Quantcast

» «
Photo

Having more than 1 weapon in a weapon slot.

45 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I have thought about making a thread about this , and I still to this day think its strange that GTA V is the first gta to introduce you being able to have more than 1 weapon in the same slot. for example, you can have more than 1 rifle maybe, like having a carbine rifle and then change to assault rifle. Does anyone think this is less challenge and R* did this for casual gamers, or just a new thing for GTA?

PS: I know its been in past R* games such as RDR too.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

I love it. I just wish the game would save my preferences (last used weapon) per slot.
  • lol232, Blackous666, ten-a-penny and 5 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

It's convenient to me, since I love all the submachine guns.

It still raises the question on how te protagonists can carry ALL those extra weapons. In their underwear no less.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:35 PM Edited by ToyGT_one, 27 April 2014 - 02:35 PM.

gta 3 allowes your to have two weapons in the same type (M16 and AK-47)

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

I didn't mind it in RDR since you're never going to be rolling in dough, and it would be a hassle to buy weapons all the time.

Not a fan of it in V though; makes things way too easy, along with the crazy ammo limit. Honestly, I was hoping for an option similar to Max Payne 3's weapon wheel. But whatever, no use complaining about it. Come PC release someone will probably make a mod for it.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

I don't mind it, it was first introduced in RDR and i thought it was more convenient (i think its better for a game to allow you to carry every weapon instead of restricting you to only 2 weapons like modern shooters)

And if you go back even further. GTA III also allowed you to carry every weapon in the game. (both assault rifels and both heavy weapons)  

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I love it, makes you feel like a one man army.
It was annoying GTA 4, how you could burn through all of your ARs ammo with just ONE cop shootout.

But I guess it is unrealistic

RodneysLeftNut
  • RodneysLeftNut

OG LOC IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Because with the huge amount of weapon variety its going to be hard to chose which weapon you want. It also makes you feel limited. great feature.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

I love it, makes you feel like a one man army.
It was annoying GTA 4, how you could burn through all of your ARs ammo with just ONE cop shootout.

But I guess it is unrealistic

who says realisms is always a good thing some times it good to have something unrealistic  

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

I really like it, that way I can swap to a certain weapon for roleplay without having to circle the entire f*cking map just to get it then replace it with a weapon of choice, then do the same thing again.

• MrRyanMcCall likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Glad to see many people like it, I do as well, but I wish we could be able to throw weapons away.

• Niobium and EAZY-D like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Order. Purpose. Direction.

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

I kinda like it. It's practical. I've put a silencer on one weapon from each category and it's fun to be able to switch up weapons whenever I feel like it. Going tacticool? SMG with silencer it is. Shootout in South Central? Micro SMG time!

Though maybe I would have limited the amount of weapons you can carry in each category to one - just like in previous GTAs - but you would be able to upgrade your inventory in Ammu-Nation to be able to carry more weapons. If you choose not to, all purchased weapons would be stored in gun cabinet in the safehouse, so you wouldn't have to re-buy them. It's not that bad to limit players in some ways either.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

It's convenient, really. Its removal wouldn't make things genuinely more difficult, just a lot more annoying. 

• Midnightz, lol232 and Sliderv2 like this

Target13
  • Target13

Target locked.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Its funny how Trevor can store a minigun in his underwear.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

Yea, keep it the way it is, let's think about some more serious issues, for example, why can't we crouch?

Stealth mode is cool, but needs improvement, still why remove crouches makes no sense to me.

You can perform yoga with all the stupid moves the body allows, even take cover behind a car but can't bend and crouch freely?

• HaythamKenway likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

I like it, however it does not give that 'we can get more' option. Like now that we have every single weapon ingame, Ammunation is pretty much useless (only if you wanna buy armor and ammo). You can try all guns once you get them. 

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

I really hope they keep it this way for next GTAs
  • Midnightz likes this

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

On foot it's great , but inside the car is annoying.

I mean, to choose the AP Pistol I got the cycle trought the the fist, the greanade, tear gas, sticky bombs, micro smg, sawn off shotgun, pistol, combat pistol, heavy pistol, sns pistol, stun gun and then finally when I get to the AP Pistol I accidentally hit square and have to do it all over again

• lol232, Sakurai Aoi and Alex Wesker like this

UAL
  • UAL

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

I hate how they fire the micro smg from the hip, this isnt some 90's action movie ffs

I also hate how it has that silly thing coming out the back of it.

DrunkenMunkey78
  • DrunkenMunkey78

3rd Street Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

I was actually thinking about making a thread about this. I hate it. Why do I need four very similar rifles? It makes sense for Grenades and Heavy weapons but I never need more than one SMG or Shotgun. What makes this incredibly frustrating is when you use or swap past a weapon in a vehicle (even without using it) The slot will change to that one. I use the MG as my main weapon but whenever I get out of a vehicle it switches to the Micro SMG and I have to scroll through them all to get back to the MG. The worst part is that you can't get rid of the useless ones. If you drop them online, You'll most likely pick it up from an enemy again. I always stick to a certain set that I never change (AP, MG, Carbine, Hvy Sniper, Assault Shotgun, RPG, Sticky bomb) like in previous games. I wish they kept the same style as the old games, or at least keep them in your own order. Its so tedious having to re-bind them all when I start up online or even single player. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

I hate how they fire the micro smg from the hip, this isnt some 90's action movie ffs

I also hate how it has that silly thing coming out the back of it.

That's the stock. The f*cking stock. Buy the scope for the Uzi and it will be aimed from the shoulder.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

I am not such a huge fan of it, but I still dont love it. Like I said, it gives out that ''Ammunation is useless' once you bought every single gun. Not that this is a bad thing, but loosing weapons in GTA V lacking. You cant loose them at all. I dont hate that, but yeah.

MrRyanMcCall
  • MrRyanMcCall

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

Glad to see many people like it, I do as well, but I wish we could be able to throw weapons away.

Or maybe if you use a weapon in a heist it makes you throw it away so you don't get caught, that'd be cool

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Yea, keep it the way it is, let's think about some more serious issues, for example, why can't we crouch?

Stealth mode is cool, but needs improvement, still why remove crouches makes no sense to me.

You can perform yoga with all the stupid moves the body allows, even take cover behind a car but can't bend and crouch freely?

It's funny because there are animations for crouching and everything. You'll catch the AI do it once and a while. And you'll loathe them. Oh yes you will.

Trevorphilipjfry
  • Trevorphilipjfry

Sandy Shores surfer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

I know mate, I saw an officer crouch during a shootout with the cops, I unloaded every round in carbine into him, smug *******

Mr.Wr0ng
  • Mr.Wr0ng

Book-Burner

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:47 PM Edited by Mr.Wr0ng, 30 April 2014 - 05:48 PM.

OT: Technically: yes, but practically: hell no. The M16 in that game was able to kill most enemies in one shot, and blow up like every non-bulletproof vehicle in the game in like 4. Oh, and did I mention that it's firerate was comparable to a minigun?

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

The M16 was a f*cking automatic sniper in GTA3. :D

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

The M16 was a f*cking automatic sniper in GTA3. :D

Well kind of, you could fire it without aiming if I am correct? Its been a while since I played GTA III. Great game btw

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Yep, also grenades and Molotov's too.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

I like having a variety of weapons it makes it much easier in deathmatches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users