Quantcast

» «
Photo

Quick question about temp bans

Best Answer Raavi, 28 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

Temps are suspensions of posting privileges. You can still login and are still able to view threads and, you just can't reply to them. You can however still use the PM feature as normal. The only thing that blocks your access to your account is a permanent ban / 1000 warning points. 

Go to the full post

8 replies to this topic
PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

I've just got a quick question to ask; when you get a temporary ban (let's say a week), during that week can you still log onto your profile and view threads and stuff, just not post? Like, is it just like normal except your posting ability is removed, or are you totally unable to use the forum?

Thanks.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:17 AM   Best Answer Edited by Raavi, 28 April 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Temps are suspensions of posting privileges. You can still login and are still able to view threads and, you just can't reply to them. You can however still use the PM feature as normal. The only thing that blocks your access to your account is a permanent ban / 1000 warning points. 

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

A permanent ban is a 1000 warning points? Isn't it supposed to be like 100? Just curious.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:30 AM Edited by Harley, 28 April 2014 - 11:31 AM.

A permanent ban is a 1000 warning points? Isn't it supposed to be like 100? Just curious.
At 1000 points the forum software automatically bans. But I doubt anyone would even hit 50 without being banned by a mod.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Thanks, Raavi. :^:

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

When I got temp banned back in March I couldn't view the forum. It was just like a perma ban.

• BOSS 302 likes this

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Well you can get temporarily permanently banned too, if that makes any sense.
  • PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by Andreas, 28 April 2014 - 09:58 PM.

It's possible to disable the PM system and the ability to view the boards when you get temporarily banned by a moderator, as far as I know. Whether it is done or not depends on the severity of your rule-breaking, and the judgement of the staff member who takes action.
  • PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

When I got temp banned back in March I couldn't view the forum. It was just like a perma ban.

The moderator must have suspended your account instead of a normal temp ban, that's why. But we take care not to suspend accounts anymore. We have no intention of depriving members of reading the forum when on a temp ban.

• Raavi, Andreas, PaletoChickenCapo and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users