Photo

Using LOIC As Your Lagswitch

17 replies to this topic
DeathsDisciple47
  • DeathsDisciple47

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by DeathsDisciple47, 27 April 2014 - 03:22 PM.

Greetings, Comrades!

When I browse the forums, I read about glitches that require a lagswitch. It comes to my attention, however, that many people don't know what this is or how to use one.

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use one of the best wireless lagswitches around, the Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC).

Now, let us begin by downloading this wonderful program.

Next, view the image below. Everything of importance in this GUI is numbered. If something is not, then it is not worth mentioning.

Spoiler

First up is...

1.) The IP Address.

This is where you input your IP Address for your console. It should be under the network settings. Please note: It is recommended that your IP is static and not dynamic, so it does not alter itself after every reset.

2.) The Selected Target.

This will show your IP Address when it is "locked on."

3.) The Port.

For PS3: The PS3 uses two ports primarily, 27 and 12. For an intense lag, choose 27. For a more mellow lag, choose 12.

For XBOX: No bloody clue. Stick with 80 for now.

4.) The Method.

Always, always, always use UDP. HTTP and TCP will not work. Do not bother with those.

5.) The Amount of Threads and Whether the Connections Should Wait For Reply.

Keep the Threads on the default of ten, unless you wish for more lag. Always keep "Wait for Reply" checked, for the lag will not happen without it.

6.) The TCP/UDP Message.

The data that you are flooding your connection with. It does not matter what you put here.

7.) The Speed Slider.

For a quicker flood, go left. For a slower one, the opposite.

8.) The Button.

You are all set! When ready to lag, press it!

9.) The Amount of Data Requested.

If all is well, this counter should be soaring with numbers!

Now that you are armed with your new lagswitching powers, put them to use! SeaWallTx has a wonderful thread filled to the brim with many lagswitch-specific glitches. Give them a shot!

• A Maned Wolf, GTAO_Playerrr and Sum-gUy like this

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

Cool info, thanks for sharing.

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Great, isn't this the same program used by many Anon's and other people of the kind?

DeathsDisciple47
  • DeathsDisciple47

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Great, isn't this the same program used by many Anon's and other people of the kind?

Sure is. All you are doing is essentially DDoSing your own network.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

The speed bar at #6 do you want that as slower or faster when you are trying to cause a lag that slows down the game itself?

frohanss
  • frohanss

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Does it mather how your network is setup? Will it work if pc and ps3 is connected throu router/swich. Can ps3 be on ethernet and pc throu wifi? Tested something simular earlyer and it made zero lag on ps3 but the pc did hang after a while and lost connection.

DeathsDisciple47
  • DeathsDisciple47

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

The speed bar at #6 do you want that as slower or faster when you are trying to cause a lag that slows down the game itself?

For more lag, go faster.

Does it mather how your network is setup? Will it work if pc and ps3 is connected throu router/swich. Can ps3 be on ethernet and pc throu wifi? Tested something simular earlyer and it made zero lag on ps3 but the pc did hang after a while and lost connection.

It does work if the Console is on Wireless, but I am not sure about Ethernet. My guess is no, due to the direct connection between the router itself and the Console in question.

Sum-gUy
  • Sum-gUy

REMEMBER, IT'S ALL JUST A GAME

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Just for caution do not use this to target the church of scientology website, You will have the FBI at your door and a five year prison sentence. True

story.

Nice addition OP.

• Gridl0k likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Just for caution do not use this to target the church of scientology website, You will have the FBI at your door and a five year prison sentence. True

story.

Nice addition OP.

Something you'd like to share?

frohanss
  • frohanss

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

For more lag, go faster.

It does work if the Console is on Wireless, but I am not sure about Ethernet. My guess is no, due to the direct connection between the router itself and the Console in question.

So if i have both ps3 and pc connected with ethernet throu router it should work?

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:42 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 30 April 2014 - 11:42 AM.

So if i have both ps3 and pc connected with ethernet throu router it should work?

No eithernet cord won't work because you have a direct connection with the console instead of a router which sends the data though the air and can be intercepted unlike the internet cord which is a hard-wired connection

frohanss
  • frohanss

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

No eithernet cord won't work because you have a direct connection with the console instead of a router which sends the data though the air and can be intercepted unlike the internet cord which is a hard-wired connection

Don't have wifi on ps3. The wifi part was if my laptop used wifi. This setup is how i asked about. (just simple google search pic)

http://www.myaccount...PS3_image1.ccom

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

the cannon is a serious tool, don't fool around with it.

• NoSignal666 and Gridl0k like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

password123456

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

I can't wait for the court case where it has to be explained to the jury that they only downloaded LOIC to get Trevor's Bodhi online.

• smil0, Sum-gUy and DeathsDisciple47 like this

NoSignal666
  • NoSignal666

A Nice Guy

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by NoSignal666, 02 May 2014 - 07:49 PM.

When I downloaded it its says its a virus.. wtf OP

NVM what I said lol

LukeH_97
  • LukeH_97

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

When do I activate the Lagswitch when transferring cars from SP to MP?

Sum-gUy
  • Sum-gUy

REMEMBER, IT'S ALL JUST A GAME

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

When do I activate the Lagswitch when transferring cars from SP to MP?

Before you go to the ps store. Then quickly choose a sp character with the character wheel.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

bookmarking it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users