Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the best timecyc to get rid of the annoying filter?

6 replies to this topic
MythAlex
  • MythAlex

May the Force be with you!

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by MythAlex, 27 April 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Hello, guys.

I've always hated (some of) the colors from GTA IV (and EFLC):

> the gray / green filter from IV

> the black & white colors which occur at a certain weather (game becomes ugly when there are less colors, almost black and white... I hate that)

> the yellow filter from TLAD

> so on (you get it)

What's the best timecyc to make the weather/lighting/colors of GTA IV (and EFLC) clean / normal? (no custom / exaggerated presets)

I found this one: Clean IV

> download link 1

> download link 2

Is it the perfect one (= also, without any bugs)? If not, can you please, give me the best one you know?

P.S: Don't tell me about ENB.

Thank you in advance.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

If you want a more vibrant timecycle, I recommend using Visual IV: http://gtaforums.com...entry1061533436

MythAlex
  • MythAlex

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by MythAlex, 27 April 2014 - 07:17 PM.

If you want a more vibrant timecycle, I recommend using Visual IV: http://gtaforums.com...entry1061533436

I don't think so... Thank you anyway. Other suggestions?

More opinions? Please !!!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

CleanIV is pretty much it. I made it because I didn't like the other mods since they changed everything else; instead of just fixing the filter and saturation.

No bugs or anything. That makes no sense. All it does is change the settings for "Color Correction" (the ugly filter) and "Desaturation" (which actually lowers saturation).

Though I don't even use it myself since I use ENB now, but for someone who wants the default colors and graphics, just with the ugly filter and lack of saturation removed, use that.

MythAlex
  • MythAlex

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by MythAlex, 28 April 2014 - 08:53 PM.

CleanIV is pretty much it. I made it because I didn't like the other mods since they changed everything else; instead of just fixing the filter and saturation.

No bugs or anything. That makes no sense. All it does is change the settings for "Color Correction" (the ugly filter) and "Desaturation" (which actually lowers saturation).

Though I don't even use it myself since I use ENB now, but for someone who wants the default colors and graphics, just with the ugly filter and lack of saturation removed, use that.

Thank you for responding :D

I have a question, however. It's related to one of your notes in the download link for CleanIV (first link I posted in main post):

Since v1.21 I have edited the timecyc.dat so it enables the filter (Color Correction). I have improved it so the filter that covers the screen is not as dark and apparent as it is in default IV. Color Correction (the filter) is meant to put emphasis on the temperature. Like warm-orange sunsets, or cold-blue rainy weather. Since I improved it, it only applies a slight tint to the game, put still a bit noticable to add to the atmosphere of the weather.

^^ Explain me what you did exactly. What filter did you enable? (I hope not the default one with the ugly filter and desaturation) Does it look in any way similar to the default filter (gray atmosphere, black & white colors)? Or you just made it REPLICATE the real weather & time of day (in a better way)?

Also, is this the final version for it (v1.21)? Or you're still working on a better version?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I know this is off-topic, but how can I remove the colored background from the copied text (in this case, your quote from above -- the background is white)? :-\

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

You can try , realityIV 2.0 by DKT70

http://www.gta4-mods...ityiv-20-f25401

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Thank you for responding :D

I have a question, however. It's related to one of your notes in the download link for CleanIV (first link I posted in main post):

Since v1.21 I have edited the timecyc.dat so it enables the filter (Color Correction). I have improved it so the filter that covers the screen is not as dark and apparent as it is in default IV. Color Correction (the filter) is meant to put emphasis on the temperature. Like warm-orange sunsets, or cold-blue rainy weather. Since I improved it, it only applies a slight tint to the game, put still a bit noticable to add to the atmosphere of the weather.

^^ Explain me what you did exactly. What filter did you enable? (I hope not the default one with the ugly filter and desaturation) Does it look in any way similar to the default filter (gray atmosphere, black & white colors)? Or you just made it REPLICATE the real weather & time of day (in a better way)?

Also, is this the final version for it (v1.21)? Or you're still working on a better version?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I know this is off-topic, but how can I remove the colored background from the copied text (in this case, your quote from above -- the background is white)? :-\

Ctrl+Shift+V to paste just text.

I'm done with Clean IV, that was the last update and in my opinion it doesn't need anymore. No, I didn't enable the ugly filter. I can't exactly remember what changes I made, but I know that I enabled the Color Correction in some parts (maybe all?) because like in other games, it only adds a slight tint to imply the weather.

For example, without Color Correction - orange sunsets and sunrises were gone. It looked kind of odd to be honest. Watch the beginning of this video for an example. Only thing is the left side is complete default graphics, and the right side is an older version of CleanIV.

But I didn't change the Desaturation again, and make the game look like it does by default - gray and bland.

So red colors in the game look 100% red. Green colors look 100%. Nothing is over-saturated, or under-saturated. None of the weathers or time of day make the game look black and white. Don't worry about the Color Correction, it was necessary.

Just try the mod out yourself. No more bland colors, and just a little Color Correction in the right areas so you still have that hint of atmosphere and temperature - but still default graphics and weather. It's hard to explain to someone who has never edited a timecyc, and knows what the options are and what they do - so just make a backup of your timecyc.dat, place it somewhere safe, and replace the game's with CleanIV's timecyc.dat.

You really just need to try it out for yourself. Again, it's still default graphics and weather settings. Everything is default - except for the removal of the ugly filter and the lack of color in some parts of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users