Quantcast

» «
Photo

Disappearing ammo.

Best Answer ~Tiger~, 29 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Ok, thanks. This rules out a faulty external device and since it has happened before (albeit to a lesser extent) with previous updates it looks as though your console is ready for a service.

In the meantime, the usual Rockstar advice applies: delete the most recent update from your console, restart it and the update will re-download automatically and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

One other thing, if you connect your console to the internet via wifi, updates can be affected. Therefore it might be a good idea to use an ethernet cable when downloading game data.

Go to the full post

9 replies to this topic
mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

When i load up into single player, i spawn with no ammo for any guns with any of my characters? 

KenniCrazy
  • KenniCrazy

Run Up or Get Done Up

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Have you been busted?

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Have you been busted?

If that's the case, the OP should load a previous save. If that won't work, then the OP will have to buy that ammo all over again.

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Have you been busted?

no

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

When i load up into single player, i spawn with no ammo for any guns with any of my characters? 

Hello, does this only happen when you go from online to SP?

Does it happen if you switch on your console and go straight to story mode?

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hello, does this only happen when you go from online to SP?

Does it happen if you switch on your console and go straight to story mode?

console on and straight to story

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Ok, another few questions.

Are you using your console internal memory or an external memory (USB drive)?

Are you on XBox or PS3? 

Is this a recurring problem (all the time), occasion problem or just a one off?

Are you using Auto save or Manual save? If Manual save are you overwriting or using save slots?

Thanks

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Ok, another few questions.

Are you using your console internal memory or an external memory (USB drive)?

Are you on XBox or PS3? 

Is this a recurring problem (all the time), occasion problem or just a one off?

Are you using Auto save or Manual save? If Manual save are you overwriting or using save slots?

Thanks

manual saving on a ps3, no USB or anything. a similar thing happened when they brought out new guns i had no ammo for that weapon type e.g when the SNS pistol came out i lost all pistol ammo, but apart from the beach pack, the valentine pack and the dangerous business pack when i got new weapons, this is the first time

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:18 PM   Best Answer Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 29 April 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Ok, thanks. This rules out a faulty external device and since it has happened before (albeit to a lesser extent) with previous updates it looks as though your console is ready for a service.

In the meantime, the usual Rockstar advice applies: delete the most recent update from your console, restart it and the update will re-download automatically and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

One other thing, if you connect your console to the internet via wifi, updates can be affected. Therefore it might be a good idea to use an ethernet cable when downloading game data.

• mareepx likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I use an ethernet cable, but thanks to you i got my ammo back. My console could do with a service but i have pre-ordered the watch dogs ps4 bundle so i won't be spending my money on that :)

• ~Tiger~ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users