrassment

You keep on screaming out to everyone that complains about V that the "DLC for V is free" so how am I wrong ? I'm not going in circles here, I could not give a toss as to what you find funny. You're just a certified Rockstar ass licker that believes V is so great and Rockstar can do no wrong, it's pointless getting into prolonged discussion with someone like you that is so biased. 

You're not as smart or clever as you like to think you are either, no one is impressed by your pathetic attempt to 'outdo' people in arguments and get a medal for for it. Certainly not me, so please give up with your stupid efforts to impress me with your exaggerated smarts and quick-wit. 

Apparently if you're not sucking their dick about how amazing the DLC is or shouting about some lame ass crew, then it's "off topic".

Masterfocker should be more than fine on that board lol. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users