Photo

Comet vs. 9F Cabrio

90 replies to this topic
xInitial D
  • xInitial D

Turbocharged

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:19 AM Edited by xInitial D, 27 April 2014 - 04:30 AM.

Are you playing the right game? those don't get accounted for at all performance wise. Not to mention they're not one bit aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Just no 

Where is your logic? If I wasnt playing this game, how would I have posted my in game pictures here? There is no stat sheet saying they do not get accounted for, but it definately effects peformance.

Ok so both examples of these Comets will be on Sport tires, A fully modded Comet without canards and GT wing will slide all over the place, and will easily lose grip in high speed turns With Canards and GT wing it will easily hold a turn at full speed and is more stable . I am not go by stat sheets, I am going of of my experiences customizing with this car, and feeling every difference. Nothing you say can convince me otherwise.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, tyres or more correctly wheels don't make any difference. The only ones that do make a difference are "Off Road Tyres". The others are purely cosmetic. 

Anything you experience differently is simply a placebo. I would guess the same goes for rear spoilers etc... On most top end vehicles in real life, adding a rear spoiler shaves off some of the top speed, although this is not recognised in GTA. My Jester (with race spec additions including massive spoiler) caught up to a Turismo eventually, with both of us being flat out, and the Jester is only second in top speed to the Adder. 

So K3vLegend is partially correct (simply his opinion that they are not aesthetically pleasing whereas for me (opinion) on some cars they look good). 

K3vLegend
  • K3vLegend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

Are you playing the right game? those don't get accounted for at all performance wise. Not to mention they're not one bit aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Just no 

If I wasnt playing this game, how would I have posted my in game pictures here? There is no stat sheet saying they do not get accounted for, but it definately effects peformance. A fully modded Comet without canards and GT wing will slide all over the place, and will not grip at high speeds. With the proper tires, Canards and GT wing it will hold a turn at full speed.

Ah I see you catch sarcasm well.

Again, there's no difference. And now I know you're full of it, because literally the tires make no difference. No reason to elaborate on it.

MatsOvechkin
  • MatsOvechkin

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

9f cabrio

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:40 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 27 April 2014 - 04:40 AM.

Go for the Comet, but please, remove those canards..

Canards are functional, they add downforce, wihich helps alot on the Comet.

Yeah unfortunately GTA V doesn't account for downforce on cars. Spoilers are just aesthetic. They don't serve a purpose.

I disagree with you here, I have added canards on Comet and Elegy in both cases the vehicle's grip improved at higher speeds. Same with the GT Wing.... I feel a difference and know the peformance has improved so I keep them there.  There really is no other reason to have a trivial piece of barely noticible plastic as a modification, unless it improved the peformance which it does.
No they don't. Wheels don't effect performance either. This a fact not an opinion.

OT: I'd go with the 9f OP. The problem with a comet isn't the steering for me but the weight. The thing is so light that as soon as you are bumped you seem to have a 50% chance of getting airborne.

xInitial D
  • xInitial D

Turbocharged

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:42 AM Edited by xInitial D, 27 April 2014 - 05:06 AM.

If I wasnt playing this game, how would I have posted my in game pictures here? There is no stat sheet saying they do not get accounted for, but it definately effects peformance. A fully modded Comet without canards and GT wing will slide all over the place, and will not grip at high speeds. With the proper tires, Canards and GT wing it will hold a turn at full speed.

Again, there's no difference. And now I know you're full of it, because literally the tires make no difference. No reason to elaborate on it.

You are contradicting yourself? Earlier you said tires had a difference!(appears you edited your post)!??  You are just going with what people say, but you refuse to do the research and experience for yourself. Stop being a SHEEP and jumping on the bandwagon and do your own research.

I had a thread on tires earlier and Im going to post it in this spoiler tag, I will even quote other people

Spoiler

High End tires provide more grip, but less responsiveness and less recovery if you spin out. Sport tires have less grip, but better recovery and better sliding ability.

Try for yourself instead of disproving everything! And whoever said a Jester. The Jester is actually not the fastest sports car in top speed, a Comet and Surano will blow it out of the water in top speed, Racing with catchup and slipstream off. Jester is just like the infernus, accelerates fast but not a great top end at all.

Are you racing Adders in freemoad? Remember that in Freeroam all vehicles top speed is GOVERNED becuase the Servers cannot handle, the whole map with a bunch of objects activities and lots of cars moving at fullspeed.

Yeah unfortunately GTA V doesn't account for downforce on cars. Spoilers are just aesthetic. They don't serve a purpose.

I disagree with you here, I have added canards on Comet and Elegy in both cases the vehicle's grip improved at higher speeds. Same with the GT Wing.... I feel a difference and know the peformance has improved so I keep them there.  There really is no other reason to have a trivial piece of barely noticible plastic as a modification, unless it improved the peformance which it does.
No they don't. Wheels don't effect performance either. This a fact not an opinion.

OT: I'd go with the 9f OP. The problem with a comet isn't the steering for me but the weight. The thing is so light that as soon as you are bumped you seem to have a 50% chance of getting airborne.

Your wrong, tires DO EFFECT PEFORMANCE and that is a FACT. Look at my post and spoiler tag above!!! try putting low rider rims on your supercar and see how much your car slides. Then put High End the difference is night and day. Go ahead, put muscle rims on your supercar and see if you do slide sideways into every tree or pole.

• 33d likes this

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

Go for a Banshee. 

Honestly, you never see anyone driving one as their PV, can come in Hard Top or Convertible (luck of draw) and drive unbelievably well. Plus the engine sound isn't shared on any other/ many other cars. 

Been using it as my test vehicle for Races created in the Content Creator and have been pleasantly surprised with how stable it is on the road, considering it's supposed to be modelled or have similarities to the 8 litre Dodge Viper (again, Engine even sounds similar). 

banshee has the best engine sound in the game and has great handling. pity it has slower top speed than the sultan cause i traded it for a dominator. 

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Comet has better looks
9f cabrio is better performing

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:50 AM Edited by Ballistic Jello, 27 April 2014 - 04:51 AM.

Depends. Fastest? 9F Cabrio. Best looking? 9F Cabrio. Best handling? 9F Cabrio. Worst design choice by having an ugly ass spoiler on the back? Comet.
Your pick man.

Woo, two straight up lies in one post.

My choice:

0_0.jpg
  • A Maned Wolf and 33d like this

K3vLegend
  • K3vLegend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

You are contradicting yourself? Early you said tires had a difference?! You are just going with what people say, but you reuse to do the research and experience for yourself.

-Dat quote train-

Your wrong, tires DO EFFECT PEFORMANCE and that is a FACT. try putting low rider rims on your supercar and see how much your car slides. Then put High End the difference is night and day. Go ahead, put muscle rims on your supercar and see if you do slide sideways into every tree or pole.

Let me re-phrase, I was implying that the "proper tires" like you said designed for each scenario had little to no difference. When in the hell would I have low-rider wheels when racing with a super car. That exemplification is absolutely absurd and unrealistic. I'm not disagreeing with your "testing". If anything I support it, and wish R* would have added specific handling stats for on and off road, and you're right because of that I never looked into it more. But still, the whole downforce theory is just not present, I've never experienced any difference with what I'll call aesthetic mods.

cdm121880
  • cdm121880

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

the comet is deadly in the right hands
0_0.jpg
favorite car in the whole game
people say it sucks because they cant drive it because they are used to things that stick to the ground like they are on a track

Someone gets it. The comet was my favorite car in sp, and continues to be in online. First large purchase I made after my apartment. I believe the posters that said they couldn't win a race with one. It takes immense focus to control it, but when you get it, the sports class is yours. I'm not positive but I believe I'm 49-17 in races, and I'd say 75% of those races were in my comet. As long as it was a 2 or 3 car race, it was almost a guaranteed win, 8 car race..... hard to get through the trash without someone wrecking you. Can't go wrong with it, just have to get some wheel time and learn to drift the corners a bit.
  • DrDetroit, A Maned Wolf and 33d like this

K3vLegend
  • K3vLegend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

If the Comet just simply had the option to remove the spoiler, it would probably be my DD. The removal of the trunk/spoiler just doesn't suffice, but still looks heaps better.

• Cwinny24 and Velnyx like this

Velnyx
  • Velnyx

☆ Lowballer ☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

If the Comet just simply had the option to remove the spoiler, it would probably be my DD. The removal of the trunk/spoiler just doesn't suffice, but still looks heaps better.

This.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

0_0.jpg
people say it sucks because they cant drive it because they are used to things that stick to the ground like they are on a track

Someone gets it. The comet was my favorite car in sp, and continues to be in online. First large purchase I made after my apartment. I believe the posters that said they couldn't win a race with one. It takes immense focus to control it, but when you get it, the sports class is yours. I'm not positive but I believe I'm 49-17 in races, and I'd say 75% of those races were in my comet. As long as it was a 2 or 3 car race, it was almost a guaranteed win, 8 car race..... hard to get through the trash without someone wrecking you. Can't go wrong with it, just have to get some wheel time and learn to drift the corners a bit.

Someone who understands that throttle control and proper braking can make any car become a winner.

• word is bond and cdm121880 like this

Giovas-570-4
  • Giovas-570-4

(-insert random text here-)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:22 AM

0_0.jpg

Wait... where's the spoiler???!!!?!

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:24 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 27 April 2014 - 05:25 AM.

You are contradicting yourself? Earlier you said tires had a difference!(appears you edited your post)!??  You are just going with what people say, but you refuse to do the research and experience for yourself. Stop being a SHEEP and jumping on the bandwagon and do your own research.

I had a thread on tires earlier and Im going to post it in this spoiler tag, I will even quote other people
Spoiler

High End tires provide more grip, but less responsiveness and less recovery if you spin out. Sport tires have less grip, but better recovery and better sliding ability.

Try for yourself instead of disproving everything! And whoever said a Jester. The Jester is actually not the fastest sports car in top speed, a Comet and Surano will blow it out of the water in top speed, Racing with catchup and slipstream off. Jester is just like the infernus, accelerates fast but not a great top end at all.

Are you racing Adders in freemoad? Remember that in Freeroam all vehicles top speed is GOVERNED becuase the Servers cannot handle, the whole map with a bunch of objects activities and lots of cars moving at fullspeed.

Your wrong, tires DO EFFECT PEFORMANCE and that is a FACT. Look at my post and spoiler tag above!!! try putting low rider rims on your supercar and see how much your car slides. Then put High End the difference is night and day. Go ahead, put muscle rims on your supercar and see if you do slide sideways into every tree or pole.
Have you heard of the placebo effect?
I don't really care if you have previously made a thread in which you say different wheels effect handling. This does not make it true. Ask the people who have looked at the data files for the game. There is absolutely no difference in stats. This has been discussed a hundred time before here. Next you're gonna tell us that the hood modifications on muscle cars increase airflow to the engines and improve performance.

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

Wait... where's the spoiler???!!!?!

you can shoot it off :)

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

9F Cabrio all the f*cking way. The car looks better, steers better, is much more faster, and did I say that it looks better ?

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

9F Cabrio all the f*cking way. The car looks better, steers better, is much more faster, and did I say that it looks better ?

HAH! that gave me a good laugh

i have 200 losses 250 wins and most of my wins in the sports class was a comet :D

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

HAH! that gave me a good laugh

WTF, your name :O Your name just gave me a good laugh

• 33d likes this

Giovas-570-4
  • Giovas-570-4

(-insert random text here-)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:48 AM Edited by Giovas-570-4, 27 April 2014 - 05:55 AM.

So, i made a decission and i got a new car:

Spoiler

*Fixed*
  • Captain Hammer likes this

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

Spoiler

nice
to post picture links its [ img = link ]

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Not bad.

:^:

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:59 AM Edited by hentai_posse, 27 April 2014 - 06:01 AM.

since speed is on topic pay attention guys :)
the legendary motorsports websites stats are THE MOST accurate and offical stats for cars top speed and acceleration. I have tested every single car on multiple tracks I designed for speed and acceleration testing etc and every single car performed exactly how the website says.
For example the comets top speed on the website is 203 mph and acceleration is 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. The 9fs performance is top speed 189 mph and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. in my multiple tests the Comet absolutely shredded the 9f in all aspects.
Literally the only two cars that could out perform the comet were the Elegy and Surano, the elegy has the fastest acceleration out of any land vehicle and the Surano has top speed in the sports class. The stats on legendary motorsports show this already and every single car lives up to their stats. The comet has the second fastest acceleration and top speed in the sports class and is the best all round sports car. And my tests confirmed this 
:D :D :D :D
tl;dr for accurate representation of a cars top speed and acceleration check the legendarymotorsports website 

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

I've owned both and with 2 characters and 40 total garage spaces neither will make the cut! 

"These aren't the cars your looking for"

"Move along........"  :rol:

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

the legendary motorsports websites stats are THE MOST accurate and offical stats for cars top speed and acceleration. I have tested every single car on multiple tracks I designed for speed and acceleration testing etc and every single car performed exactly how the website says.
For example the comets top speed on the website is 203 mph and acceleration is 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. The 9fs performance is top speed 189 mph and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. in my multiple tests the Comet absolutely shredded the 9f in all aspects.
Literally the only two cars that could out perform the comet were the Elegy and Surano, the elegy has the fastest acceleration out of any land vehicle and the Surano has top speed in the sports class. The stats on legendary motorsports show this already and every single car lives up to their stats. The comet has the second fastest acceleration and top speed in the sports class and is the best all round sports car. And my tests confirmed this 
tl;dr for accurate representation of a cars top speed and acceleration check the legendarymotorsports website 

You know, this is only true for stock cars...

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

new-comet-mcnaught-1-100608-02.jpg?12941

Soft tops are ugly

• Giovas-570-4, This Guy? and 33d like this

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

You know, this is only true for stock cars...

not likely, as upgrading engine and tubo etc upgrades it a specific percentage. for example engine will give any car 20 percent more acceleration so if 2 were upgraded the exact same the one with the highest top speed will still be the fastest. If upgrades were relative to a specific car and changed each cars performance differently then we would see bullets winning against adders etc

anyway back to the point, the comet is the elite car in gta 5 :p

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:17 AM Edited by jcph3, 27 April 2014 - 06:19 AM.

Agreed, for stock and the testing online indicates that mods improve all vehicles pretty equally.

Just don't use the 0 -10 ranking stats and for god's sake don't average them and declare the higher average "better"!

The comet has "Elite"  0 - 60 acceleration, but you can get an RH 8 free that's significantly faster off the line.

• 33d likes this

dc16a2
  • dc16a2

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

9F hardtop in the colors and wheels you got. Nice blue BTW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users