82 replies to this topic
¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

I got an invite to one of these, then saw a thread on here complaining about it, so I left before the host could start the job.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• The Yardies
  • NATO

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 27 April 2014 - 05:53 AM.

The content creator should've been only issued to people over the age of 21 in sound mental shape. No offense to anyone here who makes decent maps/races, but 96% of them suck in general. I joined a DM one about a month ago where it was set under the map, I left in the first 30 seconds.

Realz
  • Realz

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

First of all it's not GLITCHED RP the creator only put that in the title so people would join, you only get 2.3k rp just like any other regular misson if you win and even less more if you lose... People host these to get their kd up honestly cause the rp and money you get at the end is pretty much "SH!T"

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

I joined a good user created dm once.It's only pistols and no hidden weapons or tanks.That is what i call a good game.Other deathmatches i joined is something along the lines of "NIG*A FIGHT" and "WHOS DA REAL NIG*A".Really annoying.

ThiiSllaiv
  • ThiiSllaiv

Eu sempre fui um sonhador.. e é isso que me mantém vivo!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

'-'

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

The content creator should've been only issued to people over the age of 21 in sound mental shape. No offense to anyone here who makes decent maps/races, but 96% of them suck in general. I joined a DM one about a month ago where it was set under the map, I left in the first 30 seconds.

I doubt age or mental shape has anything to do with it. Some people are just dicks. R* needs to let people block all custom jobs.

• SteveNYC likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

The kids playing this game fall for it.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

its the same type of idiots that wrecked littlebigplanet, copy paste here and there until it spreads like wildfire

• NikkoCharger and PG. like this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

The content creator should have been a bought item within the game. The mentality of giving a tool to create jobs to the community exceeds my thinking.

Anyway, I've never landed up in one of these DMs and my main gameplay is DMs. I've seen these a lot but always thought it was some idiot trying to get players to join their content to get likes - a way to entice them if you will.

I usually don't play any custom content when I land up in them. But can usually tell if the map would be fine to play by the amount of work they put in the name and description. These short two word descriptions usually gets me to leave.

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

its the same type of idiots that wrecked littlebigplanet, copy paste here and there until it spreads like wildfire

This was my main problem with the content creator in GTA, I knew that it would only be a matter of time until joining a random job would put you into some generic copypasta match.

blue1
  • blue1

¯¯¯¯¯

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

This is why R* needs to let people have the option to block custom jobs that way we don't have to play this crap.

Yes, that would be great. Perhaps an option regarding quick-jobs? "Rockstar only", "R* + verified" & "all content".

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• The Yardies
  • NATO

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:02 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 27 April 2014 - 09:33 AM.

@ DaTwista

All I do these days are DMs, I've played 73 of the 80 R* created/verified maps. I think I've played a total of maybe 6 custom ones, the one I mentioned was set under the map, and the rest were troll traps with hidden tanks. But custom maps I avoid like the plague. As others have mentioned, we should have an option to select what maps we want to be sent to via the quick job menu on the phone. It's as simple as making another sub menu.

Quick Job

Deathmatch  with 4 sub menu options

R* Created

R* Verified

Custom Maps

Random  

I separated the created from the verified maps because not everyone likes what R* verifies. These sub menu options would apply to racing, and capture as well.

• Willstig998 likes this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

I understand what you mean, and I've also sent a few emails to R* and spammed their support site about problematic jobs the players have created as well as a few suggestions similar to those you have mentioned above. Their general tone of their responses were "We don't really care about it, we might consider your proposal but if you have a problem with a DM, please report the job so we can investigate it".

Pressing the issues caused them to ignore any further correspondences I sent through to them.

As it stands now, I would only like to play R* and R* verified content. But I don't think we will ever see these categorized like we suggested because that would hinder the likes or dislikes on the custom jobs. If anything, R* seems to be promoting liking/disliking content as they recently added a RP bonus to every vote. And most likely because they get a better overview on what content players actually enjoy playing - and I mean this in the full sense of the custom content from the players.

It's not ideal, I realize that and it irritates me too.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

I actually don't like the split of R* created/R* Verified/Other as far as filtering content is concerned. It isn't sufficient solution to the problem IMO, nor particularly amenable to good content creators.

Ideally we should be able to filter out created content based on the creator. 

Played a sh*tty DM where the creator hid a tank? Add him to your filter so you don't end up in content created by him/her in the future.

Better ways to rate content. Like/dislike is wholly insufficient and just about any rating system that would let us provide more feedback would be better.

Both on social club and ingame:

*Top Content by Plays/Rating in the last week/month.

*Top Creators by Plays/Rating in the last week/month

*Both of those, also narrowed down into smaller categories; normal racing, gta, rally, DM, the various capture types etc

Crappy created content would be much less of a problem if R* provided us with better tools to separate the wheat from the chaff.

• ninjaontour and Thr33X like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Wouldn't it be much more effective to use a tank? Instead of guns?

Maybe to earn weapon tints?

The House Chef
  • The House Chef

St. Ives Syndicate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

Saw an invite for this the other day, looked to good to be true so sacked it off. Definitely glad i did after reading this...

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

I've heard about this and it doesn't surprise me tbh, some real asshats online as you'd expect.

This is @ your avatar sig. united came good yesterday, saw remnants of the 90's on that pitch and expect more good things to come.

Manchester_United_Wallpaper_by_CrzP.jpg

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

Brutaloz 4 Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

He'll yeah every time when I go to quick job then join deathmatch I always end up joining that bullsh*t map.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:36 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 28 April 2014 - 10:10 PM.

I have a 12000 k/d all from deathmatches,

plot twist

it was only one death match that I created and hosted with a hidden helicopter and a mini gun.

I let the peasants fight over a golf club.

edit: To be clear I have not done this and I won't.

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society Representative

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, who else get's invites to

"ALOT OF MONEY TO RACE!!!!!" ?

every. f*cking. day.

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Trolls gonna troll. But there's some nice stuff around there wich deserves a try.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

There shouldn't be a filter that blocks all custom content; there should be a filter that blocks all disliked content.  That way, not only could you avoid troll maps, but you'd never have to worry about randomly dropping into Down the Drain again. Maybe you could block by user too?

• hornedturtle likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Seen it offered but I don't play deathmatches, no point really.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

some death matches pay 12k+ and are actually fun to play :)

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

It's bad enough if you're a naive player and you think "Sweet, a melee fight!" and get stuck in, meanwhile the sneaky bastard host has sprung up on the roof to rinse you out.

The worst thing about this setup is that as long as the guy with gun is fast enough, YOU CAN'T f*ckING LEAVE.

You can't access the pause screen while the "WASTED" screen shows, and there are a couple of seconds in which you can't move as you flash into the game, meaning that you literally have to dashboard or switch the console off to leave the game.

Pathetic doesn't even cover it. Needs either patching or a Banhammer spree.

Try holding Down on the dpad to bring up character selection and go into singleplayer, fastest way to escape.

Don't know if it'd work, but a good idea. I never intend to join a game like that again, but I'll keep this in mind should I be so foolish.

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

hehe *flex*

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

I played a deathmatch similar earlier. It was at the same place where Michael got high on weed in SP and had to fight off angry monkeys using a minigun. There was a series of platforms and boxes that led up to the top of a pillar, the host got up there and started slaughtering us all with the minigun.
I've yet to come across those 1000000 RP + $$$$ deathmatches tho, now that I think about it, it seems kinda hilarious. I'd join one, laugh my butt off and then leave and never join another one.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

some death matches pay 12k+ and are actually fun to play :)

Nah, I hate deathmatches and any form of PvP.  Not exactly something I'm good at and I don't see the fun in never winning.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Shooter of Guns

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

First of all it's not GLITCHED RP the creator only put that in the title so people would join, you only get 2.3k rp just like any other regular misson if you win and even less more if you lose... People host these to get their kd up honestly cause the rp and money you get at the end is pretty much "SH!T"

You know, when you use the phrase "first of all", you're supposed to go on and make a second point, not just trail off into a meaningless rant then give up and walk away from your keyboard.

• ¥en and IVIechanomics like this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

Subtley's not really our thing.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:03 PM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 27 April 2014 - 01:04 PM.

Even races. People like this need to be IP banned.. Came across this using quick job.

Across the Alamo on motorcycles? Jesus f*cking Christ..

ANIcPOT.jpg

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

Shooter of Guns

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Even races. People like this need to be IP banned.. Came across this using quick job.

Across the Alamo on motorcycles? Jesus f*cking Christ..

ANIcPOT.jpg

In fairness, although it has a stupid title and sh*tty description that looks like it could be an amusing trials run on a Sanchez.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users