90 replies to this topic
xInitial D
  • xInitial D

Turbocharged

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Have you heard of the placebo effect?
I don't really care if you have previously made a thread in which you say different wheels effect handling. This does not make it true. Ask the people who have looked at the data files for the game. There is absolutely no difference in stats. This has been discussed a hundred time before here. Next you're gonna tell us that the hood modifications on muscle cars increase airflow to the engines and improve performance.

Continue to bask in your ignorance then. There is no Placebo effect, every wheel type has different characteristics. If you think that Muscle Rims on an Entity are going to be the same as High End wheels, say Carbon S Racer than you must have no awareness of vehicle dynamics. Just becuase you lack the perception to notice the changes, does not mean they are there. The changes on the tire are there, in peformance and visually.

Perhaps your not even a racer, in that case dont speak on wheel types. Your opinion is irrelevant unless you have actually tried all the wheel types yourself and experienced the difference. Anyway your placebo theory is not make true. This is not medicine, there is a proven difference between different wheels and you cannot disprove it. If you dont want to believe it fine, continue to ride around in your Chrome entity with Dollar sign wheels and crash.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

The Comet, its 2 fast 2 furious

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 27 April 2014 - 07:52 AM.

.[/quote]

[quote name="Jolly SWAGman" post="1065270184" timestamp="1398576271"]
I don't really care if you have previously made a thread in which you say different wheels effect handling. This does not make it true. Ask the people who have looked at the data files for the game. There is absolutely no difference in stats. This has been discussed a hundred time before here. Next you're gonna tell us that the hood modifications on muscle cars increase airflow to the engines and improve performance.
[/quote] 
Continue to bask in your ignorance then. There is no Placebo effect, every wheel type has different characteristics. If you think that Muscle Rims on an Entity are going to be the same as High End wheels, say Carbon S Racer than you must have no awareness of vehicle dynamics. Just becuase you lack the perception to notice the changes, does not mean they are there. The changes on the tire are there, in peformance and visually.

Perhaps your not even a racer, in that case dont speak on wheel types. Your opinion is irrelevant unless you have actually tried all the wheel types yourself and experienced the difference. Anyway your placebo theory is not make true. This is not medicine, there is a proven difference between different wheels and you cannot disprove it. If you dont want to believe it fine, continue to ride around in your Chrome entity with Dollar sign wheels and crash.

I'm very curious to know how different wheel types effect performance when their is no difference in their stats in the game data files. Everyone I've heard that has looked at this data says the wheels are exactly the same and does not effect data. How does that work genius? Where's this proven difference you speak of?

No you're (not your btw) right. I must drive a chrome entity with dollar wheels and my opnion is irrelvant because I realise that changing wheel types does nothing. This isn't grand tourismo.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by jcph3, 27 April 2014 - 09:06 AM.

I'm very curious to know how different wheel types effect performance when their is no difference in their stats in the game data files. Everyone I've heard that has looked at this data says the wheels are exactly the same and does not effect data. How does that work genius? Where's this proven difference you speak of?

No you're (not your btw) right. I must drive a chrome entity with dollar wheels and my opnion is irrelvant because I realise that changing wheel types does nothing. This isn't grand tourismo.

I don't think anyone has downloaded the entire game files. The handling file that has been passed around has several factors that affect traction but nothing specifically about tires. 

But all of that data is stock, there's nothing in that file that shows modifications.

Broughy tested mods and upgrades and found that tires did make a slight bit of difference, lacking any other data I'm inclined to agree with his tests. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=UIBk7XZpeh8

For me, the difference wouldn't  be enough to put tires I don't like on any vehicle, the same for those ugly carbon panels

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by Gaffa, 27 April 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Don't you understand it's all a load of rubbish? The wheel type and external mods don't make a difference. 

It's like people testing all the cars of a single class on the same race for five laps or more. They would conclude vehicle X is the fastest due to quickest lap times. 

A different person doing the same test could conclude vehicle Y was the fastest. This isn't down to modifications of any sort, simply using correct racing lines, throttle control and proper braking techniques. 

In the exact same regard or circumstances people could be drawing the same conclusion about wheel types and spoilers etc. 

There's also a video on YouTube about somebody testing vehicles acceleration - once when upgraded until the acceleration bar statistic was full, once with all the upgrades. On timed straight line drags they found no difference between the results. 

The carbonizzare is the fastest accelerating sports class, because if you come off the gas and hit the handbrake and then come onto the gas again at the right time - usually in second gear, the rear wheels will backspin leaving marks on the road, and you will actually see the car jolt forward/ camera move. You can temporarily pull away from any car with this method. The Phoenix is also capable of this, but not as much. 

Honestly, on topic, the wheels don't make a difference. This isn't a racing game with proper racing physics and dynamics. 

If you're noticing changes, good for you. But I can tell you it's most likely in your mind as I don't notice any differences. And I'm someone who comes from a racing game background having played Gran Turismo 1 to the latest and similarly with Forza and PGR's. 

If the tread on the tyre chances, the handling of the vehicle will change. If the tread doesn't change it won't. Hence, in GTA, off road wheels will make a difference both on and off road but the others are purely aesthetic. So go for whichever one pleases you the most. 

Note: I've tested all classes of wheel type on all classes of vehicles. 

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

If the Comet's rear looked more like the real 911 and didn't have the spoiler then yes.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by novesori, 27 April 2014 - 02:17 PM.

I have both, and I prefer the 9F.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

I don't like the spoiler on the Comet, but the 9F doesn't look good without the small spoiler. It has a bubble-butt...

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Stop arguing already. Spoilers are simply aesthetic. They didn't include such a ridiculously advanced physics engine to account for every little aerodynamic part on the vehicle. And like some guy said earlier, spoilers don't make you go faster. They slow you down. Which does not happen in-game.

Besides, a spoiler on a Comet is highly useless as it doesn't go fast enough or is light enough to lift off the ground. You would need a spoiler on an Adder or a Turismo or something.

xInitial D
  • xInitial D

Turbocharged

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by xInitial D, 27 April 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Don't you understand it's all a load of rubbish? The wheel type and external mods don't make a difference. 

It's like people testing all the cars of a single class on the same race for five laps or more. They would conclude vehicle X is the fastest due to quickest lap times. 

A different person doing the same test could conclude vehicle Y was the fastest. This isn't down to modifications of any sort, simply using correct racing lines, throttle control and proper braking techniques. 

In the exact same regard or circumstances people could be drawing the same conclusion about wheel types and spoilers etc. 

There's also a video on YouTube about somebody testing vehicles acceleration - once when upgraded until the acceleration bar statistic was full, once with all the upgrades. On timed straight line drags they found no difference between the results. 

The carbonizzare is the fastest accelerating sports class, because if you come off the gas and hit the handbrake and then come onto the gas again at the right time - usually in second gear, the rear wheels will backspin leaving marks on the road, and you will actually see the car jolt forward/ camera move. You can temporarily pull away from any car with this method. The Phoenix is also capable of this, but not as much. 

Honestly, on topic, the wheels don't make a difference. This isn't a racing game with proper racing physics and dynamics. 

If you're noticing changes, good for you. But I can tell you it's most likely in your mind as I don't notice any differences. And I'm someone who comes from a racing game background having played Gran Turismo 1 to the latest and similarly with Forza and PGR's. 

If the tread on the tyre chances, the handling of the vehicle will change. If the tread doesn't change it won't. Hence, in GTA, off road wheels will make a difference both on and off road but the others are purely aesthetic. So go for whichever one pleases you the most. 

You do realize that High End Wheels, Sport Wheels , Muscle, Low Rider and Tuner wheels... ALL HAVE DIFFERENT TIRE TREAD, but tire thread is not the only that is not the only indicator of handling changes though, there is a huge difference in traction between the different wheel types. Some add oversteer some add understeer, I elaborated on this earlier. The handling does change, it may seem a slight difference to you in FreeRoam when your not racing, but if your racing trying to hit every turn at the highest speed the difference is night and day.

Stop arguing already. Spoilers are simply aesthetic. They didn't include such a ridiculously advanced physics engine to account for every little aerodynamic part on the vehicle. And like some guy said earlier, spoilers don't make you go faster. They slow you down. Which does not happen in-game.

Besides, a spoiler on a Comet is highly useless as it doesn't go fast enough or is light enough to lift off the ground. You would need a spoiler on an Adder or a Turismo or something.

No, I will never agree with you. I know what I know. They did put an advanced physics engine, which takes into account your speed, and the aero mods on your vehicle. THE FASTER YOU GO, THE MORE DOWNFORCE YOU HAVE, THE MORE DOWNFORCE YOU HAVE, THE MORE GRIP... see for yourself. Unless you have tested it foryourself you will not know. Do a slalom test, with and without. They are not only aesthetic, they didnt add almost unnoticeable little plastic pieces to go on the front of the vehicle to do nothing. There is a damn reason rockstar add ALL THESE aero mods in..

You probably have not tested and seen the difference downfroce makes on your vehicles. If you dont believe my downforce theory, than you actually test it yourself. What I say is actual facts, not opinions and not fake. No crap this is not Grand Turismo, but Rockstar did take into account alot of vehicle dynamics, including the air flowing around and over your car.

SPEED + AERO Mods (Canards/ Wing/ Spitters) = Downforce = Grip

The comet is very light and it has no engine in the front, if you know anything about rear engine cars they have lift. Comet is one of the lightest rear engine cars, in GTA V, if not the lightest. The Comet has VERY HIGH lift, even at low speeds you can see the whole front end come up during acceleration, and you have LESS grip at lower speed in a comet, than you do at high speed. The lack of weight in the front causes this, there is no engine, no driveline in the middle and no transmission in the middle its all in the rear, so the majority of weight is the rear.. At high speeds, the effect of the the Canards and Front Splitter come in reduce this lift and add downforce, which puts pressure on the front increasing traction.

No matter what you or ANYONE says I stand firm on it and unless you have tested it YOURSELF you simply dont know.

123tm123
  • 123tm123

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by 123tm123, 27 April 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Based on what you said, if you shoot off the spoiler off a Comet and go at high speeds you will lift up.

Go ahead and try it then come back.

• PauloBXL likes this

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hey initial, it's a f*cking video game. 

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

hey initial, it's not Gran Turismo. Optical parts like wheels and spoilers didn't make the car beter in any performance way. Don't went full retard.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hey initial, it's a f*cking video game. 

True, it's just a f*cking video game but to these guys it's life and death

Exqlusive
  • Exqlusive

King Salt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

0nLpspl.jpg

I don't anything else needs to be said.

• PauloBXL likes this

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Comet for performance, 9F Cabrio for looks.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

IMO, 9F Cabrio for performance and 9F Cabrio for looks

lukeskateboards
  • lukeskateboards

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

So what, you gonna comment on every single persons opinion and say what you think? Don't think that's necessary.. 

I'll just leave this here as well… 

0_0.jpg

• SHFU likes this

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

So what, you gonna comment on every single persons opinion and say what you think? Don't think that's necessary.. 

< snip >

Did I leave a comment on every single persons opinion ? I'm not sure where you're getting your sh*t from.

IRace
  • IRace

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by IRace, 27 April 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Your wrong, tires DO EFFECT PEFORMANCE and that is a FACT. Look at my post and spoiler tag above!!! try putting low rider rims on your supercar and see how much your car slides. Then put High End the difference is night and day. Go ahead, put muscle rims on your supercar and see if you do slide sideways into every tree or pole.

Congratulations.  I had to join to destroy this myth.  The type of wheels does not affect performance on these cars.  Spoilers do not affect performance.  Canards do not affect performance.  None of those affect any noticeable increase or decrease in grip or traction in this game.

Want to know how I tested this?  I went to Cutting Coroners in my fully upgraded Entity which I've never used a spoiler on.  I'm using the Supa Gee high performance wheels.  Took it 10 laps around the track.  Best time 54.464. 

Next.  I take my Entity, and put on Off Road wheels and tires.  I change nothing else.  I take it around Cutting Coroners 10 laps.  Best time is 54.575.  As you will probably notice with these lap times, I can pretty much guarantee you I'd notice any noticeable change in traction or grip...considering how good my lap times are. 

Next.  I take my Entity, I put back on my Supa Gee wheels.  I add a spoiler this time.  I take it around Cutting Coroners 10 laps.  Best time is 54.632.  Absolutely no noticeable difference in grip or traction.

The only thing that is causing a difference in how fast I'm taking that Entity around the track, is line placement, throttle control, braking points, and smooth steering inputs.  The spoilers, the type of wheels, the canards, they aren't going to make a difference around these tracks. 

Go ahead, put up some lap times around Cutting Coroners. 

Edit:  Lowrider wheels and tires:  54.609, no difference in driving characteristics at all.

This myth is busted. 

• Jolly Swagman and PSgtaplayer1 like this

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:02 PM Edited by novesori, 27 April 2014 - 07:02 PM.

The "fact" that wheel type matters, is always told by people, who have like 2wins and 50loses in races...people who can drive, tell you there is no difference.

SHFU
  • SHFU

shrek is lov shrek is lief ͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

I've owned a fully modded Comet and I couldn't win a race with it.
The 9F Cabrio on the other hand was my money maker until the Vestra was introduced.
The best part is we will eventuay get additional properties with garages and I will re-purchase the Comet because I like it it just wasn't worth getting it just to cruiser around back then.

I'm assuming that by the Vestra you mean Jester? Unless there was a secret hotfix yesterday that allows you to race against multiple vehicle classes   :lol:

The "fact" that wheel type matters, is always told by people, who have like 2wins and 50loses in races...people who can drive, tell you there is no difference.

I sort of agree with you, however I do feel that with the Off-Road tires you have less grip in turns atleast with muscle cars  :panic:

Your wrong, tires DO EFFECT PEFORMANCE and that is a FACT. Look at my post and spoiler tag above!!! try putting low rider rims on your supercar and see how much your car slides. Then put High End the difference is night and day. Go ahead, put muscle rims on your supercar and see if you do slide sideways into every tree or pole.

Congratulations.  I had to join to destroy this myth.  The type of wheels does not affect performance on these cars.  Spoilers do not affect performance.  Canards do not affect performance.  None of those affect any noticeable increase or decrease in grip or traction in this game.

Want to know how I tested this?  I went to Cutting Coroners in my fully upgraded Entity which I've never used a spoiler on.  I'm using the Supa Gee high performance wheels.  Took it 10 laps around the track.  Best time 54.464. 

Next.  I take my Entity, and put on Off Road wheels and tires.  I change nothing else.  I take it around Cutting Coroners 10 laps.  Best time is 54.575.  As you will probably notice with these lap times, I can pretty much guarantee you I'd notice any noticeable change in traction or grip...considering how good my lap times are. 

Next.  I take my Entity, I put back on my Supa Gee wheels.  I add a spoiler this time.  I take it around Cutting Coroners 10 laps.  Best time is 54.632.  Absolutely no noticeable difference in grip or traction.

The only thing that is causing a difference in how fast I'm taking that Entity around the track, is line placement, throttle control, braking points, and smooth steering inputs.  The spoilers, the type of wheels, the canards, they aren't going to make a difference around these tracks. 

Go ahead, put up some lap times around Cutting Coroners. 

Edit:  Lowrider wheels and tires:  54.609, no difference in driving characteristics at all.

This myth is busted. 

Not hating, but I'm just saying that you should have tested the offroad tires on an offroad race instead of Cutting Coroners  :barf:

0_0.jpg

I'll take the Comet any day over the Cabrio, probably not over the regular 9F tho  :santa:

SHFU
  • SHFU

shrek is lov shrek is lief ͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

You do realize that High End Wheels, Sport Wheels , Muscle, Low Rider and Tuner wheels... ALL HAVE DIFFERENT TIRE TREAD, but tire thread is not the only that is not the only indicator of handling changes though, there is a huge difference in traction between the different wheel types. Some add oversteer some add understeer, I elaborated on this earlier. The handling does change, it may seem a slight difference to you in FreeRoam when your not racing, but if your racing trying to hit every turn at the highest speed the difference is night and day.

No, I will never agree with you. I know what I know. They did put an advanced physics engine, which takes into account your speed, and the aero mods on your vehicle. THE FASTER YOU GO, THE MORE DOWNFORCE YOU HAVE, THE MORE DOWNFORCE YOU HAVE, THE MORE GRIP... see for yourself. Unless you have tested it foryourself you will not know. Do a slalom test, with and without. They are not only aesthetic, they didnt add almost unnoticeable little plastic pieces to go on the front of the vehicle to do nothing. There is a damn reason rockstar add ALL THESE aero mods in..

You probably have not tested and seen the difference downfroce makes on your vehicles. If you dont believe my downforce theory, than you actually test it yourself. What I say is actual facts, not opinions and not fake. No crap this is not Grand Turismo, but Rockstar did take into account alot of vehicle dynamics, including the air flowing around and over your car.

SPEED + AERO Mods (Canards/ Wing/ Spitters) = Downforce = Grip

The comet is very light and it has no engine in the front, if you know anything about rear engine cars they have lift. Comet is one of the lightest rear engine cars, in GTA V, if not the lightest. The Comet has VERY HIGH lift, even at low speeds you can see the whole front end come up during acceleration, and you have LESS grip at lower speed in a comet, than you do at high speed. The lack of weight in the front causes this, there is no engine, no driveline in the middle and no transmission in the middle its all in the rear, so the majority of weight is the rear.. At high speeds, the effect of the the Canards and Front Splitter come in reduce this lift and add downforce, which puts pressure on the front increasing traction.

No matter what you or ANYONE says I stand firm on it and unless you have tested it YOURSELF you simply dont know.

I agree with you but honestly even if you do add all the aero modifications available to the car you're looking at approximately less than a   0.500 second advantage which is not really going to matter in public race matches because most of the racers online are not really that experienced racers  :lol:

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

0.5sec is a lot in racing...I will fight for every 0,1sec I can find, maybe not in GTA, but in real life racing.

In GTA you can only do it by driving beter, when you already have a full upgraded car. And Aero mods and Wheels DO NOT upgrade your car performance-wise.

visabroke
  • visabroke

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

comet ftw

JimmySaville'd
  • JimmySaville'd

Like my posts for chop

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Got both, never looked back

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by PSgtaplayer1, 28 May 2014 - 12:30 PM.

9F for performance and racing, cruising and missions. Comet for looks and cruising, and only cruising..(missions included).

I've owned both already and I'd say that the 9F is better in every way except looks. Both cars don't have good handling either way. The 9F slides too much (unless you're using a sports suspension upgrade or higher) and the Comet seems to just fly off the ground at times. I guess it just wants to be a jet and tries to leave the ground every chance possible.

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:36 PM Edited by Biff73, 28 May 2014 - 12:58 PM.

the comet is deadly in the right hands
0_0.jpg
favorite car in the whole game
people say it sucks because they cant drive it because they are used to things that stick to the ground like they are on a track

Nope,the comet sucks not because they can't drive it.It sucks because its the cheapest,,outdated,ugliest sports car available.The only nice porsche

Porsche918SpyderHybridConcept1.jpg

• hei3enberg likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

BF Surfers XBOX ONE/360

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Op made a right choice with that Phoenix. Kind of rare, nice customization options, cheap insurance, good for cruises. Because it's the only meaning of 9F/ Comet. Take note, that  customization for them are as expensive as for faster and more expensive cars. Don't be cheap, you'll end selling that cars like I did. Like most of my friends did.

I haven't witness any documented proofs that Comet can perform well, nobody from Comet master race posted here their results in cutting coroners. Some of them even promised to do that back before update, but their tomorrow is still not here. 

In sport class you should consider Elegy, Massacro or Jester. 

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Actually for racing, I'd choose the 9F over the comet. The 9F's got one of the fastest lap times in Drift King amongst a sea of Elegies and Jesters. Ze acceleration. Das ist to die for.

ExMaj
  • ExMaj

DogFighter

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

Look at this beauty, just look at it..

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users