PC vs. Mobile

13 replies to this topic
mksas
  • mksas

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Is the PC version of Vice City the same as the mobile version, aside from the controls, modding ability etc.. I mean the game itself.

I just want to know if I can post about the mobile Vice City version on this forum.

Thanks.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

It is nearly identical.... They changed a few things (like lowering the cost of certain properties) and a few other minor things... But is the same otherwise... I completed the story on my Galaxy S3 last year... But can't bring myself to go for 100%...a little tedious with mobile controls.

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

The storyline is the same. The only difference is in graphics. So yes, you can talk about this game if you play the mobile version :).

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:23 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 12 May 2014 - 04:28 PM.

The mission "Shakedown" is different on the mobile version. You don't need to break all the windows, just a couple of them.
All properties/assets cost half as much as they do on other versions.
You can scroll through radios in both directions.
There are new shadows. (if your device can handle them)
The vegetations looks better.
The vehicle models are from Xbox version, yet the wheels are the same as PC/PS2.
Some songs are removed from radios.
No crouching. (though it was pretty useless, does it really increase accuracy?)
The rest is the same.
  • Tomasak likes this

xNCx
  • xNCx

VCMP beta tester

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

No idea if crouching increases accuracy (the game hints yes during one mission), but at least you can cover behind something and shoot someone by bugging game collisions. So yes, it is useful :).

• Fujiski ramero likes this

Maryo_Nicle7
  • Maryo_Nicle7

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

PC is best platform to play Vice City till right now, the only lacked things is that you can't move camera freely in car unlike in console and mobile version

Mobile (iOS and Android) version is still nice to play (especially for traveller), but the controls doesn't good and some graphics doesn't look as good as PC version, for example the water texture looks worse than in PC, however the lighting and dynamic shadow is better, it also pretty bad optimized for newer mobile devices with 64 Bit processor, especially my Galaxy Grand Prime, it doesn't run very good at medium setting, but that's ok to me.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

The mission "Shakedown" is different on the mobile version. You don't need to break all the windows, just a couple of them.
All properties/assets cost half as much as they do on other versions.
You can scroll through radios in both directions.
There are new shadows. (if your device can handle them)
The vegetations looks better.
The vehicle models are from Xbox version, yet the wheels are the same as PC/PS2.
Some songs are removed from radios.
No crouching. (though it was pretty useless, does it really increase accuracy?)
The rest is the same.

Don't forget ppl have fingers in cut scenes

PC is best platform to play Vice City till right now, the only lacked things is that you can't move camera freely in car unlike in console and mobile version

Mobile (iOS and Android) version is still nice to play (especially for traveller), but the controls doesn't good and some graphics doesn't look as good as PC version, for example the water texture looks worse than in PC, however the lighting and dynamic shadow is better, it also pretty bad optimized for newer mobile devices with 64 Bit processor, especially my Galaxy Grand Prime, it doesn't run very good at medium setting, but that's ok to me.

nope consoles don't have free camera look and btw there is mod for pc. http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=21905

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

nope consoles don't have free camera look and btw there is mod for pc. http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=21905

Also don't forget, no lovely trails in mobile.

• Tomasak likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

Also don't forget, no lovely trails in mobile.

well actually trails are not on PC so well. you know :D but they removed splashes! those awesome splashes which got better in xbox version. They are so cruel!

Amatuer
  • Amatuer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

One i thing i noticed is weapons.
PC:manual aim on all sub-machin guns,assualt rifles etc
MOBILE:atuo-aim for all the above
For mobile minigun is especially bad since no auto aim neither manual aim so u just gotta move the gun by moving tommy left or right.
Thats all i noticed!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

They moved all of the Havana clothing pickups to the same accessible location on mobile so you don't need to worry about certain mission moving it where you can't get at it.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

No Fire Trucks spawn when you make fires, as I noticed.  I tried the Rampage right next to Ocean Beach killing 30 Gang Members with Molotovs.  Passed it 7 times...0/7 times a Fire Truck comes.  You know what that means?  No Fire Truck Level 12 can be complete in Mobile for a Starter Save.  And no, not on the West Island early, either, cuz using that Fire Truck will spawn fires on the EAST Island, even though you are on the West Island.  Same for Vigilante.  Luckily, you can use the Hunter to do Vigilante Level 12 in a Starter Save and bring it over to the East Island via flying.  But the Fire Truck is a no go.  No matter how many fires I make, no Fire Trucks ever come.  Tbh, I find VC the WORST of the Ports.  III, SA, and CTW were a lot better, except for the fact that SA crashed on a daily basis during my playthrough, which was very annoying.

When robbing stores you just use your finger and click the clerk in the store.  There is no free aim to aim a gun at the guy.  Took me a while to figure that one out.  Really bad Port, imo...

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:37 AM

I have not played the Mobile Version of the game, but I don't think I would enjoy it as much as playing it on my PC. :)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

I only like III, VC, SA Mobile for the convenience and tbh, everything is quite easy compared to a PS2/3 Controller.  It's like the same thing for me.  Very easy...

As for CTW, well, Mobile is the ONLY possible way I can play it and it's all I know, so I wouldn't want to play CTW on anything other than my Phone, tbh...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users