Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do so many people hate the graphics?

90 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

I honestly never heard anyone judge the game's graphics, they don't look incredible but they certainly look good.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Only people who don't understand console limits with respect to draw distance and anti-aliasing would complain about V's graphics. These two issues will disappear on next gen and PC.

As for some of the lower resolution textures that are used, it's doubtful they will upscale them because they never have in the past. That's what PC mods will accomplish. (As a modder, there is very little that I'd bother to change.)

Honestly? This game breathes life into my old XBOX 360. I actually prefer V's graphics to Skyrim because it's softer on the eyes. Both games are gorgeous but held back by the console.
  • Bonnano likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Crappy performance is the problem, and the lack of AA. You only see blurry and pixelated stuff everywhere except in close quarters.

And the shadow on clouds looks extremely weird.

• Thalyn likes this

PoppYourHead
  • PoppYourHead

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

The majority of people who complain are PC elitists who are frustrated that the game has yet to be announced for their platform so they bash the current platforms as a way to 'vent'

You fap, we vent. why does it hurt you so much.. because you know PC version is elite?.. or aint got the money for a rig..

PoppYourHead
  • PoppYourHead

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:30 PM Edited by PoppYourHead, 26 April 2014 - 10:30 PM.

NVM

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

The majority of people who complain are PC elitists who are frustrated that the game has yet to be announced for their platform so they bash the current platforms as a way to 'vent'

You fap, we vent. why does it hurt you so much.. because you know PC version is elite?.. or aint got the money for a rig..

I love watching people make complete asses of themselves and making their respective fanbase look like little babies.

(This is directed towards you)

• darkwar854 likes this

PoppYourHead
  • PoppYourHead

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:34 PM Edited by PoppYourHead, 26 April 2014 - 10:35 PM.

I love watching people make complete asses of themselves and making their respective fanbase look like little babies.

(This is directed towards you)

Did you ever hear about a word named "Sarcasm" (This is directed towards you)
  • Thalyn likes this

Mr.Killa
  • Mr.Killa

They got money for war, but canīt feed the poor

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

I played GTA IV and it actually looks better than V in some cases. Play IV at night time when it's raining, it looks so much better than V because the streets are more populated, there's more props lying around, it just looks awesome.

Population of the street has nothing to do with graphics.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

I don't consider myself an elitist for owning a gaming rig, lol. PCs just allow for so much more on any game. I don't mind waiting for the PC version - we always have to wait. R* makes as much profit as they can each release before their next release. It's nothing new. The only time I have to mod games is during the summer anyway.

Considering V is this beautiful on XBOX, it's just more to look forward to on PC.

Gta Rory
  • Gta Rory

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Oddly enough, I've never heard this criticism from anyone except for me.  I've always liked the graphics but it feels like they're really good from far away, and crappy up close.  But it's not really a big deal for me, I just didn't like the map or the story...the graphics seemed pretty good.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

I love women and money

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:18 AM Edited by Gtaman_92, 27 April 2014 - 12:19 AM.

I have not seen too many people complain about the graphics here. GTA V has one of the best graphics I have seen personally.
  • Gta Rory likes this

Nz_fool
  • Nz_fool

Snitch

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

The only thing I despise is thr mouth movements dont match at all. I mean compare it to Skyrim a 2008 game is much more advanced in little details such as mouth sync.

RodneysLeftNut
  • RodneysLeftNut

OG LOC IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:17 AM

The only thing I despise is thr mouth movements dont match at all. I mean compare it to Skyrim a 2008 game is much more advanced in little details such as mouth sync.

Skyrim came out in 2011.. skyrim only looked as good as gta5 with ENB's.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by sibs44, 27 April 2014 - 01:27 AM.

mouth syncing is very hard to do. I actually applaud rockstar because they did much better than IV. Think about how detailed V is
Compared to skyrim, there's a lot more focus on different things and thus there is no contest.

Nz_fool
  • Nz_fool

Snitch

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

Skyrim came out in 2011.. skyrim only looked as good as gta5 with ENB's.
Oh sorry I meant to write 11

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

I haven't seen people complaining too much about the graphics. People talk about some of the countryside areas, but most of the game looks great. 

And there's no point showing images, because these are from the same game. All our opinions are based on something. I don't understand why people need to prove everybody else is wrong. Just look at these...

cougarwide.jpg

19258.png

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

If people want to reduce jaggies just turn down the sharpness level on your tv especially if you are using HDMI. Most of the time it is turned up way too high.

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Incredible Graphics .... LOL .... :D :D :D After RDR, GTA V has to be the best looking game on garbage-retiring consoles, still its just shiny and beautiful with the details from a distance, but when you give a good close up, you will find some incredible sh*t :D I suppose, you hardly (or never) played any game on PC to understand the actual graphics that do translate into "Incredible", and not some thing like this on consoles. Incredible? ho ho ha ha, damn really, you don't know :D
  • Thalyn likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

To be fair, a handful of PC gamers don't know what good graphics means either *cough*ENB*cough* where they make the bloom too damn bright and make surfaces overly reflection to the point where a car might as well be a mirror.

So if that's "great graphics" I'd rather be enb-less.
  • tikhung01 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Hold on.
ENB has nothing to do with the "actual" details on the screen that involves both textures and depth of each frame depicting various levels of improvisation on it, thus low to hghest options for graphics "renderers".

ENB just a mod, that affects the "visual" look of the above processing that forms the base of many other rendering options.

Its the same case with GTA V, Rocjstar has applied 'ENBeesh' feel to it on the outside, rather quite average or at best good, and not incredible at core.

I'm definitely one of those PC Players, that never plays with ENB sh*t, rather perform the modding technics available to change the core elements that help in giving the game more beautiful and realistic appeal.
Eg: Thief Gold Texture packs released recently bring a fresh touch the pixelated classic game on modern computers.

Hx1349
  • Hx1349

Baking Bad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by Hx1349, 27 April 2014 - 02:54 AM.

I was disappointed in the graphics compared to the screenshots and everything, one of the first things i did when i first picked up the game on release was explore as much as i could.  The graphics are decent, but nothing jaw dropping for last gen like some people in this proclaim.  i mean i don't understand how people in this thread are saying this game is surprising for the ps3 / xbox 360 generation, like did everyone forget about metal gear solid 4? that game came out 6 years ago, and still looks on par with next gen consoles.  Maybe it wasn't open world, but it set an example.

• Thalyn likes this

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:03 AM

Open world games are a different beast. It's so much easier to include eye candy that doesn't kill system resources for smaller areas.
  • Osho likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

Open world games are a different beast. It's so much easier to include eye candy that doesn't kill system resources for smaller areas.

Damn right.
( IMO ) Rockstar simply tried to showcase the best aspects of the "improved" RAGE, that was possible within the limitations (as quoted above) and also, few additional tweaks to give the Los Santos that solid boost to the world full of details, no doubt, absolutely gorgeous visually, but, lot of it also covers quite glaring oddities that spoil the quality of them.
Rockstar has done a brilliant job in whatever manner they could to bring GTA V on the retiring consoles visually unexpected than previous titles, given the scale and depth of the game world.
  • Midnightz likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

What PC version?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

I love the faux interiors to buildings. It's a very clever way of making you think nearly everything is enterable. It also, by design, gives modders something easier to work with when editing a building. I foresee a lot of building replacements on PC.

Even the angles used to place brush and vegetation is wisely done. You can't see the gaps unless you're looking down on it from the air. Using this method of placement makes less stuff to render thereby increasing frame rate. On PC we'll be able to add more if we want to.

The illusion of distant traffic is well done too. The "headlights" and "brake lights" are just coronas and not actually attached to vehicles but unless you closely inspect this, you won't notice it. Smart.

How anyone can not see the beauty in this game is beyond me. I've never seen another game do oceans better. The water is absolutely gorgeous. The only time you can even notice a texture boundary is in the rapids and at a very specific angle. That's impressive. The sky is amazing too. The weather system is awesome. Thunder storms and the lightning make me say WOW every time. I love the gradually filling puddles. (has any other game ever done that?!) The shadows are excellent. The lighting is stunning. The reflections are a good balance of shine and mirror. Most of the particle FX are fantastic. There's more varied terrain in this GTA than in any other. Etc. Etc. It's the prettiest sandbox I have ever seen.

A lot of texture detail went into the main characters. Up close and personal, you can see the thread patterns on their clothing and blemishes on their skin. Very cool. I'd say the only thing R* messed up with the characters is their eyeballs. Holy creepy fake robotic eyeballs. There's no expressive life in them despite facial animations and the extra detail. That said, it's really f--king hard to do.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

I think the game looks great during the day, but at night it looks a bit ugly.

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

I'm just glad I could play the game in September and any time I want to. For all the polish and execution PCs can offer, gamers exclusively using this platform are going to have to wait for V when most mainstream gamers have long moved on to something else.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

I think the game looks great during the day, but at night it looks a bit ugly.

Have you adjusted the contrast levels correctly and using full range HDMI? That gets rid of the colour banding issues in the night sky that a lot of people have because they skip that part.

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

480px-Chiliad.jpg

GTA 5 graphics is wayyy better than that piece of sh*t gta 4 .
0_0.jpg
zAv.jpg
wxGRRbh.jpg
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

tikhung01
  • tikhung01

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

GTA 5 graphics is wayyy better than that piece of sh*t gta 4 .

I agree that GTA 5 graphics is great, but you call GTA 4 a piece of sh*t? Have some respect for older games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users